YHA Manchester Reviews

Potato Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester, England

Nice location. Clean and spacious. All you could expect from the hostel.

Our room was like a sauna- made sleeping rather uncomfortable, they need to invest in some air-con/fans to cool it down, otherwise it's a nice place to stay, fairly good location and I appreciated the free parking.

Everything was fine except that the internet costs extra, that I didn't like it. Usually with the price, the internet should be included

Very helpful staff, really cean room in a great location

• 11th Jul 2014

The ventilation of the room is very poor and it is smelly and hot. And people keep shouting outside the room in the corridor.

Wi-Fi should be free!!

• 9th Jul 2014

Great place, great location. Ticks all the boxes!

Felt like a hotel, you have to pay for absolutely everything and there's no WiFi in the bedroom. Even after paying the fee. Not to mention it's not located in anywhere great. Won't be returning.

The hostel was big, spacious and clean and in a pretty location right on the canals. But like most yha's you have to pay for wifi and there were a few big groups of people/school kids.

This an excellent hostel.

The YHA should really offer mixed rooms. It's unreasonable to break up travelling parties because of something as stupid as gender. Additionally, having to pay for things like wi-fi, towels, etc is excessive. These are services most hostels provide for free. Aside from this, the YHA will do; especially considering cheap accommodation in Manchester is hard to come by.

dont have free wifi, dont have breakfast

Very good hostel, but there was only 1 power output for my 4-bed room

The rooms are clean but there is no soap in the bathroom for washing hands. The staff are mostly friendly but when asking for directions to the station, I was told to take a taxi. If my budget is so that I'm staying in a hostel for £10 a night I'm not likely to take a taxi if there is an alternative mode of transport, such as the free bus? These are small things but can make a difference. Also, there is no storage room, lockers are available for £2-3, so actually the room costs £12 not £10.

The atmosphere was different than most hostels as there were large groups of school children staying while I was there. Also, internet is not free. Otherwise, room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable, and downstairs restaurant a good value for money.

I have stayed there before, and the staff remembered me, although this time i was extremely tired from a long haul flight, they were fast and polite and helped me with a clean towel. Thank you to the staff!!

Happy to recommend this as I had a peaceful stay there.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • India

Due the cleanliness of the whole hostel I have rebooked to take my family in July 2014.

• 20th Apr 2014

Best pizza I had in England in a year. Stag parties are loud.

• 18th Apr 2014

Clean, friendly staff with free parking a plus. Would recommend to anyone needing a place to rest for the night.