YHA London Central Reviews

104-108 Bolsover St, London, England

I've stayed several times at yha , this one was by far the worse... heating in the room didn't work, shower was constantly flooding ... Very bad maintenance ...not sure if I'll go back to that hostel... :(

I just arrived from Sydney and was exhausted , I asked several times was there any chance I could get a bed before 2pm and I kept getting the same response , the rooms are gender specific, but unfortunately they are not age discriminatory so I ended up with two elderly men in my room with made plenty of noise and were loud snorers ,very simple solution , put all the older clientele who are obviously not "youth" or backpacers into one room ! There were also mice in the kitchen in peoples food !!

The staff were helpful throughout. When I reported that my bunk's electrical socket was not working it was fixed that day, ready for my return in the evening.

• 27th Jan 2016

Excellent Location, friendly staff, Shame about the Wifi, it wasn't working for us and when we asked other guests if they were having the same problem they agreed. It also doesn't connect in Bedrooms which is essential for any hostel these days. All in All its a cool hostel, great location and selection of food available to purchase just a shame about the wifi!

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Great place to stay and really central to everything. Eight-bed rooms were tight though had everything you needed. Set-up in main area meant it was hard to generate atmosphere and the sheer number of doors was ridiculously frustrating but probably a necessity. Otherwise was a great place to stay. If you're looking for a party hostel look elsewhere. But if you somewhere comfortable, this is it. Also thanks to the staff with letting me use the phone to deal with Immigration.

If there had been more bathroom facilities it would have been better, but it is a hostel. I am not complaining

• 19th Jan 2016

Very superb and awesome

I only really stopped over here, but it was really annoying that there was wifi only in the common room downstairs. On the plus side though, they have pretty good food

Decent clean hostel with comfortable beds and good lockers, plenty of power plugs. Did make much use of the facilities and did my own thing so don't know much about the atmosphere

Stayed for one night, atmosphere was great, comfortable beds, showers were hot. No complaints!

I did not feel this hostel achieved its value. The wifi didn't work for 2 days and does not reach the rooms so you must sit in a crowded cafe to do any internet calling or using the web. I reserved a 4 bed female dorm with ensuite bath, and for the price I feel it should come with a towel if you are paying for an en suite bathroom. The bathroom light was turned on by a sensor and kept turning off even when occupied (on the toilet, in the shower, etc.).

• 1st Jan 2016

Wifi is only available in the lobby, no wifi in our room.

Wifi did not work during 3 days. Once it was fixed the signal on the room was very bad.

The hostel was really nice, the only problem was that the shower inside the private 4 bed dorm was a mess, it was spreading water all over the bathroom and it was going to the room too. Fixing it would avoid lots of problems!

It's my favorite accommodation place in central London with excellent hospitality. Asaad

Shame wifi was not working. For the rest, excellent stay

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Spain

No wifi, cold rooms, broke radiator, broken toilet

Best place in London . Will definitely come back .

Great Hostel but really wish you would stop the cooked breakfast as it is very poor quality and a good bowl of porridge with tea and toast would be much more fulfilling and easier for the Hostel to prepare. I remember when you use to provide porridge and it was very much appreciated. This is not a critiscm as I love the Hostel but miss the porridge in the morning and to be honest the cooked breakfast is not very good. Many thanks.

The location was very good, about 7 minutes away from Oxford St. Beds were clean and comfy. The kitchen and reception areas were nice and well equipped. The showers (both in my room and in the corridors) were not great. The water accumulates and gets everywhere, even if you are careful. Also some plugs in the beds were not working. I would stay again though.