YHA London Earls Court Reviews

38 Bolton Gardens, SW5 0AQ, London, England

receptionist not welcoming or friendly. power sockets are poorly arranged that they are located at the sides of only two beds. I could not get access to it when my phone was out of battery. what a stupid design

Everything came at a cost, wi fi, towels, breakfast which at previous hostels were included, also a rat was in the yard and there seemed a reluctance to remove it. The kitchen opened onto this yard,

I have stayed in this hostel many times for it's location. Beds and lockers are both good. Some areas could use an update though and some bathrooms could do with maintance / thorough cleaning. Overall a decent reliable hostel. Would stay again.

Great location and management. I recommend this hostel.

Bathroom facilities are poor. Poor ventilation, lights that don't work and generally very dirty. I also found the the bedrooms dirty. Despite booking as a 6, our party was split up. Whilst I appreciate that was a misunderstanding on my part in the 2 female dorms, none of the other ladies were in a group together and forward planning could have meant that a group of 6 could be placed together. Generally a very disappointing stay & poor value for money in comparison to other European hostels,

a good place to stay, nice location, the main issue I had was with carrying a huge suitcase up the stairs to the third floor (the lift would be a dream!), I liked the kitchen very much and loved the garden which I think is an amazing add-on in such a hot summer. Small issues with the cleanliness of the bathrooms (plus some of the lights didn't work) and with the lack of free air passage (windows that you just can't wide open)

Not my first stay there but overall place is okay but begining to show the wear and tear. Mainly just small things broken and have been for awhile. Understand its a busy hostel but is due for refit

Great hostel with a large, leafy courtyard at the rear. Only real problem were the SMALL fridges in the kitchen - totally inadequate for the number of guests wanting to self cater. (Even with no stale or outdated food!)

I was surprisingly pleased with my stay. I have never stayed in a Hostel before, and I had it pictured as a dirty place that smelled. It wasn't though. I found it to be very clean, and the staff surprisingly helpful. It was very close to the Underground ( just a 10 minute walk), and it was much cheaper than staying in a hotel. Anytime I'm traveling to Europe I will continue to stay in YHA Hostels because I had such a pleasant experience.

• 14th Jun 2014

Comfortable beds, easy to find. However the bathrooms on our floor smelt.

Good location.

• 26th May 2014
  • China

Great place to stay, the rooms are really spacious and well set up. The staff was really helpful and showed me good things to do in London and how to get there. The only downside was the bathrooms are about the size of an airplane bathroom and if your not a member they charge for Wifi.

The room for two is really small. I have been there 2 years ago, and the place was much better. Half of the things in the kitchen didn't work. The neightborhood is really nice, but not very central.

Great location and good value for money, one of the nicer London hostels

Not sure why there is only 1 power point in each room. But the room and storage area is big.

• 9th May 2014
  • Singapore

Both the hostel and staff were very good. I just wished I'd had wi fi internet for free.

It doesn't have internet (you should pay for that), neither breakfast included. But the staff are very helpful and helped me a lot extending my booking twice!

Stayed here several times when needing a stop over in London and its the devil you know.No complamints at all...so happy to return as always..s a single traveller

All good. Did the job for what we needed at short notice. Staff were super nice and helpful

• 17th Apr 2014

The hostel is very clean