YHA Liverpool Reviews

25 Tabley Street, off Wapping, Merseyside , L1 8EE, Liverpool, England

The location of the hostel is really good, close to the harbor and in walking distance with the city center. The staffs were really nice and helpful. Besides I think the facilities of room can be improved: the cleanness of the carpet, the ventilator or something to help the room have more air (esp. when you are in the dorm of 6-8 people)

The only big problem are windows that should be open more that that are now. Six persons in the room, to smelly. Liek army. I knpw that this the securites code...but you should find a way to airate rooms (naturally, withou air concition) properly

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

Really nice place!!

Good hostel. Location ok. Very clean. Self catering kitchen. Discount with HI member card. But no wifi in the rooms... Only wifi in the lobby/common area. If you go 1m outside, you loose it. Come on, just buy another router please! No free breakfast like every other hostel in uk. Instead they offer a breakfast for 6 pounds...

Has no further comments of the hostel since they are much pretty standard everywhere. However, the staff has no knowledge of place. During my stay at the hostel, I wanted to go and get a ferry ticket to Dublin, so I asked the staff for information and she doesn't know and just direct me to the ferry terminal nearby(wrong one).

I don't think it's much the hostel can do about it, but the atmosphere and vibes weren't great, not many people socialising and my room was filled with old people :/ but the hostel itself is fine, relatively clean, safe, good location and the staff were helpful enough.

• 21st Jul 2015

Had a really good time. great location , friendly staff. Only drawback was that they were no mop and mop bucket in the bathroom. We went with our children and showertime resulted in too much water on the floor. However, the staff dealt with it very quickly. It was a very relax atmosphere and I will definitely go back again and again and will also try other YHA across the country.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

This place is fantastic! The staff are excellent, very nice and helpful. I left a cell phone behind, and they kept it safe for me and assisted me to have it mailed back when I realized I left it behind. The night staff are extremely entertaining! The facility is clean. Easy walk to central Liverpool. Free parking as we had a car. Wi-fi only works in the lobby though. Paid breakfast, but it looked decent. We brought our own food.

THE FRIENDLIEST STAFF I'VE NEVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. GREAT PLACE!!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Uruguay

It's such a nice place to stay the night, very clean, modern and very well located. The staff kind and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Not the cleanest or most comfortable place I've stayed. The rooms were too hot even with the windows open so I didn't get much sleep. A bit of a walk out of the city.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Good value, spacious and clean rooms, friendly staff. Guests should consider bringing earplugs- as the hostel is 'family friendly' there are plenty of rowdy kids around who will disrupt your sleep! I wasn't impressed at the ridiculous costs for Internet in dorm rooms - it doesn't encourage me to join YHA! Otherwise a great hostel :)

One of the best hostels I have had the privilege to stay at. I was very impressed by the service i received.

I absolutely loved this hostel! The location is perfect you'll do everything walking! The staff was awesome! I'd recommend this hostel to everyone!

Nice staff, good location, good value for money. Recommend staying here.

The staff really could not do enough to help me with my stay. The bed was the best I've experienced in any hostel. The only suggestion I would make would be for the breakfast hours to start a bit earlier.

It is not convenient that there is no wifi access in the dorm.

Everything was great, apart from very noisy guys in the room opposite, shouting, singing and slamming doors at all hours on Friday night. Obviously not the hostel's fault. Spacy room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom , friendly staff. And very goos price for the weekend. Location is close to Albert Dock and a great pub called Baltic Fleet. About 15 minutes walk from Lime Street railway station. Not a mad non-stop party youth hostel, but that suited me perfectly. I will definitely come back.

We only stayed one night in YHA Liverpool and we were rather surprised with the security surrounding it. We went out for the night returning rather early in the morning and it was surprisingly very rowdy and loud so sleeping was not an option. So if you want to sleep over the weekend prepare for a lack of sleep.

Very comfortable hostel, en-suite bathrooms for each room (~4-6 occupants) with proper showers. Medium sized cupboards available for locking your belongings, but you must bring your own lock. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

• 28th May 2015