YHA London St Pancras Reviews

79-81 Euston Road, London, England

Staff were very friendly and helpful. I know this is central london but I was on the 5th floor and there was still noise from the main road outside which is one of those things given the area, so earplugs are advised. The social area is modern and comfortable. Breakfast is great value for money too! Thanks for a pleasant stay.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Hi Lawrence, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The road is very noisy but at least the earplugs helped.

Being yha, you have to pay for everything additional to the bed if you are not a member - wifi, left luggage, breakfast etc. This isn't made clear when booking which it definitely should be. The beds are very narrow and the duvets are equally narrow, making a good nights sleep near impossible. Being so huge there is almost no atmosphere and the wobbly lockers in the rooms do not offer adequate security. The en suite bathroom could do with a good clean and a shower curtain.

The location was really strategic, just right opposite a train station. However, the heater in the whole building broke down the 3 days I was there and we had to use a portable heater provided by the staff. Still it was freezing as the windows were 'leaking'. Unlike other accommodations that provide wifi for free, we had to pay for wifi and even then you could only use it in the lounge room and downstairs. Also the shower didn't have a door or curtain so the whole bathroom would just get wet.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Location is excellent if u've an early morning eurostar to catch...overall i'm one happy customer...

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Staff were fantastic , really helpful and efficient. A friendly welcome.

Everything was absolutely perfect except for the showers which did not work very well.

• 15th Nov 2013

I've already been in 5 hostel in London and I think that is the best one. I mean it's in a great location, the bathroom is in the room, the room is always cleaned, the atmosphere is easy and happy. I reakly enjoyed my stay here, The only "problem" is that there isn't a kitchen that you can use. But instead there is a bar that works 24 hours. Really positive feedback.

Great location, the staff are very friendly and happy to help. Rooms are clean, warm and simple. All you'll need for a visit to London. I'll be returning and would consider YHA as a base hub for any future visits!

The last two times I've stayed at the hostel I've found the ladies room off of the main lobby area in a disgusting state, meaning it should be inspected and cleaned more often. The trash bin hadn't been emptied and there was trash all over the floor.

Good location, clean rooms, helpful staff. We enjoyed our stay and would happily come back!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Hostel was very conveniently located by the train stations so perfect for our overnight stay. It sucked that they didn't provide locks but if you have a lock you're fine or if you're not cheap and want to buy one, you're fine. But from our 8 hours we were there it seemed like a very nice and secure place.

• 7th Nov 2013

Just add in free wifi and this place is the best hostel in London! Staff were helpful and friendly and you cannot beat the central location.

• 5th Nov 2013

A great place to stay, very clean and convenient location by Kings Cross and Euston. Staff were awesome and good facilities. Only draw back is the noisy road outside. Buses go by all night and the rooms are not well insulated for noise, bring ear plugs!

getting to old for it, Sharing room with others arriving and leaving on differtent hours does not becomes me wel.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Belgium

The location of the hostel is fantastic!

I only stayed there for a night but I really liked it and would definetely recommend it. The location was excellant, and the hostel was very nice inside. I also found very convinient the lamp and plug next to your bed so that you won't annoy the rest by turning on the lights. Maybe the only problem that I noticed, was the lack of door lock in the shared toilet of the room but maybe that was just an exception. And maybe they could remove a bed from the 5 bed dorms so that there is so more space.

They gave me a male dorm...even I am a girl... and though..double booked... Shower rome was nice.

Good location, but rooms facing street are a bit nosiey from traffic and when window shut get very stuffy. IN room bathrooms need a better fan system and often floor ends up very wet.

No wi-fi. Every service to be paid for. Bad hospitality at check-in counter.

• 28th Sep 2013

Clean, good location, expensive (probably it's a problem of London) ... Look more like a hotel thn a hostel