YHA Liverpool Reviews

25 Tabley Street, off Wapping, Merseyside , L1 8EE, Liverpool, England

Looked a bit imposing as we drove up but inside it is a lovely, clean, modern hostel. Great location - very short walk to city centre and free parking at the hostel was very handy for us!

Not having free Wi-Fi is a downer, but the guy in reception told me they'll be switching to free Wi-Fi next year. Location is good, walking distance from everything in Liverpool, and not so expensive as more central hostels.

It's an alright place. Staff is perfectly fine, though don't go out of their way to chat. Very clean, with a well-stocked kitchen, and very safe. Not much in the way of atmosphere. Paid breakfast is too expensive for its quality, as is the rest of the food in the hostel restaurant. Out of the 7 hostels I went to throughout my month-long trip, this was the only one without free wi-fi, and that really stinks. It was fine, but would probably try a different place next time.

Love your hostel , your people, your city, LIVERPOOL FOREVER, like the Beatles, and I recommend your servicer all places I "ll go. Kisses for you all, fellows!

The hostel was ok. The linen on the bed was fresh. There were things lying around in the room even though we were the first ones to check into the room. The location is not the best, you have to walk a bit to get to the city centre and the train station. We payed quite a lot for the night and in comparison to other hostels they offer nothing for free. It does not have the typical hostel atmosphere, it felt more like a school trip to us. But all in all ok for a short term stay.

showerroom was samll and mouldy. breakfast is too expensive in a hostel.

Very clean and nice hostel. stuff was very friendly. Small minus that you have to pay extra for the wi-fi if u r not a member.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Ukraine

Great staff, my dorm had a private toilet and a towel warmer.

Paid for the four room with en-suite was brilliant for the night. Make sure you take a hand towel and soap though.

This place was disgusting!! On the other side of the city, took over 30 mins to walk to and with a very heavy bag it was exhausting. The whole place looks like it hasn't been touched since it was built, possibly 20 years ago! It smelt and looked like a nursing home and I think I was the youngest guest by at least 30 years. The bathrooms and corridors where horrible, moldy, dirty and scraped and scratched everywhere. Paper thin walls, lots of traffic from the main street outside, loud staff too