YHA Manchester Reviews

Potato Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester, England

Mostly it was a good experience. Just two things that could have been better: -The toilet carpet was not cleaned for 2 days. -One staff had a very strong spanish accent and it was quite hard to understand her. But she was very polite, I have to say.

Nice place to stay great that they have parking. Decent place in a good area. Very expensive though on weekend nights.

The rooms are small, without chairs.

If only they had free beakfast...

Nice bar area to work in the evening. Door entry system was a little confusing if it's the first time you've been there. Otherwise, a good standard of YHA.

did not enjoy my experience with several staff members, quite rude at the best of times. location wasn't the best but that was no daily of the hostel but my own for not researching. older crowd staying at the hostel around 40+

It's a youth hostel with plenty of facilities (game room, movie room, locker, kitchen, washing machine). The hostel design is nice, with a good atmosphere. The staff is friendly and helpful.

weekday price is ok, friday/saturday price is extortionate. staff does their job, but are not overly friendly. the place has a very corporate feel to it, functional but not warm or inviting. the food in the cafe is good, though a bit marked up. wifi is spotty or nonexistent in the rooms. the door to the room did not fully close automatically. the bunk was broken and swayed noisily. many of the lockers did not fit regular padlocks. still, best option available. not terrible, not great.

Fantastic hostel! It's like staying in a hotel. It's clean and has great facilities! The English Breakfast is definitely worth your £4.99! In addition, y it is very easy to find! The only negative is that the WiFi is not very powerful.

The best hostel I have ever stayed!😘

Just 2 plugs in the room. That really annoyed me

The people of your hostel were warm and helpful and they made my Christmas break unforgettable.

Wonderful place with great staff, hardly recommend.

I had to cancel my reservation, but I wasn't unable to reach the hostel by phone. Phone number didn't work with a foreign mobile. So, I sent an e-mail, but my cancellation was too late. So I paid for nothing and I'm unable to evaluate your services

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Very good hostel in the city center. The unique problem is that you have to pay to use the internet, and it's very expansive.

good place, clean, nice staff, problem with old man in room because he woke up when entered room. a part from that had a good stay. quiet expensive but i guess that's just England

I only stayed for one night and didn't spend much time in the hostel, so therefore, didn't use any of the facilities apart from the shower and bed. Everything was fine and the staff member who served me was very friendly and helpful. (It was a guy with a shaved/bald head)

We just stayed at the hostel for sleeping, since we spent whole day out and left early in the morning. However, it was possible to note that the staff was really friendly on check-in, all facilities would be useful if we needed, the atmosphere was incredible and everything was very clean.

Awesome place to stay in Manchester!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • India

Awesome hostel! Great rooms and facilities. Only problem was the super tiny kitchen and fridge. If you plan to eat out or eat at the hostel's own restaurant then this isn't an issue, but if you like cooking for yourself it's annoying. Oh, and they charge if you want to leave your bags there. Otherwise a really good hostel.