8.8
Fabulous 925 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 925 Total Reviews
YHA Manchester Located at Potato Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester.
England
Manchester Potato Wharf, Castlefield
88% 925
53.4756851 -2.2580337
    Rooms available

• fesposito51781
  • Argentina, Male, 25-30
13th May 2016

Good location near Castlefield and Deansgate station, 15 min walking distance from main attractions. Very nice staff. Mattress not too comfortable, but each bed has its own lights/plugs. Additional breakfast for 5.75 pounds.

• Israel, Male, 25-30
12th May 2016

I'm glad there was someone to receive me in the reception in the middle of the night

• England, Male, 31-40
8th May 2016

Great value, would stay again. You'll hear geese through the night and the river flowing.

Great to read you'd stay with us again and thanks for the amazing scores & review :) The geese are still here and now have lots of cute goslings with them too!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd May 2016
6.6

All in all was a clean quiet hostel. Wouldn't call it a youth hostel as the average age of guests staying at the time of our stay was 65 yo. The only complaint I have is the fact that I was staying in a female dorm to find on my last night a male had been checked in and staying in our dorm. When mentioned to the staff in the morning he was apologetic and said that I would have been contacted by the hostel manager - still yet to hear from the manager! I will be waiting....

Hi, Many thanks for your feedback. We accommodate guests of all ages ranging from school groups to international backpackers to people travelling in their retirement. We've just recently recruited a person who will be introducing a range of activities and events at the hostel which we hope will appeal to independent travellers looking to meet like minded people. As for the incident you describe I've emailed you earlier today to explain and offer my apologies. The customer concerned booked online as the wrong gender by mistake. Following this, I've put in place a procedure to cross check each booking against gender at the point of check in. Again, my sincere apologies that this happened.

• England, Female, 31-40
27th Apr 2016

Clean, great value for money and friendly staff. What more do you need. Currently planning my next stay.

23rd Apr 2016
8.0

So this hostel has really nice facilities - drinks/food available for purchase, nice kitchen and lounge areas, spacious and warm rooms. What it suffers from is that many families, old people, and children stay here because it's a reliable brand hostel. So not a fun hostel for young people in their 20s/30s to meet other similar travelers they can hang out with or party. Internet was also down during my entire 3 night stay.

• Sri Lanka, Male, 41+
4th Apr 2016

We are from Sri Lanka. We stayed couple of days. The place was wonderful , staff and facilities were awesome. This the best place for friends and family. I would recommend anyone looking for any place.please go to YHM.thanks

• martoj3265
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
28th Mar 2016
7.7

Overall it was a pretty nice hostel. However the wi-fi is only available on the ground level and did not work most of the time because it cannot cope with many people logging on simultaneously.

• Singapore, All Male Group, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

Great stay at a thoroughly professional establishment. Staff were well-trained and friendly, only gripe was that our room on the 2nd floor did not receive wifi.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
25th Mar 2016

We had an amazing stay in Manchester. Checkin was a bit slow but the guy was very friendly throughout. Rooms were rather small but very clean. The common areas were also very clean and had a nice atmosphere. Staff was extremely friendly and pointed us to some nice bars and restaurants. Location of the hostel is superb, really nice surroundings around the hostel as well. If I ever visit Manchester again, would definitely stay there again!