YHA London Holland Park Reviews

Holland Walk, Kensington, W8 7QU, London, England

An excellent location for a YHA hostel, in one of London's lovely parks :) Staff were very helpful, and even gave advice on how to reach the hostel by safe lit streets as I was planning to return late in the evening. I stayed in a 21 bed room that was surprisingly quiet considering how many people were in there. The only small drawback was that the room didn't contain many power sockets relative to the number of people in there. But this would certainly not stop me coming back again! :)

Lovely Jacobean mansion, super helpful staff, no free wifi if you're not a YHA member, no free breakfast, ten minute walk from High Kensignton St tube station through lovely park. Booked a 13 bed female dorm, stayed in what was more of a 21 bed dorm, with smartly designed bunk beds spread out in a huge room wiht high ceilings and ensuite bathroom. But I prefer a 21 bed dorm like this to a stuffy dirty 13 bed one anytime. Earplugs recommended. Lockers in luggage room and next to bed.

Staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. The hostel is clean , relatively quiet and situated in a convenient location.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Great and very helpful staff , Quite hard to find the place but I really enjoyed my time there. The location is really cool and calm , near to High street Kensighton ( a mini Oxford Street). I will come back for sure :)

• 31st Dec 2013

Great staff, great breaksfast, clean rooms and space to store the luggage, for the positive. As for the negative : it was freezing the bathroom, and the lock to one of the showers was broken.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Staff were helpful and facilities good. The only kettle in the kitchen broke briefly during my stay but I used the microwave to boil some water so not a problem! Clean enough and still good value for accommodation in London though for me it was a little too far from the centre and I found it a little chilly at night (well, it is an old building, I know). Security was fine for storing private possessions but the main gate was often unlocked as it was not very reliable. Overall, a good hostel.

Loved it here. price was great for what you get. The power in the showers isn't great. But I'm okay with that. Lovely staff. Loved being in the park!! Will definitely return if I'm in London again.

No free internet. The blankets seems not to be whashed so often.

Won't stay again or recommend; would've left early but prepaid. Good: location & was available. Bad: plumbing appalling -takes water saving to new extremes! 3 tier bunks are awful, u have to do gymnastic moves to climb up-no ladder, common areas limited & old. Feels like a dos house. Apart from school groups; alot of older people temporarily homeless staying-not travelers. Shocked its a YHA! What hostels were 20 yrs ago-not what modern hostels should and are today. Go elsewhere 4 couple extra £.

We came back to the hostel at 8.30 pm, and no one asked for the "password" when we pressed the button by the gate. Same repeated at 3.30 am. Therefore security seemed to be poor. The dormitory was spacious, clean and nice. The bathroom was unpleasant. Sinks looked filthy and showers were very poor. You are charged for everything possible: wifi, luggage keeping etc.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Finland

I have been staying at holland park since the 1970s. Still a great place, excellent location!

Location behind the park seems beautiful during the day but can be a hassle at night time, some taxi drivers didn't know where it was.

Very helpful, very, very informative, well presented, comfortable, and everything you need for such little money

• 13th Nov 2013

Nice canteen - very spacious and you can use Wifi there. Wifi costs extra and the drinks from the vending machine are slightly 'expensive' however the chocolate/crisps and ice cream are good value for money! Rooms in building two are lovely and spacious, more than enough room for everyone and everything, many bathrooms in that building also... Beautiful 'grounds' again and nice staff! This is also a good location for people who like to go jogging in the morning ....

In the middle of a park so nice and quiet at night. Wifi is expensive and only available in common areas

Again very happy with my stay here... Very clean bedding, you know the mattreses aren't disgusting underneath as they put at least (I think) one mattress cover.... Always feel 'clean' when I stay here... Cool staff too and scenic location!

I like the natural environment surrounding the hostel and the pond with white duck bathing .Central heating could be better because it was a little cold and there should be a cheaper breakfast option (now it is £5 full English) but I liked it# some taps splash water because the pressure is too big but there are lockers available and kitchen.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Poland

The room is very big, you have a lot of space. It's a little bit far, especially if you go out at night and you have to come back.

Pretty much a positive revue.. I do have to say, I stayed at this hostel 3 or 4 times, first time was lovely, 2nd and 3rd time (or 3rd and 4th) I had some very funny room mates (there were 4 of them in the room when I arrived and when I entered they were shocked to see that the receptionist had let someone else into the 12 bed dorm as they were a group "and had been told it would only be them". Then I was snapped at the following time for unpacking my bag in the night ...) Not YHA's fault though

Decent location in posh area. Hated being charged extra for EVERYTHING. Also didn't enjoy sleeping in a basically a shelf since the beds are stacked 3 high. Felt super dingy. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7