YHA London Earls Court Reviews

38 Bolton Gardens, SW5 0AQ, London, England

Overall it was a good place. The first room we got had a few holes here and there. The others were okay though. The bathrooms could use some more cleaning. Other than that not too bad.

The bathrooms had a bad smell and the mattresses in the rooms weren't fully covered by the sheets. Also, the charge for non YHA members to use the wifi is way to high.

I really enjoyed the trip in London and the Hostel was appropriate for it! The only thing I missed was a small shelf or bedside cabinet for placing all the stuff you may need in the morning or during the night (for glasses, books, water, ...). I had to put everything on the floor, better said on my bag on the floor so that I could find it more easily! But in total I was completely pleased with the Hostel and I would return another time!! :)

• 1st Mar 2014

Room was nice and clean (someone even came and cleaned it every other day while we were there). Enough showers on our floor and they were clean as well. Breakfast was not included but there are 2 supermarkets not too far away so we didn't really mind. The only room we did not really like was the kitchen because it only offers 3 small tables which get very crowded as they offer about 9 places to eat in total. Other than that we had a great experience and would come again!

Surprised about no wifi available. In fact, is a good hostel.

Great hostel, will definitely stay again and recommend! Could do with long length mirrors in the rooms though

• 13th Feb 2014

Come on, it's a youth hostel, don't you think it's a little expensive to pay 5 pounds to ger access to WIFI for one day? I thought it's supposed to be very basic? Besides, there's no lift here, and you may have to carry your heavy luggages to the 3rd floor...but here's London, for hostels it happens often.

Really Expensive for what you get: No wifi, no toilet paper, extremely dirty, smelly, and staff who just don't care...You have much better hostel options around Earl's Court.

• 7th Feb 2014

location good, there are lifts at the tube station at earls court and direct tube line to heathrow airport, convenient for people with luggages. room us spacious and tidy, but hygiene of toilet is fair. overall, a good stay with reasonable price.

The toilet and kitchen is dirty. I arrived at 11:15pm and the kitchen is closed already. Security is not really good due the the storage room have no lock, other people who live there can open the door to get the stuff. Even there is a cctv but i think it is useless when somebody take your stuff. So i choosed to leave nothing there. The internet is charged £5 a day. Is not worth that over £60 a day for a double room.

Friendly environment, really close to the Earl's Court tube station. Staff were very helpful. A lot of bathrooms, which was good, but they could be cleaner. Shower water was not hot, not cold. Overall, a good experience, would come back again.

my booking online didn't work. I had to pay agin the full price. So I paid a small percent once online and then again the full price. that was not normal.

• 23rd Jan 2014

Very good place, clean and well located.. it has good price for the stay but everything else is charged and is a bit expensive.. but so is London.. so i think it goes together. All the staff is very kind and willing to help.

Kitchen is good when travelling on shoe string. Location is good on zone 1. Wifi should be free in hostel. No free towels. No real atmosphere. It was ok stay.

Really enjoyed my sat there and felt very welcome and safe,,have booked again.

• 14th Jan 2014

Good place to stay, not very central... i think i would try somewhere different next time. I did stay at YHA central and was waaay better, totally recomend that place in London.

I've stayed in other hostels in similarly expensive cities (i.e. Singapore & Tokyo) for much less money that were much more welcoming, had more free services, and had better facilities. Some of the bathrooms were tiny (airplane sized!), and all of the sinks were ridiculously small. I also felt unsafe in my room as I shared it with men more than twice my age, even though the hostel is supposed to cater to youth. I was also put off by the high charges for wifi and towels... they're free elsewhere

The bad was a little hard but for the rest was very good

My dorm on the second floor was small but really comfortable, there were very useful locked boxes under the beds, where to protect personal belongings. The heating was very well working. There are a lot of bathroom, spacious and with hot shower, two beautiful and huge common livingrooms and a huge kitchen very well equipped. Also a private garden. WiFi is very fast but on charge. Good location, close to the Underground. My stay here was really nice. I will return here !

Good location. Don't have a lift, thankfully I had people to help me get my case up and down. The lockers were a pain as I couldn't fit my suitcase in but able to empty it out and chuck it under the bed. Very secure hostel with friendly and approachable staff. Loved the 2£ late check out option.