YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

Room as described, good facilities including lounge enjoyed by friends, ideal location...all in all brilliant!!

Very friendly and competent staff and very convenient location to three main railway stations make this an excellent choice of hostel in London. The dorms are clean and beds comfortable.

Dear costumer, Thank you for your lovely review! Hope we'll see you again! Cora, Team member

Overall a good hostel with big rooms. While I was there the common room was taken over by a lady who demanded total silence every day. Also staff were rude.

at my first night the room was cold and noisy. Of course I had just tought because my room was in Euston Road but the noisy was do to the window that was not locked. I complained and told me that I should report them and check if anything is not ok. Are you maybe asking me that a customer at his/her arrive should check the room? If so what are you doing there as a reception job? For 3 days I had no chance to have a warm room. No more there.50% must have money back. Service is not adequate.

• 3rd Nov 2014

The location was perfect right next to kings cross and easy to get to, however a lot more older people and was hard to talk to them. If your looking for a place to meet young people to sight see and go out, I suggest stay somewhere else. Breakfast for £5 was average and cooked food could of been a bit freshier.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Dear costumer, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback to improve. Although this is a Youth Hostel, we don't have age limit, so we have a variety of people staying with us. I'm sorry about hearing about the breakfast, thanks for the feedback again. Cora, Team member

Thanks for a lovely stay! it was very easy and the staff were friendly and helpful. great location too. would certainly stay here again.

• 31st Oct 2014

The helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, seems to be dependent at the time of each visit of who happens to be there. This time I found them very helpful. The shower in room 202 continues to be a problem and a decent shower head needs to be installed. It would be useful to have a soap container installed on the wall of the bathroom, as this is a basic need for hand washing after using the toilet.

• 28th Oct 2014

Staff very helpful, beautiful and clean

The YHA was conveniently located for my purposes, a short walk from the Euston tube station and directly across from the beautiful British Library. What was disappointing though was that free WiFi is only available for YHA members and luggage/locker storage cost £2 per day. Overall, you get your money's worth for the cleanliness and location. There's even a small café on the ground floor where you can get a quick bite, as well as a lounge on the first floor to hang out or regroup.

Price - location, Friendly stuff

The staff here is awful. I've stayed at many hostels in Europe and the U.S and this was the worst staff I've came across. I thought it was just one person who was rude when I asked a question, but discovered that most of the people who work there are quite awful- arrogant and not personable. The location is perfect and the rooms are quite nice, but none of that makes up for the horrible service.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Unless you are a yha member I would not recommend staying here. The room was very poor for the expensive price and there was mould all through the ceiling in the shower. Then having to pay £5 for internet acces for just 24 hours was a rip off. There a many better options out there rather than this hostel.

• 10th Oct 2014

Stayed with family (6) again. Great staff, good location and security. Value breakfast option.

It was terribly hot in the room, even if it was October. There was rubbish on the floor and next to the bed, the bathroom was not very clean but not terrible. Good location though.

My stay at the hostel was great except for the fact that the shower in my dorm leaked water onto the floor of the bathroom and outside the bathroom door a bit too.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Convenient, literally steps from St. Pancras station. Staff are nice and helpful. I was lucky my roommates were very nice people and well behaved. We had bathrooms ensuite. There were also extra bathrooms in the hall on the floor which was nice. One thing: A small servery/kitchen where guests can boil water for tea, etc. A full kitchen would not be a good isea. It'd be messy and dirty.

Lockers not big enough for carry-on w/ wheels; must provide your own lock. Each room has key card access and you could not get into the accommodation area without your key card. No kitchen facilities and breakfast not included. Staff were friendly. Cafe food ok. Very close to St Pancras/King's Cross stations. Guests were a range of ages; many retiree-aged people. Quiet hostel, but stayed during week. Try the TV lounge on floor 1 for peace. Internet 5 GBP/ 24 hours. Luggage storage for 2 - 3 GBP.

We arrived around 12 PM, but the girl at the reception told us to wait until 2 PM, because they had to clean the room. We went for a walk, got back around 1:30 PM, but they did not say a word about our room being ready, so we had lunch at one of the tables there. We were finished before 2, and I asked if we can go to our room already. We did not quite understand why they had to make us wait, as the only thing they did was change the linen. The bathroom was smelly and moldy, the trashcan was full

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

I really appreciate for the help to arrange me on the bottom of the bunk bed. Thank youuu

Stayed with family (6) in a private dorm. Dorm beds were really long. Toilet and shower small but functional. Staff were terrific. Arrived early and left late, happy to store all our luggage. The breakfast option was good value (£5 for full English plus cereal,coffee,fruit).

« first « Prev 1 2 3