YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

our room was very noisy even with the window closed - i think there was an air conditioning vent outside - also i don't like high windows you can't see out of

Altogether a good place to stay for a couple of nights, it's clean

Cramped dorm rooms with not enough power sockets. Have to pay for luggage storage. But great location and free wifi!

Very good location and possibility for parking.

A really good hostel with excellent staff and facilities! Dorm rooms are really good, exceptionally clean and very comfortable! Already booked to stay here again!

The best hostel I have been in auckland

Facilities very poor for a hostel. I couldn't find a TV at all and no pool table or similar. All I could find was a small book exchange. Hostel quite large, and quite hard to meet new people as only really 1 main common area. I'm not sure if it was the time of year but the hostel seemed to be FULL of young German people.

I would definitely recommend this hostel, it's clean and comfortable and close to the city. My only negative is it's got no atmosphere what's so ever so if you are looking for a social hostel this isn't for you, I think it mainly student that stay here.

Stayed at a few different hostels in Auckland and was pleasently surprised by finally finding a nice clean hostel in the city! and no bunkbeds in dorm!

Ok hostel for a night or two. Rooms and some of the showers/toilets need some updating (carpet worn out, lockers broken,more power points). Nice kitchen area and very good, clean showers near the staircase. A bit out of the main centre, but it's just a easy 10 min walk or 50 cent bus ride away.

Great location in the city, easy walking to most everything! Great staff, very easy-going and helpful.

• 25th Feb 2015

Stayed here a few times. Good location. Decent room, but need air conditioning. The fan was nice... But still too hot.

Nice friendly place with helpfull staff, didnt spend much time there though

Very much enjoyed our stay here. Very clean hostel, very well organised and stocked kitchen and staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again and recommend

The walls between each room were so thin you could here a pin drop in the next room and expensive for what it is I would say.

Good hostel, kitchen was very well equipped and very clean and there was a nice big dining area. Felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Only downside is you only get free internet if youre a yha member.

Great hostel. Clean rooms, plenty of facilities. Close to main road. However if you're choosing this place for the parking, get ready to fight for a parking spot!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Great staff, reliably crappy wifi, bathrooms were always clean. The kitchen was always in disarray but I blame that on the users not the hostel itself. Rooms on the backside of the hostel were very stuffy due to small windows at the ceiling of the room. I would definitely stay again! Thanks to the two guys when I first checked in - they turned around my day with their hospitality and humor.

Generally good, though electrical tabs are very scarce

The bathrooms were always clean and the showers near the stairs looked brand new really. Great water pressure! I stayed in the 4 bed dorm which was a great amount of space. The people there were all friendly. Kitchen was large and had plenty of space for me every time I needed to use it. One down side - all the pans suck, but that's probably to be expected of most hostels.