YHA Cambridge Reviews

97 Tenison Road, Cambridgeshire, CB1 2DN, Cambridge, England

very welcoming staff and an extremely nice hostel at a great price! thank you

• 29th Jan 2016

My first time at a hostel, and may I say I'm amazed! Clean, secure and even cozy. Very helpful staff. Definitely will stay here again

One of the best hostels I have been.. really really clean, very friendly staff. I had only one problem: the power plugs from my bedroom stopped working in the middle of the night so no onencould charge their devices, which is crucial when travelling alone. I had a though time charging in the morning when I could be exploring the city before traveling again. But that was a problem I don't believe it happens very often, so the overall expierence was great

In general it was a good Hostel to stay a couple of nights, good located near the train station and about 15 min walking from the city centre, you need to pay for the breakfast, I stayed in a four bed room and it was not noisy and clean. I would return some day!

that s a pity that staff not smily and not that friendly, much less friendly than in some many YHA i have been before

There was a woman's screaming in the halls from 4am-8am and the staff didn't do anything about it. We made a compliant in the morning and the staff said they would make a note. Whatever that means. I wouldn't stay there again.

• 31st Dec 2015

I thought it was odd to have only one shower and one toilet for a number of rooms.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place! Awesome value for money!!

The staff is really nice and friendly

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

Fantastic place. So pleased with everything about it. Really great and relaxing environment.

Had a good stay at this hostel. The dorms are compact and there is no ensuite bathroom, but it was oke. Everything was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

I go to the Annual Faraday Society Lecture and stay at YHA. The Hostel is friendly and they are reasonably good for the price. This is the second time I have used it.

• 23rd Nov 2015

So rare to find a dorm room that seemed custom-built for a hostel dorm. Each bed had a unit with a light, small shelf and a power plug perfectly designed and placed for sleepers. Sink and mirror in room was very convenient and showers and toilets similarly designed. One thing I would improve is the "red/green" on the door locks indicating if it's locked or not. Make it bigger somehow. Some guests can be very nasty in the mornings otherwise. Warning: lots of stairs and no lift!

my first stay in a hostel. Absolutely loved it, 5 minutes walk from the train station and 5 minutes to the city centre. Thank you

• 11th Nov 2015

The member of staff who checked me in was quite dopey and did not check if I was a member until after I'd paid, costing me money, among other things. Otherwise it's a very convenient and relaxed place.

• 9th Nov 2015

No internet in the rooms.

This hotel was super clean, had comfortable beds and spacious rooms. There were lots of facilities (beautiful self-catering kitchen and a downstairs restaurant/bar) and the staff were very knowledgable and helpful. Each bed had it's own light and charger. I would definitely stay here again!

Pretty good for the only hostel in Cambridge. Breakfast is extra but cooked. Nice beds. But far from the city centre but it's a nice walk!

The staff are very welcoming, smiley and helpful. I would definitely stay at YHA, Tension Road, Cambridge should I ever return to Cambridge.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

A nice, clean hostel away from the crowd yet only 15 mins from the centre and 5 mins from the supermarkets walking distance. It has a spacious, clean and well geared kitchen. The atmosphere reflects a "passing by" hostel; not a "family of friends" hostel to live in. Newly renovated with modern facilities and helpful staff. Highly recommended; personal rating 91%. A "globetrotter".

• 18th Oct 2015