YHA Mei Ho House Reviews

Block 41 Shek Kip Mei Estate, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A bit far, but 24 hour reception makes it a fine choice for if you've got a late (or delayed) flight. I liked that the bathrooms in the dorm were a bit set away from the beds so I didn't feel like I was *quite* the nuissance when showering early. The receptionist were also friendly and helpful, making my brief stay very nice.

The most hotel-like hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. Five minutes’ walk to a metro station. Safe and clean facilities. Helpful staff. Great free breakfast! Would definitely stay here again!

Im going to visit my friends in Hong Kong again and stay in this hostel

We enjoyed our stay at MHH and will come back next time we are in Hong Kong. The only minor criticism I would have is that the reception desk staff could greet guests more frequently when they come and go through the area. Cleaning and security staff were invariably friendly and cheerful, greeting us at every encounter. We enjoyed the restaurant so much we donated a New Zealand espresso cup for their collection.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

There is still room for improvements as the complex is also open to the public for other functions.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

This hostel is really nice and clean and the staff were very friendly, thanks the phillipines girl superb !!!

This is a large, clean, and well-organized hostel located in the Sham Shui Po area of Hong Kong. It's 3-4 stops from major areas like TST and Central, but it's a great look at "real" Hong Kong. The free breakfasts were OK (I usually ate something else outside the hostel) and there really wasn't an atmosphere. However, the staff was great and helpful. Also, the dorms had TWO ensuite bathrooms (for 8 people) so things were fairly clean and no one waited too long. Overall, I'd recommend.

My stay here at YHA Mei Ho House was comfortable and I appreciated having a large locker to keep all my belongings in.

At least make known no towels, bath towels; 5th level wifi reception hardly can be received or use.

This hostel is really nice and clean and the staff were very friendly. i felt it really lacked atmosphier, i stayed for 3 nights and didnt meet anyone. the location is not the best for Kowloon or Hong Kong, its right in with the locals and you have to get a taxi or a tube everywhere. i would not recomend the hostel for solo travellers.

This is an excellent hostel, I liked the modern rooms with large lockers and the selection of meals in the cafe. Staff were always helpful. The only thing that could be improved is the wi-fi which is extremely slow.

Ticked all the boxes of what a traveller wants other that cost is a little overpriced.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Amazing place to stay !!! tasty free breakfast and food in restaurant, very clean,safe bright rooms helpful staff !! :) Jacek from Poland

Lovely new hostel, with a lot of history. Built in a refurbished 1950s housing estate, Mei Ho House is a very nostalgic place. The free breakfast is great, and served in the large, retro styled restaurant. The rooms are large and spacious, with 2 bathrooms between 8 people (compare that to 1 bathroom between 9 at my other favourite hostel) Security is tight, and the beds are comfortable. Perfect!

Very spacious and well maintained rooms and hostel. Made our trip to hong Kong a lot better.

This was a clean safe hostel, and we enjoyed our time. Definitely a little out of the way, but it does have an MTR station within reasonable walking distance. (We used Sham Shui Po but there is actually another as well.) Sort of separately, we had an extremely hard time finding it. Nobody including our taxi driver had heard of it, the address on the website was different than the one on Google maps (which was correct)

• 8th Jan 2015

Great position, a few min.walk to the MTR station. easy to acccess anywhere. Room, bathroom, bed are all clean and well set up. Was a pity that atmosphere was so so and roommates are kinda noisy.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • China

Security was perfect, rooms were perfect, place is not the greatest when you want to enjoy HK, a lot of noise in the room