YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the YHA, good location for buses and restaurants.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Luggage storage not free of charge when checking out. Thump down! Hostel quiete old and could be cleaner (especially the bathrooms).

It's probably fine to stay here if you want to party, but not if you want to sleep. It is the noisiest hostel I have ever stayed in.

Bad hostel. Horrible rooms, not very clean, not enough toilets and showers. The showers are tiny. Not very good for females to get ready etc. No atmosphere at all. Not enough sockets in rooms, the rooms are very small and not very clean. I don't recommend at all.

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. It's in a perfect area, close to all kinds of shops, and isn't all too noisy, except for the occasional beeping of cars and loud people. Bed was comfortable, however pillows were not so I suggest bringing your own. The only problem we had was that there was mold by the head of the beds, so we just shifted the pillows to the other side. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay, and would love to come back next year :)

Great 2 bedroom dorm! No free wifi unless you are a YHA member, no computers to use or paid wifi service

There was a mix-up in the reservation, in spite of the fact that I had specified my arrival time online. After arriving at 5AM, after a long flight, the man at the front desk offered to store my luggage, but I would have to come back in 2 hours. Finally, after begging, he deigned to let me sleep in the TV room.

To make people well aware of their surroundings, people coming and going, to all hours of the night, but be thoughtful, and mindful of others who are sleeping.

• 7th Oct 2014