7.9
Very Good 362 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 362 Total Reviews
YHA London Thameside Located at 20 Salter Road, Rotherhithe, London.
England
London London SE16 5PR 20 Salter Road, Rotherhithe,
79% 362
51.5043817 -0.0460267
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2016
6.3

Big hostel. The shower was weird and difficult to turn on/off.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Jul 2016
8.0

Good breakfast (buffet). Very secure 24/7. Probably not the closest place to all the attractions but bus service regular to help get you into town. More a place for schools and large groups etc so as a solo traveller i relied on socialising in my dorm with other people.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

Very clean, good wifi connection in the communal lobby areas but none in the room. The hostel is in walking distance from an overground station so is super easy to get around. Only negative thing was the room was a bit stuffy as you could not open the windows a great deal. Would definitely recommend this hostel, great value for money.

• England, Female, 41+
19th Jun 2016

This YH was very friendly and helpful, whilst it is out of the center the overground is close. There is a supermarket close by but otherwise the area is residential. My only negative feedback is the lack of policy that allows , in this case mid teen, students to hangout in the corridors , bang on all the doors , play ball against them and generally do their teenage thing until 1.30 am.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2016
7.4

I liked that you had to ring in to get into the building. Made me feel secure knowing that whomever was at the desk knew the comings and flings if the hostel. The beds were a bit weird: triple bunk beds? I have never seen those before. Lots of storage locker space. I also liked the ensuite shower and bathroom. Breakfast left a lot to be desired for the price you paid. Other than that, a great stay!

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and share your experience at YHA London Thameside. We actually have to gates as we are on a corner property Salter Road is the most commonly used. I am glad you it made you feel secure when we check who is coming into the building. The other gate on Rotherhithe Street gives gives entry or exit to the Thameside which is what we are named after. You can see the front door from both gates through the courtyard. All the beds are being replaced in the summer with new metal bunkbeds. You must have had some very special breakfasts in your time as we think ours has a really good range and only 5.25. Sorry it did not match up. All the rooms are ensuite, which is handy. This will also get an upgrade this year. Overall you have had a great stay with us and I hope the trip home was good. Many Thanks Beverley Robinson Manager

22nd Apr 2016
7.1

Felt more like a hotel. The beds were set up in an interesting way and there is no wifi in the rooms but it was nice to just have a place to crash.

Thank you so much for reviewing us. The `interesting` beds are going. We are changing them to a bunk top and bottom later in July. They have served us well and time for an upgrade. The new beds will have a usb point and a plug . We are working on the Wifi, your comments do make a difference . Hope the trip home was a good one. Regards Beverley Robinson Manager

• Pixietravels
  • Wales, Female, 18-24
4th Mar 2016

The hostel is in a quiet location not far from an underground and an overground. There are no chargers next to the beds which was an inconvenience, there were only 2 on the floor for a 10 bed room. The hostel itself is quiet and offers breakfast for a price. The staff were very friendly and offered me help with finding somewhere to get food nearby,

Thanks you so much for staying at YHA London Thameside. Your review means a lot to us and give us valuable information from our users on what really counts. I am pleased you found us convenient for transport. I am happy to say that this summer we are changing all our beds . They will have a light and socket per bed. The breakfast is a great start to any day in London. Great value at £5.25 . it was great to read that the staff were helpful and friendly. One again many thanks and I hope we will be able to look after you on your next visit. Beverley Robinson Manager

• Denmark, Male, 31-40
27th Feb 2016

Very cozy and nice hostel - I just needed a cheap place to stay, which I got here. But you will also experience a very help group of staff, who are very kind, welcoming, helpful and forthcoming, which I was very positively surprised by. - They helped me out with several thing regarding my stay in London, and gave me very useful tips, which ensured that I got around on Public transport in the right manner as well as got to the airport in due time.