Xingping This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.5, Rongtan Rd., Xingping, Yangshuo, China

We stayed in a double room and it was beautiful! I recommend you to stay there!

This hostel is located outside of Yangshuo, and that is exactly what I liked about it. It had a great atmosphere with friendly staff, while youbare surrounded by the scenery that is depicted on the 20yuan note. My only complaints (and for how cheapnit is, they are little) is the non ensuite bathroom for the dorms, and the overpriced bike hire (do yourself a favour and walk down the main street for 5min. There are bikes for cheaper, or better quality for the same price)

• 15th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Great location, wifi in the reception area, air conditioning, and overall a great place to stay. Would definitely stay here again! Walls were a bit moldy in six bed dorm but shared bathrooms were decently clean. Atmosphere of the hostel was very chilled and relaxed. Not a place to party.

perfect location, useful guides of what to do, did exactly what you need from a hostel

This hostel is amazing! Its clean, cozy, comfortable, it has a terrace with a breathtaking view. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately we stayed there only 2 nights but if we ever come back we will stay there at least a week :)

Very helpful staff. great location nearby the laozhai hill for the sunrise. You have to tell the hostel to open the door early if you wanna see the sunrise over the li river or laozhai hill. They have a very helpful little guide book that tells you where and how to get to most attractions around xingping.

You couldn't hope for a better hostel than this one. It has it all and more. The staff will happily answer your questions, and are knowledgable about all activities in the area.

I would not hesitate to come back were I again in Guangxi. The staff were stupendous, the common areas and surroundings had a great backpacker vibe and the dorms were quaint and comfortable. However for me, the location is the winner. Far more tranquil and serene then yangshuo. A lot more relaxed, especially at night, which was what I was after. If your looking for a more lively scene then consider instead yangshuo. 5 minutes cycle an your out in unspoilt countryside. Terrific!!!

Cozy and clean, great common area in both hostel places (plus rooftop!) to hang out. The staff creates a very welcoming atmosphere and they help you in any case, not only if you book a tour,. You're doing a great job guys, keep it up! Their partner café in the old town has some tasty food, however, the staff there seemed quite rude on both my visits, which is a pity. There are foodstalls near the hostel, you can ask for the english menu. Mountainbikes for hire 100m left from hostel.

Beautiful place. Had an amazing time. Thanks.

• 15th Jul 2015

The hostel is in a great location right at the base of Laozhai hill and the hustle of the Li River ferries. Lots of activities to do while you're in Xingping, the staff are very helpful with ideas for your stay.

We stayed in a doubleroom in The new building, which was good value for the money. The bathroom was clean and good, The room was ok. Staff varied, some really good and helpful, and others seemed like they didnt care about helping us at all. Overall, good hostel.

This Old Place is really cool. It's a great location for those looking to get out of Yangshou and enjoy some scenery. The showers here are really spacious and have great hot water. They dorm I was in could get damp, but the AC unit solved our problems. On a nice day, you can view a beautiful sunset from the rooftop. I met a great group of like-minded travelers during my stay.

Xingping is great and this hostel is nice, quiet and clean.

Very shabby looking hostel with damp rooms. The wood oven pizzas are pretty good however, and the rooftop terrace (despite the holes in the roof) offers a sweet view of the river Li. The area is good, Xingping is very small so easy to get around from this hostel. Staff were friendly enough.

Ex location with great views from rooftops Male at reception was very helpful planning walk and organising bamboo raft Very clean highly recommended

this hostel was just soooo amazing!!! in short: we extended our stay from 2 to5 days...!! the village is quite small and so much nicer than its bigger brother yangshuo. the hostel has 2 houses, both of equal standard. our 4-bed dorm roomand the other rooms we saw were newly renovated and very clean. the drain stank a little bit. i wouldnt recommand their breakfast. there is way better food inside the city for less money (try to find the chinese pancakes, ~100m up the street)

Had a very pleasant stay at Old Place. Its in a great location and really nice rooftop area with a lovely lookout over the mountains. the room is a bit dark because of no windows, otherwise alright. one point to improve is (as in nearly all youth hostels in china) the English skills of some of the staff. Anyway thanks to lovely Echo to help me booking my train tickets online, would have been lost otherwise

Really good hostel, with a helpfull staff and an amazing location!

I only have 500 characters to use and I can begin to tell you that's not enough. I found this place and was wondering if it would be too far, but the location is most excellent! Near 2 of the biggest attractions in xingping. Great to be away from the big cities and amazing atmosphere with yummy pizza and great accommodations for the price!! And the thing that absolutely makes this hostel a must stay is the absolutely amazing staff!! They're awesome & I wish I had more room to write

• 3rd May 2015

Thanks a lot for your good comment. And we will do it better in future. Hope see you again in Xingping.