Xingping This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.5, Rongtan Rd., Xingping, Yangshuo, China

Had a very pleasant stay at Old Place. Its in a great location and really nice rooftop area with a lovely lookout over the mountains. the room is a bit dark because of no windows, otherwise alright. one point to improve is (as in nearly all youth hostels in china) the English skills of some of the staff. Anyway thanks to lovely Echo to help me booking my train tickets online, would have been lost otherwise

I only have 500 characters to use and I can begin to tell you that's not enough. I found this place and was wondering if it would be too far, but the location is most excellent! Near 2 of the biggest attractions in xingping. Great to be away from the big cities and amazing atmosphere with yummy pizza and great accommodations for the price!! And the thing that absolutely makes this hostel a must stay is the absolutely amazing staff!! They're awesome & I wish I had more room to write

• 3rd May 2015

Thanks a lot for your good comment. And we will do it better in future. Hope see you again in Xingping.

I'm so glad we stayed in Xingping instead of spending our entire visit in Yangshuo! This hostel suited us well, my boyfriend and I were in a 3-room dorm but there was no third person for the three nights we were there. Rooms were clean and comfortable (I think we were in the old wing). Wood fired pizza was really good! The staff was a bit hit or miss in terms of English skills, but mostly helpful.

We are so happy that you can enjoyed staying with us.The girls are lovely,sometimes they are a little shy,and non professional of English,but they are trying to do best ,and hope you can have a nice trip in China.

We stayed at the absolutely wonderful This Old Place Hostel while visiting the magnificent Xingpin,China. From checking in to our returning the room key very close to check out time, we were treated like a king and queen! The entire staff were incredibly helpful, friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate - we thank them all so very much and wish them all great happiness in their lives! We can only hope that they would have the same experience should they visit our home country,Canada.

• 6th Apr 2015

Thank you for your comment,we are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us.We are not saying that we are the best but we are trying our best all the time to get there. It's so nice to spend the days with you,we wish to retain it as a precious memory,and hope everything going well with you.We hope we will have the chances to visit Canada in the future,thank you again. This old place team

A nice warm welcome with staff happy to let you speak Chinese, equally they speak some English. Adequate dorms with good beds and bedside electrics. a lovely roof top terrace with amazing views, even in February. Comfortable communal area with the odd film being played (English or Chinese). Probably could do with more bathrooms. showers, but as the hostel was not full this was not really an issue. Tucked away in a lovely alley, easy to find if you follow the instructions.

It was a wonderful, peaceful location and the staff were super friendly and helpful.

Very helpful staff, nice pizzza, good place!

The hostel is really nice and cozy, good atmosphere and helpful, english speaking staff. But there are only two showers and one wester toilet for the dorms, and they have no towels to lend so you should bring yours, and they ask you to undo your bed before checking out...