YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

I really liked the triple bed set up so you could sleep in the dark during the sunlight hours or use the light and read in bed if you flipped the other way around. Clever.

• 3rd May 2015

This hostel has an incredible location so close to St. Paul's cathedral. The staff were so helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting the capital as it is easy to access all the central and out lying attractions. The breakfast was stupendous and almost healthy!

• 9th Apr 2015

Great value for your money! It is right next to St Paul's and the Central Line. The rooms and beds are very clean and the showers are not too bad. The only problem I had was that wifi was only available in the common areas.

Shared bathrooms weren't very clean or modern, light didn't work in one of them and the flush worked poorly. The location was excellent, but the house was old and not modernised at all. The room wasn't very comfy and the beds ancient. The bedding was clean though. Wouldn't come again.

This was my fourth stay in ths hostel and as always I was very satisfied with my stay. We were given a room pn the 3rd floor which made us climb a lot of stairs but the new and refurbished room made up for that

Overall ok, except for the St. Paul's cathedral bells which are across the road and loud and that ring every 15 minutes all night long.

It's the 21st century yet still no power points in the bedrooms or reading lights. Promised wifi only works on the ground floor. A good hostel but could be better. And could be cheaper especially as cheap hotels are possible from £30. Strange triple bunk bed in my room which middle bunk at unusual angle. Beware of cathedral bells ringing every quarter hour at all hours. Good supermarkets and cafes nearby.

• 2nd Mar 2015

The hostel needs renovation. The facilities are quite old and dirty. The rooms have no space, they are smelly and the beds are uncomfortable. My biggest problem though was the cleanliness.. It was so dirty that we assumed the hostel has never hired a maid.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Greece

Nice, normal place, good value for money. Also good location. Solid choice for the one night I stayed there.

We're satisfied with the accomodation, it's worth sleeping here. It wasn't a luxury hostel, however, it has a great value for money! I think the only disadvantage was the lavatory..

Ok, when it comes to the money, it is not too expensive. However, there is A LOT of place for improvement. Wi-Fi is available on the ground floor only. If you are not from the UK, you have to buy a power adapter, they are not for free in the hostel. Bathrooms are hard to use. Beds are kind of arcade built (three floors!). Btw, I was in the basement-male dormitory, and also, my roommate was an obviously mentally ill persol . Why was he let to stay, we couldn`t sleep!?

A great stay, thank you to all the staff for being so friendly and helpful.

• 4th Jan 2015