YHA Canterbury Reviews

Ellerslie, 54 New Dover Road, Kent, CT1 3DT, Canterbury, England

I paid for a privet room so I expected a bit more. The bedroom was freezing cold and damp, with the radiator not working. There were fingerprint smudges all over the walls and the light felt like an anti-heroine light so you can't find veins. The hostel advertises free wifi but it tiny letters 'members only' - all add ons were extortionately priced (wifi, coffee, snacks). Go to Kipps Hostel in canterbury - it's so much nicer.

• 25th Mar 2014

The beds were very comfortable. I felt safe the entire time. Very nice place to stay!

• 25th Jan 2014

The Hostel was amazing! very clean and affordable.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Lebanon

Facilities top, apparently recently refurbished. Staff were okay. Only problem for me: I arrived at 1 p.m. and it turned out that the reception was not open at that time, hence check-in was not possible immediately.

Great stay for a uni reunion. Hostel has everything you could need, beds were good the staff were approachable and friendly. Place was clean and only a 10-15min walk into town. Not much of an atmosphere, mainly because there didn't seem to be anyone else apart from our group in the hostel at the time. Can't beat a weekend in Canterbury, would always recommend a pub crawl!

I didn't have the chance to enjoy my stay at YHA, since my plane was in delay and I arrived after midnight. I was very disappointed because there was no staff available for check-in and when I communicated with them they told me to look for accomodation somewhere else. However, girls with whom I was to share the room opened me by chance and I slept there. I did the check-in and check-out next morning at the same time. Premises were quite clean and the living room very cosy and nicely decorated.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Greece

We were very pleased with the room and staff at the Hostel. Would stay here again.