YHA Mei Ho House Reviews

Block 41 Shek Kip Mei Estate, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great hostel, approachable and friendly staff, would stay again

When I stayed there, the hot water sometime does not function well. When I'm in the shower, suddenly it turns cold. Yet, it was in the winter. Surrounding area is not very good. If you stayed there, you will know what I mean. Other than that, YHA is very recommended. The staffs is very helpful and the room is spacious, clean and tidy.

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

We spent a very nice 3 day stay at YHA Mei Ho House. The rooms are large and very well insulated. YHA is located very near to MTR, so eay to find and to join. Aircon works well. Clean rooms. Fan in bathroom mayby a little noisy (but only in use when bathroom is used). Personnel at the reception is super kind and very helpfull (11/10!!). Breakfast is good. Bed is OK, but I had difficulties finding a good night sleep (probably due to myself). I would definitely recommand this Hostel. Great!!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Great hostel. Good breakfast. Location is also good.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

I double booked this hostel with another on accident. I've been traveling for two months hopping through time zones so it's no surprise that this happened. I didn't realize my mistake until I was attempting to check in. The staff were very rude and were not trying to be helpful with me booking for the current night as I had accidentally booked two hostels for the same night. I explained that I thought I booked them for Saturday and another hostel for Sunday but turns out I booked both for Sunday

Good location and the convenient transportation. Good atmosphere especially the museum recording the history of the community is quite nice.

No activities were going on in common area. It was boring and it was hard to meet people. Breakfast, each person only gets one piece of napkin (this is so poor!). Location of the hostel is so far away from central area.

Metal cutlery at breakfast please! Bacon difficult to cut with plastic. Would have liked an indoor space with sofas

Very clean, spacious, comfortable; decent breakfast; nice facility in general. We loved the location. The staff were efficient and helpful. The history of the building was fascinating and added value to our stay there. Highly recommended.

Good location, nice facility, fair price. The only thing that I'd think can be improved is the plug. It seemed that there was no plug for each bed. Therefore, since I checked in late, the whole room was dark and most of my roommates slept already.I couldn't find a place to recharge my phone until the next morning. ( I was in a female dorm).

Great room, clean with plenty of space. Staff were friendly and helpful

The breakfast selection was excellent, especially the English breakfast.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Good hostel overall. We liked the history of the building. Bonus that breakfast was included. We travelled with 2 children and it was a great family environment.

Overall I had a great experience here! The rooms were very clean, the staff were generally friendly, and the hostel is in a good location. The wifi was not very strong and would drop out sometimes, and the breakfasts were nice enough. I enjoyed my stay here.

Fantastic location, very clean, great breakfast, helpfull and friendly staff. You MUST stay here when visiting Hong kong, highly recommend!

• 24th Aug 2015