Xingping This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.5, Rongtan Rd., Xingping, Yangshuo, China

Cozy and clean, great common area in both hostel places (plus rooftop!) to hang out. The staff creates a very welcoming atmosphere and they help you in any case, not only if you book a tour,. You're doing a great job guys, keep it up! Their partner café in the old town has some tasty food, however, the staff there seemed quite rude on both my visits, which is a pity. There are foodstalls near the hostel, you can ask for the english menu. Mountainbikes for hire 100m left from hostel.

Beautiful place. Had an amazing time. Thanks.

• 15th Jul 2015

The hostel is in a great location right at the base of Laozhai hill and the hustle of the Li River ferries. Lots of activities to do while you're in Xingping, the staff are very helpful with ideas for your stay.

We stayed in a doubleroom in The new building, which was good value for the money. The bathroom was clean and good, The room was ok. Staff varied, some really good and helpful, and others seemed like they didnt care about helping us at all. Overall, good hostel.

This Old Place is really cool. It's a great location for those looking to get out of Yangshou and enjoy some scenery. The showers here are really spacious and have great hot water. They dorm I was in could get damp, but the AC unit solved our problems. On a nice day, you can view a beautiful sunset from the rooftop. I met a great group of like-minded travelers during my stay.

Xingping is great and this hostel is nice, quiet and clean.

Very shabby looking hostel with damp rooms. The wood oven pizzas are pretty good however, and the rooftop terrace (despite the holes in the roof) offers a sweet view of the river Li. The area is good, Xingping is very small so easy to get around from this hostel. Staff were friendly enough.

Ex location with great views from rooftops Male at reception was very helpful planning walk and organising bamboo raft Very clean highly recommended

this hostel was just soooo amazing!!! in short: we extended our stay from 2 to5 days...!! the village is quite small and so much nicer than its bigger brother yangshuo. the hostel has 2 houses, both of equal standard. our 4-bed dorm roomand the other rooms we saw were newly renovated and very clean. the drain stank a little bit. i wouldnt recommand their breakfast. there is way better food inside the city for less money (try to find the chinese pancakes, ~100m up the street)

Had a very pleasant stay at Old Place. Its in a great location and really nice rooftop area with a lovely lookout over the mountains. the room is a bit dark because of no windows, otherwise alright. one point to improve is (as in nearly all youth hostels in china) the English skills of some of the staff. Anyway thanks to lovely Echo to help me booking my train tickets online, would have been lost otherwise

Really good hostel, with a helpfull staff and an amazing location!

I only have 500 characters to use and I can begin to tell you that's not enough. I found this place and was wondering if it would be too far, but the location is most excellent! Near 2 of the biggest attractions in xingping. Great to be away from the big cities and amazing atmosphere with yummy pizza and great accommodations for the price!! And the thing that absolutely makes this hostel a must stay is the absolutely amazing staff!! They're awesome & I wish I had more room to write

• 3rd May 2015

Thanks a lot for your good comment. And we will do it better in future. Hope see you again in Xingping.

I'm so glad we stayed in Xingping instead of spending our entire visit in Yangshuo! This hostel suited us well, my boyfriend and I were in a 3-room dorm but there was no third person for the three nights we were there. Rooms were clean and comfortable (I think we were in the old wing). Wood fired pizza was really good! The staff was a bit hit or miss in terms of English skills, but mostly helpful.

We are so happy that you can enjoyed staying with us.The girls are lovely,sometimes they are a little shy,and non professional of English,but they are trying to do best ,and hope you can have a nice trip in China.

We stayed at the absolutely wonderful This Old Place Hostel while visiting the magnificent Xingpin,China. From checking in to our returning the room key very close to check out time, we were treated like a king and queen! The entire staff were incredibly helpful, friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate - we thank them all so very much and wish them all great happiness in their lives! We can only hope that they would have the same experience should they visit our home country,Canada.

• 6th Apr 2015

Thank you for your comment,we are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us.We are not saying that we are the best but we are trying our best all the time to get there. It's so nice to spend the days with you,we wish to retain it as a precious memory,and hope everything going well with you.We hope we will have the chances to visit Canada in the future,thank you again. This old place team

A nice warm welcome with staff happy to let you speak Chinese, equally they speak some English. Adequate dorms with good beds and bedside electrics. a lovely roof top terrace with amazing views, even in February. Comfortable communal area with the odd film being played (English or Chinese). Probably could do with more bathrooms. showers, but as the hostel was not full this was not really an issue. Tucked away in a lovely alley, easy to find if you follow the instructions.