YHA Ambleside

9.0
Superb 422 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 41+
17th Sep 2017

First class location and a building with character. Only reservation, do we have to have muzak in the restaurant?

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2017

Lovely location--would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
3rd Sep 2017
3.7

Staff don't care about you. Asked for help and was told that I was to solve my problem on my own. No one who works there really cares about you. Very far from town. Not even salt and pepper available in kitchen. Would not recommend.

• England, Mixed Group, 41+
3rd Sep 2017

First time staying at a youth hostel. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, great facilities and very clean

• India, Male, 31-40
31st Aug 2017

Very beautiful location at lake side. Parking is limited. Food is good.

26th Aug 2017

The one staff member was not the most friendly, but everyone else was. Good location by water front though its about a mile walk into town. Nice facilities

16th Aug 2017

Pretty good hostel, nice location right on the water (although it is a bit of a walk from Ambleside). I only stayed for one night and used it as a base for hiking and it was perfect for that. Tended to be mostly families staying here which was not a negative for me since I wasn't there to meet other solo travelers, but I imagine if that's what I was there for it would have been a let down. Staff were very nice and helpful as well.

• France, Male, 25-30
8th Aug 2017

Great place to stay, the staff was really nice and were helpful with the different walks to do

• cailinmary
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
8.0

Massive hostel, gets quite busy in high season, lots of families. Great facilities & location right on waterfront. About 15 minute walk into Ambleside. Friendly atmosphere. Would stay again!

• England, Female, 31-40
24th Jul 2017
6.3

Positives: Good location Good facilities Negatives Staff could be friendlier and more helpful. When I arrived the car park was full. The check in staff didn't seem bothered that I was struggling to find somewhere and that the expense of a pay and display would be my own.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and I'm glad you liked the view and facilities. I would like to apologise if you felt the receptionist who checked you in wasn't friendly or helpful. This isn't the norm and isn't OK (read our reviews, one of the things that stands out is our staff). The other thing that stands out is, unfortunately our parking.We haven't got enough, and never will do. There are 3 alternatives close by that we direct people to if they find ours is ful so it shouldn't be a struggle. And only one of those charges (and only between the hours of 9am and 6pm. Over night it is free).

×