YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

Our stay was pleasant, and the staff were friendly and helpful except the night staff was rather clueless. We had a good time, and the kitchen was excellent and well-equipped. However, the wifi was awful. The only way the wifi could have been worse was if it didn't exist.

Good location and friendly staff. Room only had 2 plug sockets for 8 people which wasn't great.

I would highly suggest dimming the lights in the corridors at night. One of my roommates went to the bathroom a few times and me lying on the top bunk of the bed where the door was opening towards got the full brunt of the lights in my eyes each time.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The clean team are amazing The front desk outstanding always smiling Only a couple uncomfortable thinks the matress are for little ones and difficult to have good sleep

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Had way better kitchens than BASE . The rooms and bathrooms were in decent condition. The usual issue of squeaky beds, but this is normal for all the hostels I've stayed at with metal framed beds/bunks. Free WiFi was awesome and had good connection in the room and commons area.

Except for my keycard demagnetizing every single day I was there, it was a pretty painless stay. Like most youth hostels, the accommodations are basic but clean and you'll generally have what you need as long as you're ready to play the happy camper. Never felt unsafe there. If only the toilets were cleaned more frequently, then it would've been perfect. I would stay there again, definitely.

Would definitely recommend this hostel - we stayed here twice! The location is great and the staff are very helpful. Also the kitchen and the bathrooms are so clean! The breakfast that they provide for a few dollars is good too.

Everything is good! Clean, tidy, good location, nice staff, cheap! ggod to meet friend there as well.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Poor wifi but its Free, very clean and big kitchen was great. Quite expensive compared to the other hostel(Base, you need to buy wifi $18 pw ) But still has a pretty good standard value.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed staying at YHA. People vary from all different age groups. The kitchen is spacious and the dorms are comfy. I had to move out because all dorms were booked out for the next days. Otherwise I would've stayed longer.

If your looking for a loud and party friendly hostel, this is not it. It's clean and it's quiet and it's great for a nice rest. I've only stayed in yha across new Zealand and you know what to expect in each of them, it's always pristine and the rooms are huge.

Really good hostel. Clean and good facilities. The kitchen is large and well-equipped. Also eating space is large and enough for people staying there. Laundry is good and there are big lockers. A bad thing is that when I extended one more night and stayed at another room the room was a little old and a window was a little broken and didn't close. Other than that, this hostel is really good and I would recommend to anyone.

our room was very noisy even with the window closed - i think there was an air conditioning vent outside - also i don't like high windows you can't see out of

Altogether a good place to stay for a couple of nights, it's clean

Cramped dorm rooms with not enough power sockets. Have to pay for luggage storage. But great location and free wifi!

Very good location and possibility for parking.

A really good hostel with excellent staff and facilities! Dorm rooms are really good, exceptionally clean and very comfortable! Already booked to stay here again!

The best hostel I have been in auckland

Facilities very poor for a hostel. I couldn't find a TV at all and no pool table or similar. All I could find was a small book exchange. Hostel quite large, and quite hard to meet new people as only really 1 main common area. I'm not sure if it was the time of year but the hostel seemed to be FULL of young German people.

I would definitely recommend this hostel, it's clean and comfortable and close to the city. My only negative is it's got no atmosphere what's so ever so if you are looking for a social hostel this isn't for you, I think it mainly student that stay here.