YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

A bit hard to find, but worth it.

Thank you for the review and we hope to see at you at the hostel again soon.

This is a great hostel on most metrics--location, amenities, etc. But it is NOT really a "youth hostel"--there were many families and even older adults which caught be a tad by surprise. Most hostels I've stayed at have something like a 35 year age max on the shared rooms, but this place definitely does not.

YHA is open to all and everyone is welcome here. There are a lot of hostels that only accept under 35 year olds, but we want everyone to be able to enjoy the hostel world.

It was PERFECT. Even better than a hotel.

The hostel is in the centre of London and very easy to find, close to underground station. Staff were helpful, clean room and toilets/showers, and everything was well organized. Quite quiet if you look how close it is to the busy centre. Bed and mattress very comfortable, clean bedding. It is one of the best hostels in the UK I have stayed in so far.

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

The YHA is located in the heart of london. Its a nice hostel with three bed dorms (single beds, such a pleasure). only negative point: the common room is without any atmosphere. rec!

Thank you for the review and we hope to see at you at the hostel again soon.

I thought it was silly to charge for certain things that come standard in most hostels. Understandably, the cost of operating a business in London is higher than in most places, but to charge more for a coffee than the starbucks literally across the way seems strange.

I'm sorry that you thought the hostel was slightly expensive (our most expeensive coffee is £2.05), however, as you wrote in your review, our location cannot be beaten and we offer many great things at excellent prices which does make the overall stay at the hostel great value for central London. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see at you at the hostel again soon.

Great hostel, as central as it could be. Loved it!!!

When I booked, hostel was advertised as not having free wifi.Got there and there was free wifi which was just the best news ever! Staff were all really nice and helpful, heaps of showers and they were always hot, proper toilets (not cubicles), awesome location, great facilities, sinks in the rooms and a PowerPoint for each bed. Couldn't ask for anything more, and cheaper than the last hostel I stayed in in London which was terrible!

We found the bathrooms on our floor, especially the toilets, to be very dirty and too disgusting to use them. I am pretty sure they are cleaned in the morning, but yeah the rest of the day not really nice. Also, I woke up with bite marks possibly related to bed bugs on my feet and hip. I guess the room was examined and declared to be clear of bed bugs, but I would still be very careful.

Thanks for your feedback. Our toilets are cleaned daily and checked on every shift. If there is a problem you should have told us so that we can do something about it at the time. The standards you describe are not the standards we strive for. We take bed bugs seriously and I have investiagted your allegation, however there is no evidence of bed bugs at this hostel at this time. If you wish to discuss the matter further please get in touch.

would always stay there again, been there twice now and never left disappointed. recommended!

The person manning the desk in the evening was a bit grumpy and had me standing on the door waiting for 20 minutes. the employees the next morning were great; the accommodation, rooms, showers, location, etc. were simply perfectly and add to that the unbelievable price! I will be staying there again and again...

• 18th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Thank you for your feedback, I will investigate the reason for your prolonged acquaintance with our doorstep and the grumpy elf at reception- its not usual practice. Glad the morning staff made up for it and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Good location. Kitchen and movie nights are a bonus. I don't think my room was vacuumed for about 3 days and the sanitary bin needed emptying in the room. Don't think i saw a member of staff smile once either. Not the friendliest of YHA's.

Thanks for your feedback, we do have daily room checks to empty bins but generally a vacuum occurs for new arrivals after a check out. If you had come to reception we would have made a request to our housekeepers, you may have also seen us smile, thats one of the things we do really well here. Come back again and let us show you our best smiles. I promise we will do better next time !

All good, the only problem is that wifi is only available on 3rd floor

• 14th Dec 2014
  • China

Thats right, we like our guests talking to each other so currently its only in the communcal spaces. However, YHA has plans to extend Wi-Fi throughout the building one day so watch this space. Hope to see you again soon.

There's no wifi in the rooms. Only on the reception floor. rooms are too smal. Excellent localization and staff

Thanks for your comments, we have free Wi-Fi now but still only accessible in the communal areas, there are plans in the future to extend it throughout the building so watch this space.

Can always count on YHA! Fantastic location for exploring the city - easy to walk and around the corner from transportation to everywhere. Staff was friendly, and free WiFi and towels are a huge plus. Convenient to offer cafe drinks at the front desk. Kitchen / lounge area very nice. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

The location of this YHA is amazing, right in the middle of everything. We also found the staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. This place is a must stay and we will be back, thank you

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for your comments, you are most welcome. See you back here soon.

I was happy with everything, friendly staff, nice rooms, everything clean, good value for money in a central location. The only comment I have is on the lift - every time I wanted to use the lift either it was occupied for ages or it didn't work. My suitcase wasn't that big, but I had a recently injured ankle and there will be guests with bigger bags. As the hostel is on the 3rd floor a working lift would be great ;-)

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience despite our oldest team member playing up. The lift has been here longer than most of us so works slower than we do and has a busy schedule day to day. I agree it doesn't help that its limited to the third floor only but next time just ask one of our friendly team to give you a hand with your luggage. We dont want to see you struggle! Hope to see you back here soon, all the best.

This is an excellent hostel and definitely the best one I've stayed in in London if not ever. The staff were lovely and friendly and let me leave some of my things in the room despite it not having yet been prepared for our arrival. The facilities were all very clean and easy to use. The rooms were fabulous with enough plug sockets (I find this is often a problem when staying in hostels, people fighting over sockets), clean linen, soundproofing and lots of space. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• 30th Nov 2014

Thank you for your kind words, can you please write all our reviews?

I had a great time at the Noel St. Hostel. The staff were very kind and helpful, especially to my 7 year old grandson who just loved the place - his hotel! Apart from one intolerant, selfish and unpleasant guest in my room there were no problems and I would certainly recommend the hostel and the staff.

• 27th Nov 2014

Gosh darn it, we don't enjoy hearing about intolerant, selfish and unpleasant people staying here but the good news is that the majority of our guests are Angels. We are so happy to hear we made a good impression on your grandson, tell him to tell all his freinds and come back for a visit some day soon !

Extremely nice facility, very clean, updated, and nice. Only issue was that wi-fi is not free.

Thank you for your feedback and good news - we now have free Wi-Fi !