YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

The YHA was conveniently located for my purposes, a short walk from the Euston tube station and directly across from the beautiful British Library. What was disappointing though was that free WiFi is only available for YHA members and luggage/locker storage cost £2 per day. Overall, you get your money's worth for the cleanliness and location. There's even a small café on the ground floor where you can get a quick bite, as well as a lounge on the first floor to hang out or regroup.

• 19th Oct 2014

The staff here is awful. I've stayed at many hostels in Europe and the U.S and this was the worst staff I've came across. I thought it was just one person who was rude when I asked a question, but discovered that most of the people who work there are quite awful- arrogant and not personable. The location is perfect and the rooms are quite nice, but none of that makes up for the horrible service.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Stayed with family (6) again. Great staff, good location and security. Value breakfast option.

It was terribly hot in the room, even if it was October. There was rubbish on the floor and next to the bed, the bathroom was not very clean but not terrible. Good location though.

My stay at the hostel was great except for the fact that the shower in my dorm leaked water onto the floor of the bathroom and outside the bathroom door a bit too.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Convenient, literally steps from St. Pancras station. Staff are nice and helpful. I was lucky my roommates were very nice people and well behaved. We had bathrooms ensuite. There were also extra bathrooms in the hall on the floor which was nice. One thing: A small servery/kitchen where guests can boil water for tea, etc. A full kitchen would not be a good isea. It'd be messy and dirty.

Lockers not big enough for carry-on w/ wheels; must provide your own lock. Each room has key card access and you could not get into the accommodation area without your key card. No kitchen facilities and breakfast not included. Staff were friendly. Cafe food ok. Very close to St Pancras/King's Cross stations. Guests were a range of ages; many retiree-aged people. Quiet hostel, but stayed during week. Try the TV lounge on floor 1 for peace. Internet 5 GBP/ 24 hours. Luggage storage for 2 - 3 GBP.

We arrived around 12 PM, but the girl at the reception told us to wait until 2 PM, because they had to clean the room. We went for a walk, got back around 1:30 PM, but they did not say a word about our room being ready, so we had lunch at one of the tables there. We were finished before 2, and I asked if we can go to our room already. We did not quite understand why they had to make us wait, as the only thing they did was change the linen. The bathroom was smelly and moldy, the trashcan was full

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

I really appreciate for the help to arrange me on the bottom of the bunk bed. Thank youuu

Stayed with family (6) in a private dorm. Dorm beds were really long. Toilet and shower small but functional. Staff were terrific. Arrived early and left late, happy to store all our luggage. The breakfast option was good value (£5 for full English plus cereal,coffee,fruit).

Friendly and helpful staff no matter what time I went to ask a question - fantastic location and the No 11 outside the door is like a Tourist bus - took us all through the Centre of London and to Harrods. We loved our time in London and will stay at the YHA again because of the staff and the amazing location. The rooms are clean and basic. Only thing for us was I think it wouldn't be too much to have Wifi or at least a little cheaper but overall really great value and we loved London

Stayed with my mother and sisters in a family room. We enjoyed our stay very much. The hostel is right across st. Pancras international station, very convenient. Rooms are clean, beds are good, staff is friendly. What more can I say. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit tot London.

• 19th Sep 2014

I oculdnt be happier. Perfect for the older person traveling alone.

• 16th Sep 2014

It is very close to Kings Cross station that I made reservation. Very clean room, bathroom, cozy cafe on the ground floor. I stayed 5beds rooms which was comfortable, space enough. I used the washing machine and dryer, it did work very well.

Although breakfast is not included. They make a mean English breakfast for 5 pounds. Location is excellent, so close to the tube. I will definately stay there again!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Very clean and felt very secure. Great location. Need longer beds tho but that's the only complaint I have.

I only stayed for one night between connections from London to Brussels via the Eurostar train; if you are travelling via St Pancras station you couldn't ask for a better location. The staff is friendly, they have a nice bar and the showers are strong and hot (although I noticed mold in our shower stall, the bathroom fan isn't very powerful). The only downside is the road outside is incredibly noisy: so try not to open your window, or ask for a room on the opposite side of the building.

Very nice team,helping you always with smile,very competent. Many thanks for helping me with computer and for looking for my tickets. Mrs Losseroy , Sept 3rd to Sept 5th

I was VERY impressed. I did not know what to expect and thought I might stick out as I am 77 but not at all. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and I enjoyed every minute! I did not know you could be a member and get a reduction on the prices. I would like to do this but I have already booked a few nights in Marakech. Is there any chance that I can join and get a reduction on this little outing - it would help a lot! thank you for everything Amanda Gale

• 1st Sep 2014

Had a perfect stay here at YHA. It was so much better than I expected and the hostel staff were really lovely!

« first « Prev 1 2 3