YHA Ambleside Reviews

Waterhead, Cumbria, Lake District, England

Very clean and well run hostel no complaints.

Best stay at a hostel ever!

My son and I had a great time, good food and friendly atmosphere! Would definitely love to call again

• 11th Jan 2016

Lovely hostel in a brilliant location. Friendly staff and very clean. Would recommend and stay again :)

• 9th Jan 2016

Great location! So beautiful. Huge hostel with so many activities. Although it was a short stay, it was a great stay!

This hostel has more of a hotel than anything else. Beautiful building, great advices, good wifi and very beautiful view. Negative points are the distance with the city center/supermarket (1 mile) and the lack of curtains or rubbish bins in the showers. Good stay overall!

All perfect, except the the weather!

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

Great location, good value of money. No Wi-Fi in rooms

Location is amazing. Stayed with family, having own bathroom was nice. Breakfast was decent.

• 27th Sep 2015

The location is Just WOW. Bang on the Pier. Mornings are wonderful. Quite a lot of water sports activity can be done. Centrally located for travel to Windermere and other places.

I had a great stay at YHA Ambleside! The hostel was extremely clean and well-run. It was completely booked during my stay but it never felt cramped or crowded. My room had a view of Lake Windermere. The hostel is right on the water but not near the town of Ambleside, you would need to walk or take a bus or a boat tour. Overall, this was one of my favorite hostels I've stayed at and I would definitely return.

Very comfortable, very beautiful scenery!

• 21st Sep 2015
  • China

I only stayed for a night, but it had everything you would ask for in a hostel except lockers in the room. Comfortable beds, nice enough staff, excellent location. I would stay here again.

Great hostel! Spacious rooms, nice view of the lake. Staff is friendly. Kitchen was big with lots of room to cook. Wifi is only available in the common areas. But would definitely stay again.

This was more than I expected for how little I paid, so excellent value for money. It is located right on the lake, you couldn't ask for a better view out your window. The staff were friendly and the place had a nice atmosphere. The hostel was very clean and had good facilities. The only issues I had were the lack of wifi in the rooms and carrying my luggage up and down the stairs. I would definitely recommend it to fellow travellers.

AAAAAAMAZING VIEW

Lovely place in glorious location right in the middle of the Lake District by Windermere Lake. Lovely bar with good and affordable meals. All linen provided. Would come again anytime.

• 24th Aug 2015

An excellent stay - no concerns.

View all Lake District Hostels