YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

had to ask 4 times for extra blankets on some of the coldest days in AKL history. maybe some weather checking and forethought would've prevented this poor customer service. No heaters in the rooms so everyone kept the doors open to the hallway to try and get some heat from the hall units.

Very nice hostel, the room was absolutely freezing though!

Visited Auckland for a couple of nights and enjoyed my stay here. Chilled out, quiet, and the wifi was handy. Would reccomend. Cheers

• 4th Jun 2015

Was very clean, great kitchen very good wifi had no complaints really, only negative thing would be there was no atmosphere if your looking to meet people dont come here but as a cheap hotel type thing it's pretty good

YHA Auckland City is the best-ever hostel I have stayed so far. Although it is a hostel, everything there is deemed to meet the standards of a good hotel. I will recommend it to any of my friends who are going to Auckland.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

That is marvelous location and staff are always kind to us. But room was so bloody hot, noisy and so close to near steep hills that cause car noise,nasty cars' gas into our window. Of course we could not shut the window. otherwise room would be too hot and humid. We wished have a fan in the room. However staff are always helpful. By the way I lost my favourite skirt from the laundry line. Someone took it.

Really enjoyed staying here. It's very laid back with nice kitchen and living facilities. Really close to the city centre and not a far walk to the ferry port!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the YHA, good location for buses and restaurants.

• 27th Feb 2015