YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

An OK hostel with excellent staff

The hostel is very close to King's Cross and St. Pancras stations, within 10 mins walk to Euston Station too. The staff are nice and approchable. They have lifts so you can go up to your room easily even with heavy luggage. The restaurant and computer area is cozy. Laundry is available too. The room is clean with shower and toilet. I would definitely revisit it when I go to London again!

Everything was fine apart from having one barely warm shower and one completely cold.

The hostel is in an excellent location for exploring the sites of London being located very close to the tube station and numerous bus stops. The location in a back street makes it a ideal place to get a good sleep being quiet without the noise of traffic. The staff were very welcoming and friendly giving plenty of useful information and advice. The close proximity to supermarkets and numerous eating and fast food places are all added bonuses associated with the hostel.

I had no warm shower during my stay. I tried every shower room but didn't find any of them was warm. No light per each bed, and the plugs were under the bed so if someone is sleeping in the bed you have no way to use that plug. I couldn't even charge my mobile phone. Wifi wasn't free. The location and stuff were excellent and the bed was comfortable, but this was my worst experience with a hostel. I had another reservation at here but I cancelled it and booked another place.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • China

No hot water for almost 2 days. ShWindow had no lock to pull tight hence a lot of traffic noise. Hot water issue same as 3 years ago so no improvement there.

My sister and I had a great short stay! Our rooms were really clean and the location of the YHA really is on the station's doorstep. The elevators and rooms are secures by key card and your belongings can be put in a locker with a padlock. The ONLY thing I can complain about our 6 shared room was that our side of the building outdoors was under construction so it was pretty noisy in the mornings, but we are early birds anyway. It's great for the price!

• 19th Aug 2013

Super location, opposite Kings Cross, St Pancreas station.

We had a very comfortable stay until I managed to break my toe on the bed frame! Still, the room was clean and the staff were lovely.

• 12th Aug 2013

wifi should be free

The only downside was the noise of traffic, as we were at the front of the hostel.

• 8th Aug 2013

no hot water for shower!!!!!

Apologies!! We do try to fix stuff like this as quickly as possible. Hopefully you enjoyed other aspects of your stay:)

Great location close to King's Cross/St. Pancras! Pretty much what you would expect from a YHA hostel. Staff was helpful and our stay went very well. The bathroom was the only tricky part (broken toilet seat and showers make the whole bathroom wet). Other than that, everything was great!

• 4th Aug 2013

Thanks Jamie and our maintenance team are onto the bathroom problems!

The water in the shower was luke warm; it was quite noisy in the room from the water pipes or something similar; you need to at extra for the luggage storage; otherwise, an OK place with great staff

a lot of the services are paid (the left-luggage lockers, the wifi, UK socket adapters)

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

My stay at YHA was my best hostel experience to date. The facilities are clean and conveniently located, the staff were helpful and very friendly, and the resources at YHA were great! I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again.

Yay! That is SO what we like to hear:) Thanks a million Heather and we'd love to see you again soon.

Wifi it's not included, you have to pay 5 pounds per day! It must be free!

• 27th Jul 2013

Point taken Andressa, and YHA senior management have been made very aware of this issue. WIFI access is now free for YHA and Hostelling International Memberships, which cost as little as £4.97 a year. (They entitle you to loads of accommodation discounts too). Thanks for feedback though and hope to see you in St Pancras again.

i think this hostel is the best one i've ever stayed in europe !

The Euston Rd. is quiete loud and in the courtyard there was a lot at that time. But altogether I would recommend that hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2013

Thanks Stefan - you're welcome back anytime!

Great but noisy location (Euston Rd, 5 mins from Kings Cross tube), with friendly staff and reasonable common area. Only negatives are unreliable hot water, and you have to pay for luggage storage. But the lift works!

Thanks for the feedback Zoe. Luuggage storage in London is usually very expensive, so our £2 and £3 charges are very competitive when compared with other providers in Kings Cross. Sorry to hear the hot water was unreliable - it has been a recurring issue due to construction works next door, and we are working to get on top of it. Hope to meet you again here soon:)