YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

The location of the hostel is fantastic!

I only stayed there for a night but I really liked it and would definetely recommend it. The location was excellant, and the hostel was very nice inside. I also found very convinient the lamp and plug next to your bed so that you won't annoy the rest by turning on the lights. Maybe the only problem that I noticed, was the lack of door lock in the shared toilet of the room but maybe that was just an exception. And maybe they could remove a bed from the 5 bed dorms so that there is so more space.

They gave me a male dorm...even I am a girl... and though..double booked... Shower rome was nice.

Good location, but rooms facing street are a bit nosiey from traffic and when window shut get very stuffy. IN room bathrooms need a better fan system and often floor ends up very wet.

No wi-fi. Every service to be paid for. Bad hospitality at check-in counter.

• 28th Sep 2013

Clean, good location, expensive (probably it's a problem of London) ... Look more like a hotel thn a hostel

breakfast bread buns horrible. Staff helpful, friendly. Great location.

• 21st Sep 2013

This is my favorite YHA hostel, and probably my favorite hostel of all time. First of all, the dorms are only four people, and even in such a small dorm, they have your own bathroom. In some of the dorms, this even included separate showering and toilet rooms. The atmosphere is very cozy, clean and safe. The TV common room is cool. The staff are friendly. And all for such a good price! I wish they still had the free breakfast, but hey, you can't have everything ; )

Really good, however 1 bathroom was out of order which left 2 bathrooms to be used between one floor.. You had wait up to 15 minutes some times to go to the toilet in the mornings. Wi fi is not free, only bummer.

Been to same hostel on a few occasions and always friendly, clean and central

located very close to Kings Cross/St Pancreas.. clean and adequate for a dorm stye of accomodation. Provision of a towel would be nice but same can be hired at reception. did not notice undue noise that comes with communal accomodation. Breakfast could be purchased... good value for money but did not really enjoy the bacon roll [ probably due to having sat in a food warmer for a time] Reception staff were pleasent and I noted very helpful to another guest when checking out. Would stay again..

No free wireless, Nice rooms and beds, good localization

Great stay. Really lovely helpful people on desk and in Cafe. Feel very much at home there

• 6th Sep 2013

During former visits I have always the hostel excellent. This time it was annoying that the plates and other dishes weren't properly washed and repeatedly mucky and greasy. This is a no go!

• 6th Sep 2013

An OK hostel with excellent staff

The hostel is very close to King's Cross and St. Pancras stations, within 10 mins walk to Euston Station too. The staff are nice and approchable. They have lifts so you can go up to your room easily even with heavy luggage. The restaurant and computer area is cozy. Laundry is available too. The room is clean with shower and toilet. I would definitely revisit it when I go to London again!

Everything was fine apart from having one barely warm shower and one completely cold.

The hostel is in an excellent location for exploring the sites of London being located very close to the tube station and numerous bus stops. The location in a back street makes it a ideal place to get a good sleep being quiet without the noise of traffic. The staff were very welcoming and friendly giving plenty of useful information and advice. The close proximity to supermarkets and numerous eating and fast food places are all added bonuses associated with the hostel.

I had no warm shower during my stay. I tried every shower room but didn't find any of them was warm. No light per each bed, and the plugs were under the bed so if someone is sleeping in the bed you have no way to use that plug. I couldn't even charge my mobile phone. Wifi wasn't free. The location and stuff were excellent and the bed was comfortable, but this was my worst experience with a hostel. I had another reservation at here but I cancelled it and booked another place.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • China

No hot water for almost 2 days. ShWindow had no lock to pull tight hence a lot of traffic noise. Hot water issue same as 3 years ago so no improvement there.