YHA London Thameside Reviews

20 Salter Road, Rotherhithe, London, England

Not great. Bed was comfortable

• 12th Dec 2014

A good hostel as we were staying just one night for a concert at the 02 Arena. Would of liked free WiFi, but apart from that it was fine, a good basic hostel, good value for money in London.

It is a bit outside central London (then again this is compensated for by some awesome walks along the south bank). In keeping with every YHA I've ever visited this was top notch with very comfortable beds, a thoroughly filling breakfast of the full English or continental variety and most of all a staff who are a credit to the association. If ever I were to visit London again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there and would recommend any individual to do likewise. Top marks (location aside) all round

Family friendly, good location, basic but functional rooms, suited our stay perfectly.

• 26th Oct 2014

The staff was great, although it is a bit far from lotsof touristic attracions good for a couple of nights.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

The beds looked like shelves, one of our showers was only cold water. WIFI and breakfast not included, pretty far from Canada Water Tube

• 17th Jul 2014

Nice, inexpensive place in London to stay. Clean and secure, however, the walls we a bit thin and we were woken early by people yelling and pounding on the doors to their friends' rooms. It isn't the closest place to the major London area, but there is a bus stop right outside the gates that will take you to several major underground stations. All in all a pretty good place to stay.

Some soap in the bathrooms wouldn't hurt

I got lost trying to find it - spent an hour wandering around before I got there. The receptionist - Luigi - seemed to be very confused and had problems with understanding that my bf will arrive later, the other receptionist(female) did not pay attention at all, in result when my bf finally arrived there later at night the night receptionist told him I wasn't checked in. The problem was solved however, but the day receptionists weren't too good. Otherwise a good hostel - up to yha standards.

I loved staying in this hostel. Even though it was further out of the centre it was very easy to get to and there is a lovely walk along the river to reach it or go into the centre if you have time. The staff were all very friendly and the hostel was actually being used for groups of young people which is just how they all should be used. Being older I loved the layout of the beds which were easier to use than the regular bunk beds. The kitchen was poorly equipped but at least there is one!

• 12th Jun 2014

There was no hot water in the shower, and the Wifi wasn't for free... Breakfast was not included either, but 5 pounds was the price to have breakfast anywhere, so it worths to pay the price.

• 6th Jun 2014

Far away from tube station, about 20 mins walk but there is a bus stop nearby. No free wifi :( Only two socket in 6-bed female dorm, so it is very inconvenient when others are using the socket to charge their phones or camera. Toliet and Bathroom are old and not very clean. I dun think I will come back next time.

Positives: Huge lockers and rooms, toilet and shower were in separate rooms, helpful staff who answered all my questions Negatives: No free wifi, no free breakfast, not within walking distance to any tourist sites

This place will nickel and dime you until you're poor. Don't be fooled by the cheap price of this place as the other cost add up quickly. Pay for a locker, pay for wifi!?! Who charges for wifi usage at a hostel? Weak. Beds are stacked like coffins and the rooms are too stuffy to breath. Teenagers running through the hallways. Stay here in an emergency or as a very young traveler only.

• 28th May 2014

The hostel was very good, clean, very safe rooms, organized, good environment. It seems as a hotel actually. It is well located, you can walk to an underground station that is close or you could walk about half an hour and arrive to the Tower Bride. I personally found it a little bit expensive (it all depends on how much you're used to spend), considering the things it includes. You have to pay for wi-fi, you could pay 5 pounds for a very complete breakfast (though I didn't like it that much)

Me and a friend only stayed here as we were travelling to london for a night out and needed to stay somewhere for the night. For that it was good however if I was solo travelling or looking for a good atmosphere hostel for a eurotripi would recommend looking at other hostels!

Very helpful staff.

• 1st Mar 2014

Enjoyed my stay thoroughly

• 25th Feb 2014

Quite pleased with the value, and the location was fantastic

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Norway

Our stay here was a great one.. just hoping the hot water in the shower is more user-friendly.. I would increase the rating if there're free wifi service!!! =^_^=

• 30th Jan 2014