YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

The hostel is very good. However, the bathroom was the main drawback.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • ericoleao

An item this hostel has that most don't, that is very convenient, is washing machines and dryers. I didn't have to lug my laundry across town to wash it.

Room was only available at 2pm. No soap in the room. No plugs in the room. Locker too small for a normal bag. Locker costs 3 pounds and you have to pay it again to close it. Staff unfriendly.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Austria

Sorry that you had a bad experience with us, however soap is available at reception, every bed has a plug next to it, as well as plugs in the lobby and lounge, oversized luggage can be stored in our luggage room and check in is at 2pm because the rooms need to be cleaned. If you have any furhter questions, you can always contact us directly!

Could not open window in room enougth and resulted in very hot and very stale room with 6 people in it.

• 8th Dec 2013

Hi Tim, thanks for the feedback. In future, you can ask at reception because, for safety reasons, only staff can unlock the windows! We hope it didn't deter you from staying with us again next time you're in London.

Really helpful staff, especially Daniel- he is great. Locaion really convenient. Will return when I come to London next time.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Thanks for your feedback! We hope you'll stay with us again nexr time you're in London :)

1. The hostel is clean and tidy, but lack of facilities provided. 2. Wifi only for members, which is very important for all travellers. 3. Not kitchen provided for us to do simple food.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. I know this is central london but I was on the 5th floor and there was still noise from the main road outside which is one of those things given the area, so earplugs are advised. The social area is modern and comfortable. Breakfast is great value for money too! Thanks for a pleasant stay.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Hi Lawrence, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The road is very noisy but at least the earplugs helped.

Being yha, you have to pay for everything additional to the bed if you are not a member - wifi, left luggage, breakfast etc. This isn't made clear when booking which it definitely should be. The beds are very narrow and the duvets are equally narrow, making a good nights sleep near impossible. Being so huge there is almost no atmosphere and the wobbly lockers in the rooms do not offer adequate security. The en suite bathroom could do with a good clean and a shower curtain.

The location was really strategic, just right opposite a train station. However, the heater in the whole building broke down the 3 days I was there and we had to use a portable heater provided by the staff. Still it was freezing as the windows were 'leaking'. Unlike other accommodations that provide wifi for free, we had to pay for wifi and even then you could only use it in the lounge room and downstairs. Also the shower didn't have a door or curtain so the whole bathroom would just get wet.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Location is excellent if u've an early morning eurostar to catch...overall i'm one happy customer...

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Staff were fantastic , really helpful and efficient. A friendly welcome.

Everything was absolutely perfect except for the showers which did not work very well.

• 15th Nov 2013

I've already been in 5 hostel in London and I think that is the best one. I mean it's in a great location, the bathroom is in the room, the room is always cleaned, the atmosphere is easy and happy. I reakly enjoyed my stay here, The only "problem" is that there isn't a kitchen that you can use. But instead there is a bar that works 24 hours. Really positive feedback.

Great location, the staff are very friendly and happy to help. Rooms are clean, warm and simple. All you'll need for a visit to London. I'll be returning and would consider YHA as a base hub for any future visits!

The last two times I've stayed at the hostel I've found the ladies room off of the main lobby area in a disgusting state, meaning it should be inspected and cleaned more often. The trash bin hadn't been emptied and there was trash all over the floor.

Good location, clean rooms, helpful staff. We enjoyed our stay and would happily come back!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Hostel was very conveniently located by the train stations so perfect for our overnight stay. It sucked that they didn't provide locks but if you have a lock you're fine or if you're not cheap and want to buy one, you're fine. But from our 8 hours we were there it seemed like a very nice and secure place.

• 7th Nov 2013

Just add in free wifi and this place is the best hostel in London! Staff were helpful and friendly and you cannot beat the central location.

• 5th Nov 2013

A great place to stay, very clean and convenient location by Kings Cross and Euston. Staff were awesome and good facilities. Only draw back is the noisy road outside. Buses go by all night and the rooms are not well insulated for noise, bring ear plugs!

getting to old for it, Sharing room with others arriving and leaving on differtent hours does not becomes me wel.

• 1st Nov 2013