YHA Cambridge Reviews

97 Tenison Road, Cambridgeshire, CB1 2DN, Cambridge, England

I was very impressed with this hostel and would definitely stay again. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and the shower was very powerful.

• 8th Dec 2014

Everything was so clean and comfortable ! Love it!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good value for money. Cramped environment. Difficult to sleep with others snoring and coming in at all hours. YHA charges for extras including Internet and padlock which should both be free in this day and age.

I had a really pleasant stay. Nice bed, nice staff, nice breakfast.

a very happy stay with homy YHA. nice atmosphere nice surroundings

• 5th Nov 2014
  • China

one of the cleanest hostel I've done since the last 10 years

• 4th Nov 2014

We came for one night, my friends aren't used to staying in hostels and we did want an en suite but for some reason I didn't book. With this hostel- it didn't matter! 4 toilets on our floor, private shower rooms which really worked out better. The staff were lovely and helpful too, taking out photo and putting up with our crazy halloween costumes. I would definitely stay again.

• 1st Nov 2014

Nice hostel with spacious rooms and the comfiest bunk bed I've ever slept in. Also, every bunk bed has its own light and plus socket, and we had a room with a sink which is very handy. Location is average, 20 minutes to town centre. Bathrooms and dorms were very clean. Downsides: 5GBP for Wi-Fi? Come on! The staff was not too friendly and had slight problems with our payment (although we just wanted to split the total amount, not a big deal normally). I'd still recommend it!

Staff was friendly. You need to walk a bit to get to the city centre, but it's not too bad. It's a bit price for a hostel, but Cambridge is in general a pricey area. Common room and bedroom were nice. Would stay here again.

Thanks, you just saved my first week in Cambridge! Good staff and good service!

• 30th Sep 2014

I really love staying in YHA Cambridge. Thanks to all Staff

Nicely renovated hostel with super friendly staff. Very close to the train station; walk to the old city is nice, but busses are ample if you want to save your feet. The dorms are maximum 6 people and provide lockers (bring your own lock!) in the dorms. Minor point was the relatively large number of people sharing one bathroom and one shower. Also I found the wifi pretty expensive for non-members. Overall it was a great stay in the hostel in a very enjoyable city.

While close to the train station, it is a bit of a walk into town. The facilities are good except for the fact that there were only four toilets for seven rooms that weren't regularly checked for cleanliness. And paying 5 pounds a day for wifi was not good. Staff and resturant was good though. Worst was the fact that the bunks are only 80cm wide which meant I hit my knee everytime I turned over. I was also there with a school group who seemed to take over the place.

The hostel is very modern and clean, they have a well equipped modern kitchen and the staff was nice. The location is not the best, because you have to walk quite long the got to the city centre and almost 30-40 minutes in total to get to the main attractions (like Kings College). Also the room gets quite warm during the night. There was a fan but it didn't help and was a bit noisy.

One of the best hostels I've stayed so far. Location is ok, close to train station. Facilities are amazing, tidy and very good value for money. Staff friendly and welcoming. Breakfast is just spectacular; be aware you have to pay on top of the staying fee, but the buffet is worthy. Nothing is perfect though. there is no free WiFi unless you are member of YHA society. You have to pay £5 to get one day internet what is ridiculous nowadays that even my grumpy neighbour offers free wifi surfing!

The facilities are good and clean, but the shower is a little uncomfortable because the water doesn't drain properly so it accumulates in the whole bathroom, making troublesome to change clothes. One great thing is that each bed has its own plug what is really helpful to charge your phone.

Great hostel, good location, very helpful staff, very clean and comfortable rooms.

• 28th Aug 2014

We liked that the room was very new, but for this price we expected at least the internet to be for free for everyone and the breakfast to be included...

This place is practically a hotel, but with affordable prices. Be prepared to pay everything extra you need (including a socket adaptor , in case you come out of England). Amazing staff. You guys could improve the city map - it is a really help for backpackers. I felt safe and have a perfect environment to sleep, and there's food and drinks available through whole day. I deeply recommend. Ps. This is not a party hard hostel, so think about your desired environment!

very bad climate in the rooms, too expensive. Poorly that you had to pay extra for wii fier. It was too far from the city center. We had a really bad night, we did not sleep because of the poor ventilation in the room.Therefore, we will not recommend this place to others.