YADOYA Guesthouse for Backpackers Reviews

2-18-6 Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo, Japan

A small but cozy hostel tucked in a quiet neighbourhood. The location is convenient - just 2 train stops from Shinjuku, so it's great for those who are concentrating on that part of Tokyo. The 4-bed dorm rooms are small, and the luggage racks not too steady, but the beds are comfortable. Don't expect parties in the common room, but it's a good place to rest after a long day out!

Yadoya is a cheap and great hostel. I stayed there for 3 nights in female dormitory room. Even the room is quite small, it's clean. However, it is quite inconvenient for people who come with a big luggage. The staffs are friendly and helpful.

Cheapest backpackers by far in tokyo. Although location is quite far from the main attractions it is still accessible. Staff were helpful eg. helped to purchase museum tickets that can only be bought there.

the staff was super friendly and fairly fluent in english. they offer bike rentals and maps, the common area is very cute and full of things to entertain yourself. in the 8 bed dorm, two sets of bunks are right up against each other with a bit of plexiglass between them, so expect less than 0 privacy.

• 4th Apr 2014

It is situated off the busier parts of Tokyo but is still close to Shinjuku so it is a good place to rest for the night away from the noise and go for the attractions at nearby areas. The space is quite small but it is comfortable enough for my stay there.

I 100% recommend this guesthouse to stay in for a Tokyo stay. We arrived for a late check in, and let them know in advance. They spoke excellent English, provided clear directions to the hostel, as well as maps and plenty of information. It was incredibly clean. There were more facilities than I would usually expect, multiple hair driers, showers on each floor, more guidebooks, cooking facilities. I felt very secure and safe in the hostel and would happily stay there again- or in another branch!

• 13th Mar 2014

위치 좋습니다(바로 앞에 세븐일레븐 있어요) 깨끗하고 아늑해서 좋습니다 여행을 많이 다니신 분이라면 만족도가 높으실 거예요

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Everyone was super friendly. Loved the Tuesday night dinner, great way yo meet new friends :)

• 24th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff of the hostel was really very good and helpful

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Dominican Republic

Well situated, nice staff but too noisy, I couldn't sleep enough and well at all. I have chosen the female dorm, the facilities were ok for the price, the bed quite comfy but the wall isolation is so bad that you can continuously hear the sounds of cars. Moreover imposing some rules of silence would be very welcomed, people made noise until midnight and then woke up at 6:00 without paying any respects to others.If you don't want to be a zombie during the day, choose an other place to stay

• 15th Feb 2014

Yadoya Guesthouse was a good choice,it is indeed a very small guesthouse as many others have mentioned,but Hey,this is Japan!and I was totally fine with that,although I'd suggest to add few shelves on the common bathroom area because there's no place to put you toiletries!The stuff was great especially Kenji,he was very helpful and easygoing to talk to,also I wish good luck to the italian guy who's now volunteering there,it was nice to exchange ideas about Asia with him. I'd reccomend this place

• 25th Jan 2014

Position is great and staff really helpful. Rooms are tiny (for four people to fit in) but that was expected. Wish there were privacy curtains on the bunks in the dorm rooms, my stay was made much more uncomfortable due to the lack of privacy anywhere in the house. The whole place needs some TLC (or just a coat of paint).

• 14th Jan 2014

Of all the hostels I stayed at during my 4 weeks in Japan (7 hostels in total, I think) I definitely liked Yadoya the best. It is a rather small hostel but very cozy and the staff was really nice and supportive! The hostel is in a very convenient location. Most hostels in Tokyo are around Asakusa or Asakusabashi which is also fine, but I preferred staying close to Shinjuku and Shibuya.

The staff were really wonderful and I only wished I had stayed more nights in the hostel.

I really liked this hostel the location was very good and convenient. the facilities were very clean and very well maintained. the beds were really comfortable too

Everything's better than I thought before. The location is very convinence by this price. There's near train station, bus station, ATM, Big shopping center etc. When I go to Tokyo for short I'll choose Yadoya again. (More good comment, if I can write in Thai)

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Thailand

My son (age 19) and I had a great stay. Not only were the beds comfortable and the bathrooms clean, but the staff was friendly and always happy to help. We enjoyed their Christmas Eve and New Years Eve meals. I will definitely stay there again if I spend time in Tokyo.

• 24th Dec 2013

It's a simple cozy little hostel. There was no issue with cleanliness and the staff are friendly and helpful. It's a great place to stay as there is a lot of good food around the area with easy access to the city and other sightseeing spots.

Located near Nakano train station and with a 7-11 directly opposite, it's quite convenient. Facilities are clean and the staff are friendly too. Keep up the good job~

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at YADOYA. We will make more efforts to satisfy our guests.

Tiny place. Close enough to train station.