YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

You can easily fall in love with the staff. They give great advices and never hesitate if you need their help. They'll always tell you what's more convinient for you. If I ever go back to London you can bet I'll stay here again. I strongly recommend YHA Oxford Street!!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

All was good except the shower- only cold water available

• 5th Feb 2014

overall ok, but the 10 am checkout time is horrible.

YHA was in an excellent location with the theatres, bars and oxford street pretty much on your doorstep. The staff were not very friendly or that helpful and it is unfortunate there is no free wifi or a basic breakfast. There are a few stairs from reception but not too many if you have a heavy bag.

The hostel is in a great location and the fact that the reception is open 24/7 is very nice in city like London where you're likely to come in at odd hours. There was a bit of miscommunication between staffmembers about moving rooms (I was told quite late I had to do that on the day of my graduation which was a bit stressful) but everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. I do think Wifi should be included in the price and that it should cover the upper floors as well.

We hope that your Graduation went well and hopefully see you back soon.

Mixed feelings. Good: very clean, outlets & shelf on each bed, quiet, many showers & toilets. Bad: no character/ atmosphere. No fun, interesting, or sociable people, everyone was quiet & kept to themselves. The staff were helpful but they all seemed to hate their life. Maybe that's just Londoners. There were fun activities discounted by the hostel, but not actually put on by them, so the staff weren't knowledgeable on details & wasn't great to meet fellow hostel mates. Good for group- not solo.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel. However, we gave the staff a lower rating because they mixed up our booking info and kicked us out of our own room when we still had one night remaining. The staff apologized but didn't go out of their way to offer us a discount or ANYTHING to compensate for the trouble of hauling our bags out of storage when we returned and found all of our belongings were missing from our room.

I have been going to this hostel for years and can only recommended because the staff is extremely friendly, it is clean. However, the only criticism I have that they should put a stool into the shower room but the hostel organisation seems to have no money for it.

• 16th Jan 2014

Excellent location. There is no lift to the floors with bedrooms. The bedrooms are very small. The lounge / dining area was nice. The option to pay £2 for a late checkout was very handy.

• 10th Jan 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Fantastic location! right off Oxford St and an easy tube ride to any part of London. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm and the room was very very small, hard to even move around when all beds are occupied. Staff were friendly enough. No free wifi (this should be fixed!!)

This hostel has a great staff team who are friendly, helpful and make genuine connections with people. Very clean rooms andmkitchen area. Breakfast is value for money and simple. Location great for the tube, shopping and sights. Well done guys!!

Clean, good security and location. But needs to improve on the wifi, all the more so when you need to pay for it.

First, Very very Thank you to Lovely Leign,Super man Stephen,Beautiful Stevie,Pretty Jo,Funny Julien,Sweet Evan,Super great boss Bakay(I saw,notice that you are kind n excellent in hrm skill, so lucky for them (indeed)to work with you:)n also thx to all Yha Oxford str. Team you all been giving me warm and comfort feeling to stay as usual :D appreciated in you

the relation between price and quality was really bad because for the price that we paid we were expecting something much better. For example, they didn't have free wifi for guest. Only if you were a "member" from i dont know what, you could have wifi only in the lobby. I have stayed in much better hostel than this, and well located also, for less. The staff were no that friendly also...

Wonderful hostel! Great central location, clean and comfortable, and very kind and helpful staff.

Very very Special thank you to special staff My lovely Warm women Leign for your helping and Caring and Thank you Stephen Who always great , professional as usual :) thank you Too other staff to be helpful and Friendly Too! Sorry if i misbehave which i really dont want Too Guss i m been drinking Too much n i have allergi from that kind of drinking now really srry to back Sweden early i just need good rest etc. @ My villa :) merry xmas n a happy new year to you all yours small (insane)lady Ampy

No complimentary wifi?! Huge minus for me. Great location though.

A lovely stay. The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was kind and friendly, delicious breakfasts: my new home in London, can't wait to come back to.

• 12th Dec 2013

The Hostel was in a good location, but on arriving I realized the wifi wasn't free. The beds were ok, although the sheets just fit around the mattress.

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

It is amazing how clean this place is! Everything was great, especially the lady at the reception who has EVERYTHING you need, just ask!

• 8th Dec 2013