YHA Cambridge Reviews

97 Tenison Road, Cambridgeshire, CB1 2DN, Cambridge, England

one of the best places I have ever been to. it looks better than an average european hostel

Everything is good in this hostel except I don't recommended for solo traveler.

We stayed in a shared dorm. The beds were clean (but a little hard!). Bathrooms were plenty and clean. Breakfast was offered but we did not take this option. The hostel has a kitchen and sitting room, which was cozy and well lit.

• 9th May 2015

I liked everything about staying at the hostel except that noise what some visitors can make. Some people realy have no idea about other being around and respect for others including them-self, they behaved like animals shouting, banging door and their stuff all night and early in the morning. Earplugs needed! :) Everything else was realy good and well organized.

I in 4 female dorm and everything was nice except the WIFI that could not reach out my room.

Really great hostel. The rooms were lovely - beds were extremely comfortable. The common room was a great place to meet other travelers. The staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!

The only bad thing about the hostel was the breakfast...

• 25th Apr 2015

Fantastic! Such a lovely clean room. Cool communal areas. Great location. Good parking options. Tasty and good value breakfast. Would definitely recommend. Thanks to everyone involved :-)

• 18th Apr 2015

The atmosphere were very friendly and genuine. Despite I spent all day touring the city and some sleeping problems, the staff always offered possibilities for a solution.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Chile

Very clean. The cleanest and neatest dorm room I've ever been in a youth Hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff, great entertainment facilities and good opportunities to make friends. Great location too very close to the train station!

Decent, functional budget accommodation with a range of facilities, but the building is charmless with poky rooms and bland location. The kitchen is well stocked with equipment and utensils, but is small - obliging strangers to sit awkwardly close.The TV lounge is smallish. Wi-fi is free, but renting the sole communal computer is quite costly. My four-bed dorm had only three lockers. £5.25 breakfast (advertised at £4.99) is VFM with unlimited non-heated components. V. clean with efficient staff.

Nice hostel, bedrooms kind of small :/

Paper thin walls and ground. Unfortunately, there was a group of 50 children on site. So it became very noisy and difficult to sleep. But that's out of your hands. Everything you could control, was excellent! I would come back anytime. Thanks.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Very modern and comfortable. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the dorms are cosy. 15min walk from the city centre.

PERFECT !!! and very very clean

Very helpfull staff. great they have plugs beside the bed and reading lamps. Very clean and good facilities, except the fac the light in the toilet is operated on a movement sensor, which means you have to wave your arm while on the toilet. That was the only minor negative thing.

In the beginning I thought it was quite expense if you compere it with hostels in London, but the price was good for the facilities of the hostel

It is a good hotel, but unfortunately I found very noisy people in my room. One day, 2 guys came in at 3 in the morning, shouting and swearing. They went on for 1h at least. Another time, one guy kept all of us awake because of his snoring. Possibly, dividing snoring people from not snoring ones would be more effective than dividing between males and females!

We are two travellers going around the UK to visit nice cities and Cambridge is definitely one. The Hostel is really nice! The rooms were very clean and the furniture was new/kind of luxurious. I had a really nice night sleep on my bed. The staff is very friendly and you feel home right away. The breakfast was the only disappointing part of our stay. For £5 we expected a little bit more. The juice tasted not very nice and the coffee wasn't really good either.

• 29th Jan 2015

It's really nice to stay there. My friend and I had a great time in Cambridge.