YHA Bath Reviews

Bathwick Hill, Somerset, BA2 6JZ, Bath, England

Nice staff, nice facilities, quiet place, attractive building but...finding this place is quite difficult and walking with all your bags is very hard. You should recommend how to take the bus there. Take a bus heading to the university, but still when you are going for the first time it is difficult to know when to get off. Also the internet is not free. You must pay five pounds for a day or seven pounds for two.

Great location if you're looking for something a bit secluded and off the beaten path. It's a bit of a hike to reach it if you're not travelling by car, but well worth it once you arrive. It's in a very nice area of Bath on top of a hill overlooking the city. I thoroughly enjoyed the scenic walks into town everyday along the canal. The hostel itself was more characteristic than most and very well kept and clean. No complaints! Would recommend.

Only issue was shower was like a slow running tap.

• 1st May 2014
  • New Zealand

Beautiful building, but a bit of a trek from town (there is a bus stop very close by which is great), staff were really friendly but our bathroom was a bit smelly.

I really enjoyed my stay in YHA Bath! The masionette is beautiful, with high ceilings and lots of space, it is clean, beds really comfortable, staff pleasant. i read some of the comments on the hostelworld and i want to repeat that the hostel is above avarage, not a hotel people, pay more if you want to be pampered and moan like spoilt children. it is a bit outside the center so not for you if central location is important. as far as i am concerned, 'll be returning to this lovely place!!

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Serbia

Staff were very friendly and made my stay as comfortable as possible. I wasn't sure what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise.

• 30th Dec 2013

The hostel is beautiful and has plenty of facilities. However, it was quitefar from the center of Bath, so you have to take a bus. All in all, it is a pleasent place to stay.

Our room was freezing! I'm assuming the radiators come on at night, but sadly ours didn't seem to - I felt like I was in a tent it was so cold!!

• 23rd Nov 2013

The WI-FI is only for members of the YHA of have the hostel ID or something. The Entrance of the hostel is very creepy and dark, with no lights and little signs to guide you. The room had a very good size, we were able to spread our stuff with no problem (we were 4 in a private room). The shower area was kind of bad because it had no division in the shower area, so all the floor got wet, but the shower itself was good. The refrigerator was very small but the dinning are was very nice.

The hostel is a bit out the way. I booked because I had a car but other wise it is too far from the town centre. There was a problem with my booking and I was put in the ´Lodge´ out the back. It smells really badly of dampness. When I complained and asked to be moved the staff were not that interested in my complaint and didnt do much to help. If you do have to stay here make sure you are in the main building as I heard it was nicer or at least it smelt better!!!

Good for what it is....a bed for the night. Didnt have on site parking which wasnt ideal but apart fron that it was clean and good enough for the price

• 2nd Oct 2013

this place is legenderry. when i was there, there was a small group of old peoples with good manner. That means this place is unique and superv cosy of course. Also all facility is spacy, full equipted also with superv Wifi for younger fellows even in the room!

Good youth hostel. Waiting time at the reception was sometimes very long. Good breakfast but very early. Easy to go by bus to city center.

Very nice hostel! There's only one problem: in the rooms close to the forest there is a little bit of moisture.

Old house with lot of charm. Garden is beautiful. Self catering kitchen is in bad condition- lights above oven not working, floor is very sticky, kitchenware so dirty that you will wash up before using it. Room was nice, ensuit bathroom unexectable. Looked like a plastic container! Location is very nice, you walk aroun 15 min downhill to the city - there is a busstop directly infront of the hostel for the way home.

• 8th Aug 2013

The toilets were not clean at all but the beds were very good and the building was lovely. We found it very hard to find. There should be a clearer sign outside.

• 5th Aug 2013

Room 24 has a disgusting smell and the room in general isn't nice since (no windows).

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Saint Helena
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff not very friendly compared to other YHA I have stayed in. No discount given for my YHA membership because I booked through Hostel World. As a Life Member I was not impressed by that or being told I should have booked through YHA site. In my experience the customer is always right and it is poor PR to deny the discount, which incidentally was not done the next night in Bristol.

It takes a long time to walk back up the hill to the hostel from the town of bath. Car parking is on the side of the road.

Nice quiet place to stay, twenty minute walk from the centre. The bottom bunkbeds in the 4 bed dorm had no matress which was a bit odd so we had to lie on the mattress very close to the floor. Our breakfast cereal disappeared so they gave us a free bowl which was nice. Breakfast is £7 extra not included in accomodation but quite tasty. Nice place to stay if you dont mind a bit of a walk outside town or taxi costs £6.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7