Fabulous 1,615 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,615 Total Reviews
YHA London St Pauls Located at 36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London.
England
London 36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB
80% 1615
51.5132028 -0.1003789
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 41+
7th Sep 2016

The YHA St. Paul's is the cheapest, closest place to the Barbican Conference Centre that I was prepared to pay for. The directions they gave me from Gatwick Airport were so good that I saved a lot of money on tickets. They have a 24 hour desk so I was still able to get in even though my plane was over an hour late then the train got stuck behind a slow freight train. When I arrived early in the morning they had reserved a bottom bunk for me so I tried to creep into bed..

Hi there, Sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hostel. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016

Could of done with being able to open Windows a bit more as room was very warm and the breakfast was average. Otherwise worth a stay.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hostel. Unfortunately due to the Health and Safety laws the windows are only permitted to open a little. Hope to see you again. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

• bagonzalo8590
  • Spain, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
2.9

Disgusting uncleaned rooms and matresses - I got fleas over the night.

Hi Blanca, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hostel. I am sorry to hear that you found our rooms unclean and such a shame that you did not mention this to us when you where here as we would have gone up to the room with you to investigate. All rooms are cleaned daily. It is not at all possible for our beds to have fleas as we only use hypoallergenic mattresses. The bites could possibly be from a mosquito, but definitely not fleas. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

• Croatia, Female, 31-40
3rd Aug 2016
6.9

I have stayed at this hostel on previous occasions and the only thing that has changed is that it now has keycards for entry into the hostel and the rooms themselves. It is still fairly dirty and in desperate need of refurbishment. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is excellent but it is not value for money.

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving a review on our hostel and great to hear that this was not your first visit with us. We will be doing a big refurbishment on the building soon so your next visit will be much better. Thank you again for your review. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
31st Jul 2016

Excellent location, clean place. My only problem was the wifi signal and connection were quite weak and, in my room, non-existent. This was a pretty major downside since I absolutely needed a decent wifi connection to book transport for the rest of my trip.

30th Jul 2016
7.7

Great location if you're staying in London. The wifi was not accessible in the rooms which made it annoying and was only accessible in the Common room which was basically packed with silent travellers on their phones. Was pretty noises at night and it did not help with the church bells going off every hour which followed up with a flock of screaming gulls. Beds were kind of awkward to get up to if you had the top bunk and was difficult to get down in the middle of the night.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2016
6.0

There was no wifi or data reception from our room. The large range in age demographic created a divide in the atmosphere. There weren't enough toilets and showers for each floor. Reception staff were helpful but the computers provided were very slow.

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a review on our hostel. Unfortunately our wifi does only work in the reception area, you are advised of this on check in. Great to hear that you found our staff helpful. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

22nd Jul 2016
6.3

Really well-situated hostel, literally in front of St Paul's Cathedral. But it's really warm in the rooms, and if you sleep with an open window, you hear very well drunk people in the street below and the bell of the cathedral, which ring every 15 minutes. All night long. A bit too noisy for me ! Half of the showers on my floor were broken and closed, and same with the toilets. In the morning, all the toilets were broken and closed, and you don't have access to the ones on the other floors.

15th Jul 2016
8.0

This hostel is in a perfect location! Right in The City with a tube stop not far away. The room I stayed in was the basement but was clean and very basic. The toilets and showers were is the basement as well. They were very small but clean. Overall I enjoyed my stay the location cannot be beat. The food was also very good and cheap! Would stay here again.

Hi there, Thank you for the wonderful review, great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
8th Jul 2016

So loud outside in the middle of the night.