YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

This hostel has an incredible location so close to St. Paul's cathedral. The staff were so helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting the capital as it is easy to access all the central and out lying attractions. The breakfast was stupendous and almost healthy!

• 9th Apr 2015

Great value for your money! It is right next to St Paul's and the Central Line. The rooms and beds are very clean and the showers are not too bad. The only problem I had was that wifi was only available in the common areas.

Shared bathrooms weren't very clean or modern, light didn't work in one of them and the flush worked poorly. The location was excellent, but the house was old and not modernised at all. The room wasn't very comfy and the beds ancient. The bedding was clean though. Wouldn't come again.

• 3rd Apr 2015

This was my fourth stay in ths hostel and as always I was very satisfied with my stay. We were given a room pn the 3rd floor which made us climb a lot of stairs but the new and refurbished room made up for that

Overall ok, except for the St. Paul's cathedral bells which are across the road and loud and that ring every 15 minutes all night long.

It's the 21st century yet still no power points in the bedrooms or reading lights. Promised wifi only works on the ground floor. A good hostel but could be better. And could be cheaper especially as cheap hotels are possible from £30. Strange triple bunk bed in my room which middle bunk at unusual angle. Beware of cathedral bells ringing every quarter hour at all hours. Good supermarkets and cafes nearby.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Nice, normal place, good value for money. Also good location. Solid choice for the one night I stayed there.

We're satisfied with the accomodation, it's worth sleeping here. It wasn't a luxury hostel, however, it has a great value for money! I think the only disadvantage was the lavatory..

Ok, when it comes to the money, it is not too expensive. However, there is A LOT of place for improvement. Wi-Fi is available on the ground floor only. If you are not from the UK, you have to buy a power adapter, they are not for free in the hostel. Bathrooms are hard to use. Beds are kind of arcade built (three floors!). Btw, I was in the basement-male dormitory, and also, my roommate was an obviously mentally ill persol . Why was he let to stay, we couldn`t sleep!?

A great stay, thank you to all the staff for being so friendly and helpful.

• 4th Jan 2015

It is a wonderfully warm, so important when you come in from the cold night air, and welcoming hostel. Your single room on the 2nd floor even has a TV...amazing, even though I didn't need to use it! The 24 hour reception is very helpful too as I was able to check-in after the NYE London Eye Fireworks.

• 31st Dec 2014

All was OK. Friendly and carefull staff. The bedroom was convenient for our family. Breakfast and Dinner vere good, tasty and for a good value. Just a remark: Your YHA could be more energy efficient and greener. For example toilets use a lot of water each time. Windows are not insulated even with simple seals and the heaters were very hot while windows in corridors were always open. You could save a lot of money....

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We had a leak in the ceiling in the first room we were assigned to but the staff promptly took care of it, refunded our first night's charges, and ensured we had good rooms from there on.

• 26th Dec 2014

Excellent location. Not the most guest-friendly accommodation - towels require a 5 pound deposit as well as a 2 fee and staff were functional rather than helpful. Beds are packed in and there aren't many showers. But it's fine, and the location makes it worthwhile for a quick one or two night stay.

Was exactly what i wanted, somewhere to sleep after a night out rather than going home as i live a fair distance from London. Bed was comfortable, included decent pillow and nice duvet. The only issue was the bells or chims of St Pauls Cathedral going off every 15 minutes in the morning.

• 5th Dec 2014

Really good location and breakfast

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! It was very clean, multiple outlets in every room, beds very comfortable, staff very helpful and friendly and the location was great as well!!

This hostel is very quite. Quick check in. Breakfast is good but is £4.99 extra.

The only problem with the hostel was the washrooms were out of service.

I like this hostel, I've stayed a few times, the area is great, it's not a party hostel, staff are friendly, wifi works as wifi does. But the beds suck.. Like they really suck and they have had these for at least 8 years now and guys, it's time for an upgrade.