YHA London Central Reviews

104-108 Bolsover St, London, England

Staff were friendly enough but English of the man who checked me in wasn't brilliant so it took 20 minutes - not good when you're in a rush! There should be signs placed around the hostel explaining general rules - like not waking up fellow hostel guests when your in a dorm - the girls I was in a 6 bed dorm were up at 7am having set multiple alarms! They switched all the lights on and chatted loudly - even though there were 2 of us who weren't part of their group.

• 17th Jul 2015

Very nice and convenient hostel

Positives: Great location, walking distance to Oxford Street and train stations. There were also lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. The facilities are clean and he beds were really comfortable. The 4.99 continental breakfast is great value and the pizzas were delicious. There is a beauty room with straighteners and hairdryers. Negatives All four washing machines were broken although there is a Laundromat a few streets away. Wifi wasn't available in the rooms atleast the one we stayed in.

Great staff, very friendly and helpful! =)

• 30th Jun 2015

Great location. Stayed in a four bed dorm. Very small, but I really appreciated the charging points and lights at each bed. Biggest downfall - no wifi in rooms. Wifi is vital when traveling and unfortunately it could only be accessed in the reception/cafe. Whilst it's a nice place to hang and is open all night, it was particularly irritating not being able to access it in the rooms.

The place was clean and great. Only wish is for internet to work throughout the building.

• 17th Jun 2015

laundey facility has stopped, Everything was really good except that. Thank you

The staff are friendly and helpful. The only problem is that the wifi cannot be connected in my room. Besides, it would be better if every bed can be equipped with a curtain, which helps for good sleep and privacy.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • China

Toowarm in the rooms with no air conditioning, but overall nice safe, conveniently located place. I'd come back.

Had a great time on this hostel. Lovely staff. Funny sundays nights. Room was always clean and tidy lovely atmosfere

• 18th May 2015
  • Portugal

Clean and in good location. Chargers above each bed which was nice as well as lockers in each room. One of the bigger common areas, staff was helpful, would stay again.

Great if you just want a bed to sleep on. The staff was not inviting and just hands you a map and says what you want to see is on there. Construction noises right next to the hostel was not fantastic because of the early starts in the morning. The wifi only works on the bottom and basement floors. However, it did not always work, even in those designated areas. I'm glad we were meeting other friends from London because not an atmosphere to meet others at the hostel.

I've been here several times already, but the last two times were ...different. First time my friend and i couldn't sleep because we hear the subway near the walls and the last time, we have a nice bedroom, without window and without air conditioner... so it was IMPOSSIBLE to sleep at all.... everything else was amazing, as usual :D the breakfast is awesome!

I stay here once a year,its clean and tidy,staff are helpful and friendly,good for familys to lads weekend away.Location is a 10-15 min walk from Euston.Less than £10 to Covent Gardens. 2 pizzas and 4 beers £20...cheapest place in London.😆 Always a hassel free stay.Thank you.

Great staff - warm check in form the guy behind the desk. Room was good and nice and clean with good showers. great breakfast and overall a very positive experience. Definately coming back

Friendly staff and even the guests that were there during my stay was just as friendly. I'm South African and met two Italian brothers who were also on vacation and we ended up touring our last days in London together.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Overall Good experience. Convenient to Underground and grocery store. Wifi did not work in room only in common area.

Great hostel. We were perfectly welcomed by the staff and slept very well. Nice situation, beautiful hostel, very clean, everything worked very well. More over we enjoyed a great 3 hours free tour of London with a nice and lovely guide!

It was a good experience for the night. Really close to subway! We were originally suppose to stay there two nights but our flight got delayed and we missed our second flight. I called to inform them of this, and it just really sucked that we still had to pay for two nights even though we only stayed in London for 16 hours. However, the hostel was very clean and secure!

• 9th Apr 2015

I had a wonderful time staying at this hostel especially for my first time staying in any hostel, everyone was so friendly, it was so close to the centre and the beds were super comfy! Highly recommend it!

• 9th Apr 2015