YHA Canterbury Reviews

Ellerslie, 54 New Dover Road, Kent, CT1 3DT, Canterbury, England

For the money it was a great hostel 10-15mins walk to town, basic but good facilities. Could have done with a basin in the shower room. Toilets were very small, but ok! Breakfast was cold, would not reccommend this.

• 20th Nov 2015

Very clean and a lot of nice facilities. Beds were comfortable. A bit noisy since there were a few kids on a school trip and as a female travelling alone I feel safe walking back to the hostel alone in the dark s I would suggest a taxi. I would book with YHA again because of the tidiness and the helpful staff.

Excellent hostel, only issues were location (a fair walk out of the town centre) and the lack of lockers. Also lockers available when reception is closed is coin operated.

Very clean and quiet, liked that there was one outlet by every bed, but: Too far from the train station(s) and the center of town, and too few bathrooms/showers. Also, the wifi only works in the lounge...not the rooms. And no lockers.

It is a pity but we couldn't stay at YHA Canterbury hostel. We have arrived to the hostel at 11-30 p.m. and guy from the stuff told us that our booking already canceled and they couldn't offer for us anything. It was awfully.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Russia

It is absolutely good choice to stay here, it is really clean and good facility, staff here are very friendly. Location is good 15 minutes walk to city centre, and there is a bus stop opposite to the YHA, you can catch 15bus to Dover. I stay in the 6 female dorm, the room is big and clean, there are bathroom and toilet inside of the room, besides, every floor have 2 bathing and toilet. The only flaw is the wifi in my room is a little weak, if it can be improved, it will be really perfect.

Nice period building with comfy common spaces, a fantastic kitchen, spotless toilets and showers, and spacious dorms with sturdy metal bunk beds equipped with individual outlets and reading lights. I wish they had wifi coverage beyond the first floor and lockers in the rooms. Location is convenient, just 10-15 min from the historic center and all sorts of shops and cafes.

Your stock standard YHA.

Beautiful hostel, walking distance to town!

A very comfortable place to stay when exploring the historic centre of Canterbury.

Good hostel after all. Room was really clean facilities were good. 10-15min walk from bus stop

I loved it here! The staff are super friendly, everything is newly renovated, the facilities are excellent, the hostel is very comfy. It is quiet and a bit outside of the town center, but there's a bus stop right at the door. Definitely would stay here again!

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and made us feel extremely welcome. The hostel is a little bit of a walk out of town but only because we were carrying quite a lot of stuff! The booking process was easily and flexible, they were happy to cater for the addition to our party and organised everything for us. The highlight of the stay was the breakfast, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Would happily recommend this hostel to anyone.

Great staff, very helpful and courteous. The YHA was clean from top to bottom, and I felt very safe. Thanks, guys!

• 29th Jun 2014

I've stayed with my sister for one night and we enjoyed our stay. We were so lucky getting just the top nfloor room for both of us instead of the 6 bed room because on this night the YHA was nearly empty . The room ( as we collected our bags next day that changed completely). We had a quiet night in a lovely room and plenty of bathrooms. Thank you !

I had 2 blissful nights here. The rooms were quiet, clean and spacious and the plan very well thought out with no banging loo doors to wake you in the middle of the night. Staff were lovely if a little thin on the ground. Overall it was fab. II'd say it was the best hostel Ive stayed at.

I paid for a privet room so I expected a bit more. The bedroom was freezing cold and damp, with the radiator not working. There were fingerprint smudges all over the walls and the light felt like an anti-heroine light so you can't find veins. The hostel advertises free wifi but it tiny letters 'members only' - all add ons were extortionately priced (wifi, coffee, snacks). Go to Kipps Hostel in canterbury - it's so much nicer.

• 25th Mar 2014

The beds were very comfortable. I felt safe the entire time. Very nice place to stay!

• 25th Jan 2014

The Hostel was amazing! very clean and affordable.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Lebanon

Facilities top, apparently recently refurbished. Staff were okay. Only problem for me: I arrived at 1 p.m. and it turned out that the reception was not open at that time, hence check-in was not possible immediately.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4