YHA Cambridge Reviews

97 Tenison Road, Cambridgeshire, CB1 2DN, Cambridge, England

Very good hostel

No free wi-fi is definitely a negative aspect. Other than that the hostel is very nice.

We've never stayed in a YHA before and it had much more of a hostelly feel than we expected, was super clean and had dangerously comfy beds! Gotta mention that our friend had a messed up shoulder and when she asked Wendy (the chef?) for some ice she wrapped it up in a clean tea towel and then came over later, asked her how she was and gave her A KISS ON THE FOREHEAD. If that ain't customer service I dunno what is. Cheers guys!

well organised hostel, easy to find. the staff are friendly and tell you what you want/ need to know about the local area. i would stay there again.

Nice hostel, but it can get a bit expensive - if you are not into real English breakfasts, I would recommend you pass on their breakfast deal. Friendly staff, very clean. A bit of a walk from the city center, but nothing too strenuous; very conveniently located to the train station.

No towels in rooms and loo door didnt close properly.

• 27th May 2014
  • Austria

very convenient location from the train station. the room is pretty large even for 6 beds. and clean. i like there is a bed lamp for each one.

The hostel has just been refurbished, hence everything is fresh and new. The staff is nice and the breakfast very good (unfortunately not included, £5 extra). A bummer is the Wifi which costs extra. In 2014 this shouldn't exist anymore. Location-wise the hostel is in a quiet neighborhood with just a 5 minutes walk from the train station and 20 minutes from the center.

It is a really nice place, clean and lovely~~~

Hostel recently refurbished and very nice. It's almost the only affordable accommodation in a posh town like Cambridge. It works on the same concept as Ryanair, it's cheap for the basic option, then you have to pay for any little detail. Personally I find really unbelievable and irritating that I should pay 5 £ for WiFi connection... Back to the 20th century?? Anyway, these are just personal considerations... As I said, if you are on a budget this is the right choice.

It was newly renovated when we stayed, so everything was brand new! The staff were incredibly helpful to us, and the electronic locks on multiple doors made us feel very safe. Less than 5 minutes from the train station, and a short walk to the “main attractions” of Cambridge. Slightly more expensive than I like for shared rooms, but it was a very nice place to stay!

You have to pay for the wifi. Seriously, for 20 euro per night (in the cheapest room), I think the owner might add it for free, at least in the common room. Good location, 10 minutes walking from town. A bit expensive for being just an hostal, but I guess it's UK. Bathrooms are small, but clean (and there are many toilets, which is useful). Staff very kind.