YHA London Holland Park Reviews

Holland Walk, Kensington, W8 7QU, London, England

Very helpful, very, very informative, well presented, comfortable, and everything you need for such little money

• 13th Nov 2013

Nice canteen - very spacious and you can use Wifi there. Wifi costs extra and the drinks from the vending machine are slightly 'expensive' however the chocolate/crisps and ice cream are good value for money! Rooms in building two are lovely and spacious, more than enough room for everyone and everything, many bathrooms in that building also... Beautiful 'grounds' again and nice staff! This is also a good location for people who like to go jogging in the morning ....

In the middle of a park so nice and quiet at night. Wifi is expensive and only available in common areas

Again very happy with my stay here... Very clean bedding, you know the mattreses aren't disgusting underneath as they put at least (I think) one mattress cover.... Always feel 'clean' when I stay here... Cool staff too and scenic location!

I like the natural environment surrounding the hostel and the pond with white duck bathing .Central heating could be better because it was a little cold and there should be a cheaper breakfast option (now it is £5 full English) but I liked it# some taps splash water because the pressure is too big but there are lockers available and kitchen.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Poland

The room is very big, you have a lot of space. It's a little bit far, especially if you go out at night and you have to come back.

Pretty much a positive revue.. I do have to say, I stayed at this hostel 3 or 4 times, first time was lovely, 2nd and 3rd time (or 3rd and 4th) I had some very funny room mates (there were 4 of them in the room when I arrived and when I entered they were shocked to see that the receptionist had let someone else into the 12 bed dorm as they were a group "and had been told it would only be them". Then I was snapped at the following time for unpacking my bag in the night ...) Not YHA's fault though

Decent location in posh area. Hated being charged extra for EVERYTHING. Also didn't enjoy sleeping in a basically a shelf since the beds are stacked 3 high. Felt super dingy. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

They had the tickets for many of the tourist attractions in the office. Also, they helped me find new accomodations when they were fully booked.

• 16th Sep 2013

Enjoyed my one night stay in this beautiful hostel. Was quite hot at night I found in the dormitory. Good breakfast and great staff. Thank you

• 15th Sep 2013

The hostel is located in a very tranquil area in Holland Park with very easy access to Kensington high street, Earls Court, Notting Hill and central London. The rooms are very large and bright with very modern bedding and the quiet atmosphere in the grounds makes it easy to sleep at night. The hostel is perfect for exploring London with a very warm and friendly atmosphere and staff who are very helpful. The kitchen and lounge facilities are also brilliant and is value for money in a rich area.

I stayed here with my husband and 5 year old son. We had booked 2 male dorm spaces and 1 female dorm space. When we arrived we had asked if there was any family rooms available but unfortunately these had already been booked. The staff were AMAZING, within 10 minutes of checking in they had arranged a whole dorm for the 3 of us, so that we could all stay together. BRILLIANT...now that's what you call going beyond the call of duty! The room was comfortable and clean and the gardens were lovely 5*

• 31st Jul 2013

Fantastic hostel great place to relax in peace and quiet and recharge the batteries, def would recommend it as its fantastically located in a beautiful park. Only gripe is that you have to pay for wifi but the library is down the road with free wifi there so no real drama

The only good thing in the hostel was the staff. Location: too far from the city centre and not easy to find. Bedrooms: too small and my bed was literally between 2 other beds in a corner. No air at all, not even a fan. NO free wi-fi. The pictures of the hostel are NOT true at all! I won't be going back and I don't recommend it. Very disappointing...

The shower and sink are bad. Only little water came out. It is a bit scary if you have to walk alone to the hostel at night.

I've stayed at this hostel before, and I really like it. Everything about the experience was good (the opera in the park was a nice bonus), except that one of the cleaners was rude to me (hence the average staff rating), the temperature control on the shower was unresponsive, and there were some children making excessive amounts of noise at some uncivilised hour on a Saturday morning.

I was amazed by the location in beautiful Holland Park. The Holland Park Opera was audible each evening and created a wonderful balmy summer eveneing atmosphere. Links are good. Its a 10 min walk to HIgh St Kensington. Returning to Hostel at night is fine. The area is very safe, just keep to the residential roads and use the short access from Phillimore Road. Rooms are what you expect. Breakfast was a little disappointing I will definately stay here again, excellent value for money ;)

very clean and quite, good price and nice building. would definitely recommend. the only thing I would say is that the walk at night is a little unnerving if alone as it is through a lane way that is fenced in on both sides.

The hostel is actually located in a very nice part of town - although it is about a 4 block walk to the nearest tube stop. But, its in Holland Park which is really beautiful for walking during the day - but a bit hard to find/sketchy at night! If you don't mind sleeping in rooms with 10+ other men/women this is a just fine place to stay but there is little/no privacy. The staff however are very rude and not helpful at all - was very discouraging and all in all I wouldn't stay here again.

Fantastic location