YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

It was a great stay. Even though I arrived at 1am., the staff was nice and willing to help. My room was in good condition, new beds and bedclothes, very quite. The hostel has proper location, close to the center and rail stations.

Staff are nice-ish. You are mad to feel like you're annoying them when you want to ask a question or order food. Cleanliness is ok, however some of the bathroom facilities were damaged and not replace during the week. They do not offer self catering facilities despite having a small kitchen in the living room. It would be great if guests could at least use the microwave there and maybe store some food in the fridge...

You have to pay for wifi and to store your luggage. Seriously?

Hi, Thanks for leaving your review, we appreciate your feedback. We do provide a free locker for each person in every room which is quite large. We have additional lockers downstairs which we do charge for if you need them. WiFi does cost money to use - unless you're a member. An individual membership costs £15/year (£7.50 for under 26s) and gives you free WiFi at over 50 YHAs and £3 off per night of your stay: it pays for itself quite quickly!

Great location close by to St. Pancras station and easy walking distancd to many of London attractions. Staff are friendly, but not consistently so. Some look like have weight of the world on their shoulders. Facilities good. Not enough electrical outlets in the room. Having said, I would certainly come back!

I was about to travel by Eurostar so this hostel was initially chosen for its proximity to St Pancras- which couldn't be bettered! It has no self-catering facilities but has a 24 hr bar so I was even able to get a coffee at 4.15am when I picked up my packed breakfast! During the evening it was serving freshly cooked food. The atmosphere was very good and the area round the bar serves as a common room. All ages there, and everyone friendly.

• 12th Jan 2014

Hi, Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. We're glad that you had a good time and hope you will stay with us again!

The best hostel ever !!!! Lived it and I'll come back for sure !

Hi, We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We hope to see you again soon!

The hostel is very good. However, the bathroom was the main drawback.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • ericoleao

An item this hostel has that most don't, that is very convenient, is washing machines and dryers. I didn't have to lug my laundry across town to wash it.

Room was only available at 2pm. No soap in the room. No plugs in the room. Locker too small for a normal bag. Locker costs 3 pounds and you have to pay it again to close it. Staff unfriendly.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Austria

Sorry that you had a bad experience with us, however soap is available at reception, every bed has a plug next to it, as well as plugs in the lobby and lounge, oversized luggage can be stored in our luggage room and check in is at 2pm because the rooms need to be cleaned. If you have any furhter questions, you can always contact us directly!

Could not open window in room enougth and resulted in very hot and very stale room with 6 people in it.

• 8th Dec 2013

Hi Tim, thanks for the feedback. In future, you can ask at reception because, for safety reasons, only staff can unlock the windows! We hope it didn't deter you from staying with us again next time you're in London.

Really helpful staff, especially Daniel- he is great. Locaion really convenient. Will return when I come to London next time.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Thanks for your feedback! We hope you'll stay with us again nexr time you're in London :)

1. The hostel is clean and tidy, but lack of facilities provided. 2. Wifi only for members, which is very important for all travellers. 3. Not kitchen provided for us to do simple food.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. I know this is central london but I was on the 5th floor and there was still noise from the main road outside which is one of those things given the area, so earplugs are advised. The social area is modern and comfortable. Breakfast is great value for money too! Thanks for a pleasant stay.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Hi Lawrence, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The road is very noisy but at least the earplugs helped.

Being yha, you have to pay for everything additional to the bed if you are not a member - wifi, left luggage, breakfast etc. This isn't made clear when booking which it definitely should be. The beds are very narrow and the duvets are equally narrow, making a good nights sleep near impossible. Being so huge there is almost no atmosphere and the wobbly lockers in the rooms do not offer adequate security. The en suite bathroom could do with a good clean and a shower curtain.

The location was really strategic, just right opposite a train station. However, the heater in the whole building broke down the 3 days I was there and we had to use a portable heater provided by the staff. Still it was freezing as the windows were 'leaking'. Unlike other accommodations that provide wifi for free, we had to pay for wifi and even then you could only use it in the lounge room and downstairs. Also the shower didn't have a door or curtain so the whole bathroom would just get wet.

• Malaysia

Location is excellent if u've an early morning eurostar to catch...overall i'm one happy customer...

• Malaysia

Staff were fantastic , really helpful and efficient. A friendly welcome.

• 20th Nov 2013

Everything was absolutely perfect except for the showers which did not work very well.

• 15th Nov 2013

I've already been in 5 hostel in London and I think that is the best one. I mean it's in a great location, the bathroom is in the room, the room is always cleaned, the atmosphere is easy and happy. I reakly enjoyed my stay here, The only "problem" is that there isn't a kitchen that you can use. But instead there is a bar that works 24 hours. Really positive feedback.

Great location, the staff are very friendly and happy to help. Rooms are clean, warm and simple. All you'll need for a visit to London. I'll be returning and would consider YHA as a base hub for any future visits!