YHA Auckland International Reviews

5 Turner Street, PO Box 68-149, Auckland, New Zealand

Great 4-bed room solutions with enough space for big backpacks. 2 power plugs per room are a bit too little in times where everyone needs to charge cameras, cellphones etc. Ok bathrooms, but too little ventilation in the big common ones. Great kitchen facilities, yet again bad ventilation (not possible to open windows at all). The hostel is located nicely close to the main street, though the next supermarket is approx. 15min walk away. Great & helpful staff!

The showers and toilets while centrally located were few. The room have a very worn look and it is probably time for some of the carpets to be replaced. A free coffee or tea in the kitchen (I did not find any) would have been welcomed. limited places to power up a laptop, most power outlets were used by residents charging phones. Hostel did suit our very short stay.

Big well equipped kitchen and common room nice showers

YAH is great! The best option in NZ!

It's a big hostel in Auckland, meaning you won't get the homie feeling but it's a totaly ok place to stay while in Auckland. As in most places I've been to not enough spaces to plug in chargers but otherwise the rooms are ok, staff is nice and wifi works good. Location is good just a short walk down to city centre.

A bit too big, and soulless, but functional.

20 minutes walk from the bus stop, up the hill. Near Te papa and a lot of stuff in the city. Clean and big kitchen. Just around the corner is a good internet cafe, I had a good job interview here, as the computer at YHA is a bit unstable.

I liked that there was no parties in the hostel and sleeping rooms are in separate floor than kitchen, living room and other hang out places - that means you can get some sleep if you want (some travel a long way to get to NZ). What I didn't like is the fact wifi is free for YHA members only (5$ for 24h others).

Staff was probably the most ignorant I have ever met in whole New Zealand. When I checked in I didn't got any info about hostel or Auckland. Also they seemed to be more interesting to chat eachother or facebooking. There are only few toilets per floor and usually they smelled like pee. It was also full of germans so not that good place to meet new friends if you are outside of Germany. Only good thing was big and clean kitchen.

I really enjoyed staying at this backpackers. It is situated on a quiet side street, but footsteps away from the heart of Auckland CBD. Comfy beds and friendly staff. Definitely my favorite backpackers in New Zealand, so far.

Great place, enjoyed my stay :)

A bit far from everything. Some of the staff was awesome, others seemed annoyed with their jobs. Wifi was pretty good. Showers had long waits mornings and early evenings. Biggest problem though was that key cards constantly stopped working...i was there for 5 nights and got my xard fixed over half a dozen times.

It is really a good hostel. I enjoyed staying there. Good location close to the famous and busy Queen street. It is very convenient to go anywhere you like. And the staff there are really nice and helpful. The big point is that they have a very large open kitchen. Then you can cook by yourselves. And when you cook, you can meet some friends there. It is a good atmospher to talk and chat with other people. I met some Germany girls in my dorm. I had a great time talking to them.

I've stayed in this hostel maybe 3 or 4 times now and have to say it's my favourite in Auckland. It's quiet, clean, close to all the attractions and isn't full of idiots wanting to drink all night long. Stay here if you're looking for a peaceful nights sleep and want a clean, pleasant place to stay.

Clean and gppd hostel...like every YHA absolutly worth it

Really nice. Not a party hostel, which suited us.

The hostel is in a very close location to Auckland city center with walking time in about 20 minutes but in a quieter area off away from the road. The rooms are very large, comfortable and quiet making sleeping much easier and the bathroom facilities are also very well maintained. The staff are very helpful when approached or responding to general questions and for booking different trips. The atmosphere in the hostel is very warm and friendly making it a perfect base for different travelers.

Would stay there any time. In fact I'm looking to go to Auckland again soon. I would choose this YHA & recommend it.

I loved it. Would definitely recommend it again.

Very Good hostel: clean,good location, big and well furnished kitchen, pretty spacious rooms.Staff was really helpful.definitely recommended.