YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

Good, clean hostel. Comfortable bed, friendly staff, large kitchen and a nice outdoor patio area.

Was in a female double and fast asleep at 11 pm when the second girl walked in - guess that's to be expected in this location. Found it a bit unfortunate that one of the two toilets on the floor I was on was out of order, but then again it didn't cause queues while I was there. The room itself was ok for one night, comfy bed! There was quite a bit of mould behind the curtain when I closed it, that might need some looking at.

Thanks for your feedback. Security of all our guests is very important as is the safety of our guests. We are required to know who is staying and who is in the secure areas of the hostel should we need to evacuate the building. We realise this is inconvenient at times but safety and security comes first.

This lace is very good, had a two bed room, comfortable, enjoyed stay here, recommend.

Comparing to hostel in Germany, I think that it's much better than NZL because i could have free breakfast, i could have my own cabinet to keep my things, my personal light by my bed and there is keycard !! Not just keys

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Thailand

This hostel was perfectly adequate for our last couple of nights in Auckland. Not great for travellers wanting to meet people as it was quite large and the communal areas were not very atmospheric. Reception staff were helpful and informative enough. Location is a bit of an up hill walk out of town, not too far away but would probably stay a bit more central in future.

Arrived to find out we'd been upgraded at no extra cost. The hostel was pretty full which was the reason for this. Definitely helped my first impression of the place. It was clean, tidy and the beds were comfy. Kitchen was great and had a good selection of social areas. Would definitely stay there again.

Pros: location, staff, cleanliness, kitchen space is huge [never saw a so big kitchen in a hostel], lots of fridges to keep the food&bev, free time deals Bad points: absolutely NO security in the room [if you finish in a room with a wrong person it's over], only two plugs which were placed near a bed that was not mine so it was annoying to disturb a stranger in the darkness to charge the phone while he was spleeping. My room door lock was working badly, doors always slamming loudly everywhere

Really great place to stay! The free Wifi works, which is simply amazing... In most of the hostels in Auckland, the fact to get access to free Wifi doesn't mean that it works. The staff was also really friendly. AND everything was clean! Awesome!

Great friendly staff, nice and comfortable beds. The sun deck and TV room were very pleasant. Not the cleanest kitchen and there never was enough small pans or tea towels. I saw complaints about the heating in the rooms, this problem was definitely fixed, my bedroom was always nice and warm. The biggest problem was the way uphill to reach the hostel.

The hostel was really nice and clean, a little bit to quiet, I mean for socializing wasn't the best one anyway is very close to the city centre and he staff was friendly and helpful.The only things is that I stayed during the winter time and Auckland it's pretty cold, there's no heaters in the room, please put heaters in the rooms, seriously! Anyway apart from that I will recommend this hostel to others peoples Cheers

• 19th Aug 2015

Need to have bog brush in the toilets as couldn't clean my skid marks off the toilet bowl

had to ask 4 times for extra blankets on some of the coldest days in AKL history. maybe some weather checking and forethought would've prevented this poor customer service. No heaters in the rooms so everyone kept the doors open to the hallway to try and get some heat from the hall units.

Very nice hostel, the room was absolutely freezing though!

Visited Auckland for a couple of nights and enjoyed my stay here. Chilled out, quiet, and the wifi was handy. Would reccomend. Cheers

• 4th Jun 2015