YHA London Oxford Street Reviews

14 Noel Street, Soho, W1F 8GJ, London, England

Great hostel! Prefect location to visit London. The rooms where good en staff was verry friendly. Despite there was a lot of noise during the nights.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Really great place. Near Oxford circus perfect to visit london and go out the night. We Will come back as soon as possible!

• 16th Jan 2015

En general excelente. Íbamos mi pareja y yo por lo que cogimos una habitación privada. Era pequeña pero la cama era comodisima, dormimos genial los días que estuvimos. Las instalaciones del hostal perfectas. El agua de las duchas sale con una presión que te gustaría quedarte mínimo 1h bajo el agua. La cocina un encanto y súper bien equipada. El único fallo que veo es que el Internet en las habitaciones sea de pago. Con lo que pagas por la habitación privada que menos... pero por lo demás un 10.

Great place!

A bit hard to find, but worth it.

뮤지컬을 보고 밤 늦게 안전하게 들어오고 싶은 분들에게 적합한 숙소입니다. 한 블록만 밖으로 나가면 24시간 버스가 많이 다니는 길가에 밤 늦게까지는 하는 상점들도 많은 편이라 안전하고, 원한다면 근처에 있는 대부분의 극장에서 걸어올 수 있는 거리입니다. 문을 열고 들어가기 위해 일단 카드키를 찍어야 하고, 3층에 올라가면 엘리베이터를 타고 올라온 사람을 카운터에서 바로 볼 수 있어서 보안이 좋습니다. 물론 각 방마다 카드키가 있고요. 화장실과 샤워실이 공용인것이 아쉽지만, 매일 하루에 한번이상 청결하게 정리되는 것 같아요. 단점은 주변 호스텔과 비슷하거나 비싼 것 같이 느껴졌는데 조식이 없다는 점과 무엇보다 엘리베이터가 없다는 점입니다. 엘리베이터는 로비인 3층으로 가는 것 밖에 없고 내부에서는 계단을 통해서 오르내려야 합니다. 4인실을 사용했는데 다소 비좁게 느껴졌습니다만 각 침대마다 콘센트와 전등이 있다는 점이 좋네요.

O Hostel é super bem localizado! Banheiros e chuveiro bom também. Fiquei no quarto feminino para 4 pessoas. O quarto era muito pequeno para as malas e para as quatro pessoas, mas é bem limpo. Não tem café da manhã incluso. Recomendo super!

• 11th Jan 2015

This is a great hostel on most metrics--location, amenities, etc. But it is NOT really a "youth hostel"--there were many families and even older adults which caught be a tad by surprise. Most hostels I've stayed at have something like a 35 year age max on the shared rooms, but this place definitely does not.

Auberge de jeunesse parfaitement située pour un week-end ! L'établissement est moderne, chambre, douches et toilettes très propres, cuisine toute équipée, personnel sympathique.

The hostel is in the centre of London and very easy to find, close to underground station. Staff were helpful, clean room and toilets/showers, and everything was well organized. Quite quiet if you look how close it is to the busy centre. Bed and mattress very comfortable, clean bedding. It is one of the best hostels in the UK I have stayed in so far.

The YHA is located in the heart of london. Its a nice hostel with three bed dorms (single beds, such a pleasure). only negative point: the common room is without any atmosphere. rec!

I thought it was silly to charge for certain things that come standard in most hostels. Understandably, the cost of operating a business in London is higher than in most places, but to charge more for a coffee than the starbucks literally across the way seems strange.

Great hostel, as central as it could be. Loved it!!!

When I booked, hostel was advertised as not having free wifi.Got there and there was free wifi which was just the best news ever! Staff were all really nice and helpful, heaps of showers and they were always hot, proper toilets (not cubicles), awesome location, great facilities, sinks in the rooms and a PowerPoint for each bed. Couldn't ask for anything more, and cheaper than the last hostel I stayed in in London which was terrible!

Vale la pena.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Argentina

We found the bathrooms on our floor, especially the toilets, to be very dirty and too disgusting to use them. I am pretty sure they are cleaned in the morning, but yeah the rest of the day not really nice. Also, I woke up with bite marks possibly related to bed bugs on my feet and hip. I guess the room was examined and declared to be clear of bed bugs, but I would still be very careful.

Thanks for your feedback. Our toilets are cleaned daily and checked on every shift. If there is a problem you should have told us so that we can do something about it at the time. The standards you describe are not the standards we strive for. We take bed bugs seriously and I have investiagted your allegation, however there is no evidence of bed bugs at this hostel at this time. If you wish to discuss the matter further please get in touch.

would always stay there again, been there twice now and never left disappointed. recommended!

Excelente ubicación, cerca del metro, de supermercados, de vida nocturna. Recomendable para parejas o familias, o personas viajando solas. La cocina, es de las mejores que he visto en los hostales, bien equipada, grande.

Thank you for your kind words, come again soon.

The person manning the desk in the evening was a bit grumpy and had me standing on the door waiting for 20 minutes. the employees the next morning were great; the accommodation, rooms, showers, location, etc. were simply perfectly and add to that the unbelievable price! I will be staying there again and again...

• 18th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Thank you for your feedback, I will investigate the reason for your prolonged acquaintance with our doorstep and the grumpy elf at reception- its not usual practice. Glad the morning staff made up for it and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Good location. Kitchen and movie nights are a bonus. I don't think my room was vacuumed for about 3 days and the sanitary bin needed emptying in the room. Don't think i saw a member of staff smile once either. Not the friendliest of YHA's.

Thanks for your feedback, we do have daily room checks to empty bins but generally a vacuum occurs for new arrivals after a check out. If you had come to reception we would have made a request to our housekeepers, you may have also seen us smile, thats one of the things we do really well here. Come back again and let us show you our best smiles. I promise we will do better next time !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6