YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

breakfast bread buns horrible. Staff helpful, friendly. Great location.

• 21st Sep 2013

This is my favorite YHA hostel, and probably my favorite hostel of all time. First of all, the dorms are only four people, and even in such a small dorm, they have your own bathroom. In some of the dorms, this even included separate showering and toilet rooms. The atmosphere is very cozy, clean and safe. The TV common room is cool. The staff are friendly. And all for such a good price! I wish they still had the free breakfast, but hey, you can't have everything ; )

Really good, however 1 bathroom was out of order which left 2 bathrooms to be used between one floor.. You had wait up to 15 minutes some times to go to the toilet in the mornings. Wi fi is not free, only bummer.

Been to same hostel on a few occasions and always friendly, clean and central

located very close to Kings Cross/St Pancreas.. clean and adequate for a dorm stye of accomodation. Provision of a towel would be nice but same can be hired at reception. did not notice undue noise that comes with communal accomodation. Breakfast could be purchased... good value for money but did not really enjoy the bacon roll [ probably due to having sat in a food warmer for a time] Reception staff were pleasent and I noted very helpful to another guest when checking out. Would stay again..

No free wireless, Nice rooms and beds, good localization

Great stay. Really lovely helpful people on desk and in Cafe. Feel very much at home there

• 6th Sep 2013

During former visits I have always the hostel excellent. This time it was annoying that the plates and other dishes weren't properly washed and repeatedly mucky and greasy. This is a no go!

• 6th Sep 2013

An OK hostel with excellent staff

The hostel is very close to King's Cross and St. Pancras stations, within 10 mins walk to Euston Station too. The staff are nice and approchable. They have lifts so you can go up to your room easily even with heavy luggage. The restaurant and computer area is cozy. Laundry is available too. The room is clean with shower and toilet. I would definitely revisit it when I go to London again!

Everything was fine apart from having one barely warm shower and one completely cold.

The hostel is in an excellent location for exploring the sites of London being located very close to the tube station and numerous bus stops. The location in a back street makes it a ideal place to get a good sleep being quiet without the noise of traffic. The staff were very welcoming and friendly giving plenty of useful information and advice. The close proximity to supermarkets and numerous eating and fast food places are all added bonuses associated with the hostel.

I had no warm shower during my stay. I tried every shower room but didn't find any of them was warm. No light per each bed, and the plugs were under the bed so if someone is sleeping in the bed you have no way to use that plug. I couldn't even charge my mobile phone. Wifi wasn't free. The location and stuff were excellent and the bed was comfortable, but this was my worst experience with a hostel. I had another reservation at here but I cancelled it and booked another place.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • China

No hot water for almost 2 days. ShWindow had no lock to pull tight hence a lot of traffic noise. Hot water issue same as 3 years ago so no improvement there.

My sister and I had a great short stay! Our rooms were really clean and the location of the YHA really is on the station's doorstep. The elevators and rooms are secures by key card and your belongings can be put in a locker with a padlock. The ONLY thing I can complain about our 6 shared room was that our side of the building outdoors was under construction so it was pretty noisy in the mornings, but we are early birds anyway. It's great for the price!

• 19th Aug 2013

Super location, opposite Kings Cross, St Pancreas station.

We had a very comfortable stay until I managed to break my toe on the bed frame! Still, the room was clean and the staff were lovely.

• 12th Aug 2013

wifi should be free

The only downside was the noise of traffic, as we were at the front of the hostel.

• 8th Aug 2013

no hot water for shower!!!!!

Apologies!! We do try to fix stuff like this as quickly as possible. Hopefully you enjoyed other aspects of your stay:)