YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

This hostel has a really great location, just a few blocks away from the tube station at St. Paul's...not much more than that. The rooms are quite old and outdated, we were 5 people in the room with only 1 plug to charge our electronics. They do have Wi-Fi but it is available only for members, so if you are not one of them you have to pay 5 pounds for the day. If you are planning to stay here frequently it may be a good idea to become one…you get 3 pounds discount per night plus free Wi-Fi.

Really enjoyed stay. Great location. Rooms good size and clean. Only problem was the hamburger we had one night....very expensive and bland.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The location is just PERFECT, one of the best areas in London. The hostel is clean, nice, the room I was in (6 girls dorm) was pretty big and comfortable. It was a bit hot and humid, having ventilators or air conditioning would really improve the comfort in the rooms. There are big lockers in the room, and there are also bigger lockers in the luggage room.

I could not have a good sleep because the bells of the clock in the Cathedral tower sounded every once in a while.

I really enjoyed my stay at St. Pauls Hostel and found the staff most helpful and pleasant at all times. Great breakfasts and close to transport and shops. When in London I will definitely stay there again. Thanks for making my stay so comfortable!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Check out is at 10 a.m. but it's understandable, but , breakfast and wifi are not included! You have to pay 5 pounds in order to get breakfast and 1 pound for each 30 or 15 minutes ( (I don't remenber exactly) you spend on wifi. they also didn't know and didn't helped me when I asked where the British museum was.

• 9th Sep 2014

It was clean and a very good location. Quite a strong smell in the whole building, suspiciously similar to the smell of urine, although everything was kept very clean. Not somewhere you go for the atmosphere. Staff ok but not particularly friendly. The only sinks are in the bedrooms, so if in a dorm room, everyone will be quite disturbed when people are going to bed and getting up. However, perfectly adequate lodging for a few days.

One staff member continuously made our experience bad. He was grumpy and ignored us while we stood there to ask a question. The shower is weird with no ventilation so its hard to breathe. Neighbors were loud and staff didn't do anything to stop it.

Useful maps. The 5 sterling pound breakfast all-you-can-eat buffet highly recommended! Convenient location - literally seconds from St. Paul's Cathedral and a bridge walk across to Tate Modern Art Museum. (-) No wifi. Old aging rooms & restrooms. Poor room sound insulation.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only draw back to our stay was the evening meal which we felt was not worth the price. (The breakfast, yes.)

Shower rooms could use some maintenance. Nice stay overall though.

I stayed in the dorm for 6, and there was only 1 powerpoint in the room. One of the occupants was constanly charging his various devices and that left the rest of the 5 of us with only power points in the communal areas.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff acted uninterested in guests. The grill or kitchen closed earlier than stated time and the staff refused to serve food saying they were closed 30 minutes prior to scheduled time of closure. Lastly, the toilets do not flush consistently leaving other peoples waste behind frequently.

• 27th May 2014

I marked this location down because of the wifi and the staff. I bought an hour of wifi and was given an access card. When I used the card, (immediately after purchasing it from the front desk) it only had 20 minutes of wifi. I went back and told them there was an issue, they acted like I was lying about not getting all my minutes. I'm a 40 year old traveler. I don't need to steal 40 minutes of wifi. Finally, after going back and forth, they gave me another with only 20 minutes on it.

• 16th May 2014