YHA Liverpool Reviews

25 Tabley Street, off Wapping, Merseyside , L1 8EE, Liverpool, England

Not the cleanest or most comfortable place I've stayed. The rooms were too hot even with the windows open so I didn't get much sleep. A bit of a walk out of the city.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Good value, spacious and clean rooms, friendly staff. Guests should consider bringing earplugs- as the hostel is 'family friendly' there are plenty of rowdy kids around who will disrupt your sleep! I wasn't impressed at the ridiculous costs for Internet in dorm rooms - it doesn't encourage me to join YHA! Otherwise a great hostel :)

I absolutely loved this hostel! The location is perfect you'll do everything walking! The staff was awesome! I'd recommend this hostel to everyone!

The staff really could not do enough to help me with my stay. The bed was the best I've experienced in any hostel. The only suggestion I would make would be for the breakfast hours to start a bit earlier.

It is not convenient that there is no wifi access in the dorm.

Everything was great, apart from very noisy guys in the room opposite, shouting, singing and slamming doors at all hours on Friday night. Obviously not the hostel's fault. Spacy room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom , friendly staff. And very goos price for the weekend. Location is close to Albert Dock and a great pub called Baltic Fleet. About 15 minutes walk from Lime Street railway station. Not a mad non-stop party youth hostel, but that suited me perfectly. I will definitely come back.

We only stayed one night in YHA Liverpool and we were rather surprised with the security surrounding it. We went out for the night returning rather early in the morning and it was surprisingly very rowdy and loud so sleeping was not an option. So if you want to sleep over the weekend prepare for a lack of sleep.

Very comfortable hostel, en-suite bathrooms for each room (~4-6 occupants) with proper showers. Medium sized cupboards available for locking your belongings, but you must bring your own lock. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

• 28th May 2015

Soo many hen parties......

The hostel is a bit old and wifi is so weak. but it is clean and located near albert dock. Also staffs are very nice and friendly. Also the price is really good

This hostel is the cleanest and nicest looking hostel I've stayed in. My biggest complaint is that the age range of people was very odd. There were older adults in my room and tons of young children staying in a dorm down the hall. The older folk made us younger people uncomfortable and the children were so noisy. Anyways. Great location and nice place, but weird experience/vibe/people.

• 6th May 2015

A decent hostel, with a good location situated between Albert Docks and the city centre. A bit of a walk from the train stations, but not horrible. Decent beds, nice and helpful staff. Not very atmospheric, but a decent place to stay if you don't need more than a warm bed at night!

The hostel is well located and the accomodation is ok! The problem was that there was no plug near the bed.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at so far! The decorations on the walls were great. The location was close to everything I wanted to do. There was a lot of things to see around the docks and surrounding area. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

The YHA is located near the Tate and other museums and only a fifteen to twenty minute walk from central Liverpool, so is a bargain when it comes to price (at least mid-week). However, internet only works in the common areas, so if there are a lot of people staying, it can be difficult to find space to use it. The bathroom I had access to could also use with updating - the shower was quite grotty and didn't feel the cleanest

I was very unhappy with the staff there as they did not inform me about the id and it does not say anything in hostel world terms and conditions yes its relitivley cheap but there are far better hostel in liverpool than yha as staff was rude and when i was told a bank card i sufficent id i went to get it and came back then was told it was 2 so i didnt stay wud not reccomend to anyone...!!!!

• 10th Mar 2015

You get 3 pounds off here with yha membership. Really great place to stay. Paul s was lovely

Will stay again if your a yha member you save 3 pounds a night

the room was very clean and we got plenty of space.

The room was very big, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was nice and cleane. Staff is very friendly. It takes around 15 minutes to get to the centre of the city, but the hostel is calm.