YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

Great location, decent rooms (although they could have used more storage space and more outlets), and an overly old atmosphere (ost of the people I encountered there were at least 50). The bathroom situation was pretty atrocious as well. I stayed on a floor with four shared bathrooms: two were entirely out of order for my whole stay, one always smelled gag-worthy, and one had a shower that didn't drain as well as a toilet that didn't lock (staff didn't get them fixed after being notified).

• 12th Dec 2014

Only stayed at the hostel for a night, literally just for a bed. However I was pleasantly surprised by how good the hostel was! I have stayed in quite a few hostels in London and I would definitely rate the YHA as one of the best. Staff extremely friendly and polite (which sometimes isn't the case!) Has the feel of a hotel, easily accessible and excellent value for money (£15 for a bed in a 4 bed female dorm). Would highly recommend!

• 11th Dec 2014

Great place to stay!! Stay there most times when in london!!

Very friendly and cosy atmosphere. Couldn't have been better. We'll be back ;-)

Comfy beds, reading light at night, quite clean, right near the tube station. No facilities but if your just after a bed then it's fab.

I was very pleased with my stay at YHA st Pancras,good price for such a well positioned location minutes from Kings Cross stations,St Pancras and Euston,which fits the bill for travellers and convenience for linking up travel getting around London,for people on a lower budget,dont mind sharing a room to save some money The staff were excellentand attentive giving the place an all round feel good factor.Everything was cleanand noise minimal. Whte Coffee poor.soup delicious,food good all round

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Location is perfect, very close to both Euston and St. Pancras stations. I was also pleased with how clean the hostel was, and security was also good. The staff seemed either bored, more interested in their own conversations, and in one instance, patronizing. Still for the price, I can't complain too much. I doubt I would return to this hostel however.

I really enjoyed my stay! Staff is friendly, beds are solid, comfortable and clean. The rooms are warm. I felt my things were very safe in the room. Each room (6 people) has a bathroom. The food is nice and not expensive. The lounge on 1st flood is clean, nice, comfortable and has a huge TV. The downsides are: wifi is expensive 5 pounds for 24h, breakfast not included in price and the window in my bedroom didn't close well and my bed was just in front of it. Very well located.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Good location, everytime I visit London, I stay in this place. Marc from France.

I had a very nice stay in a bedroom for two people. The staff was nice and the living room was very pleasant. I'm definetely going to come back next time I'll stay in London. There are only two things I didn't like. When we arrived, at about 11 am, we had to wait until 14 pm to go to our bedroom, whereas the check out must be done at 10 am.

Room as described, good facilities including lounge enjoyed by friends, ideal location...all in all brilliant!!

Very friendly and competent staff and very convenient location to three main railway stations make this an excellent choice of hostel in London. The dorms are clean and beds comfortable.

Dear costumer, Thank you for your lovely review! Hope we'll see you again! Cora, Team member

Overall a good hostel with big rooms. While I was there the common room was taken over by a lady who demanded total silence every day. Also staff were rude.

at my first night the room was cold and noisy. Of course I had just tought because my room was in Euston Road but the noisy was do to the window that was not locked. I complained and told me that I should report them and check if anything is not ok. Are you maybe asking me that a customer at his/her arrive should check the room? If so what are you doing there as a reception job? For 3 days I had no chance to have a warm room. No more there.50% must have money back. Service is not adequate.

• 3rd Nov 2014

The location was perfect right next to kings cross and easy to get to, however a lot more older people and was hard to talk to them. If your looking for a place to meet young people to sight see and go out, I suggest stay somewhere else. Breakfast for £5 was average and cooked food could of been a bit freshier.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Dear costumer, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback to improve. Although this is a Youth Hostel, we don't have age limit, so we have a variety of people staying with us. I'm sorry about hearing about the breakfast, thanks for the feedback again. Cora, Team member

Thanks for a lovely stay! it was very easy and the staff were friendly and helpful. great location too. would certainly stay here again.

• 31st Oct 2014

The helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, seems to be dependent at the time of each visit of who happens to be there. This time I found them very helpful. The shower in room 202 continues to be a problem and a decent shower head needs to be installed. It would be useful to have a soap container installed on the wall of the bathroom, as this is a basic need for hand washing after using the toilet.

• 28th Oct 2014

Staff very helpful, beautiful and clean

The YHA was conveniently located for my purposes, a short walk from the Euston tube station and directly across from the beautiful British Library. What was disappointing though was that free WiFi is only available for YHA members and luggage/locker storage cost £2 per day. Overall, you get your money's worth for the cleanliness and location. There's even a small café on the ground floor where you can get a quick bite, as well as a lounge on the first floor to hang out or regroup.

Price - location, Friendly stuff