YHA London Central Reviews

104-108 Bolsover St, London, England

Stayed here for 1 night for easy access to oxford st before flying to Sweden in the afternoon. Really good location for this! 2 supermarkets located really close to the hostel, 10 min walk to oxford st and 10mins to train. Very clean and safe hostel and staff are friendly. Only annoyance is having to pay for wifi if you're not a YHA member. Accommodates to all ages and families so if you're looking for a majority backpackers place I wouldn't recommend it. That said I would stay here again.

All was Great. We wish that you could have a small table in the room. And we think that you must inform that wifi only could be used downstairs in The reception. We wanted it for the children so they could watch tv in The room. We felt cheated on our money.

Very good hostel. Good location (near 2 tube stations), Good bar. Nice kitchen. I just can't understand why we have to pay to use Wi-Fi.

It was my group's first hostel experience. We enjoyed our stay very much. The location is great, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They always seemed to try their best to help. It is a bit overpriced compared to what you get, because you have to pay extra for breakfast. We had a 4 bed privet ensuite, which was very small. The toilet/bathroom was big enough for one person, but if you took a shower it was very suffocating.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Israel

The staff was very helpful for providing information on places to go throughout the city!

No breakfast provided - you must pay if you want it. . Most hostels the world over include a free breakfast. Considering the high tariff charged it should be included. Why not here?

Stayed at yha for 3 nights. Hostel is in a good location, and staff are helpful in regards to sight seeing information. There was a lot of children and families at this hostel which took away from the hostel atmosphere. The cafe/bar was great with a selection of items to chose from the menu day and night. A major downfall was the shower head and the fact of having to pay for wifi which can only being accessed in the lobby. These are only minor issues in comparison.

Big hostel, great location, good facilities and very friendly staff.

we were very happy to be in your hostel. All was perfect

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I didn't like the shower. It was very small. The light close to my bed didn't work.

It was a really pleasant stay at the hostel. The only thing that was really not worth the money was the breakfast!

• 25th Jul 2014

A good Hostel. I went solo on the trip, and had a 6 people ensuite room on floor 1. Location - 5-7 Minutes from a tube station, plus close to Oxford Circus which also has a station, shops, and food stores. Atmosphere - The Acheilles heel of the Hostel. Families, older people (40 and above), groups od school children basically mean you need the evening Pub Crawl (which is great if you find a good group) or tours to meet/befriend new people. Facilities - Only 2 washing machines.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel. Staff were friendly, it's in a good location and it's nice and clean. Top marks.

Nice hostel and good value for money. Only downside for me was that you have to pay for the internet access, when in the streets it s full of free wifi s.

I was so impressed with everything-being a more mature person!! I wondered what to expect and only found friendliness and a feeling of being very welcome-the hostel seems to have thought of everything someone would need. Well done-I will certainly book again.

• 10th Jul 2014

Location was fantastic. Staff weren't very helpful. We asked for directions and they sent us in completely the wrong place and our shower was flooding everywhere and it took them ages to have it fixed. Other than that it was a good place to stay

Great location

The best thing about this hostel was the location. The staff were unresponsive to concerns about noise levels in the room. There seemed to be no common consideration on the part of many guests for others. The bathroom, unfortunately, smelled strongly of urine.

• 24th Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever been!!!. Great located, so nice instalations and very friendly and helpfull stuff. I'll repeat for sure

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I found the hostel to be a friendly and welcoming place which always had lots of people around the bar/reception area. The staff were friendly and informative, and the location is good as long as you don't mind a bit of walking. Goodge St is the nearest tube station but I found myself doing a lot of walking as Oxford Street and Leicester Sq are in walking distance (30 mins max to Leicester Square).