YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

I really enjoyed staying at this backpackers. It is situated on a quiet side street, but footsteps away from the heart of Auckland CBD. Comfy beds and friendly staff. Definitely my favorite backpackers in New Zealand, so far.

Great place, enjoyed my stay :)

A bit far from everything. Some of the staff was awesome, others seemed annoyed with their jobs. Wifi was pretty good. Showers had long waits mornings and early evenings. Biggest problem though was that key cards constantly stopped working...i was there for 5 nights and got my xard fixed over half a dozen times.

It is really a good hostel. I enjoyed staying there. Good location close to the famous and busy Queen street. It is very convenient to go anywhere you like. And the staff there are really nice and helpful. The big point is that they have a very large open kitchen. Then you can cook by yourselves. And when you cook, you can meet some friends there. It is a good atmospher to talk and chat with other people. I met some Germany girls in my dorm. I had a great time talking to them.

I've stayed in this hostel maybe 3 or 4 times now and have to say it's my favourite in Auckland. It's quiet, clean, close to all the attractions and isn't full of idiots wanting to drink all night long. Stay here if you're looking for a peaceful nights sleep and want a clean, pleasant place to stay.

1 2 Next » last »