YHA London Thameside Reviews

20 Salter Road, Rotherhithe, London, England

Me and a friend only stayed here as we were travelling to london for a night out and needed to stay somewhere for the night. For that it was good however if I was solo travelling or looking for a good atmosphere hostel for a eurotripi would recommend looking at other hostels!

Very helpful staff.

• 1st Mar 2014

Enjoyed my stay thoroughly

• 25th Feb 2014

Our stay here was a great one.. just hoping the hot water in the shower is more user-friendly.. I would increase the rating if there're free wifi service!!! =^_^=

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Really very good. Seems to be a Hotel.

We were in 3 friends, and we have enjoyed a lot, but if you are alone better chose another one.

I missed a free wifi connection. The rest was ok for the price we paid.

No breakfast, no internet conectipn for those who.are not members, this was the first hostel I've stayied from YHA and definetely the last one. The staff was very rude, and I cansay, unbehaved. Even a "good morning" they didint say... Thats totally diffrent for the atmosphere of any other hostel in the world..., there was only one guy Mr. Wilson, from the front desk wich was friendly and helpfull.

• 25th Oct 2013

I stayed there with some friends. The place is nice, so calm. And you can get almost anything from this hostel itself. Recommended to all!

Very good rooms with some space, with bathroom and toilet in the room ... big lockers. The facilities are excelent and very clean. I recommend this place...this is like an hotel. Just one small problem, the girl employee made me pay extra 10£ for the key but they refund the amount at the check out...some misunderstanding. Very expensive internet - 5£ / day.

Evertything except for bed and bathroom were extra services and you had to pay for it. I had to take my laptop with me the whole day because I refused to pay 3£ for a locker. I had to pay 2£ to leave my baggage after the checkout. The door made noise during the whole night, without any possibility to stop it. Passing to positive things, the staff was very nice and gentle.

• 25th Oct 2013

Hostel was gd value for money and fairly central. Was about a 10 min walk from rothershithe station so wasn't too bad. I would stay again

I'd give it 4 stars out of 5.

Very nice staff, good location. Only negativey ou have to pay for wifi.

Great hostel, clean, friendly staffs. Bad points: Wi fi expensive, and small bathroom.

• 8th Aug 2013

Wilson was the epitome of customer service, a true shining light in the field of hospitality. His friendliness and know-how made our trip. On ordering drinks, our drinks were received in swift timing to quench our lingering thirst. Thank you for a sublime stay.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice place! But I expected more for what I paid for...

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I was very surprised by the high standards at YHA London Thameside in terms of my room (private) which was very clean and great value for money. The cooking facilities were also great, I was only expecting a microwave and was very surprised to find an oven as well as multiple fridges, as well as a high level of cleanliness. The bar and restaurant also looked great although I did not use them. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• 29th Jun 2013

I've been at this hostel before, I love the area, with view and walks on the Thames, and the easy connection by Overground with East London (and with City Center with bus to Victoria just outside the gate). Also, rooms are proper rooms, large, with real beds, lockers, and toilet + shower ensuite. And this time I found out there is also a proper well furnished common kitchen. I'd just like them to have free wi fi, or at least a bit cheaper the £5 per day.

We would like to thank YHA for an enjoyable stay. The room, which came with an attached toilet, exceeded our expectations.

• 28th May 2013