YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

I was happy with everything, friendly staff, nice rooms, everything clean, good value for money in a central location. The only comment I have is on the lift - every time I wanted to use the lift either it was occupied for ages or it didn't work. My suitcase wasn't that big, but I had a recently injured ankle and there will be guests with bigger bags. As the hostel is on the 3rd floor a working lift would be great ;-)

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience despite our oldest team member playing up. The lift has been here longer than most of us so works slower than we do and has a busy schedule day to day. I agree it doesn't help that its limited to the third floor only but next time just ask one of our friendly team to give you a hand with your luggage. We dont want to see you struggle! Hope to see you back here soon, all the best.

This is an excellent hostel and definitely the best one I've stayed in in London if not ever. The staff were lovely and friendly and let me leave some of my things in the room despite it not having yet been prepared for our arrival. The facilities were all very clean and easy to use. The rooms were fabulous with enough plug sockets (I find this is often a problem when staying in hostels, people fighting over sockets), clean linen, soundproofing and lots of space. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• 30th Nov 2014

Thank you for your kind words, can you please write all our reviews?

I had a great time at the Noel St. Hostel. The staff were very kind and helpful, especially to my 7 year old grandson who just loved the place - his hotel! Apart from one intolerant, selfish and unpleasant guest in my room there were no problems and I would certainly recommend the hostel and the staff.

• 27th Nov 2014

Gosh darn it, we don't enjoy hearing about intolerant, selfish and unpleasant people staying here but the good news is that the majority of our guests are Angels. We are so happy to hear we made a good impression on your grandson, tell him to tell all his freinds and come back for a visit some day soon !

Extremely nice facility, very clean, updated, and nice. Only issue was that wi-fi is not free.

Thank you for your feedback and good news - we now have free Wi-Fi !

Fantastic location. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff. I never had to wait to use a bathroom or shower. Each bed has its own light and charge socket. I will recommend the hostel to my friends.

Thank you for your kind words, I will feedback your comments to the team. Hope to see you back here soon.

Very good value for money. Very clean, and safe and in a fantastic location. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a cheap but comfortable night

• 18th Nov 2014

Thank you so much!

Room with broken window, not so easy move to another room. Why don't you repair these window?

Thank you for leaving a review. We are looking into the issue with the window.

Very good location and value for budget.

Thank you for leaving a review.

Very helpful staff and a cool atmosphere. Clean and tidy. Great location.

Great! Thanks for leaving us a review.

Excellent hostel and Michael on the front desk was great!

Thank you for leaving us a review. I will pass on you wonderful comments to Michael.

Nice staff, perfect location and a safe place to stay. Pretty expansive though, and sad that breakfast and wi-fi was not included in the price. It was able to buy wi-fi but the connection were too weak so we could'nt have it in our room. Otherwise the toilets and private shower rooms where really fresch!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Thank you for leaving a review. As of the 1st December our wifi will be free so on your next visit it will all be up and running.

Wonderful staff on arrival, clean place and nice location...I found my hostel in London!!

So good to hear and hope this means that you will be coming back soon! Thank you for the amazing review.

No Free WIFI.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us.

Easy access to shopping and for visits. Hostel is quite nice and clean.

It was a good hostel in a great location and wasn't terrible value for London. The only problems we had was that there was no wifi or luggage storage - services that were provided at every other hostel we had traveled to in 5 months. That was a little annoying.

Shared 4 people room is too small. People can't open the lugagge and be at the room at the same time.

• 13th Oct 2014

Great place with a fun and very helpful staff. I felt like at home here. The price is right for a great London bargain. Come here and you will not be disappointed.

• 13th Oct 2014

perfect location, a really nice place to stay!

• 10th Oct 2014

Thank you! Hope to see you soon.

Fantastic location and the staff were probably the friendliest I've come across in a hostel. Rooms were clean and comfortable, I never had to wait to use a bathroom (these were also clean), and the breakfast was great (the lady who makes bacon & egg rolls is delightful and the rolls are delicious). Only quibble - wifi isn't free and it doesn't work in the rooms - however staff did give advance warning of this so that was ok. I'd definitely stay here again on my next visit to London!

Thank you your taking the time to leave a review for us. I will pass on your comments to all the staff. We are looking into different options for Wifi, so hopefully by your next visit this will all be sorted.

The location is absolutely perfect!

• 3rd Oct 2014