YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

Cool place to stay, met a lot of chill people, and the staff was extremely helpful! I would recommend it.

Very cold in the whole hostel, no heaters. Had to wear my coat all the time, rooms are moist.

Happy with the nice quiet corner we had.. Would love to see the duvet inners washed more often.! Good stay thanks.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very nice, clean and comfortable hostel for people who need to stay in Auckland on budget. There were all the facilities we needed. Staff was friendly and helpful and the kitchen was really clean comparing to other backpackers we have stayed in. It was a quiet place to stay with a great location. Just off the Queen Street. If I come back, I will definitely stay nowhere else but here. =)

I had a nice stay; the staff were helpful and approachable, the facilities such as the kitchen and the bathrooms were kept neat and clean. The only problem I found was in a six bedroom dorm there was only two plug sockets. Other than that, I'd definitely stay again. Not only that, but they gave me a free upgrade to a private room the last two nights of my stay, which I was very grateful for.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Kitchen very clean,very big and well equipped...location is pretty good and hostel is quiet and clean.staff is ok.

we weren't allowed to store our bags after checking out which was annoying

• 27th Jan 2014

Good organised YHA with a huge kitchen. There is a bit of a lack of the atmophere. The location is right next to queen street (shopping street in Auckland) and the bus to the airport arrives/depatures around the corner. Nice roof/sun terrace on the 3 floor. Good internet connection for a few kiwi dollars.