YHA Bath

• England, Male, 18-24
5th May 2017
5.7

Not worth the money

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're very sorry to hear that the hostel didn't meet your expectations. We noticed however, that you gave us good scores for staff and cleanliness. if there are any problems you had with the hostel that you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact us at any time.

30th Apr 2017

Lovely place, although quite a high price for a dorm bed. Other family members stayed in a private and it was probably more expensive than a hotel room and was very cramped. Otherwise the house is lovely, facilities are nice and the place is clean and bright. It's a bit of a hike from the city centre but easy to get to via bus.

17th Apr 2017

Lovely building in a wonderful town. It's a bit of a walk from the city center but if you cut through the field it's a scenic walk. Everyone was friendly. I'd definitely stay again.

Thanks for the kind review. Lots of people prefer to catch the bus to and from town to avoid the hill - but now that the weather is brightening up we encourage our guests to walk across the field. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

31st Mar 2017
2.9

If you are a woman, 25-35 traveling alone on a budget DO NOT stay here. Getting into town is a long walk, and it's incredibly dark at night. The dorms were incredibly noisy. Wifi was spotty and only available in 1 room where students were being given class. Mostly families or students, not a great demographic to meet people 23-35 yrs old. Very strict on the cancellation policy and they up-charge for EVERYTHING. There are no activities or bar nearby to promote a social atmosphere. No parking.

• China, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2017

All the public area downstairs is wonderful, but I couldn't connect to wifi upstairs at all. Also there is no plugs to charge my electronic devices in the upper berth.

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed our communal areas. Wifi isn't available in the rooms, but is available in our lovely lounge and dining room.

30th Mar 2017

This is a fabulous facility and I would highly recommend it again when I do come back to Bath . It's a 5 mins bus ride into town or a lovely 20 min walk into town. I quite like that all to see if centrally located . Bath is a wonderful city and this hostel is beautiful as well

Thanks for such a kind review. We hope you'll return to the hostel again soon!

28th Mar 2017

This hostel is absolutely GORGEOUS. The building was absolutely stunning with lots of space and great facilities-probably the cleanest I've ever seen. It's a beautiful walk to the city centre but uphill on the way back. It's a bit annoying wifi only works in the living room, not the kitchen or bedrooms. Only big complaint was they allowed a big group of preteens to stay and they were very obnoxious in common areas all night-not what a hostel is for. Would still highly recommend!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you enjoyed our hostel! We're sorry to hear that your stay was somewhat damped by our other guests. Here at YHA we are proud to accept guests of all ages, particularly young people as we are a charity for children.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Mar 2017

I was a bit confused about my booking, as I booked a three person private room and paid £100 for it but when I got to the property I was told there are no three-person rooms so we were in a room with two bunk beds (i.e. Four singles), like a small dorm room. Wasn't exactly what we wanted, and I wouldn't have paid so much if I'd known. Otherwise it was good, it's just a bit of a walk into town but if you go through the park there is a path that runs parallel to the road and is very pretty.

• stewartgrace
8th Mar 2017
6.9

On our way to the hostel we got lost. On our way back to the hostel we also got lost. So the lesson is, it's quite far from town, and the directions could've have been clearer. In the directions, it said to ask the bus driver to let us off at "The Hostel", no one knew what we were talking about. It would've have been nice to know that the actual bus stop is called "The Hostel". The wifi was spotty, even in the hotspot room. Most of the guest were older folks, hard to make friends. A+ staff

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Feb 2017

This hostel was great! Much better than some I have stayed at. The old building really made you feel like you were staying somewhere with history and was quite inviting, so long as you keep an open mind. The staff was incredibly friendly, even though they were going through some changes and renewing some things, such as as paint, at the time. One thing I wish had been renewed were the beds. My back hurt every day I stayed in Bath; the only real complaint I had during my stay.

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and we've taken your comments about the beds on board. We are currently sprucing up the hostel a bit with a lick of paint!