YHA Gisborne Reviews

32 harris st, kaiti, Gisborne, New Zealand

It is no connected with this good hostel but i noticed that backpaker(s) stole some of my food in open fridge;these people are very disappointing!!

A beautiful YHA. The manager is an absolute gem and extremely helpful. Good kitchen and bathroom facilities. Close to Kaiti beach, the main street, and a couple local breweries. Great place to stay, but if you're tall pick a top bunk, as the bunks are a bit small and difficult to sit up in.

Lovely homely place. Couple who owned place were v accommodation. Got extra pair of pillows after asking for them which is a real luxury in most hostels. He noticed me reading a psychology book & took interest in my book. She remembered my name even though there were loads of people there. Great spot to chill if you've been on the road a lot.

• 22nd Dec 2015

we where surprised that even in the early afternoon everyone was watching TV and/or communicating with there mobile devices. Hardly any other communication took place. And when we came back later the picture did not change. To us that appeared to be rather strange for a hostel in which people from all over the planet meet and could exchange their experiences.

Nice backpacker who've got great facilities (especially in the kitchen) The staff is really helpful and great. I spent a nice stay there.

Internet was off, but the staff helped out wonderfully. I actually received a ride to the highway to start my next trip. Lovely people; the beds were so comfortable. Can only recommend to stay there. Close to a wonderful running/biking trail.

The only comment is that you have to pay for wifi,but would go back no sweat

Very cold place and free wifi wasn't free as written.