YHA Bristol Reviews

14 Narrow Quay, Somerset, BS1 4QA, Bristol, England

everything was perfect beside the bloke in the room who was snoring like HELL!

Really lovely stay at the YHA Bristol..room and bathroom were very clean, lockers in the room, staff were friendly and helpful when I asked them a question. The worst part is that there's no free wifi.

Stayed for 2 nights, found it to be very good. Has an excellent kitchen and the room was well laid out and tidy.

A bit institutional for me; felt like a hospital. Elevator is painfully slow & loud beeping can be heard throughout the night. There are no stairs? Breakfast was not free, although the paid option was decent & the cook was a really cool guy (didn't mind cooking up breakfast right before closing). Location is good. Staff were of the can't be bothered variety. I didn't try the cafe/bar.

Nice hostel, good location with plenty of eateries and a Sainsbury's close by and a short walk from Temple Meads. I only stayed one night and booked a single room. The room was very cute and perfect for one person - but the window did not seal and so it was very noisy as it was a very windy night! Friendly staff and relaxed chill out areas, I would happily stay here again.

Would happily stay again

It was perfect, the only flaw was the you have to pay for wifi, that sucks but apart from that, amazing hostel!

I was put in 6-bed dorm that has only 4 lockers inside even though I booked for a 5-bed dorm. Hate that you need to pay for wifi!

+ Very good location and easy to find night and days. Very convenient restaurant, good cleaning overall. Many services and rooms to chill out. Convenient bar, but poor atmosphere in the reception room. - horrible smell when we came in the room, small bed but confortable mattress. Thin walls, so you hear the doors slaming all the night. Good security as you have to badge to access to every floor/room, but surprised when the reception made a mistake and gave me access to somebody else room ?!?!

No complaints! Really good stay! I was there on business and there were several quite areas to work with plenty of plugs. if you are staying more than 1 night and are under 26, well worth getting the membership where you get internet for free for your whole stay!

the room was really clean. the only disadvantage was the fact that there was not WIFI free and. the hostel was good located and next to the station

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Greece

Welcoming and helpful staff, spotlessly clean in all areas, very good value. Slight confusion with where or how to book breakfast in the morning but I had a lovely pot of tea in the cafe downstairs instead.

• 21st Jan 2014

Wi-fi should be free, as it is in most hostels. Why pay, when you can walk 50 metres to Wetherspoons and get it free? Breakfast prices are too high. An English cooked breakfast is GBP 4.99 at the YHA and GBP 3.29 at Wetherspoon

The female receptionist that I booked in with was not very friendly and forgot to tell me a lot of things so I was continually going up and down from my room to the reception. I paid 5 pounds to get 24hrs of wifi yet it didn't work in my room. I also spent the night getting bitten by something leaving big lumps all over my legs and arms. Would not recommend this hostel.

Very good hostel in the center and near everything. But pay for the wifi? Really? In 2013?

The staff didn't always seem like they were helping because they wanted to, rather that they had to. I've stayed in hostels that were the same price or cheaper, that also offered free WiFi and/or light breakfast (though the breakfast at the hostel was reasonably priced) The pressure of the shower in the room I stayed in was high, there was no way to turn it down. No soap in the toilet. The hostel advertised food that was available from their cafe, this was unavailable one night.

Staff were very helpful and polite. Hostel was in a great location on the quay. Communal areas were clean and welcoming and the room was clean and nice. Suggestions: plug sockets/extension leads for those on the top bunks.. I needed to charge my phone to use as an alarm and it barely reached. Also some small lights for each bed. The main room light was only a few feet from my head and was on til late and on before I woke up..not the nicest of ways to drift off and wake up!

Clean and well situated hostel with great facilities. Nice sitting room at the front reception. The four bed ensuite dorm was luxurious! Beds had their own plug-in stations and lights and were comfortable. Only qualms were that WIFI and breakfast were not included. Good kitchen facilities though. Wasn't around long enough to gauge the atmosphere unfortunately.

Best hostel we've stayed in England. The twin/private room was more than awesome although we think we got lucky about it. The rest was really cool as there was free south park projected in the cafe downstairs. Location was incredibly cool and staff too. Cafe downstairs has good prices and good products too :)

Great hostel in great location in Bristol, just in the waterside! Very good facilities and extremely clean rooms. Will definetely stay there next time I visit the city.