YHA Canterbury Reviews

Ellerslie, 54 New Dover Road, Kent, CT1 3DT, Canterbury, England

Great staff, very helpful and courteous. The YHA was clean from top to bottom, and I felt very safe. Thanks, guys!

• 29th Jun 2014

I've stayed with my sister for one night and we enjoyed our stay. We were so lucky getting just the top nfloor room for both of us instead of the 6 bed room because on this night the YHA was nearly empty . The room ( as we collected our bags next day that changed completely). We had a quiet night in a lovely room and plenty of bathrooms. Thank you !

I had 2 blissful nights here. The rooms were quiet, clean and spacious and the plan very well thought out with no banging loo doors to wake you in the middle of the night. Staff were lovely if a little thin on the ground. Overall it was fab. II'd say it was the best hostel Ive stayed at.

I paid for a privet room so I expected a bit more. The bedroom was freezing cold and damp, with the radiator not working. There were fingerprint smudges all over the walls and the light felt like an anti-heroine light so you can't find veins. The hostel advertises free wifi but it tiny letters 'members only' - all add ons were extortionately priced (wifi, coffee, snacks). Go to Kipps Hostel in canterbury - it's so much nicer.

• 25th Mar 2014

The beds were very comfortable. I felt safe the entire time. Very nice place to stay!

• 25th Jan 2014

The Hostel was amazing! very clean and affordable.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Lebanon

Facilities top, apparently recently refurbished. Staff were okay. Only problem for me: I arrived at 1 p.m. and it turned out that the reception was not open at that time, hence check-in was not possible immediately.

Great stay for a uni reunion. Hostel has everything you could need, beds were good the staff were approachable and friendly. Place was clean and only a 10-15min walk into town. Not much of an atmosphere, mainly because there didn't seem to be anyone else apart from our group in the hostel at the time. Can't beat a weekend in Canterbury, would always recommend a pub crawl!

I didn't have the chance to enjoy my stay at YHA, since my plane was in delay and I arrived after midnight. I was very disappointed because there was no staff available for check-in and when I communicated with them they told me to look for accomodation somewhere else. However, girls with whom I was to share the room opened me by chance and I slept there. I did the check-in and check-out next morning at the same time. Premises were quite clean and the living room very cosy and nicely decorated.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Greece

We were very pleased with the room and staff at the Hostel. Would stay here again.

Hostel was located in one of the safe areas but bit away from the city. However it only takes 10-15 minutes walk so distance was okay. Hostel itself is very clean, all hostel staffs were nice, they clean rooms everyday and you can change sheets if you wish. Everything was good and clean. The only thing that I did not like was shower. Water pressure was too weak to wash out the "tiredness" of the day.

• 27th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

Nice clean hostel. But there was no atmosphere at all. It was a youth hostel, (I do not dislike "older" people), but there were mostly couples in their 40's, 50's

I enjoyed my stay very much, and will definitely stay again. Perhaps some signs to show where the kitchen, sitting room, etc are ... Thank You.

• 30th Aug 2013

I stayed in your hostel for two weeks and although there were no ghosts I had a very very good time. your staff do know what they are doing and they are always ready to help. the building itself is kept clean and tidy. all in all it was a pleasant experience.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Slovakia

This hostel was the best by far of all the ones I stayed in on my trip.

It's a beautiful hostel, with nice spacious rooms. It's actually more like a hotel though, not many young backpackers around. I only didn't like that there's no free wi-fi.

The hostel was very nice, we had room 9, a quiet room out to the garden side. We walked to the centre of Canterbury whih wasn't very far.

• 4th Aug 2013

It was very clean and organised, but it didn't feel like in hostel... there were few travelers or younger people und it was really VERY clean and organised; plus: every extra had to be paid for; but it is a very good place to stay if you are looking for a calm and tidy accommodation ;)

I had a very nice stay at YHA Canterbury. Pros: the hostel was extremely clean, safe, and quiet. Fairly close to the town centre and bus and rail stations (about 10 min walk). Cons: Not the best environment to meet other travelers--many people staying there were locals or non-travelers, and the wifi was expensive (£5/day). Overall, a good experience!

Great hostel except for the walk into town. Just don't pay for the wifi, it's highway robbery. Very clean though, and a helpful staff. The beds were alright.

« first « Prev 1 2 3