YHA Canterbury Reviews

Ellerslie, 54 New Dover Road, Kent, CT1 3DT, Canterbury, England

Very clean and a lot of nice facilities. Beds were comfortable. A bit noisy since there were a few kids on a school trip and as a female travelling alone I feel safe walking back to the hostel alone in the dark s I would suggest a taxi. I would book with YHA again because of the tidiness and the helpful staff.

Excellent hostel, only issues were location (a fair walk out of the town centre) and the lack of lockers. Also lockers available when reception is closed is coin operated.

Very clean and quiet, liked that there was one outlet by every bed, but: Too far from the train station(s) and the center of town, and too few bathrooms/showers. Also, the wifi only works in the lounge...not the rooms. And no lockers.

It is a pity but we couldn't stay at YHA Canterbury hostel. We have arrived to the hostel at 11-30 p.m. and guy from the stuff told us that our booking already canceled and they couldn't offer for us anything. It was awfully.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Russia

It is absolutely good choice to stay here, it is really clean and good facility, staff here are very friendly. Location is good 15 minutes walk to city centre, and there is a bus stop opposite to the YHA, you can catch 15bus to Dover. I stay in the 6 female dorm, the room is big and clean, there are bathroom and toilet inside of the room, besides, every floor have 2 bathing and toilet. The only flaw is the wifi in my room is a little weak, if it can be improved, it will be really perfect.

Nice period building with comfy common spaces, a fantastic kitchen, spotless toilets and showers, and spacious dorms with sturdy metal bunk beds equipped with individual outlets and reading lights. I wish they had wifi coverage beyond the first floor and lockers in the rooms. Location is convenient, just 10-15 min from the historic center and all sorts of shops and cafes.

Your stock standard YHA.

Beautiful hostel, walking distance to town!