YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

Not very good.

Nice place to stay, the only real disappointment was that there was no free wifi, unless YHA members.

Clearly it's a place where people live while working in Auckland, this adds sort of a strange element to the atmosphere of the place. It sucks that their wifi is only for members!

Smelly room, lack of power points but clean kitchen and nice with private bathrooms.

Nice central location, off street parking, quite clean and cheap. Large kitchen / lounge. Will stay there once i go back to Auckland!

The WIFI at this hostel is NOT FREE. There's always good food in the free bin.

We stayed at about half a dozen YHA hostels during our trip around New Zealand. They all had one thing in common: they just provided the bare minimum of what you'd expect from a hostel. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and it was a good place to stay, but there was no evidence of going above and beyond like we experienced staying at non-YHA hostels.

Had a great stay and would probably come back. There is a lack of toilet facilities, I was on floor two and there was just 1 toilet for the whole floor! And no wifi for none yha members!! Fortunately I had my own.

I've been at the Auckland YHA International hostel before and I chose it again. It's a very comfortable place to stay, just a few blocks away from downtown. Atmosphere is perfect for me, as there's quite some freedom for guests and still everything's under control. You need your key card to access the main facilities, which are kept clean and organised at all times. While there are some hostels that are good and more affordable, YHA looks a lot more tidy and cleaner than the average.

It seemed to have the feel of a place for long-termers on a working visa rather than backpackers, but the hostel had very clean showers and bathrooms, wifi seemed to work well in most places, there was a nice spacious kitchen and it within close walking distance of everything you need in Auckland so would definitely recommend this place.

Conveniently located at the top of Queen street, within walking distance of all the shops. The rooms were clean, tidy and spacious. The kitchen was a good size, as I've found is the case with all YHA hostels compared to most other hostels I have stayed in. The reception staff were friendly and very helpful.