YHA London Earls Court Reviews

38 Bolton Gardens, SW5 0AQ, London, England

Not my first stay there but overall place is okay but begining to show the wear and tear. Mainly just small things broken and have been for awhile. Understand its a busy hostel but is due for refit

Great hostel with a large, leafy courtyard at the rear. Only real problem were the SMALL fridges in the kitchen - totally inadequate for the number of guests wanting to self cater. (Even with no stale or outdated food!)

I was surprisingly pleased with my stay. I have never stayed in a Hostel before, and I had it pictured as a dirty place that smelled. It wasn't though. I found it to be very clean, and the staff surprisingly helpful. It was very close to the Underground ( just a 10 minute walk), and it was much cheaper than staying in a hotel. Anytime I'm traveling to Europe I will continue to stay in YHA Hostels because I had such a pleasant experience.

• 14th Jun 2014

Comfortable beds, easy to find. However the bathrooms on our floor smelt.

Good location.

• 26th May 2014
  • China

Great place to stay, the rooms are really spacious and well set up. The staff was really helpful and showed me good things to do in London and how to get there. The only downside was the bathrooms are about the size of an airplane bathroom and if your not a member they charge for Wifi.

The room for two is really small. I have been there 2 years ago, and the place was much better. Half of the things in the kitchen didn't work. The neightborhood is really nice, but not very central.

Not sure why there is only 1 power point in each room. But the room and storage area is big.

• 9th May 2014
  • Singapore

Both the hostel and staff were very good. I just wished I'd had wi fi internet for free.

It doesn't have internet (you should pay for that), neither breakfast included. But the staff are very helpful and helped me a lot extending my booking twice!

Stayed here several times when needing a stop over in London and its the devil you know.No complamints at all...so happy to return as always..s a single traveller

All good. Did the job for what we needed at short notice. Staff were super nice and helpful

• 17th Apr 2014

The hostel is very clean

We've stayed here before and because of its location we decided to go back. We got the same room as before and it was patched up a little. It needs a little more than a cover to fix the walls but at least they're trying. The toilets were still gross but I think that comes down to the number of guests. The only problem we did have was some trouble with the internet and the man on duty wasn't helpful at all. He just told us to wait for it to connect and buy more time if we ran out.

Very clean place, with kind and helpfull staff ! We got all the informations we need (a car park nearby for example) and didn't wasted any time, which is important when you come just a week end. Thank you very much

• 29th Mar 2014

Pros: -nice beds, clean sheets -good lockers in rooms -good location, short walk to tube -friendly, helpful staff Cons: -dirty, grungy kitchen in basement left me preferring to eat out -motion sensor in shower lasted 15 seconds before having to step out of the shower to wave the light back on -calling it a youth hostel is a bit misleading - guests of all ages were there -dirty luggage room with no lock

Overall it was a good place. The first room we got had a few holes here and there. The others were okay though. The bathrooms could use some more cleaning. Other than that not too bad.

The bathrooms had a bad smell and the mattresses in the rooms weren't fully covered by the sheets. Also, the charge for non YHA members to use the wifi is way to high.

I really enjoyed the trip in London and the Hostel was appropriate for it! The only thing I missed was a small shelf or bedside cabinet for placing all the stuff you may need in the morning or during the night (for glasses, books, water, ...). I had to put everything on the floor, better said on my bag on the floor so that I could find it more easily! But in total I was completely pleased with the Hostel and I would return another time!! :)

• 1st Mar 2014

Room was nice and clean (someone even came and cleaned it every other day while we were there). Enough showers on our floor and they were clean as well. Breakfast was not included but there are 2 supermarkets not too far away so we didn't really mind. The only room we did not really like was the kitchen because it only offers 3 small tables which get very crowded as they offer about 9 places to eat in total. Other than that we had a great experience and would come again!