YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! It was very clean, multiple outlets in every room, beds very comfortable, staff very helpful and friendly and the location was great as well!!

This hostel is very quite. Quick check in. Breakfast is good but is £4.99 extra.

The only problem with the hostel was the washrooms were out of service.

I like this hostel, I've stayed a few times, the area is great, it's not a party hostel, staff are friendly, wifi works as wifi does. But the beds suck.. Like they really suck and they have had these for at least 8 years now and guys, it's time for an upgrade.

Very modern and clean. Everything is just awesome apart from the location. It is not the most central area but the tube station is not very far away. But I would definitely recommend this hostel.

We have to pay for the wifi, it's nonsense nowadays, even mcdonald's has free wifi!!! Apart from that the hostel is excellent, the staff is very helpful, beds are comfortable and bathrooms are good and clean!

Fine place to stay. Very safe, in a beautiful location and close to the Tube. They offer deals and tips on free tours and tickets to events. Just make sure to bring shower shoes, because they are fine but a little grody! The room smelled, but I'm not sure if that was the room of my fellow travelers. I would stay somewhere else next time.

only get Free WIFI if you are a YHA member, though advertised as free WIFI. Bathrooms and shower facities were a but blahh, and the bed are super hard to get into. Great location, though can hear St Pauls chiming away so be prepared for morning bells.

This hostel has a really great location, just a few blocks away from the tube station at St. Paul's...not much more than that. The rooms are quite old and outdated, we were 5 people in the room with only 1 plug to charge our electronics. They do have Wi-Fi but it is available only for members, so if you are not one of them you have to pay 5 pounds for the day. If you are planning to stay here frequently it may be a good idea to become one…you get 3 pounds discount per night plus free Wi-Fi.

Really enjoyed stay. Great location. Rooms good size and clean. Only problem was the hamburger we had one night....very expensive and bland.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The location is just PERFECT, one of the best areas in London. The hostel is clean, nice, the room I was in (6 girls dorm) was pretty big and comfortable. It was a bit hot and humid, having ventilators or air conditioning would really improve the comfort in the rooms. There are big lockers in the room, and there are also bigger lockers in the luggage room.

I could not have a good sleep because the bells of the clock in the Cathedral tower sounded every once in a while.

I really enjoyed my stay at St. Pauls Hostel and found the staff most helpful and pleasant at all times. Great breakfasts and close to transport and shops. When in London I will definitely stay there again. Thanks for making my stay so comfortable!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Check out is at 10 a.m. but it's understandable, but , breakfast and wifi are not included! You have to pay 5 pounds in order to get breakfast and 1 pound for each 30 or 15 minutes ( (I don't remenber exactly) you spend on wifi. they also didn't know and didn't helped me when I asked where the British museum was.

• 9th Sep 2014

It was clean and a very good location. Quite a strong smell in the whole building, suspiciously similar to the smell of urine, although everything was kept very clean. Not somewhere you go for the atmosphere. Staff ok but not particularly friendly. The only sinks are in the bedrooms, so if in a dorm room, everyone will be quite disturbed when people are going to bed and getting up. However, perfectly adequate lodging for a few days.

One staff member continuously made our experience bad. He was grumpy and ignored us while we stood there to ask a question. The shower is weird with no ventilation so its hard to breathe. Neighbors were loud and staff didn't do anything to stop it.

Useful maps. The 5 sterling pound breakfast all-you-can-eat buffet highly recommended! Convenient location - literally seconds from St. Paul's Cathedral and a bridge walk across to Tate Modern Art Museum. (-) No wifi. Old aging rooms & restrooms. Poor room sound insulation.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only draw back to our stay was the evening meal which we felt was not worth the price. (The breakfast, yes.)

Shower rooms could use some maintenance. Nice stay overall though.

I stayed in the dorm for 6, and there was only 1 powerpoint in the room. One of the occupants was constanly charging his various devices and that left the rest of the 5 of us with only power points in the communal areas.

• 2nd Jun 2014