YHA London Thameside Reviews

20 Salter Road, Rotherhithe, London, England

the staff were welcoming and friendly, and the location beautiful. I stayed in a female dorm, my only complaint being the ensuite needs upgrading. I really dislike shower curtains, and there was no shelf to put soap etc. The self catering kitchen was clean and tidy, but could probably do with a coat of paint. All in all I enjoyed my stay and trying out a new area of London

• 27th Jun 2015

No internet in the rooms and no locker. Really poor condictions although the price is low.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

I was shocked that there was no wifi inside the room. The toilet is pretty small, not as expected. I booked the hostel for two nights and for the first day morning, someone opened my door and said something about 10am and check out. Though I had to check out every morning and I went down to check with the reception but they said that its a stuff who came to fix the toilet. For the second day morning the cleaning lady came in unexpectedly and woke me and my friend. Its not as pleasant as I wish.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was in a six bed female dorm and it had a single bed, a double bunk bed and a triple bunk bed? The triple bunk was pretty weird and I would not liked to have slept on the bottom or middle bunk because I wouldn't have even been able to bend my legs. I took the top bunk, but there was no ladder up, so I had to climb up the two other beds to get up to my bunk. Fortunately nobody took the middle bunk because I probably would have stepped on them when I got up in the morning...

Everything about the hostel was nice and clean. Stayed in a 6 bedroom and the beds are arranged slightly odd as 3 people are very close together. Lobby, bar, kitchen and laundry were all very nice, but location is kind of a killer. A little over a 10 min walk to the canada water tube station which is a bit out there. If you don't mind the location, don't hesitate to book.

Not a hostel for youth travellers - most likely to end up with school groups/families/permanent residents in your dorm. Facilities were really good, dorm rooms are cramped (especially the bathroom & toilet which are also quite unpleasant). We stayed here to save money outside of London centre, not bad to access by metro and we walked to London Bridge in 20mins. Friendly reception from Cameron upon arrival.

Great friendly staff!

The place is a bit isolated, but the hostel is really well oranized with the resrestaurant and a wonderful breakfast. The receptionists have been really Nice and the directions to the hostel are clear.

convenient location, helpful staff

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Not great. Bed was comfortable

A good hostel as we were staying just one night for a concert at the 02 Arena. Would of liked free WiFi, but apart from that it was fine, a good basic hostel, good value for money in London.

It is a bit outside central London (then again this is compensated for by some awesome walks along the south bank). In keeping with every YHA I've ever visited this was top notch with very comfortable beds, a thoroughly filling breakfast of the full English or continental variety and most of all a staff who are a credit to the association. If ever I were to visit London again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there and would recommend any individual to do likewise. Top marks (location aside) all round

Family friendly, good location, basic but functional rooms, suited our stay perfectly.

• 26th Oct 2014

The staff was great, although it is a bit far from lotsof touristic attracions good for a couple of nights.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

The beds looked like shelves, one of our showers was only cold water. WIFI and breakfast not included, pretty far from Canada Water Tube

• 17th Jul 2014

Nice, inexpensive place in London to stay. Clean and secure, however, the walls we a bit thin and we were woken early by people yelling and pounding on the doors to their friends' rooms. It isn't the closest place to the major London area, but there is a bus stop right outside the gates that will take you to several major underground stations. All in all a pretty good place to stay.

Some soap in the bathrooms wouldn't hurt

I got lost trying to find it - spent an hour wandering around before I got there. The receptionist - Luigi - seemed to be very confused and had problems with understanding that my bf will arrive later, the other receptionist(female) did not pay attention at all, in result when my bf finally arrived there later at night the night receptionist told him I wasn't checked in. The problem was solved however, but the day receptionists weren't too good. Otherwise a good hostel - up to yha standards.

I loved staying in this hostel. Even though it was further out of the centre it was very easy to get to and there is a lovely walk along the river to reach it or go into the centre if you have time. The staff were all very friendly and the hostel was actually being used for groups of young people which is just how they all should be used. Being older I loved the layout of the beds which were easier to use than the regular bunk beds. The kitchen was poorly equipped but at least there is one!

• 12th Jun 2014

There was no hot water in the shower, and the Wifi wasn't for free... Breakfast was not included either, but 5 pounds was the price to have breakfast anywhere, so it worths to pay the price.

• 6th Jun 2014