YHA Bristol Reviews

14 Narrow Quay, Somerset, BS1 4QA, Bristol, England

Good for a night or two stay. No free wifi - purchased wifi is on a daily basis (5£ per day) and can be super slow. I was told the lift had 'broken only minutes before I arrived' (complete BS) and it was out of action for the full 3 days I was there... God help you if you're like me and have to lug your luggage up and down from the 5th floor. This seems to be a common issue for this hostel - YHA please sort it out.

• 10th Nov 2014

Great location on the harbour. Hostel good but tired and overdue a refit. Long way to the 5th floor after full day sightseeing but Will definitely stay again in this fabulous City.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

U have 2 pay for wifi, and not much of a vibe through out this coporation hostel/hotel Staff were very helpful though

Very good. Stayed on top floor, single room. Towel not included. Lots of communal spaces to relax .Excellent location. Floor boards outside room very loud which woke me up when people walked past my room. But otherwise very nice stay.

This was the second hostel I'd ever experienced. In a way it's quite cool, the floors with rooms feel a bit like the inside of a cruise ship and they have a meeting room in which all manner of presentations are put on. (While I was there a man with a sitar came through and people were working on their Chakras. Wild stuff.) It was incredibly clean and comfortable. For me it was perfectly situated near the train station and town.

Perfect position, which could make up for most faults, although there weren't really any. Right on the waterfront opposite some awesome eateries and with heritage all around. The showers were a bit weak and there was a lack of cutlery and crockery in the kitchen but staff were very friendly and there were lots of little books to sit down with a book/ movie on a rainy day.

• 8th Oct 2014

Very nice and handy place, bit on high side price-wise. Nice location and facilities.

I only stayed a few hours to catch some sleep before a really early flight, but it was decent. Location was close to the train station, airport bus stops, as well as water taxis. Rooms had lockers, and each bed had a light and power point. The ensuite shower was clean, and the kitchen looked to be a decent size. If I ever go back to Bristol, I'd consider staying here again.

Great staff & location. Hard to beat in Bristol at that price.

• 20th Sep 2014

Excellent choice, definitely recommended

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Luxembourg

I want to wash my cloths by my hands. There is no space to dry and tools. Staffs are very nice.

Good hostel with a really cosy bar lounge right in the middle of the city centre.

Our stay was excellent though I think it is important to mention that There is no free wifi, if you want Internet you need to pay 5£ extra.

The wifi was awful, considering we paid for it we couldn't even get it in our bedroom.

• 24th Jun 2014

Self catering kitchen poor. no separate hand basin or soap. Small for size hostel, insufficient utensils, cups, forks. Had to borrow from cafeteria. 3 small tables and 3 seats, and even these seats taken by staff to cafeteria at times. Hostellers eating perched on window sill. no freezer compartment at all.This not acceptable for a supposedly 4* hostel of this size. No hangers in rooms, but at least now there are hooks. Hostel shabby, no routine maintenance? Showers & WCs out of order

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Great place, great value, great facilities, great location, friendly and helpful staff....will definitely be back !!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Apart from a drunken group of youths coming in and spoiling our stay by waking up the whole of the fourth floor between 3am and 4am. Shame as everything else was excellent but I will not be stopping with you again. Thankfully I was not with my young family as they would have been scared stupid due to these drunken yobs!

• 7th Jun 2014

Of all Youth Hostel I've visited on my U.K trip, YHA Bristol was the best located. The place is full of interesting place to visit, in a nice neighbourhood and for a very low price.

Not the best place for young people, otherwise good.

Staff was really helpful and nice to us. Even though we couldn't check-in when we arrived, they let us leave our bags in the luggage room and check-in whenever we wanted to. The atmosphere was really good and there was a very cozy and comfy common room where you could read, or just hang out. The rooms were clean as well. The only objection I had was that our wall sockets did not work. But we could plug it in our roommates'. If I ever go back to Bristol, I would definitely stay at YHA Bristol!