YHA Bangkok Downtown Reviews

Next to Skytrain Station "Chong Nonsi: Exit 4", Near Silom7, Bangkok, Thailand

Air conditioner barely worked,our room was 32 degrees.Toilet door lock did not work and door kept opening.No tap handle on basin,almost impossible to use with wet hands.Dissapointing as we have stayed here many times before. Really like the staff there.

Great staff!!! they are very kind.

I was very happy with my air/conditioned room and Miow and her husband were very friendly and helpful Frank byrne

• 31st Jan 2014

Tiny little double bed with paper thin walls and shared windows with next bedroom making it impossible to have a dark room. Staff are lovely and location is great close to markets, train station and walking distance to siam square.

room was hot and stuffy because of 2 rooms sharing one air conditioner, through a poorly designed box that intersected through a hole in the wall between the 2 rooms. On my first night there I killed 5 large cockroaches and easily 20 mosquitoes. The floors were dirty and the bathrooms poorly designed. For example, I was taking a shower and the upstairs shower had a pipe that emptied into my drain around my feet. Disgusting. Staff were very friendly, which makes it sad that the hostel was so bad.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

Liked it here for the price and location but squeakiest bink beds in history.

Nice clean hostel in the centre of Bangkok. Wi-Fi isn't strong in the rooms but is ok in the hallway (at least on the ground floor).

The location is the best, where you can walk to Si Lom street and sky train stations.

The stay was okay and I made friends with my roomies from Ireland. :) The staff were very helpful however, when it was about time to check out, the lady knocked on the door and when she saw me, she sort of screamed and said "Check out now", which surprised me as if I am someone that is being thrown out of the hostel immediately. I know I stayed only for a night however, I deserve to be at least treated like the others, unless the way they treat people is the way the lady showed me.

The best thing about this hostel is its location near the skytrain station and also the lovely woman at reception. This hostel lacks atmosphere with a tiny square for a 'common room', not a great place to meet people and bathrooms were not that pleasant.

Very small beds and the worse common room I've ever seen. But a very good location to get around, sky train station about 100 meters down the rd. Helpful staff, not upto YHA standards! Late check in 14:00 a real pain too!

My room is on the 4th floor, i'm travelling with my mom and my aunt, age more than 50 and yes, they have no lift! Too bad. Wifi works pretty good in my room, and i really like the location, just 2 mins walking to chong nonsi station. The staff, Mr. Otto was very nice. But the corridor a lil bit dark and creepy, especially near the bathroom.

Very kind and friendly staff. They have me a lot of good information on how to navigate the publis transportation system and trains. I would recommend to a friend!

• 12th Nov 2013

place loc ok beds small, BEWARE of the bus trip to Cambodia as was charged 1300 bhats but the scam just begins,as at the border they ask for 2 photos for visa NOT requried and charge you 300 bhats on top of an extra1300 bhats then they ask for 400 bhats more for bus to Siem Reap, its a joke,it appears to be a syndicate opperating here & starts at YHA Bangkok best get your own visa,s at Cambodian cosular at Bangcock if possible,would have worked out as cheap for me t5o fly there, Terry M. Aust.