YHA Mei Ho House Reviews

Block 41 Shek Kip Mei Estate, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Overall I had a great experience here! The rooms were very clean, the staff were generally friendly, and the hostel is in a good location. The wifi was not very strong and would drop out sometimes, and the breakfasts were nice enough. I enjoyed my stay here.

Fantastic location, very clean, great breakfast, helpfull and friendly staff. You MUST stay here when visiting Hong kong, highly recommend!

• 24th Aug 2015

Tidy and clean. Good value for this price, considered that Hong Kong is a place of super expensive accommodation. Good location also. This is more like a hotel instead of a hostel. Not a lot of travellers in here so it would be hard to meet people. The common area is mostly filled with local people.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Newly renovated 6-story mega-hostel. A 4-star Hilton of hostels! No local color inside but very comfortable and spacious. Worth the higher cost. Everything is new and works perfectly! 2 big bathrooms in each 8-bed dorm. No guest kitchen, but free breakfast is substantial. (On-site restaurant is otherwise overpriced.) Short walk to the subway and tons of food options. Hike to viewpoint behind hostel. Plenty of local color and Hong Kong grit just outside the hostel, but hostel itself is pristine.

Front desk personnel were very nice. I stayed in 8bed room a bit small. But overall good stay

Clean and safe and conveniently placed.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Wales

Facilities were great and I loved the location and the historical background of the mei ho house. However, the staff could have been more friendly and wasn't very helpful.

very nice and friendly hostel...highly erecommended

A bit far, but 24 hour reception makes it a fine choice for if you've got a late (or delayed) flight. I liked that the bathrooms in the dorm were a bit set away from the beds so I didn't feel like I was *quite* the nuissance when showering early. The receptionist were also friendly and helpful, making my brief stay very nice.

The most hotel-like hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. Five minutes’ walk to a metro station. Safe and clean facilities. Helpful staff. Great free breakfast! Would definitely stay here again!

Im going to visit my friends in Hong Kong again and stay in this hostel

We enjoyed our stay at MHH and will come back next time we are in Hong Kong. The only minor criticism I would have is that the reception desk staff could greet guests more frequently when they come and go through the area. Cleaning and security staff were invariably friendly and cheerful, greeting us at every encounter. We enjoyed the restaurant so much we donated a New Zealand espresso cup for their collection.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

This place was such a nice hostel. Not only young people staying there, but that was nice. I had a lovely breakfast (free with the room!) with a Czech lady in my mornings. Stayed in a mixed dorm because that's what was available for all nights I was there. It was all guys (I'm a girl) but I had no problems. The bathrooms were really clean. You can choose between Hong Kong/mainland/western style breakfast in the morning. The attached museum telling you the history of the building was interesting.