YHA London Central Reviews

104-108 Bolsover St, London, England

Staff were hopeless! Asked them about several tours they were advertising and they didn't know the details!! Had to pay for WiFi. That sucked. And it didn't work in the rooms.

The entire experience would have been improved with the addition of a few more bathrooms, shower areas. The bathrooms/showers needed more attention to cleanliness. Internet access was expensive, at one pound per 20 minutes. There were problems with the internet as well, so that after you paid the money the internet was still sketchy. The food was good, if you needed to eat there.

Very nice hostel in a solid, not great location. Probably 20 minutes to Piccadilly Circus. They had a bar - 4 beers for 10 pounds which is good, but limited bottle selection for the deal. Also had pizza and other food pretty cheap. They allow children to stay there which was a major turnoff for us. Wouldn't stay there again for that reason alone. They had deals on things to do which was convenient. Room was nice but not huge - we had an en-suite. Shower was TINY. Place was clean. Overall solid

We had a 4-bed-privare room. I missed towels! It is a pity, that one has to rent them.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Very nice, clean, centrally located. Would have liked free wifi.

it would be nice if the padlocks are for free

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Wi Fi was not available, not fixed in time :(

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Great location on a quiet street a short walk away from lots of great things. They have a nice little bar/cafe and a large kitchen in the basement. Only minor downside is having to pay for internet.

• 10th Apr 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights. The location is really convenient and the staff was really helpful. Good atmosphere and clean room ;) The only downside is that you need a member card to get the wifi.

The location of this hostel is amazing, really close to Oxford St. The rooms are very confortable and clean and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It's by far the best hostel I've stayed in London.

• 31st Mar 2014

An amazing hostel. Every time I returned back to the hostel the atmosphere was splendid. Good location. Between 5 or 10 minutos walking to Piccadilly. A Secure place, and Clean. Good kitchen. They DON'T HAVE FREE WI FI.

I think I have stayed 4 or 5 times in this hostel and as always I've been very happy. The staff were very pleasant and helpful too. I will be back !

very clean and staff very helpful. nice deals on attractions

• 12th Mar 2014

excellent location with a very helpful staff.

It was disgusting to offer free wifi only to members. Although everything was good, the stuff was cold. Although this hostel locates in almost central London, it is not close to a subway station.

The failities were very good, but the fact that the hostel charged you for wi fi and breakfast really spoiled my whole experience in London. The not free wi fi really bothered me because I was alone and I needed to arrange to meet people and I couldn't. Also it isn't a good place to meet people if you are alone, because they don't organise any events at the hostel. There was no party atmosphere at all.

Wifi 1 pound per 20 mins, ridiculous! Also when i asked for the Airport transfer, i was only told the most expensive way, didnt like that. also one is not allowed to bring beer to the hostel.. Have to buy it there, 3 pounds for a small beer. Apart from these points, good!

My place to stay when I visit London. Clean rooms, confortable beds and perfect location. Very noisy neighbours this time, but that's a matter of luck! Would go again for sure!

We stayed there this february for four nights. the hostel was great, and the kitchen facilities were really good. Tough, it didn't have wifi connection for free, and it was quite expensive to pay. we were really happy with the cleannes and with the bathroom facilities for a women's room.

Hostel was in a good location. Walked everywhere, barely had to use the underground because everything was a walking distance. It was noisy at night. The bathroom had a moldy smell, but its in a basement, so yeah. Cleaned daily at least. Upset though that my room wasn't what I had booked for, but i let that pass---would have liked to have been told before hand, than be surprised and an explanation would have been nice too. Also wifi only available in the lounge main floor.