YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

Only stayed here for a night because I had come in from Paris from St Pancras, and needed a place to stay for a night before my flight the next day from Heathrow. The location was extremely convenient, as it was about a three minute walk from the station. The staff were incredibly friendly, welcoming, and helpful, but the shower in my en-suite was broken, so some of the facilities need a bit of maintenance. Overall, though, had quite a pleasant experience here!

Has been a great hostel since it was built. Sadly, on the day before my departure the comfortable chairs and table in the common room were all removed to be replaced by picnic tables thus destroying the ambience of the nicest lounge room among. the association's hostels in London. So sad!

We walked into a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, the staff were all accommodating and friendly. Room was clean and beds comfortable not to mention the meals/breakfast we had which was of a good standard.

• 21st Aug 2015

Really good location, wouldn't stay here for more than a couple days. Staff are really friendly and welcoming. Facilities could be maintained better, my room bad broken cupboards, no where safe to lock up valuables and the shower okay.

Key card took 3 attempts of re-coding and having to return to the front desk to get into dorm room. Despite the fan in the room, it was exceptionally hot, which made it hard to sleep. The beds are meant for small children, not adults (I am 5'8 and found it very small). Paid for an en-suite and the shower/toilet in our room was out of order. The only positive was I had an early train and the location was exceptionally convenient .

Major con: Being allocated or systematically assigned a top bunk during check-in against my wishes when a bottom bunk was still available in my dorm. Moved to a lower bed three days later, which I should have had on a first come, first serve basis in the first place. Other cons: no self-catering kitchen, over-priced breakfast, limited selections in cafe, tedious music in reception. Pros: awesome TV lounge, great laundry facilities at a reasonable cost, nice bathrooms/showers, great location.

Clean and tidy hostel. Happy to change my room when I requested a bottom bunk. Bar area a real asset. Lower floor rooms require updating and ensure toilet seat was broken. Location fantastic

I stayed on 306 and there is no electricity socket for upper bunk. Should improve on this.

Nice place to stay but if you are looking to meet people and a fun nigh life this isn't the place to go. It was very clean and a 3 minute walk from the train station and underground. I wish I had known it was a family oriented hostile before I booked this stay. Would recommend it to people who are traveling with a group.

Not a party hostel but big lockers clean rooms comfy beds and Fiona to sleep under windows opened so fresh air and close to kings cross so access to wherever you want to go in London. Cheaper than most hostels in the city without being gross.

The staffs should manage the customers who irritate other customers by making noise..........there were bunch of school girls making big noise at the lounge and it was super annoying.....I was shocked that any staff pointed it out.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Overall great experience. Staff were mostly friendly, a few around with sour looks on their faces. Breakfast a bit pricey but was good quality. Rooms got stuffy and my room was facing euston rd- couldn't open window due to noise. A lot of loud tour groups. Seemed to cater more to families and older travellers so avoid if not your scene. But great location, facilities and clean and secure. Will recommend.

Impressed with cleanliness and friendly staff. Pity no self-catering facility at all.

Very close to king cross station and international rail station. I only stayed there for a night but I would recommend to those who has early train to catch.

This is an excellent hostel. They are well situated within easy Tube rides to everything you want to do in London and plenty of good stuff within walking distance. My only (and severe) critique...after ten years of staying at this place, they still do not have wifi in the rooms. Come on guys, it's time to join the 21st century. I'm currently staying in a run down hostel in Switzerland nothing remotely like yours, but I've got wifi in the room. Buy some routers and upgrade.

Lovely stay, brilliant location, helpful staff, very safe and clean. Would stay here again easily.

Great hostel, was a bit stuffy and warm in the room (even with open window) but you get that a lot in London. Otherwise good spaceous rooms and facilities.

This is a fabulous hostel true to the YHA spirit.

Great location, next to St. Pancras station with easy access to the tube. Well maintained hostel with great facilities. Only downside is there was no self-service kitchen. The cafe was lovely though. I checked in quite early and there was plenty of storage space for luggage in lockers (for a small fee). Staff was very friendly and helpful when we found someone had already checked into our beds, it was all sorted out very quickly. I would absolutely stay here any time I return to London!

Had a good few nights. Security is really good. Had a terrible time getting wifi, and the staff was very helpful but I wasn't ever able to connect. Wasn't the end of the world, just walked down the street to a Starbucks. Was close to the metro, so that made getting to central London very easy and it was super easy to get to both Heathrow and Gatwick