YHA Bristol Reviews

14 Narrow Quay, Somerset, BS1 4QA, Bristol, England

both dorm and bathroom were very clean; also, the hostel is placed in a great location. I have nothing to complaint.

The accommodation is really cheap but it comes with a price. Breakfast and wifi are not provided. Wifi is only free for those who has YHA membership however you cannot connect to the Wifi in your room. I was told the breakfast is around 4 pounds plus, and the wifi is about 5 pounds plus for 24 hours. Personally, I would rather spend that amount of money in a café with free wifi. The door to your room and between corridors are heavy and loud, and you can hear people talking from your room.

Good for a night or two stay. No free wifi - purchased wifi is on a daily basis (5£ per day) and can be super slow. I was told the lift had 'broken only minutes before I arrived' (complete BS) and it was out of action for the full 3 days I was there... God help you if you're like me and have to lug your luggage up and down from the 5th floor. This seems to be a common issue for this hostel - YHA please sort it out.

• 10th Nov 2014

Great location on the harbour. Hostel good but tired and overdue a refit. Long way to the 5th floor after full day sightseeing but Will definitely stay again in this fabulous City.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

U have 2 pay for wifi, and not much of a vibe through out this coporation hostel/hotel Staff were very helpful though

Very good. Stayed on top floor, single room. Towel not included. Lots of communal spaces to relax .Excellent location. Floor boards outside room very loud which woke me up when people walked past my room. But otherwise very nice stay.

This was the second hostel I'd ever experienced. In a way it's quite cool, the floors with rooms feel a bit like the inside of a cruise ship and they have a meeting room in which all manner of presentations are put on. (While I was there a man with a sitar came through and people were working on their Chakras. Wild stuff.) It was incredibly clean and comfortable. For me it was perfectly situated near the train station and town.

Perfect position, which could make up for most faults, although there weren't really any. Right on the waterfront opposite some awesome eateries and with heritage all around. The showers were a bit weak and there was a lack of cutlery and crockery in the kitchen but staff were very friendly and there were lots of little books to sit down with a book/ movie on a rainy day.

• 8th Oct 2014

Very nice and handy place, bit on high side price-wise. Nice location and facilities.

I only stayed a few hours to catch some sleep before a really early flight, but it was decent. Location was close to the train station, airport bus stops, as well as water taxis. Rooms had lockers, and each bed had a light and power point. The ensuite shower was clean, and the kitchen looked to be a decent size. If I ever go back to Bristol, I'd consider staying here again.

Great staff & location. Hard to beat in Bristol at that price.

• 20th Sep 2014

Excellent choice, definitely recommended

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Luxembourg

I want to wash my cloths by my hands. There is no space to dry and tools. Staffs are very nice.

Good hostel with a really cosy bar lounge right in the middle of the city centre.

Our stay was excellent though I think it is important to mention that There is no free wifi, if you want Internet you need to pay 5£ extra.

The wifi was awful, considering we paid for it we couldn't even get it in our bedroom.

• 24th Jun 2014