YHA London Thameside Reviews

20 Salter Road, Rotherhithe, London, England

Ok for a few days. I was lucky to meet a couple of nice persons

The shower was tight, but the water was hot. Insufficient plugs on the wall, but the wifi was working. Location is very good and the bed was absolutely comfortable for me. So mostly this hostel is OK, but not a big deal. I recommend it, if you looking for a place to sleep.

Didn't expect anything but you totally exceeded everything. Very nice staff and good value for money. Really comfy beds :)

• 23rd Aug 2015

When we arrived, we were given beds in a 10 Room dorm although we had booked beds in a 6 room dorm without ANYONE telling us before we got to the room and were confused. After going down and having a 20 minute conversation with the staff, who told us simply that "dorm beds are booked by the bed and they move people as need because groups were coming in" we got our Six Bed dorm for two of our three nights. Otherwise, there wasn't much they were willing to do for us.

the staff were welcoming and friendly, and the location beautiful. I stayed in a female dorm, my only complaint being the ensuite needs upgrading. I really dislike shower curtains, and there was no shelf to put soap etc. The self catering kitchen was clean and tidy, but could probably do with a coat of paint. All in all I enjoyed my stay and trying out a new area of London

• 27th Jun 2015

I liked the value of money. It's a cheap hostel which locates in a safe area. Though the location is just OK (the closest is the overground station, around 10 minutes walk), but it would be hard to get such a good price place to stay in London. The room and bathroom is clean; also there's a breakfast for just few pounds, served with a cake and coffee)! I enjoyed my stay there.

Only stayed overnight and arrived late. The showers were hot, there's 24 hour reception and comfy beds. Its all I needed.

No internet in the rooms and no locker. Really poor condictions although the price is low.

I was shocked that there was no wifi inside the room. The toilet is pretty small, not as expected. I booked the hostel for two nights and for the first day morning, someone opened my door and said something about 10am and check out. Though I had to check out every morning and I went down to check with the reception but they said that its a stuff who came to fix the toilet. For the second day morning the cleaning lady came in unexpectedly and woke me and my friend. Its not as pleasant as I wish.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was in a six bed female dorm and it had a single bed, a double bunk bed and a triple bunk bed? The triple bunk was pretty weird and I would not liked to have slept on the bottom or middle bunk because I wouldn't have even been able to bend my legs. I took the top bunk, but there was no ladder up, so I had to climb up the two other beds to get up to my bunk. Fortunately nobody took the middle bunk because I probably would have stepped on them when I got up in the morning...

Everything about the hostel was nice and clean. Stayed in a 6 bedroom and the beds are arranged slightly odd as 3 people are very close together. Lobby, bar, kitchen and laundry were all very nice, but location is kind of a killer. A little over a 10 min walk to the canada water tube station which is a bit out there. If you don't mind the location, don't hesitate to book.

Not a hostel for youth travellers - most likely to end up with school groups/families/permanent residents in your dorm. Facilities were really good, dorm rooms are cramped (especially the bathroom & toilet which are also quite unpleasant). We stayed here to save money outside of London centre, not bad to access by metro and we walked to London Bridge in 20mins. Friendly reception from Cameron upon arrival.

Great friendly staff!

The place is a bit isolated, but the hostel is really well oranized with the resrestaurant and a wonderful breakfast. The receptionists have been really Nice and the directions to the hostel are clear.

convenient location, helpful staff

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Not great. Bed was comfortable

A good hostel as we were staying just one night for a concert at the 02 Arena. Would of liked free WiFi, but apart from that it was fine, a good basic hostel, good value for money in London.

It is a bit outside central London (then again this is compensated for by some awesome walks along the south bank). In keeping with every YHA I've ever visited this was top notch with very comfortable beds, a thoroughly filling breakfast of the full English or continental variety and most of all a staff who are a credit to the association. If ever I were to visit London again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there and would recommend any individual to do likewise. Top marks (location aside) all round

Family friendly, good location, basic but functional rooms, suited our stay perfectly.

• 26th Oct 2014

The staff was great, although it is a bit far from lotsof touristic attracions good for a couple of nights.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7