YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

Was a great location and had average but free wifi. Only one power outlet in a room was impossible to get around and if you wanted to store your luggage, it was in a locked room quite a ways from the front desk, and they gave the key to anyone who asked. If you wanted to store your luggage after you checked out for that day you had to pay for a locker. Regardless of my complaints I would still stay here again, served it's purpose.

You Fan really change mattress... It's like you are sleeping on the floor.

Didn't stay in the end, however staff were polite and quick to respond to my email stating my change of plans. Was not charged for the 2nd nights stay I missed.

Very clean and quiet hostel. I had a nice stay. The kitchen is really big and well organized.

Staff were really helpful when planning our trip and deciding what to do!

• 29th Dec 2015

1. We enjoyed our stay very much! 2. The place was neat and clean. 3. The staff were friendly and helpful. 4. Suggestion: a bench, chair, or shelf in the community showers would be very helpful. 5. Suggestion: When staff aren't able to arrange desired tours, it would be good to advise folks they could try for they want at an i-site.

• 27th Dec 2015

It is a YHA , so you know what to expect , it has everything except character. If you like that type, it is perfect, if you are looking for something a bit more wild and special , go somewhere else .

pretty quiet location but near enough to CBD

Good hostel, nice beds, amazing kitchen so much space to cook. Very clean and very well located. Definitely recommend this hostel and would stay again :)

Clean, well maintained premises, and great bright windows. Staff positive, friendly. Would stay again.

Maybe host more activities to get everyone together?

Hope to have extension for plug, only 2 in 8 pax dorm doesn't see enough.

Good place. Clean and the location is ok.

It's so convenient to live here. Nice place to stay. I will choose YHA international again if I need to find a place to stay.

I just want to forget about this hostel and I do not recommend for stay in Auckland. When I arrived I was told that wi-fi doesn't work at the moment and staff is doing everything to fix it. Eventually it didn't work for full four days of my stay. Same with small locker in the room, which was broken even after I informed the staff about that so I couldn't lock my stuff. The weakest aspect was atmosphere but I guess that's the problem of all huge hostels as is this one with hundreds of people in.

The Wifi system had gone down across all our locations and the service provider worked to get it up an running as fast as possible, unfortunatley there was little we were able to do for our end. The free Wifi is now back up and working. I am sorry that we did not attend to the locker and I will follow this up with our maintenance team.

Overall quite expensive for what you get. Maybe due to the location which is incredibly central. Stuff was always anxious to help. The room wasn't clean at all. Roommates were friendly. Wouldn't recommend, because of the inflated price.

The hostel was great but the company was terrible. Staff didn't help either :(

• 23rd Oct 2015

Nice rooms, although a bit lacking in plugs, only one in the room I was in. Big clean kitchen, easy to use and very spacious. Wifi was free, worked great and extended into the rooms. A bit of trek down to the city centre, but lots of places food and drink places on the upper part of Queen's Street.

This Hostel is a very nice place to stay. The price is good and all roms are clean. I also got my membership card because its such a nice place.

• 14th Oct 2015

There is a lovely lounge area downstairs, but people tend not to use it, could approve the atmosphere if people got together more.