YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

Nice and clean place, excellent location. More smiles on staff faces would be appreciated. Stay at the youth hostel for the price of a tropical resort vacation week! Youth Hostel accessibility is not was it used to be. I guess is the price to pay for the London Calling...

• 21st Aug 2015

Fantastic stay at the YHA, very friendly staff. Slight misunderstanding when we booked for two nights and were told we were changing rooms to find out the next day we weren't. But like every trip, only a minor bump in the road! Thanks to all at the YHA, we will be back!!

• 19th Aug 2015

One quirk of this hostel is the windows are completely blocked by the frame so no air gets in even when completely opened...London may not get that hot but our room was incredibly stuffy and stagnant with no airflow, especially since our room had a broken fan. The facility is very clean and the staff was very warm and helpful. A little pricy but the location is perfect for all the main sights.

Excellent experience. I had a problem with the room and the staff took care of it right away. Everything is just right here regarding the facilities and cleanliness, but the staff are what make it special. I've literally travelled the world and have never had staff as excellent as I had at YHA London. Highly Recommended.

• 16th Aug 2015

Overall I find it ok. I checked in at 6pm that night and left 10am (check out time) - however only really slept for 3 hrs. I was hospitalized with a bad case of tonsillitis (didn't know what it was before, I was running short of breath and heart was pumping fast, cold sweat etc). I ask the guy at the reception to call an ambulance but he refused to, I try to explain to him the situation and with his "medical expertise" he said ambulance will not come if this is not an emergency. (story tbc..)

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that your stay was impeded by tonsillitis, that is no fun for anyone and I wish you a speedy recovery. Emergency services in the UK are for life threatening situations and the staff member tried to organise a taxi to the closest A&E for you instead. I will be speaking to the whole team about handling requests such as this to avoid any future misperception. We hope you will return to London one day and have a better experience. All the best, Marisa

I've stayed in a few hostels and this was by far the best one I've stayed in. Very clean, friendly and a good vibe throughout the place. I was in a 4 bed dorm and found it fairly spacious and very comfortable. I'd definitely stay again.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Hi there, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We hope to see you back here again on your next trip to London. Kind regards, Leigh

The hostel was very clean and well organized. It was also,incredibly quiet considering we were in down town London. A very nice building and great people. I Highly recommend buying their breakfasts!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Hi there, thanks for the great review and good to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Kind regards, Leigh.

Awesome hostel in an awesome location. The staff were so nice and accomodating at all times.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Overall great hostel! However, if you're looking for more of a party hostel, I would go somewhere else. We were a little disappointed that the other visitors weren't as social (a lot of the visitors were pretty old).

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Very friendly staff

Wonderful hostel, I will definitely come back!

• 2nd Jul 2015

The hostel was in such a great location, very central to all the main tourist sights. Being two younger girls travelling we definitely felt safe in this area. The rooms were very very tiny for the 4 bed females, although the showers and the rest of the facilities were great- large and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful if you have any questions about the area!! There was no AC- understandable since in London but the heat wave was very uncomfortable in the hostel rooms.Great stay overall

Great location in the center of the city and walking distance or a short Tube right to most attractions. Great shopping and a lot of restaurants in the area, and close to the theatres too. The staff were nice and the facilities were new and clean. Only complaint was that the fan in the room didn't help, so we had to choose between closed windows and heat, or open windows and a lot of noise. Definitely worth the money and really enjoyed my stay!

• 24th Jun 2015

This was a very nice hostel. Super clean and simple. Showers and bathrooms were nice and never completely full. Staff was very helpful and had good ideas of where to go and what to see. Location was great, walking distance to main parts of London. Kitchen was clean and well labelled with instructions. Probably the nicest hostel I stayed in over a month long trip involving multiple hostel stays. it was a bit pricey but considering the location I can understand.

• 15th Jun 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very friendly, and our room was neat and comfortable. The wifi in the common areas is reliable, and the hostel's location is quite centrally located.

Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review. Hope to see you back at our hostel again.

Staff was very welcoming and friendly. The cleanest hostel we stayed at on our trip. There are limited options for breakfast and they ran out of mushrooms for 2 days straight which didn't make much sense.

• 10th Jun 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the great comments about our staff, I will be sure to let them know. I am sorry that we ran out of mushrooms for the 2 days you were here, I will look into this and can only apologise that this happened to you.

Nice hostel, friendly staff. The location is great.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we hope to see you at our hostel again.

We wish staffs would at least smile back at us.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

We are very sorry that you feel the staff did not smile at you, I will bring this up with them. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Great place to stay in London. The wifi isn't the greatest on the higher levels but it wasn't a big deal to go down to the lounge for a cuppa tea and surf the web. The discounts and activities are a great perk to staying here.

Sounds like you had a great stay in London and at our hostel. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I had a great stay at YHA London Oxford. The staff was helpful and accomodating, the room was kept very clean, and the price was reasonable. I particularly enjoyed the lounge activities offered, and the location was great...walking distance to many great sites, theatres, restaurants, bars, etc. I will definitely stay here again, when returning to London.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Great, we really hope to see you here again and thanks so much for the wonderful review.