YHA Bristol

Fabulous 1184 Total Reviews

• Spain, Female, 31-40
6th Aug 2017
5.4

Very expensive for what is it. The room was tiny. Not private bathroom. Women toilets didn't have toilet paper. The hotel didn't offer free towels neither wifi. I don't recommend this hotel.

6th Aug 2017

Rooms clean, showers clean, great location. The only thing that I would say to improve is identifying the front entrance as the hostel. It's in a cofee shop and there was nothing on the entrance that identified it as being the hostel...luckily I went in there to ask where the hostel was located and the guy at the counter said I could check in right there.

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2017

Really impressed with the quality of everything in this hostel. All facilities looked brand new and I had a shower and toilet shared in a four bed dorm which were very clean. Main thing that would make me come back though is the location - couldn't be better! So central and right next to one of the most beautiful parts of Bristol which is the marina. Only thing that wasn't 100% is the atmosphere as it doesn't really feel like the sort of place where you could meet other travellers.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
24th Jul 2017
7.1

Great location right by the harbour and security was good but excessive - had to scan my card so often just to move around the building it was a bit of a pain. Not much atmosphere but that's fairly standard for YHA I reckon. Staff were helpful and friendly - I had a problem in my room and they moved me ASAP. What really irritated me was the white noise sound coming from the reading lamp on each bunk. At first I thought it was just a faulty one but when I moved beds the next was the same.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it's much appreciated.

• England, Female, 31-40
24th Jul 2017

Could not be better! Great place.

Thanks for rating us 10/10! We're pleased you had a wonderful visit and hope to see you again.

• Australia, Female, 41+
18th Jul 2017

Wonderful hostel. I followed the advice on the website and took the ferry from the station which was a lovely introduction to Bristol and takes you to within 2-3 mins of the hostel. Just remember your ear plugs and eye mask. It's an old building and the floor boards are VERY squeaky and there are no window coverings so you wake early. I had a single room on the 5th floor and the lift only goes to the 4th. Luggage storage is free but you require your own padlock. It is run professionally.

Thanks for leaving us feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your visit. We really appreciate your 10/10 rating! Just so you know in case you visit again there are blinds in the single rooms... they are concealed but they are definitely in there. We hope to see you again.

• CatarinaGumy
  • Portugal, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2017
5.7

The room was very hot, there were no windows. There was no ceiling either (it was glass), so we had sun at our faces at 4am. Mattress was unconfotable. Staff was rude and unwilling to help. There were no towels available to rent even though the hostel was not full. We really did not enjoy our stay, I don't recomend this hostel to anyone.

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit. If you'd like to discuss your comments further please email bristolmanager@yha.org.uk

16th Jul 2017

A great place to crash in Bristol. The walls are a little thin, but I like the decor. It feels like I was staying in a ship, especially since the hostel is right next to the harbor.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay!

13th Jul 2017

The location is great, and the atmosphere and public areas are also very nice. We met an impeccable staff who marked out all the nice spots for live music & interesting architecture, got some wonderful suggestions for planning the visit. One thing I would point out is the walls are not sound proof, we could hear the noise of water running through the wall in our room for almost all night. Apart from that everything's good, would definitely stay there again!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay in Bristol with the help of our knowledgeable team! We hope to welcome you again soon.

• England, Female, 31-40
10th Jul 2017

Great central location at the river port walking distance to the train station, docks and city sights. Rooms very comfortable and clean with security lockers, ensuite power shower and bathroom which makes it great value for private amenities. 24 hour reception makes staff easily available. Nice self catering kitchen and spacious lounge, games room, laundry facilities and TV room aswell as reception is also a bar and cafe. Security is very good, needing a key card to access rooms and levels.

Thanks for leaving great feedback. We hope to see you again soon!