YHA Bristol Reviews

14 Narrow Quay, Somerset, BS1 4QA, Bristol, England

Terrible elevator that is super slow and goes beep! Beep! All night. Doesn't feel honey, feels very corporate. But very clean and sanitary(ium) feeling.

Me and my son, we felt very well in the hostel, the staff was very kind, the room was comfy, even if it was on the top (5th) floor. The breakfast was lovely as well. What we missed, that was only small thing, for. ex. we forget to turn on the heater in the room, but fortunetly it was not so cold that night. If there would be towels in the room, that would be an extra joy :)

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

Great hostel with several comfy, cosy common areas. Great staff! WiFi works in all common areas, but not rooms.Lift was not working during my visit, which was a real pain. However, overall this is a really great hostel with a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable seating for relaxing, helpful staff and a good location.

Clean. Tidy. Bar is handy downstairs. Would definitely stay again.

Good hostel stuff were great! Nice little bar area. Would definitely go back

The facilities were great and very clean. The card system made me feel very secure. The only negative was my check in. I had not stayed in a YHA hostel before and didn't know I needed ID which due to it being a short stay I didnt have. I was nearly turned away at thethe door before thethey accepted my railcard.

• 15th Dec 2015

I booked a bed in male dorm- got a bed in a mixed dorm The price used to include breakfast, now it does not! The breakfast itself has declined i quality from the last time i was at YHA bristol. What happened to the old lockers? those basket under the bed things are a right pain in the arse A heads up on the construction would have been very welcome hey, no cafe, no mezzanine- those were main factors for me choosing YHA bristol

• 18th Nov 2015

Good place to put your head down. Staff helpful .

• 9th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've ever been - very nice location, everything clean, nice, cosy and very helpful staff. Keep up the good work guys!

The hostel was very nice, the room was clean and with everything needed (we stayed in a private room with ensuite bathroom). The breakfast wasn't included but was enough for the amount paid (around 5£). We only stayed 1 night but I wouldn't mind to stay longer! :)

The location of this hostel is great, having easy access to most sights in Bristol. However the facility is not that satisfactory, since my room doesn't have any wi-fi signal. The heating was supposed to be working but it was not. Staff there are friendly, but some of them are careless. Breakfast there was great. Hope this place can improve much better.

Solid hostel with a great location and fair price

good hostel but not the high standard of others yhas.

Very central, staff helpful. I didn't spend much time there, left early and arrived back late.

Good hostel. Clean. Basic facilities. Having to get the stairs to the 5th floor because the elevator only goes to the 4th floor was a bit of a stitch up. Also wifi can only be acccessed on the ground floor and not in rooms. And wifi is also monitored and blocks certain websites and apps, including tinder! Not helpful when traveling alone and wanting to meet locals. Other than that my stay was pretty good.

The lift was off and our room was at the sixth floor so it was very difficult climbing the six floors with our big bags.

Nice hostel in the most convenient location possible. I have traveled a lot in YHA and I can tell this one doesn't meet the standards. 1) I had booked three nights in a 4bed dorm with private bathroom. After two nights, they moved me to a 6bed room WITOUT private bathroom. 2) there was no Wifi at all!!! 3) the lift was not working 4) there were only two plug sockets in the room... Sometimes under the bed which means you have to crawl under to access them! I am highly disappointed.

• 16th Sep 2015

Not bad for the price. the window in our room was broken and would not close properly and and there were only 3 plug sockets to 4 beds but other than that the bedding was clean and the beds were comfy. I was alarmed to be told by one of my party that she went out of the room to use the toilet in the night and when she could not find the room again the night porter attempted to usher her out of the hostel into a city she didn't know in the middle of the night.

Front desk doesn't have it together. Reservations that should have been combined but weren't, card readers without paper resulting in no receipt, etc. And the lift still doesn't work making a 5th floor room a walk up seven flights of stairs.

For 30 pounds they should include a breakfast.