YHA Cambridge Reviews

97 Tenison Road, Cambridgeshire, CB1 2DN, Cambridge, England

Very modern and comfortable. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the dorms are cosy. 15min walk from the city centre.

PERFECT !!! and very very clean

Very helpfull staff. great they have plugs beside the bed and reading lamps. Very clean and good facilities, except the fac the light in the toilet is operated on a movement sensor, which means you have to wave your arm while on the toilet. That was the only minor negative thing.

In the beginning I thought it was quite expense if you compere it with hostels in London, but the price was good for the facilities of the hostel

It is a good hotel, but unfortunately I found very noisy people in my room. One day, 2 guys came in at 3 in the morning, shouting and swearing. They went on for 1h at least. Another time, one guy kept all of us awake because of his snoring. Possibly, dividing snoring people from not snoring ones would be more effective than dividing between males and females!

We are two travellers going around the UK to visit nice cities and Cambridge is definitely one. The Hostel is really nice! The rooms were very clean and the furniture was new/kind of luxurious. I had a really nice night sleep on my bed. The staff is very friendly and you feel home right away. The breakfast was the only disappointing part of our stay. For £5 we expected a little bit more. The juice tasted not very nice and the coffee wasn't really good either.

• 29th Jan 2015

It's really nice to stay there. My friend and I had a great time in Cambridge.

Very nice place and the staff is friendly. They do not have Wi-Fi in the rooms. I highly recommend. The breakfast is not included but is £5 very complete.

I was very impressed with this hostel and would definitely stay again. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and the shower was very powerful.

• 8th Dec 2014

Everything was so clean and comfortable ! Love it!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good value for money. Cramped environment. Difficult to sleep with others snoring and coming in at all hours. YHA charges for extras including Internet and padlock which should both be free in this day and age.

I had a really pleasant stay. Nice bed, nice staff, nice breakfast.

a very happy stay with homy YHA. nice atmosphere nice surroundings

• 5th Nov 2014
  • China

one of the cleanest hostel I've done since the last 10 years

• 4th Nov 2014

We came for one night, my friends aren't used to staying in hostels and we did want an en suite but for some reason I didn't book. With this hostel- it didn't matter! 4 toilets on our floor, private shower rooms which really worked out better. The staff were lovely and helpful too, taking out photo and putting up with our crazy halloween costumes. I would definitely stay again.

• 1st Nov 2014

Nice hostel with spacious rooms and the comfiest bunk bed I've ever slept in. Also, every bunk bed has its own light and plus socket, and we had a room with a sink which is very handy. Location is average, 20 minutes to town centre. Bathrooms and dorms were very clean. Downsides: 5GBP for Wi-Fi? Come on! The staff was not too friendly and had slight problems with our payment (although we just wanted to split the total amount, not a big deal normally). I'd still recommend it!

Staff was friendly. You need to walk a bit to get to the city centre, but it's not too bad. It's a bit price for a hostel, but Cambridge is in general a pricey area. Common room and bedroom were nice. Would stay here again.

Thanks, you just saved my first week in Cambridge! Good staff and good service!

• 30th Sep 2014

I really love staying in YHA Cambridge. Thanks to all Staff

Nicely renovated hostel with super friendly staff. Very close to the train station; walk to the old city is nice, but busses are ample if you want to save your feet. The dorms are maximum 6 people and provide lockers (bring your own lock!) in the dorms. Minor point was the relatively large number of people sharing one bathroom and one shower. Also I found the wifi pretty expensive for non-members. Overall it was a great stay in the hostel in a very enjoyable city.