YHA London St Pauls Reviews

36 Carter Lane, EC4V 5AB, London, England

As always I had a great time :-) The only thing was: My room was No. 6 and there is just one bathroom on that floor, so we had to wait quite a long time sometimes. Thanks a lot for everything!

• 8th Oct 2013

rooms were a little basic but that i think was reflected in the price and the actual hostel relaxing areas made up for it - would definately recommend to others and stay again myself

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Scotland
  • All Female Group, 41+

Toilets could use some work often hard to find one that wasn't blocked. For 20 quid a night it was ok though tv room didn't have enough chairs. Staff very helpful

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Albania

We enjoyed our time at YHA St. Pauls very much, thank you for the great week in London! The staff is really kind and obliging, the location of the hostel is phenomenal, our room was clean and had a proper size (for 3 people). The showers were always clean in the morning. The food in the hostels restaurant was, as far as we tested it (only breakfast), okay. Actually, we only had two things to complain about: 1. There is no kitchen for self-supply. 2. The WLAN isn't free. Greetings from Germany!

• 29th Sep 2013

Great place !! You can go walking every where downtown!! Toilets and showers are really clean !

Clean hostel, decent beds and in a good location right next to St Pauls. Expensive WiFi, food, everything else though. You are just paying for the bed and a shower, everything else costs extra. The staff wasn't very helpful either. They told me to go to the 3rd floor (no lift) and when I got there I opened a door which led into somebodies apartment. Saw two people undressed, one of them shouting "You're wrong! wrong door!". The staff didn't even apologize for this awkward scenario.

although the location right at st. pauls cathedral is great, i am not a big fan of this hostel: the staff was neither very friendly nor helpful and the only bathroom on the floor was kind of disgusting. furthermore they charged 7,5 pound for 3 days of wifi, which didn't even work in our room. the bunk bed not only left very little space for each person but also climbing up and down can be really dangerous - particularly when it's dark - as there is not even a ladder.

Room 12 was suitable for our needs, but the chimes from St. Pauls clock, every quarter of the hour as well as the hour meant little sleep was available!! even after going to bed exhausted. Secondary glazing would certainly improve the situation.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

This was my second visit to the YHA St. Paul's which is an ideal location if you are visiting at the Barbican, The Globe which is just across the Millennium Bridge next to the Tate Modern. Also it is a pleasant walk along the south embankment to the Queen Elizabeth Hall, the National Theatre and the London Eye. My only problem was that when I tried to book online with the NYA I could not so I booked through Hostelworld who charged me the deposit in $. Then my bank then charged me an extra £7.50

No many services available, no wi-fi, no breakfast, no enought showers, no many plugs in the rooms. Staff was just nice.

There should be free wiwi-connection.

Very poor value for money. Whilst the location is good the facilities are very dated. The beds are foam offcuts which have been worn away to almost nothing. The Wifi is expensive, slow and only works in the reception and dining room. There is no atmosphere as it is mostly families and older visitors. The staff are also not particularly helpful - when I asked one guy for a solution to the lack of power points in my 6 bed shared room (there was only one) he told me to go and buy a powerboard...

Very convenient location. It's close to the tube and busses. Walking distance to the Thames. Very good value for the money. Hotel and area is quiet. St. Paul's bells ring on the hour. Quite soothing. Hotel is obsessively clean: showers and toilets - always saw someone cleaning. There is NO LIFT and many many stairs to walk up. No AC in rooms. Summers in the room are a bit hot. No screens on window either. Pay a nominal fee for Wi-Fi and internet. Only one outlet in 6 person dorm.

The place was in an amazing location but it was defiantly more of a family hostel than a backpackers.

First, I loved the location. The neighborhood was safe, clean, well-organized and many buses were straight-heading to tourist places. The facilities were not that impressive than other hostel, but they were clean and not bad. The staffs were kind, though I didn't have meals at the cafeteria, there were many places to eat around the hostel .

When you arrive in London, is amazing to see how close is the hostel to St. Paul's Cathedral. About the hostel: I enjoyed that the place have a lot of bathroons and toilets. So, I was never worryed if I was going to find a time for me. But the shower was floting, it wasn't pleasant. The bed was not confortable to sleep, and when you see it the first time they seen like a coffin and the mattress is very thin. The place don't have FREE WIFI.

The hallways and showers smelled like mildew and WiFi and Internet was not free, which was a disappointment (and expensive, as it was the £ in London). On the other hand, the staff was very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was delicious.

The staff were very helpful. I had only a one night reservation but was able to change it to a five night reservation after I found out that Holland Park's location did not meet my needs (thank you, Soledad!). I've stayed in this hostel two previous times and have always found the location to be the greatest asset. I also find it easy to get to know the other guests in the hostel. Thanks again for another great experience!

Comfortable twin room, good to be able to eat at the cafe. Have stayed before and will stay again!

I'm still surprised at the location, which is right near the Cathdral and about a 20 minute walk to the heart of the city. Good Wi-Fi (even though you had to pay...), clean bathrooms. Rooms got a bit hot.