YHA Bath Reviews

Bathwick Hill, Somerset, BA2 6JZ, Bath, England

Hostel is in a beautiful property with mosaic floors yet is a somewhat bland hostel experience. Appears to be more geared towards school groups than a fun hostelling experience. Was also quite expensive considering other hostels i've stayed at. Lacking a comfortable central lounge / communal area.

We were located in a different room respect to the one booked, not cool! It smells bad

I liked the YHA Bath. However, I reserved an individual room and instead received a dorm room with 4 beds. That is not the same as an individual room. Also, the wi-fi is not accessible in most parts of the building except the dining area. Wi-fi accessibility should be improved.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • India

Nice and clean but you need a large padlock to fit on the lockers. Small travel ones don't work you need a heavy duty one otherwise you cannot lock your belongings away.

The staff are really helpful and nice. Facilities are good but the location is a little bit far away from the city centre. It is better to take bus from the city centre to the hostel.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

Lovely guy at the reception on Sat 12th Sept, sorry I can't remember you name! Really nice welcoming, helpful staff. Beautiful building, clean and impressively big:) I loved my stay and will definitely be back.Thank you!

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Put a poor rating for value for money as we had to pay for two guests who were unable to come even though I had given more than three months notice. Thought this was unfair.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Small, weak showers

Excellent stay. Slightly alarmed when we went back to our 4 bed room having been told we would be in a female dorm and that the hostel had a policy of no mixed dorms , to find two men asleep on top of our bunks. we were two females. It wasn't a problem but would have been nice to have been prepared as we weren't expecting this at all. Glad I hadn't been travelling on my own as would not have felt very comfortable.

The main building is ok but the second one where we had our room was very dark, cold and wet No family room

• 31st Jul 2015