YHA Kaikoura Reviews

270 Esplanade, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Very good hostel, best receptionist, clean kitchen with all the and very well located.

• 1st Oct 2015

Locked myself out of my room at 7:45am. Unfortunately, the reception opens at 9am, which meant over 1h waiting for help. In my case it wasn't a big deal because the view across the bay on to the mountains was just incredible and the lovely french girl who shared her coffee with me and 2 others providing good company eased the pain. However, if I would have been pressed with time, I may have tried to break into my own room. Hence, an emergency Tel Nr would be great to have for stupids like me.

• 4th Sep 2015

Great staff and new bathroom facilities, however, it is quite far from the center of town