YHA Auckland International

Fabulous 914 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 914 Total Reviews

7th Apr 2017

It is a good hostel, but quite big and not so homey. A lot of small tables and the common area is in the cellar. If you just need a place to sleep i would recommend it! Great locker, wifi good! No storrage room after check-out!

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

Hostel was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Kitchen was large and well equipped. Location was good, close to shops and restaurants.

7th Mar 2017
6.9

Hostel was good but vibe wasn't there, great staff though!!

18th Feb 2017

This hostel was overall pretty great, definitely got the job done. It was nice that you needed to use your room key to get into the building, I felt very secure. The room was one of the biggest hostels rooms i have stayed in, always nice when you are sharing a room with a stranger.

15th Feb 2017
8.0

They let you use facilities before check-in and after check-out, which is great. Only exception is luggage storage after check-out, which doesn't really make sense imo. Staff is friendly, hostel is big, clean, but not very sociable somehow.

Thanks for your feedback. With regards to luggage storage, we have to balance the need to store bags for customers arriving at the hostel before their room is ready at 2pm, with the very few people wanting to store bags when they check out, for this we have pay lockers available. Steve - Area Manager

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

Really good location. Friendly staff. Pretty clean. No complaints.

Thanks I will pass on your kind feedback to our staff. Steve - Area Manager

• USA, Male, 31-40
1st Feb 2017

I had been staying at hotels for most of my trip but this was my last night in Auckland and I only had a few hours I'd be spending in the hotel before my flight so it made sense to go back to hostel life for a night. The staff was very helpful and seemed to go the extra mile to accommodate for me even though I was only staying for a night. The location was great, price was great and facilities were what I would expect from an above average hostel. I'd stay here again!

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am please you enjoyed your stay and I will let the staff know. Steve - Area Manager.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017
6.9

Yha was in a great place and if your looking for just a place to spent the night it's perfect with good bathrooms and a great kitchen. The wifi is awful and I found the staff a bit rude and not very helpful. There also isn't a very social hostel so if your looking for a fun hostel don't stay here.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback I will speak tot he staff about their customer service. With the Free Wifi this is unlimited unfortunately if some customers are streaming or downloading large amounts of data this does effect the service to other users as there is not much we can do to manage this. Steve - Area Manager

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
24th Jan 2017
8.0

A typical YHA hostel, pretty good as usual.

• England, Female, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

I stayed at YHA for a couple of weeks in a female 4 bed dorm. I've been working in Auckland and it was a good place to get some rest and not be woken up too much with it only being a small dorm. There is big secure lockers in each room. The kitchen was fully equipped, there was an ironing board and iron to iron my work clothes and washing machine etc. The staff were always helpful. The only thing it was lacking was the atmosphere which I find is commen with bigger hostels.

Thanks for your great feedback following your stay with us. Steve