YADOYA Guesthouse for Backpackers Reviews

2-18-6 Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This hostel has a nice atmosphere. The rooms are ok, the facilities smell a little bit. Absolutely ok for the money

Alice at the front desk was wonderful. We arrived late and didn't have a phone and they were waiting up for us to check us in (sorry and thank you again!). The visitor pamphlets and maps she gave us we used for the entirety of our trip, and the location of the guesthouse was fantastic. Lots of great dining and drinking options, and very close to the station and random shops. As guest houses go, quite small. Room was tiny, but for the price in inner tokyo, you get what you pay for.

The place is probably okay. But I've been in another hostel in Tokyo when I arrived and for the same price I had way better. The rooms are tiny and the facilities are not great. The kitchen / common room is tiny too. I know it's Japan and everything is tiny, but I've seen better in the same city. I'm just saying... If there is something better (Khaosan Asakusa hostel...) available on the date you want to go, should should try something else than this. Otherwise, it seemed cleaned and good.

these guys were so nice and helpful!

This is a such a lovely place to stay, the staff are really friendly and very helpful, the beds are so comfy, and it's located in a pretty convenient location.

Positioning of AC was awkward. One person has it blowing on their heads causing them to turn off the AC which makes the entire room hot and humid.

Really helpful staff. Great location near the metro and walking distance from harajuku and shibuya. Really small common area but overall great value for money.

The staff was friendly. Recommended some nearby places and even carried my bag up the stairs! Location is a short walk from a subway/train stop. The dorm room was a bit tight and I definitely hit my head on the ceiling a few times, but otherwise it was clean and decent enough. I was only there one night, but there wasn't much socializing going on so it didn't really have the vibe of a normal hostel.

Very conveniently located close to Nakano station, you can easily access every nook and cranny in Tokyo. Staff were very helpful and always ready to lend a hand, access to the building was restricted to guests and the rooms themselves were comfortable and clean. Lockers were available to be used, but they didn't feel needed.

This was my second time staying at Yadoya Guesthouse. Although the hostel and the room were quite small, it was clean, the location was really convenient, and the staff was very friendly. Thank you!

Value for money. They offer you cool and clean space to stay in hot summer. Be careful your check in time becuz the office closes pm8. I'm so satisfied with their kindness. And I find it was a good opportunity, needless to say, to make many friends.

The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, and they even have a party for guests and locals to mix on Tuesday nights. The building and room itself was dilapidated and unfinished, but it was clean enough. Not for light sleepers, because you can hear every time anyone walks around or talks on your floor, even from a private room.

The place is really easy to find (once you book you get an extra detailed map. We had the most tiny bedroom in the world but clean, and it felt quite typical to sleep on futon. And the staff was nice, the helped me to get back my luggage which the airport sent there.

Location is very good. There's a 7-11 in front and it's near the train station. There are also a lot of restaurants nearby. You can ask for a flyer that has a map and list of shops in the area. The staff are really friendly and helpful. I stayed in a mixed room with a bunk bed, not much headroom on top. The bed has two outlets for charging electronics, which was convenient. The shower room was okay, but the 3F restroom had a smell. Overall, it's a decent place if you are on a tight budget.

We booked a private room, and we was surprised: 1- No elevator, so with our big suitcase it was not easy in by small strairs 2- The room is really small: the bed is touching 3 walls (tahts mean the room is large as the bed) and it has only +/- 50 cm between the door and the bed ... so you have to open your suitcase on the bed, and storage it under the bed. Not convenient at all !!! However it's anyway an amazing experience :)

Thanks for the great hospitality! Everyone was very friendly and helpful, from the moment we walked into the hostel. The location was excellent, right near the place I desired to go shopping (Nakano Broadway) and very close to the Yamanote line to reach my other top destinations (Shibuya, Ikebukuro, Akihabara...). The facilities were a little too tight, and some of the restrooms were really cramped, but overall the complex was very clean and organized. The WIFI did not work in our room.

Friendly staff and the rooms are nice! There's air conditioning so I'm happy.

• 13th Jun 2014

The location is great as it's only a station away from Shinjuku station. Nakano station is only a few minutes away. Best choice for JR pass holder. The room is a lil bit small but comfortable. Many restaurants and convenient stores nearby.

The hostel was good, the staff was nice, and the location was great for the price. The only problem, which the hostel itself can't be held accountable for, was the weird guests. I've never in my life been in a hostel where everyone walks around silently and refuses to interact with each other, but at Yadoya I got just that. The one person I befriended fled to another hostel as soon as possible because he couldn't handle the oppressively anti-social vibe. It was really seriously strange.

It's a pretty small hostel. Make sure you check in early if you want to stay in the dormitory or you'll get the top bunk bed in a crammed space. Pretty close from the train station and there's a lot of food option close by. The staff there is very friendly and were helpful when needed.