Ximena's Guest House Reviews

Calle San Salvador #202A, Col. Centroamerica, San Salvador, El Salvador

We only passed through for one night but this guest house was clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was also very helpful in helping us plan the next leg(s) of our trip. Was a short taxi ride to either of the major bus stations and I would highly recommend eating at the hamburger place on the corner.

The hostel is close to the bus routes which is really good. It is also only around 25 minutes to walk to the historical center if you want (though buses are only 20 cents). I didn't get to meet Lena but she was wonderful in helping me out before I arrived. The ladies at the front desk were also very nice and friendly and always cleanings. The dorm rooms are very basic but clean. I would stay here again.

Thanks for your positive comments Sarah. Too bad I was not around the days you stayed so I could meet you but I am happy my staff took good care of you. Hope you can come back soon.

I had a wonderful stay at Ximena's Guest House. The room was large and had a ceiling fan that kept me cool. Lena and her staff are very helpful with trip planning and informing you of what is in the area. I would recommend this guest house to everyone!

Thanks for your positive comments Martie. I am glad you had a good time with us. Lena

They have a problem with internet.it didn't work all the time. They do not offer access to the kitchen and kitchen facilities ,and fridge the. Everything there was worn out, starting from the beds and finishing on the eating area tables .Website is saying that there is terrace ,but it is only cement roof with 2 dirty plastic tables and 4 chairs. And no view around-only plastic bags and others junky roofs. Our room was really ugly .It was not what I expected.90% in reviews is exaggerate.

The 90% are other people who seem quite pleased with our hotel and our service (you are of the few who are not satisfied with your stay). Your info about the iinternet is a lie as I personally arranged with the telephone company to fix the error that only lasted half a day,and all the other guests used it just fine after that) We do not have an open kitchen - our website does not say we do. Our rooftop terrace is not dirtly, its clean and don´t expect a luxury room for just $29. Bad judgement

This was a nice place to stay, however the nearby area didnt feel like it had much going on other than big chain American restaurants such as Burger King, Wendys, Subway etc. Felt safe to walk around at night though. Kind of annoying that you have to pay to use lockers, or to use the computer with internet, even though it is cheap. Also the lockers are not in your room which is a bit of a pain. Rooms were very basic but alright. It was a nice place to stay but just nothing outstanding.

At the reception we hand out a little leaflet with information about the area and what you can find here, too bad you did not read it. There are 2 museums within walking distance (Museo de Arte popular and the Contemporary history museum , Museo de la palabra y el imagen) if you explore a little bit beyond the main street here are several local eateries serving typical dishes for a low cost. Big advantage of our location is being close to all the most important bus routes to explore the country.