YADOYA Guesthouse for Backpackers Reviews

2-18-6 Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Good hostel, the location is not the best (railway Nakano), but has its value. Not had any problems with the place, with only the bed that is very traditional (on the floor). The common area is not the greatest, but the place is acceptable.

The hostel was very squishy, I suppose it was sweet in a way... We were given a map of Nakano (the area) that showed nice places and cheap places to visit, drink, eat and shop. I really liked this aspect.

The kitchen is the worst I have ever seen at a Hostel in Japan, the external walls are so thin it sounded like trucks were driving through the bedroom early in the morning and the bedrooms are so tiny the only place to put my luggage was blocking the door. However, if you only want to use this as a place to crash (not meet people or hang out) it's fine.

Bed smell in toileet

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

You get what you pay for a Yadoya. The staff is very nice and helpful that is the only reason why i didn't rate it all poorly. The rooms are VERY small and the pictures on hostel world are outdated. The hostel itself is EXTREMELY cluttered and the common area kitchen is FILTHY. The noise level is loud/average depending on the night because the walls are paper thin. The rooms are kept clean Check your mattress pads because we got older ones and ended up with bruising sleeping on the tama mats.

• 12th Oct 2014

Tiny hostel, slightly cramped facilities. I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm which I found comfortable. The bed was wonderful, though the room got a bit stuffy. The showers are standard, but don't come with shampoo/soap as many other hostels do. There's a 7-Eleven right across the street where you can buy toiletries and withdraw money. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I mistakenly booked my room for the wrong night, but they still let me come and even stayed late to wait for my 11pm arrival.

This hostel has a nice atmosphere. The rooms are ok, the facilities smell a little bit. Absolutely ok for the money

Alice at the front desk was wonderful. We arrived late and didn't have a phone and they were waiting up for us to check us in (sorry and thank you again!). The visitor pamphlets and maps she gave us we used for the entirety of our trip, and the location of the guesthouse was fantastic. Lots of great dining and drinking options, and very close to the station and random shops. As guest houses go, quite small. Room was tiny, but for the price in inner tokyo, you get what you pay for.

The place is probably okay. But I've been in another hostel in Tokyo when I arrived and for the same price I had way better. The rooms are tiny and the facilities are not great. The kitchen / common room is tiny too. I know it's Japan and everything is tiny, but I've seen better in the same city. I'm just saying... If there is something better (Khaosan Asakusa hostel...) available on the date you want to go, should should try something else than this. Otherwise, it seemed cleaned and good.

these guys were so nice and helpful!

This is a such a lovely place to stay, the staff are really friendly and very helpful, the beds are so comfy, and it's located in a pretty convenient location.

Positioning of AC was awkward. One person has it blowing on their heads causing them to turn off the AC which makes the entire room hot and humid.

Really helpful staff. Great location near the metro and walking distance from harajuku and shibuya. Really small common area but overall great value for money.