YHA Auckland City

Fabulous 692 Total Reviews
Fabulous 692 Total Reviews

27th Mar 2017

Nowhere to park your car and street parking in Auckland will cost about $35 per day, which is unreasonable. The YHA up the street from this one has parking, but I was told I could not use it, or even pay for it. They really need to provide somewhere for their guests to park given the rip off parking costs in Auckland.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
27th Mar 2017

I was only there for a short stay overnight but the room was good from what I saw. I arrived late at night and it took awhile for someone to answer the door and they did not answer their phone until about the fourth time I called. Great location, nice and quiet.

• sjconnelly4837
  • England, Couple, 25-30
23rd Mar 2017

A clean big hostel with good facilities. Lacks in character or atmosphere, a bit more like a hotel really. Get a taxi to this place if you have your luggage, its not far out but its at the top of a really steep hill.

12th Mar 2017
7.4

Not a bad YHA. Nice beds and clean facilities. Atmosphere is a bit quiet for sure, so you may find it hard to meet other travellers. But otherwise you're right in the center of town with everything on your doorstep.

8th Mar 2017

The Auckland City YHA is really well-designed, efficient, clean and spacious. You could have done yoga between the bunk beds in my 4 person dorm, and it was lovely to have a toilet, shower and sink (separate areas) for just 4 girls. The windows opened. There was tons of lockable storage space (lockers big enough for your backpack). A shelf and plug built into your bed. Lovely. Quiet The kitchen was massive and well-equipped. Level of interaction was low, but met someone cool in the laundry room.

• England, Couple, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

Other than being up a steep hill this hostel was great. It had all the facilities we needed. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The kitchen is well equipped and big enough for busy meal times. The wifi was free and fast and worked all over the building. The snug/relax room was very clean and a nice place to chill out. We didn't have too much to do with the staff but what we did see they were friendly and helpful. I would recommend.

• Australia, Female, 41+
2nd Mar 2017

Great location.Close to the botanical gardens and museum. Nice modern and clean building and free parking on site, which is a real bonus right in the city.

2nd Mar 2017

Location is perfect, very clean, big lockers, big kitchen, atmosphere was just okay. Recommended!

8th Feb 2017

Recently renovated so everything was in great shape. Plenty of options for bathrooms and the kitchen was huge. Definitely would recommend if in Auckland

Thanks for your - we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Steve - Area manager

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6th Feb 2017
8.0

Overall a convenient place to stay. There were ample power points for guests to charge all their devices. The hostel is around a 10 to 15 minute walk from the heart of the Auckland CBD and is literally around the corner from a Sky Bus airport transfer bus stop (very handy). The only downside for me was that I wasn't allowed to access medical supplies because I sustained an injury just outside the hostel, not on the property; I was not aware of such a policy until I asked for disinfectant.

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to you hurting yourself, we will review our procedures. Steve - Area manager