YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

I had a nice stay; the staff were helpful and approachable, the facilities such as the kitchen and the bathrooms were kept neat and clean. The only problem I found was in a six bedroom dorm there was only two plug sockets. Other than that, I'd definitely stay again. Not only that, but they gave me a free upgrade to a private room the last two nights of my stay, which I was very grateful for.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Kitchen very clean,very big and well equipped...location is pretty good and hostel is quiet and clean.staff is ok.

we weren't allowed to store our bags after checking out which was annoying

• 27th Jan 2014

Good organised YHA with a huge kitchen. There is a bit of a lack of the atmophere. The location is right next to queen street (shopping street in Auckland) and the bus to the airport arrives/depatures around the corner. Nice roof/sun terrace on the 3 floor. Good internet connection for a few kiwi dollars.

I thought the receptionists were very helpful and kind!

• 10th Jan 2014

Hostel is located on the outskirts of town and up a few intimidating hills! Not to be confused with other YHA around the corner! Within walking distance to bus station and major attractions such as Skytower etc.Room was small but comfortable and hostel seems quiet. Breakfast available for a few dollars. Kitchen is big and always clean. Nice staff.

Although not as central as other hostels, the YHA was great value for money and walking up the Queens Street hill gave us some exercise anyway. We had no problems with the staff, who were helpful when needed and greeted us each time we entered. The kitchen here is also huge and well stocked with the usual amenities. Not a place for some who enjoys late night socialising really though.

The doors are very hard to close and noisy. The door next door even sounded very noisy in the night. I could not sleep well.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • China

Clean rooms, plenty of kitchen space, Friendly helpful staff, just a general great atmosphere about the place. Would definitely recommend staying in a YHA

The staff were amazing very helpful and knowledgeable. Stayed here twice now