YHA London Central Reviews

104-108 Bolsover St, London, England

The hostel is great except for the bathroom in the female ensuite room. It was kinda flooding, inform the staff that there could be so drainage problem because the water dont get drained off properly. but not much action was taken other than cleaning them up.

Even though the facilities were great, the dorm I stayed in for the 1st night had a major problem: an air com blasting straight towards my bed. I suppose the lower beds in the bunks were OK but I had an awful night. I asked to be moved to another dorm for the 2nd night and the staff was very helpful. In the 2nd dorm there was no air con (thank God, I wouldn't have survived a 2nd night). Apart from the ac, it was one of the best hostels I’ve ever stayed in.

This hostel was in a great location to get around. The neighborhood was quiet and safe, but close to where all the fun was. I would definitely recommend this hostel

• 12th Feb 2015

Staff was very usefull and nice, the offer for the breakfast was conveniant and good, internet is really expensive, 1 pound for 20 minutes of navigation

I was very pleased with the hostel in general. If wifi was available in the rooms too, that'll be great. Nevertheless I feel very angry because I hardly slept a wink. Some people with whom you share room have no consideration, so we have to put up with their comings and goings, phones ringing, alarms going off every few minutes for long periods of time, plastic bags being handle, luggages being made, lights on,... Much of this can be avoided with a little care and attention. We pay to sleep.

The room lockers could have been taller (for hanging suits). A little outside noise (not sure if they're double glazed) ? Not hot full English breakfasts :( Left luggage room a bit chaotic !) However, its a brilliant hostel and well worth staying if you want to see London !

My favourite hostel for short stays in central London. The staff are excellent - friendly, helpful and patient regardless of how busy they are. Lots of interesting travelers to chat to. Good facilities for self-catering.

A very good hostel, however, the bathroom could do with a renovation and some of the staff weren't very knowledgeable.

여기 완전 좋았어요. 장소 찾는게 조금 어려웠어요. 입구가 도로 쪽에 있는 줄 알았는데 골목 쪽에 있어서 좀 빙빙 돌아야해서 ㅜㅜ 5파운드 짜리 아침보다는 그냥 밖에 나가면 pre in manger 도 있으니 거기서 먹기를 바랍니다 It was really nice. I want to use this place one more.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Spotty wifi only in the lobby, was there for four nights and the bathroom did not appear to be cleaned in that time

The best thing I think is that you don't have to make your beds--sometimes it could be quite annoying to your roommates. Very convenient spot--within 10min to the nearest tube station--but sometimes you get to hear noises in the room (due to the tube, I suppose,) not a big problem to me though.

Great location, walking distance to Oxford Street and West End, and lots of different Tube lines nearby. Bed was good, shower was nice. The temperature in the hostel however, was like being in an old Eastern European hotel (no offence meant): just too hot!

• 9th Jan 2015

The place is no exactly what you can see in the pictures here in the website. Rooms are really small. You pay extra for breakfast and they only offer you toast and cereal. It's very noisy cause there are building in construction right beside the hostel. Some of staff was nice. I remember the manager was really nice and also this guy from Portugal. Internet is free now but it only works at the reception. Location is the best part. But I definitely wouldn't stay there again.

Having stayed at over 150 hostels, I can honestly say that this is one of the best! Great location; very secure; good atmosphere; very clean. Only downside was a cold shower one morning and temperamental wifi (likely attributable to a large number of ignorant people streaming movies to their laptops)

The hostel is nice enough. Thought for the price that breakfast should have been included. Breakfast was an added extra but who would pay 5 pounds when a Sainsbury's meal deal is only 3 pounds. The wifi was absolutely horrendous and couldn't even load facebook. Also for some bizarre reason everyone in the room had a powerpoint to charge their phone and camera except for me which was quite frustrating.

I ony wrote good for atmosphere as I wasn't there long enough to get a feel for it but from what I saw it was good. Everything else was perfect. Beds comfy, room clean, bar area nice and good prices for alcohol as in Central London. I would def stay there again :-)

• 23rd Dec 2014

Great place with everything a traveler would need! The only thing was that they allow older people and they put me in a room with an elder lady. She was nice, but not really in hostel spirit, you know? But my experience there was very good and it set my hostel standards pretty high!

• 15th Dec 2014

No complaints here. These guys were great. Big area to chill with wifi and couches. Staff are helpful and friendly. 24 hours reception. Loads of additional facilities. Clean rooms. Central location. Lots of people, but you can chill if need be. Cheers YWA

• 11th Dec 2014

I was happy of my stay the first time, 5 years ago. This time, I was not so impressed anymore. The have a chance to improve on things like the size of the kitchen, the number of fridges available for the guests and such, but they haven't. And the beds are not comfortable. Probably 30 inches wide maximum, and soft, soft, soft. Like an army bed. The room was smelly too. This hostel is good for kids, IMHO. But because its in London, its a cheap alternative. So what else can you do?

I have a very positive impression of this hostel. And the location is absolutely good, near to Oxford St and Soho. Simply perfect. I'd come back without any doubt.

« first « Prev 1 2 3