YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

Spent two nights here apart from each other, hostel was in a pretty good location within walking distance to a lot of things. Bathrooms could use a good cleaning but the kitchen and lounge are big and nice. I'd sprained my foot my last day in NZ and they even have a tiny lift to take you up to your floor. Front desk staff was helpful. Very basic place to crash.

This hostel is always full, the WiFi doesn't work, the location is good, the staff are friendly but don't you EVER think about getting breakfast. I went to get breakfast and I put a piece of toast and cereal on my plate and I got attacked by the breakfast nazi who told me I had to pay $5.50 for the standard breakfast at most hostels!!! That is ridiculous!!!

The rooms are clean and big enough. The staff is always friendly and helps everytime you ask and the atmosphere in the common room is very good. Not in every room are lockers and the ones behind the reception are only usable for 12 hours.

• 3rd Sep 2015

The Hostel was a good quality one. I've paid more to stay in worse places, so that makes the quality of this site pretty high in my book.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Large hostel but lack of entertainment facility such as movie sets, tv, pool table etc.. hard to connect with people here

Bed wasn't clean

I had a nice stay. It is clean and very close to the city. The wifi didn't work so well in my room, but downstairs it was ok.

Our stay was pleasant, and the staff were friendly and helpful except the night staff was rather clueless. We had a good time, and the kitchen was excellent and well-equipped. However, the wifi was awful. The only way the wifi could have been worse was if it didn't exist.

Good location and friendly staff. Room only had 2 plug sockets for 8 people which wasn't great.

1 2 Next » last »