YHA Auckland International

Fabulous 876 Total Reviews

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
15th Feb 2017
8.0

They let you use facilities before check-in and after check-out, which is great. Only exception is luggage storage after check-out, which doesn't really make sense imo. Staff is friendly, hostel is big, clean, but not very sociable somehow.

Thanks for your feedback. With regards to luggage storage, we have to balance the need to store bags for customers arriving at the hostel before their room is ready at 2pm, with the very few people wanting to store bags when they check out, for this we have pay lockers available. Steve - Area Manager

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

Really good location. Friendly staff. Pretty clean. No complaints.

Thanks I will pass on your kind feedback to our staff. Steve - Area Manager

• USA, Male, 31-40
1st Feb 2017

I had been staying at hotels for most of my trip but this was my last night in Auckland and I only had a few hours I'd be spending in the hotel before my flight so it made sense to go back to hostel life for a night. The staff was very helpful and seemed to go the extra mile to accommodate for me even though I was only staying for a night. The location was great, price was great and facilities were what I would expect from an above average hostel. I'd stay here again!

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am please you enjoyed your stay and I will let the staff know. Steve - Area Manager.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017
6.9

Yha was in a great place and if your looking for just a place to spent the night it's perfect with good bathrooms and a great kitchen. The wifi is awful and I found the staff a bit rude and not very helpful. There also isn't a very social hostel so if your looking for a fun hostel don't stay here.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback I will speak tot he staff about their customer service. With the Free Wifi this is unlimited unfortunately if some customers are streaming or downloading large amounts of data this does effect the service to other users as there is not much we can do to manage this. Steve - Area Manager

• England, Female, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

I stayed at YHA for a couple of weeks in a female 4 bed dorm. I've been working in Auckland and it was a good place to get some rest and not be woken up too much with it only being a small dorm. There is big secure lockers in each room. The kitchen was fully equipped, there was an ironing board and iron to iron my work clothes and washing machine etc. The staff were always helpful. The only thing it was lacking was the atmosphere which I find is commen with bigger hostels.

Thanks for your great feedback following your stay with us. Steve

16th Jan 2017
7.1

I stayed at this hostel for 5 nights. There was always a line for the bathrooms, but the hostel was good at keeping everything clean. My main issue with the hostel was their checkout. They don't ask customers to remove bedsheets, so I questioned how they knew which sheets to change. They said they look for the messy beds. I was in a 4 person room and 3 checked out before me. When I returned that night, all the beds had new sheets, which makes me question if they changed mine after I checked out.

Thanks for your feedback, with the bedding we do request this be removed at check out, this information is on the room information signs in each room and baskets for linen are on each floor. Our housekeeping team are also give a full checkout list for each rooms each day for servicing all rooms. Thanks again Steve.

• mrusso95
  • USA, Female, 18-24
4th Jan 2017
8.0

I was only there for a day so don't take my words as gospel. The location is great, it's near a lot of good places, a park, a comedy bar around the corner, and this great little breakfast nook a hop and skip away. The staff was kind enough, again didn't stay long enough to really know them but they are very helpful if you but ask for assistance. Bathrooms could be cleaner but the bedrooms are fine. Bring a pillow if you can, the ones provided in the dormers are painfully flat.

Thanks for your kind feedback.

1st Jan 2017
6.9

YHA was okay. It's a better option than some of the younger, party hostels in the heart of Auckland. It's not far from the city center, just a short walk down Queen Street. However, the room I stayed in was really hot at night. People staying there weren't very friendly or open to meeting new people. The shower room had little air circulation, and some of the staff weren't very experienced and gave me incorrect information about a tour I tried to book. Not a bad option but it could be better.

Thanks for your feedback, we will talk to the staff about being sure of the information they give. This year we have put fans in all rooms to help with the summer heat at night. Steve

• Poland, Female, 31-40
28th Dec 2016

Very nice hostel, well located, clean and with friendky staff. I'd reccomend!

Cheers for your great comments we will let the staff know. Steve

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Dec 2016

Awesome value for money! Clean, well equipped, well organised, large common area, large kitchen, good location, good pricing. Nothing to complain, thanks for the nice stay!

Thanks we really appreciate your great feedback about YHA Auckland International. Steve - Area Manager.