YHA London Earls Court Reviews

38 Bolton Gardens, SW5 0AQ, London, England

The place was very dirty and the toilets extremely disgusting. They never gave me a receit and the sheets i believe were not clean. In other words i slept in a bed somon else had slept in. I was so tired i didnt hqve strength to complain. I do t recommend it.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Just a pity to not have Internet throughout the building, for the rest perfect location and comfortable to stay there!

• 15th Nov 2014

Beautiful building, location and great staff. WiFi works well in the lounge. No lift, so if you are on the 3rd floor it is a long climb (staff helped me with my luggage which was very kind). Showers are not very functional, no dry place to leave clean clothes - could do with a re-design on the showers throughout.

• 12th Nov 2014

Clean, comfortable and cheap. Really good location

• 30th Oct 2014

The hostel in general is in good location for Heathrow, with a clean kitchen for all the guests which are the good points. The downfall was the 2 Staff-on-duty were very mean! It was quite annoying that for some strange reason/s - they'd rather BS about the hassle of allocating a top-bunk bed for me (which was requested by email 3-day in advance) than reserve it on the day in the first place! After that my stay was fairly pleasant.

Apart from some communication difficulty with your Pakistani staff, everything went well. Location was mostly excellent. Service was great . Give and take except for 1 or 2 fellow hostelites, most fellow stayers were great company . YHA brand must be well-known

The staff were lovely and helpful, the building and it's facilities were great and the safety and security of our items even better. Would stay there again for a weekend away anytime.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

the wifi is free just for the YHA members, also if you use the pc-s they charg you for the internet. That sounds like the 90s. The room and the bed sheets were more or less clean, but the toilets and showers were quite dirty ...

Best hostel I stayed in the whole Uk! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

receptionist not welcoming or friendly. power sockets are poorly arranged that they are located at the sides of only two beds. I could not get access to it when my phone was out of battery. what a stupid design

good value for money. Nice friendly atmosphere. staff very pleasant and attentive. kitchen nice, equipped. washer and dryer available. only downside was not enough lockers in room for each guest, couldn't sit upright on bottom bunk as too low , light on bed wasn't working. But would stay again.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Everything came at a cost, wi fi, towels, breakfast which at previous hostels were included, also a rat was in the yard and there seemed a reluctance to remove it. The kitchen opened onto this yard,

I have stayed in this hostel many times for it's location. Beds and lockers are both good. Some areas could use an update though and some bathrooms could do with maintance / thorough cleaning. Overall a decent reliable hostel. Would stay again.

Great location and management. I recommend this hostel.

Bathroom facilities are poor. Poor ventilation, lights that don't work and generally very dirty. I also found the the bedrooms dirty. Despite booking as a 6, our party was split up. Whilst I appreciate that was a misunderstanding on my part in the 2 female dorms, none of the other ladies were in a group together and forward planning could have meant that a group of 6 could be placed together. Generally a very disappointing stay & poor value for money in comparison to other European hostels,

a good place to stay, nice location, the main issue I had was with carrying a huge suitcase up the stairs to the third floor (the lift would be a dream!), I liked the kitchen very much and loved the garden which I think is an amazing add-on in such a hot summer. Small issues with the cleanliness of the bathrooms (plus some of the lights didn't work) and with the lack of free air passage (windows that you just can't wide open)

Not my first stay there but overall place is okay but begining to show the wear and tear. Mainly just small things broken and have been for awhile. Understand its a busy hostel but is due for refit

Great hostel with a large, leafy courtyard at the rear. Only real problem were the SMALL fridges in the kitchen - totally inadequate for the number of guests wanting to self cater. (Even with no stale or outdated food!)

I was surprisingly pleased with my stay. I have never stayed in a Hostel before, and I had it pictured as a dirty place that smelled. It wasn't though. I found it to be very clean, and the staff surprisingly helpful. It was very close to the Underground ( just a 10 minute walk), and it was much cheaper than staying in a hotel. Anytime I'm traveling to Europe I will continue to stay in YHA Hostels because I had such a pleasant experience.

• 14th Jun 2014

Comfortable beds, easy to find. However the bathrooms on our floor smelt.