Xian Travelling With Hostel North Branch

Fabulous 667 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 667 Total Reviews

13th Mar 2017

We stayed in Xi'an for 4 days and had a blast with traveling hostel. We had a private room; the beds were very comfortable, the room was spacious and the showers were also very spacious. We also booked a tour through the hostel which was incredible. The staff is very friendly and always available. My only complaint is that it was a little difficult for us to find when we got off the subway. But overall I would stay here again and reccomend to a friend! What you get for the price is very good.

• con_r6270
  • England, All Male Group, 18-24
4th Mar 2017
7.4

This place was definitely worth the money. Lacked an atmosphere but that's probably because it's not in peak time at the moment. Lack of privacy in the bathrooms and rooms but overall was a good stay

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Feb 2017
7.4

Nice enough hostel. Lacked a bit of atmosphere in the communal area - not one if you want a party hostel. Comfy beds and hot showers although the hallways and bathroo were always freezing cold. Friendly staff and good location.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
6.6

The location itself is good. Walking distance to most things and is close to the metro station. However, the hostel itself is difficult to find as the name on the building is not "Travelling With", the sign reads "Green Forest". The room was spacious, but the walls were paper thin-you were disturbed by noises all night. Also, the facilities looked clean, but the bathroom in the room and the dorm bathroom had a foul smell coming. The staff were not all that help and had very limited English.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
30th Jan 2017

It took me a while until I found the hostel, because when I got out of the subway station I couldn't find the sign from the hostel. Staff is friendly and do their best with helping you. Some of the staff can't speak english very well, make sure they have understood you, otherwise you will end up in a wrong place :D Bathroom was always freaking cold but at least hot water :)! Very good atmosphere. I booked a tour to the teraccotta warriors which I can also reccommend.

• France, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Jan 2017
6.6

So noisy, staff seem not to care, no breakfast (who knows why).

• eddiejtorresjr
  • USA, Male, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

The Hostel provides shuttle service should you need it. The staff were very helpful, especially Slowly, she was a delight. She made me feel like family, if you like mocha or coffee, I suggest you try their Caramel Mocha, it was the best I ever had. Definitely worth the stay here. Oh, and it's very close to the city wall. Be careful on the streets though, I witnessed many car accidents on a walk around the block. Other than that, this Hostel is the best in the city. Thank you again Slowly.

• alephsmith
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
25th Dec 2016
7.4

The location of this hostel was pretty good, just sitting outside the city wall. The staff were always helpful and they made a great coffee, far better than the swill you'd find at Starbucks. My main gripe was the cleanliness and smell. While there were constantly people cleaning, the whole hostel had a dank dirty feel. They really need to replace the carpet which was foul and there was a strange smell that lingered in the room and halls.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
25th Nov 2016

A great hostel located just outside of the North Gate. Within a 20min walk to most of the historical sites within the city wall. Staff were amazing and extremely helpful with finding out prices for us, giving us advice, and helping us book our trip. We stayed in the twin room. Room was super clean and perfect for two people. The only extras that would've been nice to have in the room would be a safe for a little extra security and a mini fridge, but really no complaints. Would 100% recommend!

• dippyknitter
  • Canada, Female, 41+
19th Nov 2016

The staff were very helpful as I was planning my last morning activities. The city walks maps were invaluable. I would definitely stay here again. It's very handy to the train stations.