YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

would always stay there again, been there twice now and never left disappointed. recommended!

The person manning the desk in the evening was a bit grumpy and had me standing on the door waiting for 20 minutes. the employees the next morning were great; the accommodation, rooms, showers, location, etc. were simply perfectly and add to that the unbelievable price! I will be staying there again and again...

• 18th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Thank you for your feedback, I will investigate the reason for your prolonged acquaintance with our doorstep and the grumpy elf at reception- its not usual practice. Glad the morning staff made up for it and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Good location. Kitchen and movie nights are a bonus. I don't think my room was vacuumed for about 3 days and the sanitary bin needed emptying in the room. Don't think i saw a member of staff smile once either. Not the friendliest of YHA's.

Thanks for your feedback, we do have daily room checks to empty bins but generally a vacuum occurs for new arrivals after a check out. If you had come to reception we would have made a request to our housekeepers, you may have also seen us smile, thats one of the things we do really well here. Come back again and let us show you our best smiles. I promise we will do better next time !

All good, the only problem is that wifi is only available on 3rd floor

• 14th Dec 2014
  • China

Thats right, we like our guests talking to each other so currently its only in the communcal spaces. However, YHA has plans to extend Wi-Fi throughout the building one day so watch this space. Hope to see you again soon.

There's no wifi in the rooms. Only on the reception floor. rooms are too smal. Excellent localization and staff

Thanks for your comments, we have free Wi-Fi now but still only accessible in the communal areas, there are plans in the future to extend it throughout the building so watch this space.

Can always count on YHA! Fantastic location for exploring the city - easy to walk and around the corner from transportation to everywhere. Staff was friendly, and free WiFi and towels are a huge plus. Convenient to offer cafe drinks at the front desk. Kitchen / lounge area very nice. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

The location of this YHA is amazing, right in the middle of everything. We also found the staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. This place is a must stay and we will be back, thank you

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for your comments, you are most welcome. See you back here soon.

I was happy with everything, friendly staff, nice rooms, everything clean, good value for money in a central location. The only comment I have is on the lift - every time I wanted to use the lift either it was occupied for ages or it didn't work. My suitcase wasn't that big, but I had a recently injured ankle and there will be guests with bigger bags. As the hostel is on the 3rd floor a working lift would be great ;-)

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience despite our oldest team member playing up. The lift has been here longer than most of us so works slower than we do and has a busy schedule day to day. I agree it doesn't help that its limited to the third floor only but next time just ask one of our friendly team to give you a hand with your luggage. We dont want to see you struggle! Hope to see you back here soon, all the best.

This is an excellent hostel and definitely the best one I've stayed in in London if not ever. The staff were lovely and friendly and let me leave some of my things in the room despite it not having yet been prepared for our arrival. The facilities were all very clean and easy to use. The rooms were fabulous with enough plug sockets (I find this is often a problem when staying in hostels, people fighting over sockets), clean linen, soundproofing and lots of space. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• 30th Nov 2014

Thank you for your kind words, can you please write all our reviews?

I had a great time at the Noel St. Hostel. The staff were very kind and helpful, especially to my 7 year old grandson who just loved the place - his hotel! Apart from one intolerant, selfish and unpleasant guest in my room there were no problems and I would certainly recommend the hostel and the staff.

• 27th Nov 2014

Gosh darn it, we don't enjoy hearing about intolerant, selfish and unpleasant people staying here but the good news is that the majority of our guests are Angels. We are so happy to hear we made a good impression on your grandson, tell him to tell all his freinds and come back for a visit some day soon !

Extremely nice facility, very clean, updated, and nice. Only issue was that wi-fi is not free.

Thank you for your feedback and good news - we now have free Wi-Fi !

Fantastic location. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff. I never had to wait to use a bathroom or shower. Each bed has its own light and charge socket. I will recommend the hostel to my friends.

Thank you for your kind words, I will feedback your comments to the team. Hope to see you back here soon.

Very good value for money. Very clean, and safe and in a fantastic location. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a cheap but comfortable night

• 18th Nov 2014

Thank you so much!

Room with broken window, not so easy move to another room. Why don't you repair these window?

Thank you for leaving a review. We are looking into the issue with the window.

Very good location and value for budget.

Thank you for leaving a review.

Very helpful staff and a cool atmosphere. Clean and tidy. Great location.

Great! Thanks for leaving us a review.

Excellent hostel and Michael on the front desk was great!

Thank you for leaving us a review. I will pass on you wonderful comments to Michael.

Nice staff, perfect location and a safe place to stay. Pretty expansive though, and sad that breakfast and wi-fi was not included in the price. It was able to buy wi-fi but the connection were too weak so we could'nt have it in our room. Otherwise the toilets and private shower rooms where really fresch!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Thank you for leaving a review. As of the 1st December our wifi will be free so on your next visit it will all be up and running.

Wonderful staff on arrival, clean place and nice location...I found my hostel in London!!

So good to hear and hope this means that you will be coming back soon! Thank you for the amazing review.

No Free WIFI.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us.