YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

Stayed in a private 2 bed room and the room was fine. Good sized bed, comfortable, warm and with an en suite. The staff at reception were fine but found the people working behind the breakfast area really rude and intimidating. At least 2 people were almost shouted at within seconds of sitting down with a coffee about whether they'd paid or not - not a great experience.

a bit noisy because of the ringbell of the st paul, the bed is not comfortable and there's no stears for the upper beds

• 17th Nov 2013
  • China

Like in Soviet Union gostinica (hotel))

Very nice, quiet room. No noisy latecomers or snorers.

I always love to stay at St Pauls when in London, and this visit was no exception. On arrival I was placed in a dorm that lacked a few facilities I really needed, as I was on London for a conference. When I confronted the nice girl in the reception about my problem, she found another bed in another dorm for me whithout any hesitation. The only problem is the temperature in the dorms. Whith 8 people in one room, you do not need much heating...

I really liked everything except the awkward "3 tier" bunkbeds. Also, there really needs to be more than one plug point in a room. Other than that, the location is spot on, staff are nice, the place is cosy and I felt very safe. Would definitely go back here.

I have stayed at this hostel before and I will stay at it again. I love the location and it is clean. The restaurant serves a good breakfast and the rooms have space for everyone. Thanks.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Stayed in an 8 dorm bedroom. NOISY is an understatement. Snoring men all night long. I didn't manage a wink of sleep.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Portugal

Overall we were quite pleased with our stay, and the location was good. However, we were not able to pay for our room with separate cards (we were 7 friends and each wanted to pay our part, something we are used to being able to do in Sweden without any problems) but had to transfer money late at night without any understanding from the staff.t. Another fact that would make me think twice about booking this hostel again is the fact that there were no outlets in the room and very few showers.

This place is wonderful and I love to stay here BUT this hostel in in real need of extra sockets !!! In a time of tablets, smartphones and so on, one plug for 6 people is just not enough !!!

Chilled out hostel good for families etc fairly average Had to pay for wifi and didnt work in rooms

• 13th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

The location of this place was wonderful, right next to all the sites. It's a pretty family friendly hostel which was a nice change from the normal pace. It was also neat to be in a building that had some history and a unique story. My room was on the basement floor so we had a lot of noise from the street which was a bit annoying. It was nice though that the part of London quiets down in the evenings. Overall a nice stay!

Quite noisy cuz of St Pauls and absolutely inconvenient beds. Also I booked a 4 bed male dorm but in fact there were 6, not the thing I expected. Before I stayed at YHA Oxford Str, that was much better.

As always I had a great time :-) The only thing was: My room was No. 6 and there is just one bathroom on that floor, so we had to wait quite a long time sometimes. Thanks a lot for everything!

• 8th Oct 2013

rooms were a little basic but that i think was reflected in the price and the actual hostel relaxing areas made up for it - would definately recommend to others and stay again myself

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Scotland
  • All Female Group, 41+

Toilets could use some work often hard to find one that wasn't blocked. For 20 quid a night it was ok though tv room didn't have enough chairs. Staff very helpful

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Albania

We enjoyed our time at YHA St. Pauls very much, thank you for the great week in London! The staff is really kind and obliging, the location of the hostel is phenomenal, our room was clean and had a proper size (for 3 people). The showers were always clean in the morning. The food in the hostels restaurant was, as far as we tested it (only breakfast), okay. Actually, we only had two things to complain about: 1. There is no kitchen for self-supply. 2. The WLAN isn't free. Greetings from Germany!

• 29th Sep 2013

Great place !! You can go walking every where downtown!! Toilets and showers are really clean !

Clean hostel, decent beds and in a good location right next to St Pauls. Expensive WiFi, food, everything else though. You are just paying for the bed and a shower, everything else costs extra. The staff wasn't very helpful either. They told me to go to the 3rd floor (no lift) and when I got there I opened a door which led into somebodies apartment. Saw two people undressed, one of them shouting "You're wrong! wrong door!". The staff didn't even apologize for this awkward scenario.

although the location right at st. pauls cathedral is great, i am not a big fan of this hostel: the staff was neither very friendly nor helpful and the only bathroom on the floor was kind of disgusting. furthermore they charged 7,5 pound for 3 days of wifi, which didn't even work in our room. the bunk bed not only left very little space for each person but also climbing up and down can be really dangerous - particularly when it's dark - as there is not even a ladder.