YHA London Holland Park Reviews

Holland Walk, Kensington, W8 7QU, London, England

They had the tickets for many of the tourist attractions in the office. Also, they helped me find new accomodations when they were fully booked.

• 16th Sep 2013

Enjoyed my one night stay in this beautiful hostel. Was quite hot at night I found in the dormitory. Good breakfast and great staff. Thank you

• 15th Sep 2013

The hostel is located in a very tranquil area in Holland Park with very easy access to Kensington high street, Earls Court, Notting Hill and central London. The rooms are very large and bright with very modern bedding and the quiet atmosphere in the grounds makes it easy to sleep at night. The hostel is perfect for exploring London with a very warm and friendly atmosphere and staff who are very helpful. The kitchen and lounge facilities are also brilliant and is value for money in a rich area.

I stayed here with my husband and 5 year old son. We had booked 2 male dorm spaces and 1 female dorm space. When we arrived we had asked if there was any family rooms available but unfortunately these had already been booked. The staff were AMAZING, within 10 minutes of checking in they had arranged a whole dorm for the 3 of us, so that we could all stay together. BRILLIANT...now that's what you call going beyond the call of duty! The room was comfortable and clean and the gardens were lovely 5*

• 31st Jul 2013

Fantastic hostel great place to relax in peace and quiet and recharge the batteries, def would recommend it as its fantastically located in a beautiful park. Only gripe is that you have to pay for wifi but the library is down the road with free wifi there so no real drama

The only good thing in the hostel was the staff. Location: too far from the city centre and not easy to find. Bedrooms: too small and my bed was literally between 2 other beds in a corner. No air at all, not even a fan. NO free wi-fi. The pictures of the hostel are NOT true at all! I won't be going back and I don't recommend it. Very disappointing...

The shower and sink are bad. Only little water came out. It is a bit scary if you have to walk alone to the hostel at night.

I've stayed at this hostel before, and I really like it. Everything about the experience was good (the opera in the park was a nice bonus), except that one of the cleaners was rude to me (hence the average staff rating), the temperature control on the shower was unresponsive, and there were some children making excessive amounts of noise at some uncivilised hour on a Saturday morning.

I was amazed by the location in beautiful Holland Park. The Holland Park Opera was audible each evening and created a wonderful balmy summer eveneing atmosphere. Links are good. Its a 10 min walk to HIgh St Kensington. Returning to Hostel at night is fine. The area is very safe, just keep to the residential roads and use the short access from Phillimore Road. Rooms are what you expect. Breakfast was a little disappointing I will definately stay here again, excellent value for money ;)

very clean and quite, good price and nice building. would definitely recommend. the only thing I would say is that the walk at night is a little unnerving if alone as it is through a lane way that is fenced in on both sides.

The hostel is actually located in a very nice part of town - although it is about a 4 block walk to the nearest tube stop. But, its in Holland Park which is really beautiful for walking during the day - but a bit hard to find/sketchy at night! If you don't mind sleeping in rooms with 10+ other men/women this is a just fine place to stay but there is little/no privacy. The staff however are very rude and not helpful at all - was very discouraging and all in all I wouldn't stay here again.

Fantastic location

• 18th Apr 2013

Room was in a horrible 60s/70s era building, no character. Room key didn't work and when I took it back the receptionist didn't even apologise, she just handed me a new card and didn't say a word. Pretty poor. It was pretty clean, but I wouldn't stay again due to the weird vibe. I prefer backpacker hostels. The hostel was full of hundreds of noisy school or college children from France (I think) which was really strange and killed the atmosphere. There was also a lot of older guests in 60s.

All the pictures are of the neat building right on the road, you will actually likely end up in a gross motel looking building next door. The beds are small. Finding the hostel can be a pain. And for the price you can get free wifi and breakfast elsewhere. Here you have to pay for both of those things.

Good value food in the cafe/restaurant. Helpful staff. Comfortable beds and nice hot showers. Didn't like the walk from main road to the hostel in the evening as it was dark and lonely - made me feel a bit scared being a female travelling alone. Everything else was great though.

• 8th Mar 2013

showers were cold. My booking had been 'cancelled' and had to be rebooked upon arrival.

• 18th Jan 2013

Pros: good location, gorgeous building, and very quiet due to the lack of a bar (which was great). Cons: Water pressure on taps and shower heads was terrible. The sink left a giant spray of water on the floor every time you tried to wash your hands. There weren't enough chairs (1 chair for a 12 person room is ridiculous, especially considering the amount of bunk beds that weren't at ground level). I also didn't like the fact that the night entrance / exit was difficult to find once the sun set.

I forgot to take earplugs so could hear people coming in and out throughout the night, guess that is expected in any hostel though. The hostel is located in a park which is very dark at night. There is a narrow walkway that seemed scary to walk down on my own between the hostel and the main road. Anyway I later found a safer way of getting to and from the hostel in a residential area.

The hostel is very clean and security, but the staff is not very nice. The hostel is inside the park, very nice, but a little far from the subway station!!

Excellent, though a longish walk from the nearest public transport when it is raining hard!