YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

Perfect location, only a minute away from Oxford Street and most mayor sights are in walking distance. The hostel is very modern and clean, has comfortable beds with extra reading lights and plugs for each bed, nice showers, a great kitchen and a friendly common area. The staff are super nice and helpful. I absolutely recommend it!!

We were pleasantly surprised with the location and the quality of the hostel. More expensive than some available but worth the extra few pound for the quality.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Amyleighbow8988

Fantastic hostel and a special mention to the night porter, absolute gentleman who told us great stories from South Africa and was so welcoming. Fantastic hostel, will definitely be back.

Excellent location, friendly staff, great value for money. Absolutely recommended and special thanks to Leigh from South Africa for her kindness.

Great hostel! Prefect location to visit London. The rooms where good en staff was verry friendly. Despite there was a lot of noise during the nights.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Thanks for your great comments, especially about our staff. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, see you again soon!

Amazing location off Oxford st. Right in the heart of London. Good facilities- decent sized rooms. Only complaint is that there's no age limit so pensioners were outnumbering the young people in the common room on more than one occasion. Excellent facilities including modern kitchen.

Thank you for leaving such a great review. YHA is open to all and everyone is welcome in our hostels. Hope to see you back again soon.

Really great place. Near Oxford circus perfect to visit london and go out the night. We Will come back as soon as possible!

• 16th Jan 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon.

Great place!

A bit hard to find, but worth it.

Thank you for the review and we hope to see at you at the hostel again soon.

This is a great hostel on most metrics--location, amenities, etc. But it is NOT really a "youth hostel"--there were many families and even older adults which caught be a tad by surprise. Most hostels I've stayed at have something like a 35 year age max on the shared rooms, but this place definitely does not.

YHA is open to all and everyone is welcome here. There are a lot of hostels that only accept under 35 year olds, but we want everyone to be able to enjoy the hostel world.

It was PERFECT. Even better than a hotel.

The hostel is in the centre of London and very easy to find, close to underground station. Staff were helpful, clean room and toilets/showers, and everything was well organized. Quite quiet if you look how close it is to the busy centre. Bed and mattress very comfortable, clean bedding. It is one of the best hostels in the UK I have stayed in so far.

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

The YHA is located in the heart of london. Its a nice hostel with three bed dorms (single beds, such a pleasure). only negative point: the common room is without any atmosphere. rec!

Thank you for the review and we hope to see at you at the hostel again soon.

I thought it was silly to charge for certain things that come standard in most hostels. Understandably, the cost of operating a business in London is higher than in most places, but to charge more for a coffee than the starbucks literally across the way seems strange.

I'm sorry that you thought the hostel was slightly expensive (our most expeensive coffee is £2.05), however, as you wrote in your review, our location cannot be beaten and we offer many great things at excellent prices which does make the overall stay at the hostel great value for central London. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see at you at the hostel again soon.

Great hostel, as central as it could be. Loved it!!!

When I booked, hostel was advertised as not having free wifi.Got there and there was free wifi which was just the best news ever! Staff were all really nice and helpful, heaps of showers and they were always hot, proper toilets (not cubicles), awesome location, great facilities, sinks in the rooms and a PowerPoint for each bed. Couldn't ask for anything more, and cheaper than the last hostel I stayed in in London which was terrible!

We found the bathrooms on our floor, especially the toilets, to be very dirty and too disgusting to use them. I am pretty sure they are cleaned in the morning, but yeah the rest of the day not really nice. Also, I woke up with bite marks possibly related to bed bugs on my feet and hip. I guess the room was examined and declared to be clear of bed bugs, but I would still be very careful.

Thanks for your feedback. Our toilets are cleaned daily and checked on every shift. If there is a problem you should have told us so that we can do something about it at the time. The standards you describe are not the standards we strive for. We take bed bugs seriously and I have investiagted your allegation, however there is no evidence of bed bugs at this hostel at this time. If you wish to discuss the matter further please get in touch.

would always stay there again, been there twice now and never left disappointed. recommended!

The person manning the desk in the evening was a bit grumpy and had me standing on the door waiting for 20 minutes. the employees the next morning were great; the accommodation, rooms, showers, location, etc. were simply perfectly and add to that the unbelievable price! I will be staying there again and again...

• 18th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Thank you for your feedback, I will investigate the reason for your prolonged acquaintance with our doorstep and the grumpy elf at reception- its not usual practice. Glad the morning staff made up for it and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Good location. Kitchen and movie nights are a bonus. I don't think my room was vacuumed for about 3 days and the sanitary bin needed emptying in the room. Don't think i saw a member of staff smile once either. Not the friendliest of YHA's.

Thanks for your feedback, we do have daily room checks to empty bins but generally a vacuum occurs for new arrivals after a check out. If you had come to reception we would have made a request to our housekeepers, you may have also seen us smile, thats one of the things we do really well here. Come back again and let us show you our best smiles. I promise we will do better next time !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4