YHA Gisborne Reviews

32 harris st, kaiti, Gisborne, New Zealand

One of the best hostels I have stayed at in a lovely part of NZ!

The place seemed a bit unwelcoming and antisocial compared with other backpackers where ive stayed. The kitchen was clean, but the bathrooms were below my standards and the whole place smelled a bit dank. Five dollars seemed steep for wireless. I wouldnt stay here again.

• 16th Apr 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Small and very quiet hostel. The dorms are very spacious, never seen such a large room for a 6-bed dorm. Large kitchen, decent-sized common and TV room. Good wifi, but it's $5 per day even for YHA members. Nice deck outside to eat and socialise. The walk into the city centre is about 10-15 minutes, and about 20 mins from the Information Centre. Would stay again if I ever return to Gisborne.