YHA Manchester Reviews

Potato Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester, England

Very good beds Coffee at the bar

everything was wonderful - 100% recommend that yha!

• 31st May 2015

I was very happy with my stay here. The staff were extremely helpful and understanding. The place was super clean and a lovely short walk to the city centre. I would most certainly recommend this place to anyone!! Amazing value for money!!!! Thumbs up from me

Helpful staff, small kitchen but facilities as expected for the price. Good location, close to a main tram station. would recommend to others. Also, ignore reviews referring to pay to use WiFi, it is now free.

• 26th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really clean hostel. Very friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast is not included however I was happy to pay for a cooked breakfast. The hostel is a little bit out of the city centre. Overall, I really enjoyed my visit. Would stay again.

• 23rd May 2015

Pros: Nice breakfast if you want to pay for it. Cons: Tiny, poorly-designed bathrooms. Almost too small to function in. Water from the shower gets over the whole room. No wi-fi in the rooms.

I liked the hostel. They have great structure, nice people and its in a great place. But they try to rip money off of you in every way possible. For exemple, they don't borrow an adaptor plug to you. They only sell. FOR 4 POUNDS! If you have to check out and leave your bags in the hostel, they let you, but will charge 3 pounds for something that is almost a favor, right? I hated in that way, but in everything else is quite good.

This is by far the most expensive hostel I have ever stayed at (I have tried +40 all over the world).You get very little value for your money and how can it cost £20 for a night, when breakfast isn't included?

Very good hostel except for the bathroom facilities (small and clogged sink, no drinking water, hair in the shower, no shared bathrooms on the floor to use when you don't want to wake up everyone in the room)

• 13th Apr 2015