Xingping This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.5, Rongtan Rd., Xingping, Yangshuo, China

This place was a bit poorly maintained. Little things broken, lost locks for lockers, lights not working, malfunctioning air con, the room looked like no one had ever wiped off any dust. Nice place otherwise, great location.

Thanks for your comments, and sorry for we were not thoughtful. The things you said really existed, but we didn't notice that. We will try our best to improve our facilities,and quality of services. Welcome back to XingPing this old place again, and we are confident that you will see our progress. ------------XingPing this old place

One of my favourite hostels during my China trip. Fantastic location to enjoy the limestone peaks; especially from the upstairs balcony. The hostel's pizzas are delicious and worth a taste too. Staff are helpful and pleasant.

Usually it's the staff that make a huge difference, but at this hostel, most of them were so-so, unfriendly and not helpful except for 2 (a nice guy called Liu and Anne). No organized social events. A small area near the pizza oven was the only cool social spot. The staff refused to change my room from single to dorm, saying it wasn't their policy, although all the other hostels I've been to did so without any fuss. Their "new" restaurant is pricey and bland, tho' recommended by the staff.

We respect your opinions, but we have to defense ourselves with reasonable points.1 the definition of friendly differ from person to person. We can not agree that it is equal to satisfying every demand from u. 2, about changing the room, we have explained it in email even with a screenshot show you why we cannot do that and you finally agreed about. 3, you told our staff in new cafe that you loved the dishes and will try their other dish tomorrow.Sorry, but we got hurt by your unfair comment

It is a really nice place. Very clean and new. would Definitely recommend it

We are truly glad to know that you had a great time with us!! Welcome to Xingping again !! Have a nice day :)

I had a wonderful stay at This Old Place. The staff was helpful and friendly and the pizza was delicious. Ronny was particularly helpful and kind - on his morning off of work he took me and two other guests on a beautiful bike ride. I enjoyed my stay so much that I decided to stay two nights instead of one. If you're looking for a quiet and comfortable place to stay outside of the hustle and bustle around yangshuo, this is the place to be!

Thanks a lot for your comment. We are so glad to know that you had a good stay with us. Welcome to This Old Place again. Best wishes :)

keep training your english, and the pizza's are amazing.

Glad to hear that you had a good time with us and love our pizza. Thanks a lot for your comment and we will try our best to be better.

Great place, highly recommended. Full satisfaction with everything!

Thanks for your good comments, we will continue to do the best , welcome come back again.

The hostel itself was nice. The location was amazing and the staff were vey friendly. However, I stayed there just after the May Day holiday and it took a long time for my room to be prepared, (I arrived around 3pm and didn't get up to my room until after 6.) Even then, I had to wait before officially checking in. Hopefully this was just because of the busy holiday. I would still recommend this place to anyone in the Yangshuo/guilin/Xingping area. The area and hostel itself were worth the wait.

Thanks your true comments. On 1st may , it is big holiday in china ,so we are busy , sorry for your waiting a long time .we will try to do the best to provide the services . we hope that you can see our process when you come back again . Thanks for your suggestion.

The wifi connection is very poor in the room. Like the rooftop space as you can see the whole view of the port and it is spacious. During my visit, the staff was busy entertained other travelers though I've been standing there earlier to be entertained with. The dorm is quite spacious for 8 person and the bathroom is clean and they had many of it

We do not provide the wifi in the room , just in the Public areas. in order to make friends among the more guests . On 1st may , it is busy holiday in china , sorry for your waiting a long time . some of guests make the reservation more earlier , or others order the menu more faster . that why you waited longer time . We just have 6-bed dorm for most 6 people, not for 8 people. anyway ,thanks for your comments , and we will improved quality of service . thanks again

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. It felt like a hotel and was excellent value for money ! Bags of atmosphere, and having been pizza-deprived for most of the yr in Beijing, we really appreciated your wood oven ! Definitely rent bikes and follow one of the routes recommended. Also fantastic hiking. Thank you Ronnie, who works there and led us on a hike to a picturesque fishing village. Unfortunately we took a long detour and made him late for work. Sorry, and we really appreciate it :-)

Thanks for your comments , welcome come back again. with regards

The hostel itself was great. Location was central and very easy to find, our private room was very clean and had a nice view on the mountains. We didn't hang around the hostel much but it seemed cool enough if you wanted to hang around and meet some people or go on tours with them. My only complaint is that we went to their restaurant down the road, where there was a mixup and it took more than 1.5 hours for them to bring us the food + there was a cockroach leg in the coffee. YUCK!

Thanks for your true comments. As to our restaurant , we are so sorry to hear about that , on those days , our first chef was on vacation , just only the second chef , so the cooking prepare slowly , sorry for your waiting 1.5 hours . As to cockroach leg in the coffee , we had paid more attention to that and avoid happen to that again . In a word , thanks for your suggestion , which let us know these serious problem that we will try to improve our services .

Beautiful view from our balcony, great room, very clean, right on the river in a quieter area!

Thanks for your comments , we try to do the best ,not only the good location , but the good service we try to provide . welcome come back again. with regardes

This is a really good place to stay! The rooms are big, wooden and the bathroom was fantastic. Clean, cosy, good food (if you want) and really nice stuff with good advice!

Thanks for your good comments ,we will continue to do the best , welcome come back again.

Great hostel with a really friendly staff. They spoke well and had a decent idea of the things to do in and around Xingping. Had a wonderful 3 night stay at this place.

• 30th Mar 2014