8.2
Fabulous 1,584 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 1,584 Total Reviews
YHA London St Pauls Located at 36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London.
England
London 36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB
82% 1584
51.5132028 -0.1003789
    Rooms available

• USA, Couple, 18-24
23rd May 2016
7.4

Settled into a cozy side street next to the marvelous St. Paul's, I found this hostel to be a great base of operations. It's close proximity to the central line made getting around a breeze, the showers and bathrooms were acceptably clean and the staff were kind and helpful. The beds are stacked in an odd formation but you'll adjust to them easily. It was generally quiet at night making it easy to relax after a long day of sight seeing ALTHOUGH you definetly hear St. Ps bell ringing at night.

Hi there, Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

6th May 2016
6.3

The room I stayed in was extremely creaky (beds and floor) which was somewhat annoying. Not much going on as far as other people traveling everyone in the lobby area kept to themselves for the most part. There was some sort of school group there (like 12-14 year olds) which may have had something to do with that. Can't beat the location, but the bells at St. Pauls might wake you up. Overall defiantly not my favorite hostel I've stayed in.

Hello there, Sorry to hear that we are not your favourite hostel. We are in a very old and historic building so the floors do tend to creek a little. All the beds will be replaced later on in the year so that will solve the bed noise. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

• England, Female, 25-30
1st May 2016
8.0

I found all areas very clean, beds most comfortable I've experienced in a back packers and staff friendly & helpful.

Hello there, Thank you for leaving us a great review, please to hear that you found our beds so comfortable. Happy to know that you found our staff friendly and helpful, we pride ourselves on great customer service. Hope to see you soon. Kind regards, Leigh

24th Apr 2016

Very pleasant place to stay. spacious, has a large dining facility, great location. Didn't expect such a nice place in London for so cheap. Staff helped me with everything I needed, bathrooms were spotless, and it's right next to some good places to eat (and a beautiful church). Highly recommend.

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on our hostel. It is always great to get such wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Leigh

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016
8.0

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Bed was comfy, though interestingly fitted together in a "triple" bunk, which made it feel really small. Would have liked a reading lamp or something next to the bed. Locker was in the room and very big...provide your own lock. Also a sink in the room, which was good. Bathrooms were decently clean. Staff was there 24/7 and friendly.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hostel. We hope to see you back again soon. Kind regards, Leigh

• Canada, Female, 25-30
27th Mar 2016
6.9

This hostel was 'meh' to be honest. After-hours check-in was not good, despite telling them in advance that I would be late. Hallways smell like a hospital. Rooms themselves are fine, clean and safe, however only one plug for 8 girls. Great location, but I wouldn't recommend this hostel to a friend.

Hi there, The reception is open 24 hours a day, if by any chance there is no staff member, this would be because they are doing a quick walk through the building. Sorry to hear that you thought we smelt like a hospital, we have over 200 people coming in and out of the hostel everyday, so we make sure that it is thoroughly scrubbed down daily. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

17th Mar 2016
7.1

Best locations you can stay in London, also there are very few hotels in this area so certainly a great spot to stay. Apparently there are two parts to the hostel, the old wing and the new refurbished part of the hostel, I’m not sure which part I stayed in. WiFi was not something I found particularly amazing. The breakfast buffet seems quite decent for the price but be aware it does get quite busy in the morning. Not a great place in the middle of winter or summer due to temperate extremes.

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review on our hostel. It is great to hear such nice feedback and I am happy to see that you really liked the location. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Ben Platt - Deputy Hostel Manager

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Mar 2016

The staff were helpful and friendly. I stayed in the refurbished part of the hostel this time and was amazed by the new beds. I would definitely stay here again, it's in a great location and I feel safe and happy staying here.

Hello there, Thank you so much for the wonderful review you left us. Hope to see you back here again very soon. Kind regards, Leigh Duty Manager

4th Mar 2016

everything good especially the cleanlinesses and security.

Thank you for your comments and great score. We are happy that you found the hostel to your liking and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind regards, Ben Platt Deputy Hostel Manager

• England, Female, 41+
15th Feb 2016

Particularly well situated in quirky area...within a lovely area to start the morning exploration...(and a safe quiet area if you arrive at night) Quick route to river and tube station....and bridge to Southbank. An all you can eat breakfast would prove a hit for the hungry, plus a fair priced bar if the traveller is too tired to venture out. Amusing to me but tired /light sleepers might like to consider the impact of reverberating bells from St Paul's. Ear-plugs? Would stay again!