YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

1943 Total Reviews

It was incredibly nice! Very satisfied and will definitely come again

The hostel was very clean with good facilities, comfortable beds, nice kitchen. If you're looking for a clean and quiet hostel, it's a good choice. It didn't seem to be very social, at least when I was there. It's the only hostel I've been to that charges for wifi use (5 GBP for one day) and the wifi doesn't reach to the bedrooms. Not sure why they don't install more routers to extend it. The toilets and showers don't have ventilation fans so the hallways smell like shampoo and toilets at times.

• 27th May 2014

Fantastic!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Argentina

You have to climb a lot of stairs to get to your room.. The location is a touristy area with lots of nightlife and shopping , but you have to take the metro to London's cultural attractions. Not much of a social scene in the hostel because by the time you get to the lobby on the 3d floor, you are exhausted and just want to go to your room. But, clean, secure and staff was helpful.

• 21st May 2014

This hostel was very comfortable and wonderful location. We stayed in a twin room which had a sink. I was concerned about sharing the showers and toilets but this was not an issue at all. We stayed for 4 nights and did not have to wait for either. The rooms were clean and staff were fantastic. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Thank you for such positive feedback and we are really pleased that you had a good stay.

We had a wonderful stay at YHA Oxford Street. The location was perfect, the staff was friendly & helpful. We stayed at YHA Central the last time we were in London & thought that was perfect as well, though the Oxford Street location was even more conveniently located for us this time. There was a fan in our room, which was helpful, as the weather was beautiful (and warmer than I expected). Breakfast options were perfect for our needs. Thanks so much!!

• 16th May 2014

Can't beat the location. Or the price considering the cost of everything in London is really high.

Thank you for the feedback.

Extremely central and perfect location for great value. Comfortable and clean.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Staff was super friendly. Location is great next to the Piccadilly line. Wifi is 5 pounds. Bathrooms were super clean and hostel Was super clean and located close to Line and within walking distance to picadelly circus

Thank you for such positive feedback on our hostel.

While the facilities were very good we had a room where the window didn't open and we found the room too hot.

• 7th May 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We have 2 rooms which have window problems, but we are in the process of getting them all repaired. Hope to see you back at the hostel again soon.

The staff at Oxford Street were very helpful. I will definitely recommend this hostel to friends!

• 6th May 2014

Thank you for such wonderful feedback, hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

There was a flood in the Hostel while I was there. The water pipes broke during the night (bad maintenance) and at 7 AM they woke us up like crazy and there was water all over our dorm. So they changed us to another dorm. Ok... When I came back at night they had changed us back during the day and my backpack was inside the locker in the room they'd put us during the flood. However there was people there now and the manager wouldn't let me get my things back. There's a lot more, but no space her

Clean and safe. The staff could have been more friendly.

• 30th Apr 2014

Very clean and more hotel like, I just thought there was no very welcoming feeling, was under the impression that I was bothering the staff which I didn't find very smiling and welcoming. Further the room was pretty comfortable

This hostel is a very good one to stay in central london! Tube station is very close as well as a lot of pubs and shops! The staff was helpful and very friendly at all times! 4 bed rooms a bit small but modern and clean! I will come back!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Thank you so much for the review and good to hear that you had such a great time. Hope to see you back here again very soon.

Rather a families hostel than a youth hostel. Good location. NO FREE WIFI and no breakfast. Bedrooms and bathrooms are really nice and clean all the time.

Wifi must be free.

We are looking into this.

perhaps a larger place to eat would be great but I suppose there are not so many possibilities in the building

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Room is very small for double Bed and disturbed by other neighbours at night! WIFI is only free for members and charge is a must otherwise.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

No Free-WiFi. Very small toilets. Very good location. Small dinning room.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.