YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

1974 Total Reviews

a nice hostel, I was only there for 1 night and didnt spend much time there but its definately one of the nicer hostels Ive stayed in.

Hi, Thank you for the great review. Kind regards, Leigh

This place was very well situated in beautiful Soho.The rooms were clean and not having to carry/pay for bedsheets was great.Cleanliness in the bathrooms/showers could have been better.The staff was terrible.They were disturbingly indifferent to the point of being rude and their attitude set an unpleasant tone for the whole place.I guess that when your hostel is so well situated, you don't have to care for the customers because they'll keep coming anyway.My advice:Take your money somewhere else!

The window was broken in our room so we could not let any fresh air in during 2 days. For the rest we had a great stay!

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are looking into the problems with the window. Nice to hear that you had a good stay with us. Kind regards, Leigh

I keep coming back because it's everything I expect from a good hostel, with the bonus of its central location.

Free WiFi for everyone.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Great location, clean, comfortable (I would have put Excellent for cleanliness/facilities but both toilets on my floor were blocked) Would recommend this hostel/use it again.

• 27th Feb 2014

The Oxford St YHA is the best managed hostel I have stayed in. The staff were wonderful in providing advice and assistance to ensure that we enjoyed our visit to London.

• 25th Feb 2014

The guy who worked during the night was incredibly inpolite and not helpful at all. He did not seem to know what service is and he seemed not to like his job as he was being very rude all the time.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Sweden

It was a mostly clean and nice hostel, with no 'team spirit' whatsoever. I would recommend it for travelers looking for peace and a cheap play to sleep at. Not the place to meet new people! The rooms could have been cleaner too.. Staff was supernice, with a few exceptions :)

Technically absolutely perfect (location, security, staff, cleanliness, etc.), BUT very quiet hostel geared (at least in part) towards families. If you want a party hostel, look elsewhere.

• 17th Feb 2014

Been in London 5 times already and this is hostel were Im definitely coming back! Spend there 3 great nights, everything there is worth the money! Staff is very cool and helpful, location is wonderful and room was clean with comfy bed. What else do you need! Honestly the best hostel ever.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Latvia

Loved our stay here, great location and great staff! The only set back was all of the restrooms on our floor were out of order, but easily remedied by going down a flight of steps.

You can easily fall in love with the staff. They give great advices and never hesitate if you need their help. They'll always tell you what's more convinient for you. If I ever go back to London you can bet I'll stay here again. I strongly recommend YHA Oxford Street!!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

All was good except the shower- only cold water available

• 5th Feb 2014

overall ok, but the 10 am checkout time is horrible.

YHA was in an excellent location with the theatres, bars and oxford street pretty much on your doorstep. The staff were not very friendly or that helpful and it is unfortunate there is no free wifi or a basic breakfast. There are a few stairs from reception but not too many if you have a heavy bag.

The hostel is in a great location and the fact that the reception is open 24/7 is very nice in city like London where you're likely to come in at odd hours. There was a bit of miscommunication between staffmembers about moving rooms (I was told quite late I had to do that on the day of my graduation which was a bit stressful) but everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. I do think Wifi should be included in the price and that it should cover the upper floors as well.

We hope that your Graduation went well and hopefully see you back soon.

Mixed feelings. Good: very clean, outlets & shelf on each bed, quiet, many showers & toilets. Bad: no character/ atmosphere. No fun, interesting, or sociable people, everyone was quiet & kept to themselves. The staff were helpful but they all seemed to hate their life. Maybe that's just Londoners. There were fun activities discounted by the hostel, but not actually put on by them, so the staff weren't knowledgeable on details & wasn't great to meet fellow hostel mates. Good for group- not solo.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel. However, we gave the staff a lower rating because they mixed up our booking info and kicked us out of our own room when we still had one night remaining. The staff apologized but didn't go out of their way to offer us a discount or ANYTHING to compensate for the trouble of hauling our bags out of storage when we returned and found all of our belongings were missing from our room.

I have been going to this hostel for years and can only recommended because the staff is extremely friendly, it is clean. However, the only criticism I have that they should put a stool into the shower room but the hostel organisation seems to have no money for it.

• 16th Jan 2014