YHA Manchester

8.7
Fabulous 1165 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
18th Jun 2017

Good location - a bit far if you're trying to get to downtown Manchester by way of foot, but still close to transportation options. My only complaint was how hot it got in the dorm. Our particular dorm faced the sun all day and made our room very stagnant of air. I would suggest, at the very least putting a few fans in there to help move some of that air around.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2017

The rooms were nice, I loved the location - near some old canals, and you could walk to reach the free metros that go around all of Manchester. Everyone in my room was older, and I didn't really hang out at the hostel much, so I didn't get much of a chance to meet people though. Buffet breakfast was good and worth paying for if you want it.

15th Jun 2017

positive: great location, scenic location, good staff, clean hostel, negative or areas of improvement: Wifi weak in the room, small amount of kitchen items for size of hostel, the lockers have that weird lock which I couldn't make my lock work Summary: would stay again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

The hostel is close to the city but is tucked a bit out of the way, most things are easily within walking distance though. The hostel itself is clean, well sized, and the rooms had everything you could ask for. The bathroom was a bit average, but still fairly clean. It's just small. Overall, I thought it was great and holds up to the same standards as other YHA hostels I've stayed at.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Glad to hear you had a great stay and we hope to see you again in the future :)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

Had a very pleasant stay here. The bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean and it's not too far to walk to get to the centre of town. However, I felt some of the facilities were a little overpriced for a hostel. There's no where to leave your luggage for free before/after checkout and the buffet breakfast is a bit expensive. There is a nice common room space to relax however lacked the warm welcoming vibe of other hostels I've stayed at.

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. On arrival we do allow guests who are checking in on that day to leave their luggage behind reception for free until they can go up to their room. Most weeks we have activities up and running around the hostel to create a good atmosphere so if you ever come back be sure to ask about these and join in :) Glad to hear your overall stay was pleasant and hope to see you again soon!

8th Jun 2017
8.0

Location is hard to locate from Light Rail without map but this was a return visit... The property is clean & tidy... well secured but if u don't like school groups, be aware. School groups frequent this property often... A little pricey but it's not out of budget.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Happy to hear you found the property clean as we pride ourselves on our cleanliness :) Hopefully we'll see you again next time you're in Manchester.

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
7th Jun 2017

Fantastic location in the city center. Walking distance to a lot of great restaurants across some beautiful footbridges. Just around the corner from the ruins of a Roman Fort! Clean and secure rooms. Beds could be a little more comfortable, but not too bad. Free parking. Laundry facilities, filling breakfast, tasty snacks served in the evening. Great, friendly service. My only sadness is that I missed out on ordering the sticky toffee pudding as we returned too late. Maybe next time.

5th Jun 2017

I was in Manchester for less than 20 hours but this hostel was very inviting and friendly. The staff was great, the rooms were clean and the commons area was very lively. I'd stay here again for sure!

Thank you for such a great review! Glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay and we hope you'll come back again in the future.

4th Jun 2017
8.0

Good hostel, a bit bigger than I like though. No real atmosphere. Clean and modern with all needed facilities for a fair price. Good choice compared to the other options in Manchester.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do have activities in place to influence our atmosphere and give a chance to meet other travellers within the hostel so if you ever stay again be sure to ask about them :)

4th Jun 2017

It was clean and you have a seperate restroom for every 4 beds. That's clean as well. Worth the money paid. Courteous staff. Location is a slight problem , you'll have to walk a bit.

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. Glad to hear about the cleanliness as we pride ourselves on our cleanliness so the housekeeping team shall be very happy when I pass this on :) There are free shuttle buses around the city that take you all over if you did not want to walk so I apologise if this information was not passed over to you on your arrival. Hopefully we'll see you back at the hostel again in the future!