YHA Auckland City Reviews

Cnr City Road & Liverpool st, 20, Auckland, New Zealand

Sehr sauberes, geräumiges, gut ausgestattetes (jedoch fehlende Kochutensilien wie Gewürze u.ä.) Hostel, jedoch fehlende Atmosphäre.

• 8th Nov 2014

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. It's in a perfect area, close to all kinds of shops, and isn't all too noisy, except for the occasional beeping of cars and loud people. Bed was comfortable, however pillows were not so I suggest bringing your own. The only problem we had was that there was mold by the head of the beds, so we just shifted the pillows to the other side. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay, and would love to come back next year :)

Great 2 bedroom dorm! No free wifi unless you are a YHA member, no computers to use or paid wifi service

There was a mix-up in the reservation, in spite of the fact that I had specified my arrival time online. After arriving at 5AM, after a long flight, the man at the front desk offered to store my luggage, but I would have to come back in 2 hours. Finally, after begging, he deigned to let me sleep in the TV room.

To make people well aware of their surroundings, people coming and going, to all hours of the night, but be thoughtful, and mindful of others who are sleeping.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Mauvaise isolation, il fait froid dans les chambres, accueil pas toujours chaleureux, auberge chère, débit internet insuffisant

• 1st Oct 2014

It smelled strange in the whole hostel and the bedsheets were dirty- annoying because you are not allowed to use your sleeping bag.

Good location, good facilities. rooms were a bit cold!! staff were helpful in finding us a room for an extra night.

Pretty clean hostel with a good central location, it is located on top of a steep hill tho that you need to carry your luggage up for, so beware of this! Wasnt fun dragging a 25 kilo suitcase up at 2am ;p no breakfast and no free wifi, wifi can only be used if purchasing an YHA membership for NZ , which didnt make sense for me since I was only in Nz for a few days, so didnt have any internet at all :( only 2 power plugs in each room (for 8 people to share?! ) . Facilities were alright.

The hostel was easy to find and the staff were friendly. The kitchen/dining area was really spacious compared to a lot of other places I've been. The towel rental price was only NZ$1 and it was a big towel. Also I like the the showers had a changing area to keep clothes dry. The only down sides were in the room. My bed felt like a waterbed. There was no support and it was hard to get out of. Also there was a heater on in the room but it was so cold. It was warmer in the hallway than in the room.

A very good hostel, the 217th I've stayed at (since 1959), but my first in NZ. Very helpful staff. Improvements could be effected in the following ways: (1) Eliminate the continuous "music" that drones on and on in the dining area (I sometimes took my meal up to the quiet room upstairs); (2) instal lockable lockers in rooms - as is usual in Australia.

* quite difficult to find as there is no obvious signage on Queen Street. * very disappointed that there was no free storage after checkout. I had one hour to kill between checkout and catching a bus and I was looking forward to wandering around town, and just wanted to put my suitcase in the storage room for an hour. the storage room is only for early check-in. there are payable lockers, but that didn't suit me. * i was upgraded to a nicer room and I was extremely grateful for that. :)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Sehr kalt in der nacht und laut, da die fenster nicht richtig schliessen. Keine schliessfächer in den zimmern, personal sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit.

Nice clean hostel close to bus stop for the airport. Friendly staff and very helpful.

No heating and the complete hostel was f***cold! Even though I got a second blanket, I needed to go to McD or Starbucks to get warm. Nevertheless quite good location (bus stop is near), its clean, has nice and helpful staff, free WiFi for members only ( which actually did not work either). Big kitchen, many showers. For summer ok, for winter No Go!

Cool place to stay, met a lot of chill people, and the staff was extremely helpful! I would recommend it.

Very cold in the whole hostel, no heaters. Had to wear my coat all the time, rooms are moist.

Happy with the nice quiet corner we had.. Would love to see the duvet inners washed more often.! Good stay thanks.

• 30th Jun 2014