YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

During the first several days of our stay, the shower drains were constantly backed up. Additionally, other showers were impossible to use without getting the door/clothes/towel wet. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

• 25th Jan 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We try our best to keep our facilities in top condition and we take the necessary measures as soon as a problem comes to our attention, that's why customers' feedback is so important to us. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay apart from that and we hope to see you again. YHA London St. Paul's Duty Manager

No free wifi is a massive disappointment on this place. But anyway, I really like it.

There is no free internet access, but it is so central and so clean! The rooms are fine. It's excellent as for a London hostel. I'll be definitely coming back.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and we hope to see you again. Remember for next time that HI members always pay less for their overnights and they get free wifi access! YHA London St. Paul's Duty Manager

We were 2 nights at the YHA Hostel and is was ok. When you are not a member, then you have to pay for Wifi. Breakfast and Dinner at the Hostel is good and cheap! The cleanness at WC and Showers was not the best, but ok. And it is really central and you can get bus- and metro tickets in the Hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and we hope to see you again in the future. YHA London St. Paul's Duty Manager

Excellent hostel ! As soon as you get in, you can feel it's a friendly hostel ! The staff is very nice and you can check out after 1 pm! The shower is fantastic, really hot and it's high pressure ! I would definitely recommend that hostel to everybody !

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are pleased to know you had such a nice experience at our hostel and we hope to see you again soon. YHA London St. Paul's Duty Manager

A lovely hostel in a fantastic location

• 19th Dec 2013

We enjoy staying at St Pauls hostel ever again :-) It´s just that the doors close a little loud..

• 11th Dec 2013

I used hostel at first. I stayed comfortly in here and satisfied about it. It is in good area. it is nearby St.Paul Cathedral so we can hear ringing every 15min. ^^ The breakfast is good too.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

free Internet access would have been nice.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Stayed in a private 2 bed room and the room was fine. Good sized bed, comfortable, warm and with an en suite. The staff at reception were fine but found the people working behind the breakfast area really rude and intimidating. At least 2 people were almost shouted at within seconds of sitting down with a coffee about whether they'd paid or not - not a great experience.

a bit noisy because of the ringbell of the st paul, the bed is not comfortable and there's no stears for the upper beds

• 17th Nov 2013
  • China

Like in Soviet Union gostinica (hotel))

Very nice, quiet room. No noisy latecomers or snorers.

I always love to stay at St Pauls when in London, and this visit was no exception. On arrival I was placed in a dorm that lacked a few facilities I really needed, as I was on London for a conference. When I confronted the nice girl in the reception about my problem, she found another bed in another dorm for me whithout any hesitation. The only problem is the temperature in the dorms. Whith 8 people in one room, you do not need much heating...

I really liked everything except the awkward "3 tier" bunkbeds. Also, there really needs to be more than one plug point in a room. Other than that, the location is spot on, staff are nice, the place is cosy and I felt very safe. Would definitely go back here.

I have stayed at this hostel before and I will stay at it again. I love the location and it is clean. The restaurant serves a good breakfast and the rooms have space for everyone. Thanks.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Stayed in an 8 dorm bedroom. NOISY is an understatement. Snoring men all night long. I didn't manage a wink of sleep.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Portugal

Overall we were quite pleased with our stay, and the location was good. However, we were not able to pay for our room with separate cards (we were 7 friends and each wanted to pay our part, something we are used to being able to do in Sweden without any problems) but had to transfer money late at night without any understanding from the staff.t. Another fact that would make me think twice about booking this hostel again is the fact that there were no outlets in the room and very few showers.

This place is wonderful and I love to stay here BUT this hostel in in real need of extra sockets !!! In a time of tablets, smartphones and so on, one plug for 6 people is just not enough !!!

Chilled out hostel good for families etc fairly average Had to pay for wifi and didnt work in rooms

• 13th Oct 2013