YADOYA Guesthouse for Backpackers Reviews

2-18-6 Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo, Japan

水周りがあまり良くなかった。それ以外は良いのですが。

This hostel was great value for money, with very friendly staff and a small but friendly common-room that made it easy to meet people. The 8 bed dorm felt a little cramped, but the bed was really comfortable so that made up for it. In particular I really like this hostel because of it's location. It is only a short journey to the famous spots like Shinjuku (perhaps even walkable) but Nakano itself is actually a nice little area too. Neighbouring Koenji was also really cool and walkable.

My new favourite hostel in Tokyo. The staff were willing to wait up for my super late check in time and were very friendly and helpful. The location is one of the best for a Tokyo hostel and is close to Shinjuku. I really enjoyed my stay here and hope to be back soon!

Staff are very friendly and laidback.

Good hostel, the location is not the best (railway Nakano), but has its value. Not had any problems with the place, with only the bed that is very traditional (on the floor). The common area is not the greatest, but the place is acceptable.

The hostel was very squishy, I suppose it was sweet in a way... We were given a map of Nakano (the area) that showed nice places and cheap places to visit, drink, eat and shop. I really liked this aspect.

The kitchen is the worst I have ever seen at a Hostel in Japan, the external walls are so thin it sounded like trucks were driving through the bedroom early in the morning and the bedrooms are so tiny the only place to put my luggage was blocking the door. However, if you only want to use this as a place to crash (not meet people or hang out) it's fine.

Bed smell in toileet

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

You get what you pay for a Yadoya. The staff is very nice and helpful that is the only reason why i didn't rate it all poorly. The rooms are VERY small and the pictures on hostel world are outdated. The hostel itself is EXTREMELY cluttered and the common area kitchen is FILTHY. The noise level is loud/average depending on the night because the walls are paper thin. The rooms are kept clean Check your mattress pads because we got older ones and ended up with bruising sleeping on the tama mats.

• 12th Oct 2014

Tiny hostel, slightly cramped facilities. I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm which I found comfortable. The bed was wonderful, though the room got a bit stuffy. The showers are standard, but don't come with shampoo/soap as many other hostels do. There's a 7-Eleven right across the street where you can buy toiletries and withdraw money. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I mistakenly booked my room for the wrong night, but they still let me come and even stayed late to wait for my 11pm arrival.

This hostel has a nice atmosphere. The rooms are ok, the facilities smell a little bit. Absolutely ok for the money