YHA London Central Reviews

104-108 Bolsover St, London, England

Great hostel. We were perfectly welcomed by the staff and slept very well. Nice situation, beautiful hostel, very clean, everything worked very well. More over we enjoyed a great 3 hours free tour of London with a nice and lovely guide!

It was a good experience for the night. Really close to subway! We were originally suppose to stay there two nights but our flight got delayed and we missed our second flight. I called to inform them of this, and it just really sucked that we still had to pay for two nights even though we only stayed in London for 16 hours. However, the hostel was very clean and secure!

• 9th Apr 2015

I had a wonderful time staying at this hostel especially for my first time staying in any hostel, everyone was so friendly, it was so close to the centre and the beds were super comfy! Highly recommend it!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

The location was fairly good - located on a very quiet street. You can walk to places like West End, Bond/Oxford Street and Westminster, but this will take up to 30 minutes. About 10-15 minutes from the nearest tube station. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the downstairs lounge. The ensuite toilet and room was clean! The beds were comfortable. Overall, I was quite happy with my stay (3 nights).

I had a very nice stay. The place was cean and the staff helpful. The locaion was also good. Would recommend.

I choose this hostel because it was in a quite street but at each floor just outside the lift, doors where a boom in the night. I do not understand, how it can advertised as a quite area whereas in the night is impossible to have a good night sleep. Probably you sleep 3/4 hours. I would say. Quite area but noisy hostel

Wish wasn't so much extra charges, for example baggage storage, towel, breakfast etc. Been to many other hostels and was never an issue. Tho the location is great!

very nice hostel,..bed & shower( ensuite) was very good ...clean ,silent @ night, good atmosphere...

Excellent place, will definitely stop by again. The only negative is that the WiFi was rather bad; slow and didn't work in the rooms.

I thought it was a great place to stay for the weekend. The staff was pretty knowledgeable about different things to do in London aside from one of the female desk helps. Every thing was pretty clean and I thought the location was great as it was pretty close to about four different Underground stations.

• 6th Mar 2015

I loved everything, except that there wasn't Wi-Fi in the rooms!

The hostel is great except for the bathroom in the female ensuite room. It was kinda flooding, inform the staff that there could be so drainage problem because the water dont get drained off properly. but not much action was taken other than cleaning them up.

Especially good thing accommodation atmosphere is really good compared to other hostels. I may be lucky, but it was good to see roommate as well as the first truly good people in it being able to exchange with each other, such as open-minded as a tourist greeted each other in the hostel. I had a little episode after checkout, hostel staff was struggling trying to solve my problems were solved well in the end to end issues. The long remain in my memory hostel. Thanks :)

very good

Even though the facilities were great, the dorm I stayed in for the 1st night had a major problem: an air com blasting straight towards my bed. I suppose the lower beds in the bunks were OK but I had an awful night. I asked to be moved to another dorm for the 2nd night and the staff was very helpful. In the 2nd dorm there was no air con (thank God, I wouldn't have survived a 2nd night). Apart from the ac, it was one of the best hostels I’ve ever stayed in.

This hostel was in a great location to get around. The neighborhood was quiet and safe, but close to where all the fun was. I would definitely recommend this hostel

• 12th Feb 2015

Staff was very usefull and nice, the offer for the breakfast was conveniant and good, internet is really expensive, 1 pound for 20 minutes of navigation

I was very pleased with the hostel in general. If wifi was available in the rooms too, that'll be great. Nevertheless I feel very angry because I hardly slept a wink. Some people with whom you share room have no consideration, so we have to put up with their comings and goings, phones ringing, alarms going off every few minutes for long periods of time, plastic bags being handle, luggages being made, lights on,... Much of this can be avoided with a little care and attention. We pay to sleep.

The room lockers could have been taller (for hanging suits). A little outside noise (not sure if they're double glazed) ? Not hot full English breakfasts :( Left luggage room a bit chaotic !) However, its a brilliant hostel and well worth staying if you want to see London !

My favourite hostel for short stays in central London. The staff are excellent - friendly, helpful and patient regardless of how busy they are. Lots of interesting travelers to chat to. Good facilities for self-catering.