YHA London Central Reviews

104-108 Bolsover St, London, England

The location of this hostel is amazing, really close to Oxford St. The rooms are very confortable and clean and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It's by far the best hostel I've stayed in London.

• 31st Mar 2014

An amazing hostel. Every time I returned back to the hostel the atmosphere was splendid. Good location. Between 5 or 10 minutos walking to Piccadilly. A Secure place, and Clean. Good kitchen. They DON'T HAVE FREE WI FI.

I think I have stayed 4 or 5 times in this hostel and as always I've been very happy. The staff were very pleasant and helpful too. I will be back !

very clean and staff very helpful. nice deals on attractions

• 12th Mar 2014

excellent location with a very helpful staff.

It was disgusting to offer free wifi only to members. Although everything was good, the stuff was cold. Although this hostel locates in almost central London, it is not close to a subway station.

The failities were very good, but the fact that the hostel charged you for wi fi and breakfast really spoiled my whole experience in London. The not free wi fi really bothered me because I was alone and I needed to arrange to meet people and I couldn't. Also it isn't a good place to meet people if you are alone, because they don't organise any events at the hostel. There was no party atmosphere at all.

Wifi 1 pound per 20 mins, ridiculous! Also when i asked for the Airport transfer, i was only told the most expensive way, didnt like that. also one is not allowed to bring beer to the hostel.. Have to buy it there, 3 pounds for a small beer. Apart from these points, good!

My place to stay when I visit London. Clean rooms, confortable beds and perfect location. Very noisy neighbours this time, but that's a matter of luck! Would go again for sure!

We stayed there this february for four nights. the hostel was great, and the kitchen facilities were really good. Tough, it didn't have wifi connection for free, and it was quite expensive to pay. we were really happy with the cleannes and with the bathroom facilities for a women's room.

Hostel was in a good location. Walked everywhere, barely had to use the underground because everything was a walking distance. It was noisy at night. The bathroom had a moldy smell, but its in a basement, so yeah. Cleaned daily at least. Upset though that my room wasn't what I had booked for, but i let that pass---would have liked to have been told before hand, than be surprised and an explanation would have been nice too. Also wifi only available in the lounge main floor.

Great place and excellent staff. Very good atmosphere. We really enjoyed our stay.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Excellent hostel in a nice location. Some YHA hostels no longer have kitchens but this one has, so that is a big plus. Wi-fi is free and there is a nice big lounge downstairs. Receptionist Tiina was very efficient. Top marks.

It is a good place to be but you have to pay for everything! Kitchen is nice, rooms, beds and showers are ok. Some members of the staff were nice others not so much. Great location! Close to the tube, Tesco, restaurants and Oxford and Regent Street.

i stayed here four days closeness to sightseeing spot,securities,were good but blanket and bed were not as good as location ans securities.

Hostel Staff were very helpful. Close to various places of attraction in London.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

We shared a 6 bed room and some nights where pretty noisy cause someone seemed to come very late or had to leave very early. ;-) You should do someting with the regulation of you heating system to save energy. I turned out the heat which was on 5 the whole day and the window was open to cool the room down ... and kept it out :-) yes, yes these germans ;-)

• 3rd Feb 2014

Fantastic location, right on the doorstep of st pauls cathedral, close to Tate modern and the south bank. Room and facilities were also great. Most of the staff were pleasant, one or two were just not bothered though. Would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel! Clean, enough space at the room, good bath. It's expensive, and there's a lot of extra costs, like paid internet(7,50) that doesn't work at the room, 2 pounds for towels, expensive food and not many good labels of beer.

I stayed on the top floor in a 6 bed female doorm. Very clean hostel (rooms, bathrooms etc). Always had hot water available. Heard no disturbing noise. The beds were okay, made a bit of noise but I was expecting it. There was decent free breakfast available. the location was superb just 3 min walk from an underground station (with 24/7 tesco shop right next to it). Would definitely stay again, thank you.

• 21st Jan 2014