YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

First, I loved the location. The neighborhood was safe, clean, well-organized and many buses were straight-heading to tourist places. The facilities were not that impressive than other hostel, but they were clean and not bad. The staffs were kind, though I didn't have meals at the cafeteria, there were many places to eat around the hostel .

When you arrive in London, is amazing to see how close is the hostel to St. Paul's Cathedral. About the hostel: I enjoyed that the place have a lot of bathroons and toilets. So, I was never worryed if I was going to find a time for me. But the shower was floting, it wasn't pleasant. The bed was not confortable to sleep, and when you see it the first time they seen like a coffin and the mattress is very thin. The place don't have FREE WIFI.

The hallways and showers smelled like mildew and WiFi and Internet was not free, which was a disappointment (and expensive, as it was the £ in London). On the other hand, the staff was very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was delicious.

The staff were very helpful. I had only a one night reservation but was able to change it to a five night reservation after I found out that Holland Park's location did not meet my needs (thank you, Soledad!). I've stayed in this hostel two previous times and have always found the location to be the greatest asset. I also find it easy to get to know the other guests in the hostel. Thanks again for another great experience!

Comfortable twin room, good to be able to eat at the cafe. Have stayed before and will stay again!

I'm still surprised at the location, which is right near the Cathdral and about a 20 minute walk to the heart of the city. Good Wi-Fi (even though you had to pay...), clean bathrooms. Rooms got a bit hot.

My room was stinking, I think to carpet needs replacement, I coughed for 2 weeks after my stayed. and dont make people pay for internet...everyone has free wifi these days, between 6 countries, you guys are the first hostel that made me pay for internet, which was not even in the room COME ON!!!! And no age limit really kills it all...should be 25 max

It is a perfect location. However, it tends to be very noisy even late in the night and also early in the morning.

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Slovenia

Hi, I have booked a bed in a 6 men room. My flight has delayed and I could not take a train to Central London. When I got to Brazil I saw the role price was debited from my account and not just de booking fee. I have tried to talk to YHA St Paul and Hostel World but nobody replyed me. Is it fair with the costumer? As soon as I have my 25 pounds credited in my card again I will believe the hostelworld and YHA are serious company. Regards, Igor Assis

• 30th Jun 2013

I loved having the nice single room - I know I booked it - but even so it made my stay in London exra good!! Thanks

Only downside is the St Pauls's clock which is very loud throughout the night but the YMCA can't do anything about that!

Very nice hostel in a great location. The staff were very nice and helpful too. I would definitely stay here again.

Great location. Family friendlr

The stuff here are really nice.

Great location and very clean facilities, but the atmosphere was a bit on the cold side... not a particularly "social" hostel. Also, I would advise going elsewhere for breakfast. While its only 5 pounds there are much better options in the area for the same amount.

A good location if you are interested in the Globe Theatre. Just be aware that you have to pay for the wifi. Also, the beds are a bit odd to climb up into.

perfect location; friendly helpful staff; couldn't have been better

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are happy to know you had a nice stay in our hostel and we hope to see you again in the future. Soledad YHA St. Paul's Duty Manager

The price was too expensive for what was available. Internet prices were steep, as well as towel rentals and breakfast in comparison to other hostels in London. The "courtyard" was gloomy and uninviting.

I think the hostel could do with an update. It is looking quite tired and grubby, especially the carpets. The coat hooks in our room fell off the wall, and the bin was dirty and difficult to use. The staff in the canteen could also be a bit friendlier!

• 27th May 2013

St Pauls is my favourite hostel it has a wonderful atmosphere and is a lovely old building.