Xian Travelling With Hostel North Branch

Very Good 686 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Jul 2017
4.9

The staff was very rude and had poor English, a guy next to me lost his room card and they had no idea what he was asking for when he asked if they could replace it, and when I checked out I asked if I was supposed to take out my bedding (as is standard at most hostels) and the girl thought I wanted to store my luggage. The outlet by my bed didn't work, and there were no extra in the room so I had to charge my phone in the lobby. The bathrooms were also dirty.

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Apr 2017
7.1

Clean and well located next to the subway with a good bar. The downside was the security - our door made an alarm sound everytime it was closed, so people sometimes left it open (this sound woke me up a few times in the night too). There is no way to stop people walking in off the street as the entrance does not cross the reception desk and I was not given a key for the locker, so I had to leave my stuff out with no security or take it all with me. Only two female showers for the hostel.

24th Apr 2017

One night in Sheehan this was a great place. They set my tour up to go to the terra-cotta warriors. The tour was a great value and I would recommend this hostel

• Japan, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017
8.0

Very nice atmosphere and really frinedly staff. They didn't quite understand English, but definitely tried their best to give all they got. Nice bar and smoking pit to get to know other backpackers, would recommend!

13th Mar 2017

We stayed in Xi'an for 4 days and had a blast with traveling hostel. We had a private room; the beds were very comfortable, the room was spacious and the showers were also very spacious. We also booked a tour through the hostel which was incredible. The staff is very friendly and always available. My only complaint is that it was a little difficult for us to find when we got off the subway. But overall I would stay here again and reccomend to a friend! What you get for the price is very good.

• con_r6270
  • England, All Male Group, 18-24
4th Mar 2017
7.4

This place was definitely worth the money. Lacked an atmosphere but that's probably because it's not in peak time at the moment. Lack of privacy in the bathrooms and rooms but overall was a good stay

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Feb 2017
7.4

Nice enough hostel. Lacked a bit of atmosphere in the communal area - not one if you want a party hostel. Comfy beds and hot showers although the hallways and bathroo were always freezing cold. Friendly staff and good location.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
6.6

The location itself is good. Walking distance to most things and is close to the metro station. However, the hostel itself is difficult to find as the name on the building is not "Travelling With", the sign reads "Green Forest". The room was spacious, but the walls were paper thin-you were disturbed by noises all night. Also, the facilities looked clean, but the bathroom in the room and the dorm bathroom had a foul smell coming. The staff were not all that help and had very limited English.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
30th Jan 2017

It took me a while until I found the hostel, because when I got out of the subway station I couldn't find the sign from the hostel. Staff is friendly and do their best with helping you. Some of the staff can't speak english very well, make sure they have understood you, otherwise you will end up in a wrong place :D Bathroom was always freaking cold but at least hot water :)! Very good atmosphere. I booked a tour to the teraccotta warriors which I can also reccommend.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
7.7

Staying with 'Xian Travelling with Hostel North Branch' was an overall positive experience. The private room I stayed in the first few nights was good. However, due to changes in my travelling plans, I was forced to stay another night (this time in a mixed dorm room). This experience was less enjoyable. I was made to change rooms three times in all, two of which smelled strange. Despite my negative experience with the dorms I really liked the common room and bar area.