YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

The hostel was really nice and clean, a little bit to quiet, I mean for socializing wasn't the best one anyway is very close to the city centre and he staff was friendly and helpful.The only things is that I stayed during the winter time and Auckland it's pretty cold, there's no heaters in the room, please put heaters in the rooms, seriously! Anyway apart from that I will recommend this hostel to others peoples Cheers

• 19th Aug 2015

Need to have bog brush in the toilets as couldn't clean my skid marks off the toilet bowl

had to ask 4 times for extra blankets on some of the coldest days in AKL history. maybe some weather checking and forethought would've prevented this poor customer service. No heaters in the rooms so everyone kept the doors open to the hallway to try and get some heat from the hall units.

Very nice hostel, the room was absolutely freezing though!

Visited Auckland for a couple of nights and enjoyed my stay here. Chilled out, quiet, and the wifi was handy. Would reccomend. Cheers

• 4th Jun 2015

Was very clean, great kitchen very good wifi had no complaints really, only negative thing would be there was no atmosphere if your looking to meet people dont come here but as a cheap hotel type thing it's pretty good

YHA Auckland City is the best-ever hostel I have stayed so far. Although it is a hostel, everything there is deemed to meet the standards of a good hotel. I will recommend it to any of my friends who are going to Auckland.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

That is marvelous location and staff are always kind to us. But room was so bloody hot, noisy and so close to near steep hills that cause car noise,nasty cars' gas into our window. Of course we could not shut the window. otherwise room would be too hot and humid. We wished have a fan in the room. However staff are always helpful. By the way I lost my favourite skirt from the laundry line. Someone took it.

Really enjoyed staying here. It's very laid back with nice kitchen and living facilities. Really close to the city centre and not a far walk to the ferry port!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the YHA, good location for buses and restaurants.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Luggage storage not free of charge when checking out. Thump down! Hostel quiete old and could be cleaner (especially the bathrooms).

It's probably fine to stay here if you want to party, but not if you want to sleep. It is the noisiest hostel I have ever stayed in.

Bad hostel. Horrible rooms, not very clean, not enough toilets and showers. The showers are tiny. Not very good for females to get ready etc. No atmosphere at all. Not enough sockets in rooms, the rooms are very small and not very clean. I don't recommend at all.

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. It's in a perfect area, close to all kinds of shops, and isn't all too noisy, except for the occasional beeping of cars and loud people. Bed was comfortable, however pillows were not so I suggest bringing your own. The only problem we had was that there was mold by the head of the beds, so we just shifted the pillows to the other side. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay, and would love to come back next year :)

Great 2 bedroom dorm! No free wifi unless you are a YHA member, no computers to use or paid wifi service

There was a mix-up in the reservation, in spite of the fact that I had specified my arrival time online. After arriving at 5AM, after a long flight, the man at the front desk offered to store my luggage, but I would have to come back in 2 hours. Finally, after begging, he deigned to let me sleep in the TV room.

To make people well aware of their surroundings, people coming and going, to all hours of the night, but be thoughtful, and mindful of others who are sleeping.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

It smelled strange in the whole hostel and the bedsheets were dirty- annoying because you are not allowed to use your sleeping bag.

Good location, good facilities. rooms were a bit cold!! staff were helpful in finding us a room for an extra night.

Pretty clean hostel with a good central location, it is located on top of a steep hill tho that you need to carry your luggage up for, so beware of this! Wasnt fun dragging a 25 kilo suitcase up at 2am ;p no breakfast and no free wifi, wifi can only be used if purchasing an YHA membership for NZ , which didnt make sense for me since I was only in Nz for a few days, so didnt have any internet at all :( only 2 power plugs in each room (for 8 people to share?! ) . Facilities were alright.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7