YHA Bristol Reviews

14 Narrow Quay, Somerset, BS1 4QA, Bristol, England

I want to wash my cloths by my hands. There is no space to dry and tools. Staffs are very nice.

Good hostel with a really cosy bar lounge right in the middle of the city centre.

Our stay was excellent though I think it is important to mention that There is no free wifi, if you want Internet you need to pay 5£ extra.

The wifi was awful, considering we paid for it we couldn't even get it in our bedroom.

• 24th Jun 2014

Self catering kitchen poor. no separate hand basin or soap. Small for size hostel, insufficient utensils, cups, forks. Had to borrow from cafeteria. 3 small tables and 3 seats, and even these seats taken by staff to cafeteria at times. Hostellers eating perched on window sill. no freezer compartment at all.This not acceptable for a supposedly 4* hostel of this size. No hangers in rooms, but at least now there are hooks. Hostel shabby, no routine maintenance? Showers & WCs out of order

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Great place, great value, great facilities, great location, friendly and helpful staff....will definitely be back !!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Apart from a drunken group of youths coming in and spoiling our stay by waking up the whole of the fourth floor between 3am and 4am. Shame as everything else was excellent but I will not be stopping with you again. Thankfully I was not with my young family as they would have been scared stupid due to these drunken yobs!

• 7th Jun 2014

Of all Youth Hostel I've visited on my U.K trip, YHA Bristol was the best located. The place is full of interesting place to visit, in a nice neighbourhood and for a very low price.

Not the best place for young people, otherwise good.

Staff was really helpful and nice to us. Even though we couldn't check-in when we arrived, they let us leave our bags in the luggage room and check-in whenever we wanted to. The atmosphere was really good and there was a very cozy and comfy common room where you could read, or just hang out. The rooms were clean as well. The only objection I had was that our wall sockets did not work. But we could plug it in our roommates'. If I ever go back to Bristol, I would definitely stay at YHA Bristol!

I would like to suggest that the shower room be separated from the toilet. Also the need to keep the common kitchen clean at all times

Great place to stat in the centre of Bristol.

Nice hostel right in the Bristol city centre. My only complaint is there was nowhere to set your clothes in the shower without them getting wet.

Really nice staff, friendly and helpfull. The Hostel is really new, with clean rooms and bathrooms.

The hostel is good and clean, the position is perfect and the staff is kind and helpful.

5th floor is rather creaky, but you get used to it after the first night- tiptoes at 2am tend to help! :)

• 2nd May 2014

I realize that the hostel is open 24/7 but I was awakened by roommates twice in one night which wasn't pleasant and the showers weren't ideal. There wasn't any place in the showers to put clothes/towels without them getting wet and I couldn't turn off the showers.

• 1st May 2014

No free wifi, crazy guy in the room and nobody can print me a ticket...beds are ok but really expensive for this kind of accomodations

We liked the hostel very much, and the location is excellent. The big problem was the toilets .There were only 2 toilets for a whole floor, and they were in the same place as the shower. If someone was in the shower, the toilet was inaccessible, and vice versa. When we did get into the toilet, it was fairly disgusting (maybe a flush problem?)

Great location, staff were helpful but could do with a bit more friendliness. Facilities were great. Accommodation was very clean and new.