8.1
Fabulous 432 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 432 Total Reviews
YHA Bath Located at Bathwick Hill, Somerset, BA2 6JZ, Bath.
England
Bath Bathwick Hill, Somerset, BA2 6JZ
81% 432
51.3785578 -2.3396158
    Rooms available

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Aug 2016

Great place to stay, not too far out of town- would definitely stay at this hostel again! The kitchen was really clean which was great as I used it everyday so it was nice to know I wasn't cooking in dirty conditions, the rooms were really comfortable- would suggest bring a pillow though if you like to sleep on two as they only provide one! Overall it was a lovely place to stay and I was really happy with it

• USA, Male, 41+
3rd Aug 2016

Other than the fact it was a bit difficult to find at first, the facility is outstanding. George is a great person to have in your employment...the most helpful and most friendly. I would like to stay again some day. Thanks.

Many thanks for your comments. We are sorry you found us hard to find - we always advise guests to look out for the large green YHA triangle at the start of our driveway!

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

The hill was a bit of a climb definitely use the bus or a taxi from the city center. It'll only cost around £7 to grab one. Very clean, quiet with good hot showers. I really enjoyed my stay.

Many thanks for your review. We recommend the U1 or U18 bus which leaves regularly from the Abbey or opposite the bus station!

• India, Male, 31-40
1st Jul 2016

It is a bit difficult to find the place. Look for YHA bus stop. The path to the hostel will be on the opposite side. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They helped us even at late night hours. Location is very nice. It is better to have a vehicle if you want to dine out. Overall, a good place to stay.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
30th Jun 2016
5.4

Tell people to get a bus from the train station so that they do not have to lug their luggage up Bathwick Hill. There is a convenient bus stop: tell people about it!!

Many thanks for your review. Thank you for making us aware that public transport information is not included on our Information page. I will amend that as soon as possible. The bus U1 or U18 leaves from opposite the bus station (outside Sainsburys) every 15 mins or so, and stops outside the hostel driveway.

• Australia, Male, 41+
29th May 2016

Bath YHA was a pleasant hostel, and quite close to the centre of town. Our room was clean and all facilities works as expected.

Many thanks for your review. We are please you enjoyed your stay with us.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th May 2016

This was the first time I'd ever stayed in a hostel and YHA exceeded all expectations I had! Most important to me was cleanliness, which was done very well. Only complaint I'd have is with water pressure, I'd recommend dry shampoo over trying to wash your hair in the shower. All in all a great experience!

• Australia, Female, 41+
13th May 2016
7.7

There is not enough kitchen and dining space for the amount of guests using the facilities at the same time. My room was in a detached hut next to a security door which rattled each time a code number was punched in.. There must have been a group travelling together sharing this hut because the door was rattling and banging almost constantly until late at night. These people were in a and out of the door like a fiddlers elbow.

• nataliajara
  • Chile, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016
6.6

The location and gardens were gorgeous but the facilities were very outdated. The shower was terrible, almost no water pressure so it was very hard to shower. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for your review. We'll look into the issue of the shower pressure, as this is not a complaint we've had recently.

25th Mar 2016
7.7

Pretty good hostel, was happy to see lockers available in the rooms. Not a huge fan of old fashion key style locks and code locks on the doors, it can be loud and a hassle for people coming and going late at night. I was in a 4 bed female-only dorm which was great, but the noise from the hall and neighboring rooms was very loud every evening until quite late. Glad I had read plugs or I probably wouldn't have slept. Good breakfast and friendly staff!