YHA Manchester Reviews

Potato Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester, England

I had to cancel my reservation, but I wasn't unable to reach the hostel by phone. Phone number didn't work with a foreign mobile. So, I sent an e-mail, but my cancellation was too late. So I paid for nothing and I'm unable to evaluate your services

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Very good hostel in the city center. The unique problem is that you have to pay to use the internet, and it's very expansive.

good place, clean, nice staff, problem with old man in room because he woke up when entered room. a part from that had a good stay. quiet expensive but i guess that's just England

I only stayed for one night and didn't spend much time in the hostel, so therefore, didn't use any of the facilities apart from the shower and bed. Everything was fine and the staff member who served me was very friendly and helpful. (It was a guy with a shaved/bald head)

We just stayed at the hostel for sleeping, since we spent whole day out and left early in the morning. However, it was possible to note that the staff was really friendly on check-in, all facilities would be useful if we needed, the atmosphere was incredible and everything was very clean.

Awesome place to stay in Manchester!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • India

Awesome hostel! Great rooms and facilities. Only problem was the super tiny kitchen and fridge. If you plan to eat out or eat at the hostel's own restaurant then this isn't an issue, but if you like cooking for yourself it's annoying. Oh, and they charge if you want to leave your bags there. Otherwise a really good hostel.

it will be better if there is a curtain for bed.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • China

Overall is good but somehow some people may not realize that living in dormitory all about cooperation and understanding. If they want privacy, they should get private room instead of dormitory.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Reception was friendly. Had some trouble finding the place. Very good price.

It's great to have your own bathroom with a shower but everyone I talked to had the same experience as me- rude roommates that were long term guests that acted like you were crashing in their bedroom. Also, in this day and age paying for wifi is insane. Especially if it doesn't reach your room or even to the bar. That's just insane. I would have stayed elsewhere had I known it was so blah. A few extra pounds for the convenience would be worth it.

Great location to old Trafford! Only problem was fierce warm at nights every thing else was very good

Very helpful staff, interesting location, pleasantly spacious room (though I can't speak for all the others), beds significantly improved since I stayed there ten years ago (!). Wifi could be less expensive, but hey, you can't have everything...

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel was fine but did have the major flaw of having internet that a) you have to pay extra to use and b) only worked in the downstairs lobby. Nowadays it is standard for hostels to have free wifi, and especially as there are a lot of people staying at this hostel for work or while they are trying to find accommodation, this situation is very frustrating. Add to that the music constantly playing in the lobby.

Wi-fi free or breakfast could be included.

The ventilation in the toilet is a bit loud, you wake everybody up, if you have to get up early. The guy at the reception in the afternoon was very friendly and helpful!!

Great place. Clean and quiet location. I would recommend it.

Great nights of sleep. Individual plugs and light. The atmosphere could be better though. People don't gather to talk much.

Nice hostel. Had a good kitchen, lounge, bar. Location is not ideal. Bit of walk from the bus stop but still manageable. One of the few places I've been where Wi-Fi is not free. The rooms are clean and nice.

Nice location. Clean and spacious. All you could expect from the hostel.