YHA London Earls Court Reviews

38 Bolton Gardens, SW5 0AQ, London, England

Pros: -nice beds, clean sheets -good lockers in rooms -good location, short walk to tube -friendly, helpful staff Cons: -dirty, grungy kitchen in basement left me preferring to eat out -motion sensor in shower lasted 15 seconds before having to step out of the shower to wave the light back on -calling it a youth hostel is a bit misleading - guests of all ages were there -dirty luggage room with no lock

Overall it was a good place. The first room we got had a few holes here and there. The others were okay though. The bathrooms could use some more cleaning. Other than that not too bad.

The bathrooms had a bad smell and the mattresses in the rooms weren't fully covered by the sheets. Also, the charge for non YHA members to use the wifi is way to high.

I really enjoyed the trip in London and the Hostel was appropriate for it! The only thing I missed was a small shelf or bedside cabinet for placing all the stuff you may need in the morning or during the night (for glasses, books, water, ...). I had to put everything on the floor, better said on my bag on the floor so that I could find it more easily! But in total I was completely pleased with the Hostel and I would return another time!! :)

• 1st Mar 2014