YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

YHA Auckland City is the best-ever hostel I have stayed so far. Although it is a hostel, everything there is deemed to meet the standards of a good hotel. I will recommend it to any of my friends who are going to Auckland.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

That is marvelous location and staff are always kind to us. But room was so bloody hot, noisy and so close to near steep hills that cause car noise,nasty cars' gas into our window. Of course we could not shut the window. otherwise room would be too hot and humid. We wished have a fan in the room. However staff are always helpful. By the way I lost my favourite skirt from the laundry line. Someone took it.

Really enjoyed staying here. It's very laid back with nice kitchen and living facilities. Really close to the city centre and not a far walk to the ferry port!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the YHA, good location for buses and restaurants.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Luggage storage not free of charge when checking out. Thump down! Hostel quiete old and could be cleaner (especially the bathrooms).

It's probably fine to stay here if you want to party, but not if you want to sleep. It is the noisiest hostel I have ever stayed in.

Bad hostel. Horrible rooms, not very clean, not enough toilets and showers. The showers are tiny. Not very good for females to get ready etc. No atmosphere at all. Not enough sockets in rooms, the rooms are very small and not very clean. I don't recommend at all.

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. It's in a perfect area, close to all kinds of shops, and isn't all too noisy, except for the occasional beeping of cars and loud people. Bed was comfortable, however pillows were not so I suggest bringing your own. The only problem we had was that there was mold by the head of the beds, so we just shifted the pillows to the other side. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay, and would love to come back next year :)