YHA Liverpool Reviews

25 Tabley Street, off Wapping, Merseyside , L1 8EE, Liverpool, England

I was in room 201 this time,which was'nt facing the main road-not that it would concern me. The person in the bunk above me kept everyone else awake by snoring-ironically he was the only person that slept well;i certainly did'nt and i dont think the others did either. That aside,had an enjoyable stay and would stay here again.

It is a good hostel, location is excellent... But you have to pay for Wi-Fi. Pay per hour or pay for a membership 7 pounds per year (?). I went last year to Liverpool and the hostel was terrible, but they offer Wi-Fi. Next year I will search for another hostel with free internet. Unfortunately, the only negative point is this one, but it's enough for to try somewhere else.

The staff does not help you, when you ask for some places to visit in the city they only give you a map and repeat the same two or three places all the time. THEY DO NOT HAVE WI FI INCLUDED, you have to be member of a group that if you only go a few nights it does not have sense.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Argentina

It's a decent hostel, but it's not worth the really good star rating it's given. This is clearly due to the location (which is fantastic), but the hostel is let down by poor maintenance (need a facelift, as the saying goes!) and poor facilities. The shower/Bathroom was pretty rubbish, and the breakfast was worth nowhere near the £4.99 charged. It's a shame. It could be a lot better, but needs some TLC!

• 8th Apr 2014

The hostel is a really far walk from the bus station but is close to the sights. The staff are really helpful

Really poor value for money. Poor location made it feel unsafe for a single female traveller walking at night. No communal areas were pointed out (don't know if any exist) so nowhere to socialize or even sit down and eat. Cold in room, slept beside large window with no security bar. Have stayed in much, much nicer places in the UK for less money. Worst of all NO FREE INTERNET and an exorbitant fee to use it. Will not be using another YHA and do not recommend this place at all.

My friends and I went there for about 24h , we were welcomed with a very friendly staff who were very helpful. My one friend stayed in but me and my other one went out for a night of beatles life. there was an amazing beatles cover band playing at the club Tue beatles became famous from. so over all we did bot spend much time there in the hostel but I loved the time I got to spend there and would definitely stay there again. the staff at night was also so helpful they called a cab for us early

The hostel should prepare FREE wifi for all the customers so that especially foreigner customer can have access to Internet in order to plan their journey!