YHA Liverpool Reviews

25 Tabley Street, off Wapping, Merseyside , L1 8EE, Liverpool, England

The hostel is a bit old and wifi is so weak. but it is clean and located near albert dock. Also staffs are very nice and friendly. Also the price is really good

• 17th May 2015
  • Thailand

This hostel is the cleanest and nicest looking hostel I've stayed in. My biggest complaint is that the age range of people was very odd. There were older adults in my room and tons of young children staying in a dorm down the hall. The older folk made us younger people uncomfortable and the children were so noisy. Anyways. Great location and nice place, but weird experience/vibe/people.

• 6th May 2015

A decent hostel, with a good location situated between Albert Docks and the city centre. A bit of a walk from the train stations, but not horrible. Decent beds, nice and helpful staff. Not very atmospheric, but a decent place to stay if you don't need more than a warm bed at night!

The hostel is well located and the accomodation is ok! The problem was that there was no plug near the bed.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at so far! The decorations on the walls were great. The location was close to everything I wanted to do. There was a lot of things to see around the docks and surrounding area. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

The YHA is located near the Tate and other museums and only a fifteen to twenty minute walk from central Liverpool, so is a bargain when it comes to price (at least mid-week). However, internet only works in the common areas, so if there are a lot of people staying, it can be difficult to find space to use it. The bathroom I had access to could also use with updating - the shower was quite grotty and didn't feel the cleanest

I was very unhappy with the staff there as they did not inform me about the id and it does not say anything in hostel world terms and conditions yes its relitivley cheap but there are far better hostel in liverpool than yha as staff was rude and when i was told a bank card i sufficent id i went to get it and came back then was told it was 2 so i didnt stay wud not reccomend to anyone...!!!!

• 10th Mar 2015

You get 3 pounds off here with yha membership. Really great place to stay. Paul s was lovely

Will stay again if your a yha member you save 3 pounds a night

the room was very clean and we got plenty of space.

The room was very big, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was nice and cleane. Staff is very friendly. It takes around 15 minutes to get to the centre of the city, but the hostel is calm.

Very nice members of staff, helpful and always a smile on their faces. The bed was comfortable too, the temperature in the room was a bit too warm, but I'd rather be warm than cold! will be coming back!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

Staff were very friendly and accomadating

Too expensive, and doesn't offer even a simple breakfast.

Pretty grim. The dorm stank and was so over-heated that I was sweating all night and struggled to sleep. Dirty bathroom with a moldy shower curtain and hairs & grime around the bath & washbasin. Dents in the bathroom door, apparently from someone trying to kick it in. Check-in took half an hour and our key fobs couldn't be activated. My friend was allocated a dorm that was full, as she found out when someone came back to find her in their bed (the only empty one when we arrived) at 5am.

Just awesome hostel. This was my second stay in YHA and they are just amazing. Friendly staff, nice and cozy rooms, reading lights at bed, power outlet for each bed and clean bathroom.

Looked a bit imposing as we drove up but inside it is a lovely, clean, modern hostel. Great location - very short walk to city centre and free parking at the hostel was very handy for us!