YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

Why did they take away the self catering kitchen? Such a mean thing to do.

• 26th May 2014

The rooms were basic but clean with very comfy beds. The bathrooms were also clean & was easy to get hot water. Staff were all helpful & friendly. Location is great for visiting Camden area but also within walking distance from both Euston & Kings cross stations. I agree with other comments that you can hear traffic from outside but it's London so you have to expect that. The food in the cafe downstairs was really nice. My only complaint is that there is not free wifi.

Full of old people, I thought it was a youth hostel. Poor night atmosphere but they had a really good breakfast option at a good price

• 18th May 2014
  • New Zealand

great location loved it

Very clean. If you want a lower bunk, make sure you ask for it when booking.

• 17th May 2014

although I will be staying at this hostel again I did find my room incredibly noisy and cramped! I hope i will be able to stay in a quiter room when I return!

No soap at sinks. This is a basic health and safety issue to reduce infection and prevent someone from getting I'll and spoiling their stay in London.

Yha was good value as we needed early access to kings cross station. Everything we needed for an overnite stay was available to us and the staff were helpful and efficient. A great place for a short stay.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

great location and friendly stuff nice to stay really

Wish they had free wi-fi. They have it for members but the price for non-members is outrageous. There is a Starbucks nearby so I went there for breakfast and wi-fi every morning.

5 mins away from Kings Cross ang always very clean. Very nice staff

No breakfast and limited wifi (only to members) provided but location was central and good to travel around!

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Very convenience for Eurostar traveller =]

We had two problems. One was the lightbulb.... This was fixed on the second day. We also complained about the toilet seat in the bathroom by 505. This was never fixed the whole seven days we were there and was very annoying. Also we were not allowed to leave our toiletries in the bathroom....I lost a number of items and there should have been a notice we were not permitted to use the separate bathroom as such

• 10th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We regret that you had so many problems with the bathrooms. The shared bathrooms see a lot of use, but we try to keep them maintained as much as possible. We also have dormitories and private rooms that are en suite if you would like a bathroom that is used by fewer people and where you can leave your toiletries. We hope that the rest of the stay was good and that you would consider staying with us again.

Unable to fault this hostel after my one night's stay :) Have stayed here a number of times before and would not hesitate to come again! Although in a busy area, it is conveniently close to King's Cross St Pancras rail and underground stations and other public transport, as well as the centre of London itself.

It's great as a facility and position and staff. A bit more space in the common room would be good.. I miss the wonderful breakfasts upstairs.. ut the food was good.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Great location next to st pancras station. Very clean and new facilities. Friendly staff.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be back next time you come to London.

the shower was bad, there is no curtain in the shower room, so the water spurted out on the floor. the noise proof is bad, woke up early by the traffic noise. heater was not warm enough. apart from those, other bits are all right.

Thanks for taking time to leave your review. We're sorry that the shower wasn't up to standard in your case. Each floor in the hostel has a few shower rooms to choose from just in case yours isn't working properly. We try to check our facilities thoroughly and if reported, we'll get maintainance to take a look at any problems ASAP. We can put a heater in your room if it's not hot enough, too. Despite the problems we hope you enjoyed your stay overall and that you'd consider staying again.

The bath facilities are quiet poor. Smell in shower

Hi, Sorry that the showers weren't quite up to standard for you. We try to keep them as clean as possible, despite the large numbers of people who use them each day! We have a few shower rooms on each floor if the one nearest to you is not to your liking. We hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and that you'd consider staying with us again.

7am breakfast start would be good for us early birds...

• 20th Mar 2014

Hi, Thanks for leaving your review- we're glad you enjoyed your time with us! I thought we'd let you know that we can arrange a packed breakfast to be prepared early for those of you who like to be up at the crack of dawn. Just ask at reception and we'll make sure it's there for you to collect when you come downstairs in the morning. We hope you'll stay with us again some time in the future.