YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

I really enjoyed staying at this backpackers. It is situated on a quiet side street, but footsteps away from the heart of Auckland CBD. Comfy beds and friendly staff. Definitely my favorite backpackers in New Zealand, so far.

Great place, enjoyed my stay :)

A bit far from everything. Some of the staff was awesome, others seemed annoyed with their jobs. Wifi was pretty good. Showers had long waits mornings and early evenings. Biggest problem though was that key cards constantly stopped working...i was there for 5 nights and got my xard fixed over half a dozen times.

It is really a good hostel. I enjoyed staying there. Good location close to the famous and busy Queen street. It is very convenient to go anywhere you like. And the staff there are really nice and helpful. The big point is that they have a very large open kitchen. Then you can cook by yourselves. And when you cook, you can meet some friends there. It is a good atmospher to talk and chat with other people. I met some Germany girls in my dorm. I had a great time talking to them.

I've stayed in this hostel maybe 3 or 4 times now and have to say it's my favourite in Auckland. It's quiet, clean, close to all the attractions and isn't full of idiots wanting to drink all night long. Stay here if you're looking for a peaceful nights sleep and want a clean, pleasant place to stay.

Clean and gppd hostel...like every YHA absolutly worth it

Really nice. Not a party hostel, which suited us.

The hostel is in a very close location to Auckland city center with walking time in about 20 minutes but in a quieter area off away from the road. The rooms are very large, comfortable and quiet making sleeping much easier and the bathroom facilities are also very well maintained. The staff are very helpful when approached or responding to general questions and for booking different trips. The atmosphere in the hostel is very warm and friendly making it a perfect base for different travelers.

Would stay there any time. In fact I'm looking to go to Auckland again soon. I would choose this YHA & recommend it.

I loved it. Would definitely recommend it again.

Very Good hostel: clean,good location, big and well furnished kitchen, pretty spacious rooms.Staff was really helpful.definitely recommended.

YHA...pushing the boundaries of the meaning of 'youth' since time began.

Not enough park space.Just chose the hostel cause of free parking

Close and clean and really quiet which can be good or bad depending on if you want to sleep or socialize. As a lone traveler I found the lounge being downstairs to be mostly empty and the kitchen with the air of a library.

Bathrooms were a mess, room didn't really get cleaned during the week I was there and the malfunctional keycards are past annoying!

greart stay Clean and safe

Best hostel I stayed at in New Zealand

Staff were really helpful. A few minor problems with the booking but was sorted out easily and actually got an upgrade which was perfect! Close to the main street but still quiet.

This YHA is lovely, sunny 4 bed rooms on the second floor, the staff is really helpfull and nice, bathroom are ok, we meet a lot of cool people. Really enjoy our journey :)

• 12th Jan 2013

Good hostel as expected by YHA. Nice location just off Queen street in central Auckland. Decent facilities but quiet atmosphere.