YHA Liverpool Reviews

25 Tabley Street, off Wapping, Merseyside , L1 8EE, Liverpool, England

This is the best hostel I've stayed at so far! The decorations on the walls were great. The location was close to everything I wanted to do. There was a lot of things to see around the docks and surrounding area. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

The YHA is located near the Tate and other museums and only a fifteen to twenty minute walk from central Liverpool, so is a bargain when it comes to price (at least mid-week). However, internet only works in the common areas, so if there are a lot of people staying, it can be difficult to find space to use it. The bathroom I had access to could also use with updating - the shower was quite grotty and didn't feel the cleanest

I was very unhappy with the staff there as they did not inform me about the id and it does not say anything in hostel world terms and conditions yes its relitivley cheap but there are far better hostel in liverpool than yha as staff was rude and when i was told a bank card i sufficent id i went to get it and came back then was told it was 2 so i didnt stay wud not reccomend to anyone...!!!!

• 10th Mar 2015

You get 3 pounds off here with yha membership. Really great place to stay. Paul s was lovely

Will stay again if your a yha member you save 3 pounds a night

the room was very clean and we got plenty of space.

The room was very big, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was nice and cleane. Staff is very friendly. It takes around 15 minutes to get to the centre of the city, but the hostel is calm.

Very nice members of staff, helpful and always a smile on their faces. The bed was comfortable too, the temperature in the room was a bit too warm, but I'd rather be warm than cold! will be coming back!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

Too expensive, and doesn't offer even a simple breakfast.

Pretty grim. The dorm stank and was so over-heated that I was sweating all night and struggled to sleep. Dirty bathroom with a moldy shower curtain and hairs & grime around the bath & washbasin. Dents in the bathroom door, apparently from someone trying to kick it in. Check-in took half an hour and our key fobs couldn't be activated. My friend was allocated a dorm that was full, as she found out when someone came back to find her in their bed (the only empty one when we arrived) at 5am.

Just awesome hostel. This was my second stay in YHA and they are just amazing. Friendly staff, nice and cozy rooms, reading lights at bed, power outlet for each bed and clean bathroom.

Looked a bit imposing as we drove up but inside it is a lovely, clean, modern hostel. Great location - very short walk to city centre and free parking at the hostel was very handy for us!

Not having free Wi-Fi is a downer, but the guy in reception told me they'll be switching to free Wi-Fi next year. Location is good, walking distance from everything in Liverpool, and not so expensive as more central hostels.

It's an alright place. Staff is perfectly fine, though don't go out of their way to chat. Very clean, with a well-stocked kitchen, and very safe. Not much in the way of atmosphere. Paid breakfast is too expensive for its quality, as is the rest of the food in the hostel restaurant. Out of the 7 hostels I went to throughout my month-long trip, this was the only one without free wi-fi, and that really stinks. It was fine, but would probably try a different place next time.

Love your hostel , your people, your city, LIVERPOOL FOREVER, like the Beatles, and I recommend your servicer all places I "ll go. Kisses for you all, fellows!

The hostel was ok. The linen on the bed was fresh. There were things lying around in the room even though we were the first ones to check into the room. The location is not the best, you have to walk a bit to get to the city centre and the train station. We payed quite a lot for the night and in comparison to other hostels they offer nothing for free. It does not have the typical hostel atmosphere, it felt more like a school trip to us. But all in all ok for a short term stay.

showerroom was samll and mouldy. breakfast is too expensive in a hostel.

Very clean and nice hostel. stuff was very friendly. Small minus that you have to pay extra for the wi-fi if u r not a member.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Ukraine

Great staff, my dorm had a private toilet and a towel warmer.