YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

Hostel is well located near King's Cross and St. Pancreas. It was also quite clean. However, the heater/air conditioner in my room was not working and I heard units in other rooms were also not working. Unfortunately it was sweltering in my room because there was a complete lack of airflow. The WiFi at the hostel isn't free and there is quite a hefty charge if you aren't a member, but there are lots of places in London where you can get free WiFi.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The facilities were really nice (2 electrical outlets in every bed!). Plus, the had a great free breakfast and lots of tours you could take directly from the hostel. It was also close to a metro stop do it was really easy to get around town. The only downside was that it was a bit loud at night as there are a bunch of youths who are here to party, but if you're into that kind of thing (or a heavy sleeper) than no problem!

• 10th Jun 2014

disappointed with the breakfast- Bacon was not cooked -scrambled eggs were dry & tasteless & the meal was not good overall. the noise factor on the 4th floor with doors banging throughout the night was not condusive to sleep

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Whenever I have been in this hostel I have had a very nice experience and i've found very helpful staff.

Both times I stayed at this hostel I could hardly sleep for the Temperature of the rooms! Why it is so hot with no way to open the windows I have no idea! The other annoying thing is that you can't even get free wifi given the cost of a nights stay! I stayed in much cheaper places that at least offered free wifi!

Maybe on your website give better directions from St Pancras Station, like "We're right accros the street". I wandered around a bit beforehand (in the rain) looking and looking, but somehow missed it at first!! Yet it was SO close by!

• 27th May 2014
  • South Africa

Why did they take away the self catering kitchen? Such a mean thing to do.

• 26th May 2014

The rooms were basic but clean with very comfy beds. The bathrooms were also clean & was easy to get hot water. Staff were all helpful & friendly. Location is great for visiting Camden area but also within walking distance from both Euston & Kings cross stations. I agree with other comments that you can hear traffic from outside but it's London so you have to expect that. The food in the cafe downstairs was really nice. My only complaint is that there is not free wifi.

Full of old people, I thought it was a youth hostel. Poor night atmosphere but they had a really good breakfast option at a good price

• 18th May 2014
  • New Zealand

great location loved it

Very clean. If you want a lower bunk, make sure you ask for it when booking.

• 17th May 2014

although I will be staying at this hostel again I did find my room incredibly noisy and cramped! I hope i will be able to stay in a quiter room when I return!

No soap at sinks. This is a basic health and safety issue to reduce infection and prevent someone from getting I'll and spoiling their stay in London.

Yha was good value as we needed early access to kings cross station. Everything we needed for an overnite stay was available to us and the staff were helpful and efficient. A great place for a short stay.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

great location and friendly stuff nice to stay really

Wish they had free wi-fi. They have it for members but the price for non-members is outrageous. There is a Starbucks nearby so I went there for breakfast and wi-fi every morning.

5 mins away from Kings Cross ang always very clean. Very nice staff

No breakfast and limited wifi (only to members) provided but location was central and good to travel around!

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Very convenience for Eurostar traveller =]

We had two problems. One was the lightbulb.... This was fixed on the second day. We also complained about the toilet seat in the bathroom by 505. This was never fixed the whole seven days we were there and was very annoying. Also we were not allowed to leave our toiletries in the bathroom....I lost a number of items and there should have been a notice we were not permitted to use the separate bathroom as such

• 10th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We regret that you had so many problems with the bathrooms. The shared bathrooms see a lot of use, but we try to keep them maintained as much as possible. We also have dormitories and private rooms that are en suite if you would like a bathroom that is used by fewer people and where you can leave your toiletries. We hope that the rest of the stay was good and that you would consider staying with us again.