YHA London Earls Court Reviews

38 Bolton Gardens, SW5 0AQ, London, England

Both the hostel and staff were very good. I just wished I'd had wi fi internet for free.

It doesn't have internet (you should pay for that), neither breakfast included. But the staff are very helpful and helped me a lot extending my booking twice!

Stayed here several times when needing a stop over in London and its the devil you know.No complamints at all...so happy to return as always..s a single traveller

All good. Did the job for what we needed at short notice. Staff were super nice and helpful

• 17th Apr 2014

The hostel is very clean

We've stayed here before and because of its location we decided to go back. We got the same room as before and it was patched up a little. It needs a little more than a cover to fix the walls but at least they're trying. The toilets were still gross but I think that comes down to the number of guests. The only problem we did have was some trouble with the internet and the man on duty wasn't helpful at all. He just told us to wait for it to connect and buy more time if we ran out.

Very clean place, with kind and helpfull staff ! We got all the informations we need (a car park nearby for example) and didn't wasted any time, which is important when you come just a week end. Thank you very much

• 29th Mar 2014

Pros: -nice beds, clean sheets -good lockers in rooms -good location, short walk to tube -friendly, helpful staff Cons: -dirty, grungy kitchen in basement left me preferring to eat out -motion sensor in shower lasted 15 seconds before having to step out of the shower to wave the light back on -calling it a youth hostel is a bit misleading - guests of all ages were there -dirty luggage room with no lock

Overall it was a good place. The first room we got had a few holes here and there. The others were okay though. The bathrooms could use some more cleaning. Other than that not too bad.

The bathrooms had a bad smell and the mattresses in the rooms weren't fully covered by the sheets. Also, the charge for non YHA members to use the wifi is way to high.

I really enjoyed the trip in London and the Hostel was appropriate for it! The only thing I missed was a small shelf or bedside cabinet for placing all the stuff you may need in the morning or during the night (for glasses, books, water, ...). I had to put everything on the floor, better said on my bag on the floor so that I could find it more easily! But in total I was completely pleased with the Hostel and I would return another time!! :)

• 1st Mar 2014

Room was nice and clean (someone even came and cleaned it every other day while we were there). Enough showers on our floor and they were clean as well. Breakfast was not included but there are 2 supermarkets not too far away so we didn't really mind. The only room we did not really like was the kitchen because it only offers 3 small tables which get very crowded as they offer about 9 places to eat in total. Other than that we had a great experience and would come again!

Surprised about no wifi available. In fact, is a good hostel.

Great hostel, will definitely stay again and recommend! Could do with long length mirrors in the rooms though

• 13th Feb 2014

Come on, it's a youth hostel, don't you think it's a little expensive to pay 5 pounds to ger access to WIFI for one day? I thought it's supposed to be very basic? Besides, there's no lift here, and you may have to carry your heavy luggages to the 3rd floor...but here's London, for hostels it happens often.

Really Expensive for what you get: No wifi, no toilet paper, extremely dirty, smelly, and staff who just don't care...You have much better hostel options around Earl's Court.

• 7th Feb 2014

location good, there are lifts at the tube station at earls court and direct tube line to heathrow airport, convenient for people with luggages. room us spacious and tidy, but hygiene of toilet is fair. overall, a good stay with reasonable price.

The toilet and kitchen is dirty. I arrived at 11:15pm and the kitchen is closed already. Security is not really good due the the storage room have no lock, other people who live there can open the door to get the stuff. Even there is a cctv but i think it is useless when somebody take your stuff. So i choosed to leave nothing there. The internet is charged £5 a day. Is not worth that over £60 a day for a double room.

Friendly environment, really close to the Earl's Court tube station. Staff were very helpful. A lot of bathrooms, which was good, but they could be cleaner. Shower water was not hot, not cold. Overall, a good experience, would come back again.

my booking online didn't work. I had to pay agin the full price. So I paid a small percent once online and then again the full price. that was not normal.

• 23rd Jan 2014