YHA Colonial village & Camping & Tours Reviews

820 Boat Harbour Drive, Urangan, Hervey Bay, Australia

Lovely staff really really nice on reception including female owner. Rooms all good (we had private) but you can't fully close glass door only mosquito net that you can lock. Apparently this is due to fire regulations?? Never had this anywhere else however? Great communal area, free bus shuttle, good bikes for hire excellent facilities.definately recooment

Not really a hostel at all - a campground with rooms also. We really enjoyed our stay here. Quiet, not for anyone interested in drinking loads or partying. Massive gardens, cheap bike hire, free (not that great) wifi. Double room was clean, decent size and a good price. Kitchen was clean - you do need a deposit for everything but everything is in good order because of this. TV and sofas in kitchen too. Always there to pick you up from bus stop. Would definitely stay again. Decent place.

The hostel is close to the beach and a supermarket. But this are the only things which are close to it. Sometimes the reception is understaffed so you have to wait but the staff is always friendly. I stayed in the basic room for one night. The mattress is very thin and there are no shelves or lockers. But everything (room, kitchen, bathroom) is very clean. There is a bar with an opportunity to eat cheap.

Charging for luggage storage is abit excessive. Staff are not friendly, never meet you with a smile.

Really enjoyed my stay! :D

I only stayed one night but it was a nice facility. Unfortunately my soccer ball was stolen after I accidentally left it behind before going on a whale watching cruise. Everyone had checked out of the room and I locked the door behind myself so it really only leaves a member of housekeeping as a possible suspect but I wouldn't let that deter you. Workers change all the time, just take precautions and remember all your property!!

The doors to our bedroom leading out to the cold didn't shut (apparently due to safety reasons) which meant the room was cold. You had to pay a deposit for absolutely everything, every pan you needed, plates etc, wifi never worked even if there was no one in the wifi room.

Friendly staff, lovely location